=== freeflying_away is now known as freeflying
=== freeflying is now known as freeflying_away
=== jono is now known as ubuntu-goldfish
=== freeflying_away is now known as freeflying
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== freeflying is now known as freeflying_away
=== freeflying_away is now known as freeflying
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== ghostcube_ is now known as ghostcube
=== LordOfTime is now known as TheLordOfTime
=== bdrung_ is now known as bdrung
=== adam_g is now known as adam_g_afk
=== Sp4rKy_ is now known as Sp4rKy
=== jamespag` is now known as jamespage
=== cyphermox_ is now known as cyphermox
=== pgraner` is now known as pgraner
=== kees_ is now known as kees
=== debfx_ is now known as debfx
costalesHi everybody!20:02
costalesHi rafael_carreras :) How are you?20:03
rafael_carrerasfine :)20:03
costalesGreat :D20:03
costalesGreat your last install party! rafael_carreras20:03
costalesI saw in the planet20:03
rafael_carrerasthank you, costales20:03
skellatcostales: Shall we start with the LoCo Council meeting?20:05
costalesHi SergioMeneses!20:06
costalesskellat: Who we are here from the Council?20:06
costalesWho are we here from the Council?20:06
BobJonkman1Hello all!20:06
SergioMeneseshi guys!20:06
SergioMenesesBobJonkman1, ni20:06
kaziwebHi I'm from Ubuntu Qatar.20:06
skellatskellat, costales, sergiomeneses20:06
SergioMenesesskellat, ok20:07
kaziwebAnd for the first time in council meeting.20:07
skellatI think we can go ahead and start20:07
meetingologyMeeting started Tue Nov 19 20:07:18 2013 UTC.  The chair is skellat. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.20:07
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired20:07
SergioMeneseskaziweb, welcome!20:07
skellatThis is the November regular meeting of the LoCo Council20:07
kaziwebSergioMeneses, thanks20:07
skellatWe have two applications before us at this meeting for consideration20:07
kokoye2007thx skellat20:08
skellat#topic ubuntu-mm20:08
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: ubuntu-mm
skellatAt this point I must stress that, due to the number of members who are unable to be present, we have votes that have been recorded separately in bugmail20:09
skellatWhile I look up those votes, I invite kokoye2007 to tell us a little bit about the current state of ubuntu-mm20:09
kokoye2007yes skellat20:09
kokoye2007we have pre vote +1 4 person :D20:10
costalesWelcome kokoye200720:10
kokoye2007now we planing for Ubuntu 13.10 Biggest Event20:10
kokoye2007in 2 City20:10
SergioMenesesawesome kokoye2007 !20:10
kokoye2007also Country Level Mobile Event in Order booth  - for Ubuntu Mobile Event (Dec-2013)20:11
kokoye2007this year we more promote Ubuntu OS in our country20:11
costalesI see your wiki pretty nice and good information ;)20:12
kokoye2007bcz IP Law is early20:12
skellatThe wiki looks in pretty good shape20:12
skellatIf I may interrupt for a moment, let me put the absent votes on record20:12
skellat#nick PabloRubianes20:12
skellat#info PabloRubianes voted +120:12
skellat#nick jose20:12
kokoye2007who is make IT event - they invited to our ubuntu loco team20:13
skellat#info jose voted +120:13
skellat#nick coolbhavi20:13
costaleskokoye2007: Have you had any issues? Or things the council can help with?20:13
skellat#info coolbhavi voted +120:13
kokoye2007bcz innovative and pioneer FLOSS team20:13
SergioMenesesI want to say you have an amazing wiki kokoye2007  and I am gald you use the loco team portal for your events http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-mm/ ....and there are a lot of good pictures! :)20:13
kokoye2007thx SergioMeneses20:13
ChitKothanx SergioMeneses20:14
skellatIs there any further discussion?20:14
skellat#voters skellat SergioMeneses costales20:14
meetingologyCurrent voters: SergioMeneses costales skellat20:14
kokoye2007this year to Ubuntu Year for Myanmar20:15
kokoye2007i wanna try look like China20:15
SergioMeneseskokoye2007, might you answer costales question :)20:15
SergioMenesesmight we help your team with something?20:16
kokoye2007when we make20:16
kokoye2007Barcamp or20:16
kokoye2007Ubuntu Camp / UbuCamp20:16
honothanks sir20:16
kokoye2007Who can coming and Contribute / Guide20:16
kokoye2007example Ubuntu Install Festival / Ubuntu Travel in Myanmar20:17
kokoye2007migrate (Window$ > Ubuntu)20:18
skellatSome of that got discussed in the LoCo Projects session at vUDS-1311 today.  I urge you to go back and watch the session to learn what dpm, popey, myself, and others were talking about.20:18
SergioMeneseskokoye2007, I dont get your point... you want to make a guide about hw to contribute or I miss something?20:18
kokoye2007who can come (and) who can guideline20:19
kokoye2007thx skellat20:19
SergioMenesesok I propose this! kokoye2007 send us an email with this "project" and we are going to see what might we do :)20:19
costaleskokoye2007: What about the wiki guides? Are they useful for you? https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/LoCoTeamsBestPracticesandGuidelines20:19
SergioMenesesskellat, costales ok with my idea?20:19
costalesyes :D it will be a great feedback20:19
skellatSergioMeneses: No objections20:19
kokoye2007Ohh thank SergioMeneses , costales20:20
SergioMenesesskellat, we are ready to vote - imho20:20
costalesyes, I'm20:20
skellat#vote To approve the Verification of ubuntu-mm for a 2 year period20:20
meetingologyPlease vote on: To approve the Verification of ubuntu-mm for a 2 year period20:20
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)20:20
skellat+1 with hearty congratulations to the team for the great work they are doing20:20
meetingology+1 with hearty congratulations to the team for the great work they are doing received from skellat20:20
kokoye2007who is +1 :)20:20
costales+1 Impressive work team! Thanks! Keep your hard work ;)20:20
meetingology+1 Impressive work team! Thanks! Keep your hard work ;) received from costales20:20
SergioMeneses+1 excellent work ubuntu-mm20:21
meetingology+1 excellent work ubuntu-mm received from SergioMeneses20:21
meetingologyVoting ended on: To approve the Verification of ubuntu-mm for a 2 year period20:21
meetingologyVotes for:3 Votes against:0 Abstentions:020:21
meetingologyMotion carried20:21
costalesCongrants team! :D20:21
kokoye2007thank costales20:21
skellat#agreed With the 3 absent votes plus the 3 positive votes in-meeting, ubuntu-mm stands Verified for 2 years20:21
kokoye2007thank SergioMeneses20:21
ChitKoThank you all20:21
kokoye2007thank skellat20:21
honothanks all sir20:21
costaleskokoye2007: Thanks to all the team :)20:21
kokoye2007we promise, more project, more contribute, more love ubuntu :)20:22
SergioMenesescongrats ubuntu-mm ChitKo and kokoye200720:22
skellatOkay, lets move on to the next topic20:22
skellat#topic Abstention of a Council Member20:22
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Abstention of a Council Member
SergioMeneseskokoye2007, if you need help from us! please let us know ;)20:22
skellat#info skellat serves as Point of Contact/Leader for Ubuntu Ohio20:22
kokoye2007yes, thx SergioMeneses20:23
skellat#info skellat also serves as a member of LoCo Council20:23
skellat#info skellat will not be permitted to vote on the application of Ubuntu Ohio for Verification20:23
SergioMenesesskellat, dont worry!20:23
skellat#info SergioMeneses will take the chair for proceedings on the Ubuntu Ohio application20:23
skellat#chair SergioMeneses20:23
meetingologyCurrent chairs: SergioMeneses skellat20:23
skellat#topic ubuntu-us-ohio20:23
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: ubuntu-us-ohio
skellatI yield to SergioMeneses to continue the meeting20:24
SergioMenesesgreetings ubuntu-us-oh !20:24
SergioMeneses#link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OhioTeam/VerificationApplication201320:24
skellatGreetings on behalf of a rather rambunctious community20:24
SergioMenesesthanks costales20:24
SergioMenesesskellat, tell us something about your community20:24
skellatAfter two failed attempts at seeking Approval, Ubuntu Ohio entered a bit of a restructuring20:25
skellatDuring that time Ubuntu Ohio transitioned from having a High Council to lead it to now being led by a sole leader20:25
skellatWe've instituted some changes to try to increase the engagement level20:25
costalesI'm glad to see you're using the Portal :) http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-us-ohio/events/history/20:25
skellatThank you20:25
skellatAbove and beyond the requirements in general for LoCo membership, members for Ubuntu Ohio **must** sign the Ubuntu Code of Conduct20:26
SergioMenesesskellat, glad to read that! a lot of teams are working on the same area... how to get more activity, members, and others20:26
skellatThis ensures that they are empowered to take action on any complaints they have to the relevant team rather than complain intra-team20:26
skellatSergioMeneses: Our big goal right now is to get everybody empowered20:26
skellatI bluntly told multiple members in-person at Ohio Linux Fest 2013 that I do not whining or complaining without action20:27
skellatIf you have a problem, I want to remove the barriers so you can seek a fix to the problem20:27
SergioMenesesskellat, great! I think someday you might share about this with us and all loco-teams20:27
costalesYou've been busy ;)20:27
SergioMenesescostales, agree20:27
skellatPutting on OLF 2013 was our short-term goal which we just completed20:28
SergioMenesesI really like your "member map"  http://ohio.ubuntu-us.org/map/user20:28
costalesskellat: So what do you think is the best thing that works for the team, is it social events?20:28
skellatcostales: In-person, no.  We're too spread out.  Online, yes.  We're making online socialization work.20:29
SergioMenesesskellat, great!20:29
SergioMenesesskellat, do you have problems in your team or if we might help you with something?20:29
costalesskellat: Which social platform is working better? Twitter, FB, G+, Identi.ca...?20:29
BobJonkman1skellat: How did you achieve online socialization?20:30
* SergioMeneses forgets skellat is part of the LC 20:30
skellatSergioMeneses: Not at this time.  Any member of the Council is welcome to attend our meeting later this month when we work on our long range planning20:30
skellatcostales: IRC & Mailing Lists are what are working best followed by G+ then Twitter20:30
costalesskellat: Great! ;)20:31
costalesNice detailed wiki20:31
SergioMenesesand you have a good experience this year! I like that as well... I think we are ready to vote, costales dont you think?20:32
skellatBobJonkman1: Right now we focus on our IRC meetings.  When it comes down to it, I'm actually located closer to you "as the crow flies" than my next closest member of Ubuntu Ohio.  The IRC channel has been the main watering hole for discussion although I am trying to get some of that to move to discourse.ubuntu.com potentially.  Discussion in-channel is pretty varied.20:32
skellatWe should note that votes were already cast in the bug20:33
SergioMenesesgood answer skellat !20:33
costalesI have to ask :P Do you need something from the council?20:33
BobJonkman1#info skellat, LoCo Council: at some future time I'd like to discuss how to improve IRC meeting participation for Ubuntu-ca20:33
SergioMenesesok we have 4 votes https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-locoteams/+bug/124752320:33
ubottuError: ubuntu bug 1247523 not found20:33
skellat#action LoCo Council to discuss with Point of Contact for Canada how to improve participation20:34
meetingologyACTION: LoCo Council to discuss with Point of Contact for Canada how to improve participation20:34
SergioMenesesjaja the bug is private20:34
kokoye2007it's private20:34
skellatHold on20:34
skellat#nick jose20:34
SergioMenesesskellat, it's ok20:34
skellat#info jose voted +1 on Ohio20:34
costalesGreat BobJonkman1 I'll a pleasure :)20:34
skellat#nick coolbhavi20:34
skellat#info coolbhavi voted +1 on Ohio20:34
skellat#nick PabloRubianes20:35
skellat#info PabloRubianes voted +1 on Ohio20:35
skellatSergioMeneses: Okay, we've got that on record now :-)20:35
SergioMenesesskellat, perfect!20:35
SergioMenesesskellat, I think my vote is not necessary =( jajaja20:35
SergioMenesescongratulations ubuntu-us-ohio20:35
skellatOh, that's right I almost forgot20:36
skellat#nick costales20:36
skellat#info costales voted +1 on Ohio20:36
costalesOf course :)20:36
costalesYou did an awesome hard work!20:36
SergioMenesesskellat, I will put my vote on the bug ;)20:36
SergioMenesescostales, skellat do we have more things on the board?20:37
skellat#agreed ubuntu-us-ohio stands Verified for 2 years20:37
skellat#topic Any Other Business20:37
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Any Other Business
BobJonkman1Since there are lots of people online I haven't met before, can we do a round of introductions before the meeting ends?20:37
kokoye2007g8t! skellat , costales20:38
costalesCongrats ubuntu-us-ohio!! And thanks! :D20:38
skellat#subtopic Introductions20:38
ChitKoCongrats ubuntu-us-ohio!!20:38
skellatThank you kokoye2007, ChitKo, costales20:38
BobJonkman1I'm Bob Jonkman from Elmira, Ontario, Canada, and a co-contact for Canada with Darcy Casselman (dscassel on IRC)20:38
costalesOf course BobJonkman120:38
costalesNice to meet you BobJonkman1, it's a pleasure :)20:39
BobJonkman1Hello, costales!20:39
skellatMy name is Stephen Michael Kellat in Ashtabula, Ohio, USA, and am a member of LoCo Council as well as Point of Contact/Leader for Ubuntu Ohio.  BobJonkman1 otherwise sees me on Identica as alpacaherder usually.20:39
BobJonkman1It was useful to receive a reminder of this meeting on the LoCo-Contacts mailing list -- thanx for that, skellat20:40
skellatNo problem20:40
kokoye2007nice 2 meet ya skellat,20:40
hononice to see skellat20:41
skellatA big thing right now is to work on communication.  popey brought that up as an issue during the LoCo Projects session at today's vUDS-1311 panels and it is an active matter to deal with.20:41
SergioMenesesBobJonkman1, indeed ... skellat rocks!20:41
costalesBobJonkman1: I'm costales. Hi from a LoCo Council Member too!20:41
SergioMenesesskellat, close the meeting ;)20:41
SergioMenesesok I have to go back to work! see you later guys!20:42
SergioMenesestake care20:42
BobJonkman1Bye SergioMeneses20:42
kokoye2007bye SergioMeneses see ya later ;P20:42
honotake care bye20:42
ChitKobye skellet , costales , SergioMeneses20:42
skellatIt looks like we're done20:43
skellat#topic Next meeting20:43
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Next meeting
skellat#info The next meeting will be the Third Tuesday of December at 2000 UTC20:43
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Tue Nov 19 20:43:35 2013 UTC.20:43
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-11-19-20.07.moin.txt20:43
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-11-19-20.07.html20:43
costalesBobJonkman1: If you have any issue at any time, please, ping us in the #ubuntu-locoteams :)20:44
costalesWe're for helping you20:44
BobJonkman1Will do, costales20:44
costalesBobJonkman1: :) ;)20:44
BobJonkman1I'll schedule an IRC meeting for ubuntu-ca and invite LoCo Council members to discuss participation20:45
BobJonkman1We've been having them regularly, but attendance dropped off to the point where I was just talking to myself.20:45
* genii slides BobJonkman1 a coffee20:45
BobJonkman1Thanx genii! Always nice to have you around20:46
BobJonkman1Meeting/Agenda from the last IRC meeting: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CanadianTeam/Meetings/2013/2013-09-2620:47
costalesNice BobJonkman120:49
costalesI'll try to be there :D20:49
costalesRemember us, OK?20:50
BobJonkman1Thanx.  Should be on 28 November at 19:00-0500 (EST), or 00:00 UTC on 29 November.  That gives us a local time range of 16:00 (PST) to 21:30 (NST)  -- Canada is really big...20:51
costalesBobJonkman1: I think it will be a bad hour for me :P It's my 22.00 now xD21:00
BobJonkman1Hmm... Not sure how to fix that.  Evening meetings (in local time zone) are preferred to avoid conflicts with people's working hours21:01
costalesThere are more members in the council :) Don't worry21:01
costalesWe'll try!21:01
BobJonkman1I'm just creating an agenda now, and I'll create an event in the LoCo portal, and send a message to the LoCo Contacts mailing list. That should get some people, I hope!21:02
BobJonkman1OK, Ubuntu-ca  agenda for the IRC meeting posted at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CanadianTeam/Meetings/2013/2013-11-28 LoCo Portal event at http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/2646/detail/22:45
=== freeflying is now known as freeflying_away

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!