schproodleknome, OK I will try :)00:02
knomeif you break it... it can always be fixed00:02
slickymasterschproodle, ping us if needing help00:02
schproodleknome, you were close -- fiddled it -- looks OK now.  Thanks00:02
slickymasterschproodle, now you have the link to add to the machine column in the tracker -> http://pastebin.com/VJSa0ajn00:04
schproodleslickymaster, OK looks great.  I have to enter that url for each report eh.00:06
slickymasterschproodle, yes, for each one :P00:07
slickymasterhey schproodle, thanks a lot for being, and reporting, those tests00:07
schproodleslickymaster, well some might get the impression that I know what I'm doin.  lol :)00:08
slickymasterschproodle, well, the way  see it, you're doing a fabulous job00:09
schproodleslickymaster, elfy helped me set up vbox earlier btw00:09
knomeschproodle, thanks for testing from me as well!00:09
slickymaster:) is our -qa lead00:09
schproodleNice work people!00:09
slickymasterhe is ^ 00:09
knomeslickymaster, you mean elfy is :P00:10
slickymasteryou appeared out of nowhere, when I was still writing00:10
knomenew skill learned!00:11
* slickymaster is convinced that knome has ninja hidden skills00:11
knomemaybe in irc...00:11
schproodleslickymaster, what is "-qa lead" sort of solder or petrol additive or...?00:18
slickymasterschproodle, qa stands for the Xubuntu Quality Assurance team -> https://launchpad.net/~xubuntu-qa00:19
slickymasterand elfy is the leader of that team, hence elfy is the -qa lead00:20
schproodleI have enjoyed xubuntu for many years. Thanks and kudos to your team.00:21
slickymastertks schproodle 00:22
jjfrv8knome, I see I missed slicky tonight. I can make 22UTC for the meeting tomorrow, or anytime from about 18 on.01:06
knomejjfrv8, let's do it at 22UTC then, i'll try to be around01:06
jjfrv8I've got a draft of my application for -core ready, would you want to go over that then too?01:07
knomesure, or if you have it ready now, you can send it to me by email, and i can review it before the meeting01:07
jjfrv8OK. I'll do that.01:08
knomecheers :)01:08
knomesee you, have fun meanwhile!01:09
Noskcajknome, I'll be away from the meeting then. I leave for school at 21UTC02:50
bluesabreNoskaj: still around?03:04
bluesabreCatfish 1.0 released, https://launchpad.net/catfish-search/1.0/1.0.003:04
bluesabreFor packaging, it does not necessarily depend on locate, just has to be an application that installs a locate executable in PATH03:05
Noskcajbluesabre, I'll do that later today03:05
bluesabrewhich, for debian and ubuntu, I believe mlocate is sufficient03:05
Noskcajand i think it's reccomends: mlocate | locate now03:05
bluesabregreat, that should do it03:06
NoskcajWhat launchpad or debian bugs are closed by this?03:06
bluesabreall the bugs listed at the bottom of https://launchpad.net/catfish-search/1.0/1.0.003:07
bluesabrealso, debian bugs #589777, #598598, #73136303:08
ubottuDebian bug 589777 in catfish "catfish: [Patch] Make it easier to translate files found message" [Minor,Open] http://bugs.debian.org/58977703:08
ubottuDebian bug 731363 in catfish "catfish: depends on locate undocumented and without favoring mlocate" [Normal,Open] http://bugs.debian.org/73136303:08
ubottuDebian bug 598598 in catfish "Sidebar too narrow in some locales" [Minor,Open] http://bugs.debian.org/59859803:08
bluesabrewell, I guess 731363 is an upload bug03:09
bluesabrelp #123024503:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1230245 in Catfish "In version 0.8.2 thumbnail option doesn't work" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/123024503:10
bluesabrelp #125750003:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1257500 in catfish (Ubuntu) "Contains embedded copy of pexpect" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/125750003:10
bluesabrelp #125871303:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1258713 in catfish (Ubuntu) "Catfish crashing with gi._glib.GError: Icon 'camera-photo' not present in theme" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/125871303:10
bluesabreI can keep pasting if you'd like?03:10
bluesabrelp #126118103:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1261181 in Catfish "Untranslatable strings "Search terms" and "About" etc." [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/126118103:11
bluesabrelp #126118503:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1261185 in Catfish "Sidebar width insufficient for non-English languages" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/126118503:11
bluesabrelp #126118803:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1261188 in Catfish "Folders icon in sidebar incorrectly colored" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/126118803:11
bluesabrelp #127437803:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1274378 in Catfish "Catfish does not search mounted shares, likely because mounts are in hidden gvfs folder" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/127437803:11
bluesabredone :)03:11
bluesabreI suppose I should put that into an email then03:17
Noskcajbluesabre: Could you email me the list? I only need bug numbers, and only for ubuntu/debian bugs03:41
bluesabreok, I'll send you the truncated list03:42
bluesabreheading to bed, email me if you have any questions or issues03:46
bluesabrenight all!03:47
pleia2wow, our flyer is on fire03:51
pleia2+255, 82 reshares03:51
pleia2knome: ^^03:51
pleia2I did something right re: marketing \o/03:52
Noskcajnice work pleia2 03:52
pleia2thanks :)03:53
ochosihey micahg 06:47
ochosi(oh, read that thing about "sleep" too late)06:48
elfy!team | if anyone gets to do a test here http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/311/builds that'll help 08:19
elfythat works then 08:19
elfy!team 08:19
ubottubluesabre, elfy, GridCube, jjfrv8, knome, lderan, micahg, mr_pouit, Noskcaj, ochosi, pleia2, skellat, slickymaster, Unit19308:19
Unit193WARNING: This image is OVERSIZED. This should never happen during milestone testing.   Welp.08:31
knomepleia2, ;)09:24
Unit193elfy: Are you already testing?09:32
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
Unit193(wrapper:2113): libxfce4util-CRITICAL **: IA__xfce_rc_write_entry: assertion 'value != NULL' failed11:16
Unit193Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_r300.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory11:16
Unit193That's fun...11:16
slickymasterjjfrv8: something come up and I'll be unable to make today's meeting at 19, can you postponed it to 22 UTC?11:36
knomeslickymaster, he said he's fine with that11:38
slickymasterhey knome, morning11:39
slickymasteryeah, I'm seeing it in the log, now :P11:39
knomegood day11:39
knomeslickymaster, ^ another reason why it would be a good idea to have a irc shell, even if you can't access it from work11:40
slickymasteryes, you're right11:41
slickymasterI'll try to discuss it with pleia2, today or tomorrow (between the team meeting and my ubuntu membership meeting)11:42
slickymasterknome: mumbling or wondering?11:44
knome"okay" :)11:45
brainwashochosi: any news regarding bug 1223808? is it still valid?12:34
ubottubug 1223808 in gmusicbrowser (Ubuntu) "gmbrc misses line to activate albuminfo-plugin" [Undecided,Expired] https://launchpad.net/bugs/122380812:34
brainwashthe bug report expired12:34
ochosiyes i know12:37
ochosii haven't resubmitted another patch/report because there were doubts that it is a good idea to activate this plugin by default (as it can theoretically stop working, being based on the parsing of a website)12:38
ochosii have to re-check the plugin's code (it was fixed upstream) to decide how to proceed with that12:38
brainwashalright :)12:38
knomebluesabre, ping12:50
elfyUnit193: I was yes13:06
elfyjust after 32 bit now - I'll do some tonight13:07
elfyslickymaster: remind me tomorrow re your membership meeting13:17
jjfrv8knome, I see that 12.04.1 made it to -proposed but is still missing some graphics... and you've already addressed that?13:57
knomejjfrv8, yep, .2 should be landing at some poing13:58
knomeyep, let's hope it finally fixes all the issues13:58
jjfrv8indeed. so there's still time for it to make it into the actual release?13:59
knomewe will make it, i've been in touch with cjwatson, who's doing the release14:00
schproodleCan one change/edit a test result for yesterday's Daily?  If so, how do I find it?14:15
schproodleOn QATracker14:15
knomeschproodle, yesterday's daily... that's gone :)14:16
schproodleknome, OK I realized I did not interpret the task correctly.  The test should have been failed.14:17
knomerun a new test against today's ISO, and report a fail14:18
schproodleknome, Done.  Thanks14:19
knomei mean, actually also run the test ;)14:19
schproodleknome, Yes, done. That is how I realized that I goofed yesterday's test result.14:20
knomeheh, sure :)14:21
schproodleknome, It was appropriate for you to clarify that BTW.14:22
slickymasterdon't worry elfy, I'll remind everyone of that in the team. And thanks for your attention and kindness14:25
ochosiali1234: seems like the X11 present-extension landed in ubuntu trusty14:44
knomeoookay, xubuntu-docs 12.04.2 should be safeul guided through to 12.04.4 now, respin TBD15:15
knomesafeul? safely.15:15
slickymasterbluesabre: even though https://translations.launchpad.net/menulibre/2.0 isn't showing it (LP is borked as it's showing 0% translated when the real state is 100%), the MenuLibre 2.0 series is completely translated into portuguese15:16
slickymasterknome: -docs blueprint -> Update documentation for xfdesktop 4.11: INPROGRESS15:18
slickymastercan't we use the work jjfrv8 amd me did?15:20
slickymasterknome: http://smdavis.us/doku/doku.php?id=xfdesktop-docs ^^^15:21
slickymasters/jjfrv8 amd me/jjfrv8 amd I15:22
knomeslickymaster, most definitely. but it'll need to be ported to the xubuntu docs15:22
slickymasterok, I'll start working on it15:22
knomethanks :)15:23
slickymasterknome: that will have to go on the settings-preferences chapter also15:24
knomelet me see something.15:24
elfydocs docs docs docs15:24
knomeslickymaster, you're correcy.15:24
knomeelfy, any reason 12.04 alternate is not listed in the tracker?15:25
slickymasterhey elfy, I haven't forgot that I'm also a -qa guy15:25
elfynot that I know of - I've not touched the tracker15:25
brainwashelfy: who let the docs out?15:25
elfyknome: ^^ 15:25
knomeelfy, okay15:26
knomeslickymaster, unrelated note: we might want to reconsider the header for the "Desktop" section under "Getting to know..." once we know how the customizing chapter turns out15:27
knomeslickymaster, also note that the aforementioned section has a brief mention of the desktop context (right-click) menu15:27
* slickymaster is opening the offline docs15:27
knomeslickymaster, if we are explaining a lot of the desktop customization stuff, we proabably should add a quick link at the end of that section15:28
knomeand i might need to look at a css theming issue on the docs15:30
slickymasterknome: you're talking about the new chapter right?15:30
knome(not a big one, but annoying)15:30
slickymasteror are you still referring to the old Chapter 3. Getting to know your desktop environment?15:30
knomeslickymaster, i'm talking about making sure the "Desktop" section is updated if needed, and interlinking to the new section from there when it's done15:30
slickymasterI see15:31
slickymasterwell that seems like a sane and logic decision15:31
knomeslickymaster, and that we might want to reconsider the "Desktop" section's name (though it might be perfectly fine/valid to keep it as is)15:31
slickymasterit won't be easy as the present name is completely self-explanatory 15:32
knomesure, i'm just saying :)15:33
* slickymaster thinks that knome is throwing fuel on the fire15:34
knomethat's how this project stays alive15:34
knomethrow flammable material on it and people need to come and extinguish it15:34
slickymasterknome: there's one thing though, it must be defined what is priority, MenuLibre or Xfdesktop, that's something we should address on today's meeting with jjfrv8 15:37
knomethat's a really hard question15:37
knomebasically, both are priority for this release15:37
slickymasterthe countdown to doc-freeze is moving on15:37
knomemarch 2015:38
knome6 weeks15:38
slickymastera month and a half, give it or take it15:38
knome(though it'd be cool to have stuff in for the beta 1)15:38
knomei would say;15:38
knomesince xfdesktop stuff is *written*, port that now15:39
knomeso we can have at least it for b115:39
knomethen do the menulibre stuff after that with a priority for making the doc freeze15:39
knomefrom that point, we have about a month to finish off the rest of the stuff15:39
slickymasterI think it would be better, since we already have some sort of foundation done15:39
knomeoh, hmm, we need to refresh the installer slideshow15:39
elfyis there any menulibre documentation yet? 15:39
knomeelfy, nope15:39
knomei can take the lead on the installer slideshow stuff though15:40
slickymasterI was thinking on starting it, now that mugshot is done with15:40
knomeso you don't need to have to worry about it too much15:40
knomeslickymaster, would guess that porting the xfdesktop stuff is a day's task at most, right?15:40
elfywell - my issue is at the moment - I can write a testcase that says - open menulibre - see if you can make it work15:40
knomei mean, we don't need to port all of it, just some highlights15:41
knomeelfy, have you ran menulibre 2.0 ?15:41
elfyyep - no idea how to work it - unless what I was trying to do doesn't work 15:41
elfywho knows15:41
slickymasterknome: yes, I agree with the idea of just porting the highlights of it15:42
elfyknome: there isn't an alternate to test it appears - http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/precise/daily-live/20140204/15:45
slickymasterknome: but as for being a day's task that really depends on external factors that I might not be able to control15:45
knomeelfy, being built15:47
knomeslickymaster, sure, i was referring to an ideal situation where you had a whole day to work on it ;)15:47
knomeelfy, though it (and the other images) need to be rebuilt for the new docs package15:48
knomeelfy, docs docs docs!15:48
slickymasterwell knome, no one promised it was supposed to be easy, so there's no need whining about the difficulties    15:49
knomeslickymaster, true that ;)15:49
elfywell slickymaster - eventually you need to either whine or rant :p15:49
* knome picks up the next canister of gas and a dynamite bar15:49
* knome throws them in the little campfire called 'xubuntu'15:50
* elfy favours throwing everything in the air and wandering off into the sunset usually15:50
slickymasterelfy: that's why I always have my board in the car and I'm always 5 minutes away from the ocean15:50
elfyvery nice :)15:50
slickymasterso I won't rant and/or whine15:50
elfyknome: so alternate built - install fails with no kernel modules16:05
elfyupdated works16:26
knomeelfy, yep, cjwatson is on it16:28
knomeelfy, respinning again16:28
elfythe last one seems to be ok16:29
knome18:24  cjwatson: knome: argh, sorry, that respin didn't work because the mirror  was locked, I'll retry in a bit16:30
knomeelfy, maybe the new -docs package wasn't in16:30
elfywhat channel are you seeing that in? 16:30
elfynot in there16:31
knomeme neither usually16:31
knomeso don't worry :P16:31
knomeguess i should though16:31
knomepleia2, "(c) 2012, 2013, 2014" or "(c) 2012–2014" ?16:32
elfydone now 16:33
knomeelfy, can you confirm that when you open the docs, you see "welcome to 12.04" and the header image ?16:35
elfywhen it installs I will16:40
elfyknome: ^^ - or do you want that from livecd rather than alternate?16:41
jjfrv8knome, I just ran updates on the image I installed this morning and I got .2. It looks right now.16:42
knomeelfy, should be the same16:42
knomejjfrv8, yep. thanks :)16:42
elfyknome: looks right to me16:49
schproodleTesting QATracker:  Daily wants to Upgrade Linux FAMILY by default in 'Installaion Type'. The Testcase steps might mention this when an installation will replace or install along side an existing Linux installation.  Should I be noting this in the report perhaps in the 'Comment'? 16:50
elfyschproodle: the thing to do if there is an issue with a testcase is to report it as a bug here https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-manual-tests/+filebug16:51
elfymaking sure to include the testcase number in the report16:51
schproodleelfy, Is this a bug?  Seems like a reasonable option for installing over an existing Linux installation.16:52
elfyschproodle: I've not got time to even look at the moment - if you think it's a testcase bug - report it and we'll get to it 16:54
elfybut as far as I am aware the iso's always default to that - so if that's not right that is a bug elsewhere - but I'd suspect it to be what they want it to do16:55
schproodleme 216:56
schproodle'Details for testcase' should indicate that IMHO.17:01
elfythen please just report it 17:01
schproodleas a bug then?17:01
elfyyes - and I'll get notified of it - as will all testcase admins - someone will look at it 17:02
schproodleelfy, Bug #1276720 'Testcase fails to note relevance of existing Linux FAMILY for Installation Type default'17:43
ubottubug 1276720 in Ubuntu Manual Tests "Testcase fails to note relevance of existing Linux FAMILY for Installation Type default" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/127672017:43
elfyalready seen it ;)17:45
schproodleWhat took so long eh :)17:45
schproodleI hope it makes sense...17:46
elfyIv'e not looked properly yet I'm afraid17:46
schproodleSorry to bother you...carry on please.17:47
elfywon't be today - I'm up to my eyes in 12.04.4 testing and other stuff atm17:47
pleia2knome: 2012-201419:03
pleia2was there supposed to be a doc team meeting now?19:10
pleia2I added it to the calendar :)19:10
=== pcwhite is now known as PaulW2U
elfypleia2: they moved it to 22:00 I think19:12
* elfy not involved 19:12
elfyit was due to slicky or jjfrv8 not being able to make it about now I believe - and it's those 2 that need to actually be here19:13
* pleia2 nods19:14
ElderDryasDoes anyone know (off the top of their head) what the latest version of the nvidia driver is with 14.04-daily (today)?19:18
knomepleia2, but you have a flexible employer, you can surely be around later as well ;)20:30
Noskcajknome, What time is the meeting tomorrow?20:34
elfyNoskcaj: normal time 19:00 UTC20:40
Noskcajok, i should be there20:41
elfyyou're confusing that with a docs one I think :)20:41
Noskcajcatfish 1.0 should now be in ubuntu20:41
jjfrv8evening, slickymaster 21:59
slickymastergood evening jjfrv8 21:59
jjfrv8knome, you around?21:59
slickymasteryes he is21:59
knome#startmeeting Xubuntu documentation checkup meeting21:59
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Feb  5 22:00:00 2014 UTC.  The chair is knome. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.21:59
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired21:59
knome#chair slickymaster jjfrv8 pleia2 22:00
meetingologyCurrent chairs: jjfrv8 knome pleia2 slickymaster22:00
jjfrv8who wants to start?22:00
slickymasterI think it would be better for you to open the hostilities knome, since you're more used to it22:00
slickymasteror you, jjfrv8 22:01
knome#topic Quick run-through of the documentation blueprint22:01
knomeso, the big things left to do are (looking as i type, will take some time):22:02
slickymasterwell, the mugshot item is done22:02
knome1) "what's new" page/slide22:02
knome2) menulibre docs22:02
knome3) copy some xfdesktop docs over22:03
knome4) update tour/about pages22:03
knome5) update installer slideshow22:03
knomeand finally,22:03
knome6) update documentation regarding the default xubuntu desktop layout/indicator stuff22:03
knomedid i miss something?22:04
slickymasterI think not22:04
knomewell 7) translations for docs22:04
slickymasterand there's also the bzr, and the code of conduct issues22:04
slickymasterbut that's part od the developer documentation22:05
knomeright, the developer docs22:05
knomei'm not sure if that's been something people have generally been excited about22:05
knomeand from my POV, it's on the bottom of the list22:05
slickymasterunderstandably 22:05
jjfrv8that was kind of my idea but since then I see where a lot of that stuff already exists22:05
knomejjfrv8, yeah, it's probably just scattered all over the place22:06
slickymasterwell, regarding the points knome enumerate, I'm planning on starting to work on porting the xfdesktop over to docbook22:07
slickymasterand afterwards, start to deal with the MenuLibre -docs22:07
knomei consider 5, 6 and 7 blocked22:07
knome(at least)22:07
knomethe rest we can basically work on right now22:07
slickymasteractually, I thought that MenuLibre was something that me and jjfrv8 could do together, similar to what we did with parole and xfdesktop22:08
jjfrv8can we talk about the "what's new" stuff?22:08
knomemost definitely22:08
knome#topic What's new?22:08
slickymasterjjfrv8, ^^22:08
knome(you can do #topic's as well)22:09
jjfrv8where do you think the subject should go in the offline docs? new chapter?22:09
knometell me if i said something else before, but i don't know if the docs are the best place for it22:10
knome(i'm not opposed to that idea either though)22:10
jjfrv8maybe not, can't remember22:10
knomemaybe website + installer slideshow?22:10
knomewe probably want that to be quite vibrant, and the docs aren't exactly that...22:11
slickymasterI think that would be preferable22:11
jjfrv8yeah, cause it pretty much demands screenshots22:11
knomeyep, and marketing-like content22:11
slickymasteragree, it kind of seems logical to be in the installer rather than in the -docs22:12
slickymasterand the website22:13
knomehmm, there's surely some logs about it somewhere, but i'm quite certain we thought it's best to mostly cover the LTS->LTS transition22:14
jjfrv8yes, definitely LTS->LTS22:16
knomedo we have anything other new than is mentioned on the pad?22:16
slickymasterjust a sec22:16
slickymasterback again, sorry22:17
knomedidn't even notice you were away ;)22:18
knomepleia2, any thoughts?22:19
slickymasterI don't seem to recall any other new stuff, other then what you already mentioned22:19
knomeok, good22:19
knomeshould we start working with it?22:20
pleia2not really22:20
knomeapart from the integrated desktop stuff, that is22:20
jjfrv8you said slideshow was blocked but I think we could start on it22:20
knomei'm thinking that because we can most probably use the same material in that22:20
knomewe probably want a bigger transition than just "update the same old slides"22:21
knomeso if we have the "what's new" stuff ready, it's really easy to pick new stuff from there22:21
knomeand same with that, we can't really write about the new, better integrated desktop yet22:21
slickymasterdo you mean a complete revamp of the entire slideshow?22:21
knomebecause things aren't in place :/22:21
knomeslickymaster, i've done a small visual facelift for it (to match with the website), and yeah, maybe the content is better rewritten as well22:22
knomewe've had the same slides for ages22:22
knomeand they aren't communicating "14.04 is full of new wonderful features"22:22
slickymasterwell, it does goes back in the day :P22:22
knomeso, i would actually try to postpone that as far as possible22:23
knomeit's good to keep in mind we have to do it... but other things seem more important now22:23
knomeactually, the tour page is kind of blocked for the same reason22:23
knomethe about page is ready to be worked on22:23
knome(on the website)22:23
slickymasterwell, ideally I'll have xfdesktop ported to docbook format, by the end of the weekend22:24
knomeso it seems the things we can do now is the xfdesktop and menulibre docs22:24
slickymasterjjfrv8, did you get to see what I wrote about the MenuLibre -docs?22:24
jjfrv8not yet. I just tried it today for the first time.  Baffled, like elfy22:24
jjfrv8didn't have v 2.0, though22:25
knomeah, 2.0 is something completely different22:25
knomeit's a full rewrite22:25
jjfrv8how to get it. I don't know from tar's22:25
knomeas with the testcase, i think we should cover the most basic functions22:25
slickymasterjjfrv8,  my idea is that MenuLibre was something that you and me could do together, similar to what we did with parole and xfdesktop22:26
jjfrv8I'm good with that.22:26
knomejjfrv8, 2.x is in trusty22:26
slickymasteronce we overcome the initial barriers22:26
jjfrv8then I must have overwritten it :(22:27
slickymasteryes, I've installed it today in my trusty box22:27
slickymasterbluesabre, already has a namespace ready for them: http://smdavis.us/doku/doku.php?id=menulibre-docs22:27
knomeslickymaster, unrelated note: that site says "staging site", check with bluesabre if he's ok with us linking there from the docs, or if he's planning to move the docs22:28
slickymastergood point knome. I haven't done that and I've linked http://smdavis.us/doku/doku.php?id=mugshot-docs in the settings-preferences chapter22:30
pleia2we could always upload them to docs.xubuntu.org22:30
knomei just noticed that myself22:30
jjfrv8but basically, I fine with starting on xfdesktop and menulibre with slicky22:30
knomepleia2, but no can has dokuwiki on docs.22:30
pleia2right, it wouldn't be a wiki22:30
pleia2static snapshot of documentation22:31
slickymasterI'll ping bluesabre on that22:31
pleia2but whatever, we can treat this like any other upstream22:31
slickymasterif not today tomorrow morning at the very least22:32
knomepleia2, yep.22:32
slickymasterjjfrv8, you could start on the MenuLibre while I wrap Xfdesktop until the weekend and by the start of next week I would join exclusively on that22:34
* slickymaster hopes that elfy won't start to say docs, docs, docs, and no -qa22:35
slickymasterwith some luck we might have those ready for alpha122:35
jjfrv8too late for that :)22:36
elfyalpha1 is long gone ... 22:36
elfysome qa bloke you are :p22:36
* slickymaster hides in shame22:36
slickymasteryeaps, you're right22:36
slickymasterabout alpha1, not about doubting my '-qaness'22:37
jjfrv8knome, what about extending the docs? you mentioned two things from the Ubuntu Manual22:37
knomejjfrv8, i'm considering the ubuntu manual stuff bottom of the list as well22:38
Unit193And perhaps a "What application preforms what role"?22:38
jjfrv8okay, fine with that22:38
knomejjfrv8, it's just one more resource to dig some stuff from *when* we are comfortable with everything else and want to extend the docs22:38
knomeUnit193, like, extend file:///usr/share/xubuntu-docs/desktop-guide/guide-default-apps.html22:39
knome(expecting you to have the docs installed)22:39
Unit193More or less, but with more core applications.22:41
knomeUnit193, would be fine with merge proposals22:41
knomeUnit193, also note we have file:///usr/share/xubuntu-docs/desktop-guide/command-line.html#command-line-common-commands, which you might want to extend while at it22:41
Unit193(Do people use `edit` and `editor`?)22:42
* knome shrugs22:42
Unit193I can chech _history for what I commonly use, at least.22:43
knomei use nano.22:43
knomeochosi, stop hiding22:44
jjfrv8so, we have our plan, at least for the short term?22:49
* ochosi unhides22:49
slickymasterI would think we have22:50
slickymasterknome, anything you want to add?22:50
knomehumph, well22:51
knometalk with ochosi about the desktop stuff22:52
knomei mean, not necessarily now, but...22:53
knomecan we do a simple task assiging22:53
knome#topic Assigning some tasks22:53
slickymastergo for it22:53
knomeor tbe, see who's leading what22:53
knomeso slickymaster, you'll be leading the xfdesktop stuff22:53
knomejjfrv8, want to steer the menulibre docs at least for now?22:54
knomei'll make sure i'll nag myself and you about the installer slideshow22:54
knomepleia2, you ok to nag us about the website?22:54
knomei still need to look at some translation stuff, so i guess i can do the reminders/calls for translators later22:55
knome#action slickymaster to lead porting xfdesktop docs22:55
meetingologyACTION: slickymaster to lead porting xfdesktop docs22:55
knome#action jjfrv8 to lead writing menulibre docs22:55
meetingologyACTION: jjfrv8 to lead writing menulibre docs22:55
knome#action knome to lead/nag about updating the installer slideshow22:56
meetingologyACTION: knome to lead/nag about updating the installer slideshow22:56
knome#action knome to not let the team forget about translations22:56
meetingologyACTION: knome to not let the team forget about translations22:56
knome#action pleia2 (voluntelled) to not let the team forget about website22:56
meetingologyACTION: pleia2 (voluntelled) to not let the team forget about website22:56
knome#action Unit193 to do merge proposals for "X performs Y" styled listings for the docs22:57
meetingologyACTION: Unit193 to do merge proposals for "X performs Y" styled listings for the docs22:57
knomejjfrv8, you probably got my reply, but will confirm here: the mail looks good as is, go ahead and i'll +1 your application22:58
knome#action knome to remember to +1 jjfrv8's application for ~ubuntu-core-doc membership22:58
meetingologyACTION: knome to remember to +1 jjfrv8's application for ~ubuntu-core-doc membership22:58
knomeanything else?22:58
slickymasterI think that's about it22:58
jjfrv8nope, thanks.22:59
knomeok, great22:59
knomeif you have any questions or anything, i'm available as usually in this channel, PM and email22:59
knomethanks! :)22:59
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Feb  5 22:59:51 2014 UTC.  22:59
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/xubuntu-devel/2014/xubuntu-devel.2014-02-05-22.00.moin.txt22:59
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/xubuntu-devel/2014/xubuntu-devel.2014-02-05-22.00.html22:59
pleia2oh, and quick reminder *ubuntu* docs meeting is tomorrow22:59
knomeoh, right23:00
pleia2in 23.5 hours, over in #ubuntu-doc23:00
knomewhat time was it?23:00
pleia2er 23 hours23:00
knome2330UTC that is?23:00
pleia2at 22 utc :)23:00
slickymasterspeaking about ir pleia2, I'm not sure I'll be able to maake it23:00
knomeright :)23:00
pleia2I don't know what time it is now!23:00
meetingologyUnit193: Error: "now" is not a valid command.23:00
ubottuCurrent time in Etc/UTC: February 05 2014, 23:00:4223:00
pleia2thanks ubottu 23:00
knomepleia2, it's 23UTC now23:00
knomei have it on my panel!23:00
knome(and i'm just 2 hours off...)23:01
pleia2me too, my brain is just melty today23:01
slickymasterhey pleia2, do you think we can discuss the IRC shell?23:01
knomeooh ooh! ;)23:02
pleia2slickymaster: sure, what I need from your is username and public ssh key23:02
pleia2I have to get back to work ,everyone else can tell you what those are and how to use them23:02
pleia2just email: lyz@princessleia.com23:02
knomeslickymaster, you have one: https://launchpad.net/~slickymaster/+sshkeys23:02
knomeslickymaster, and i guess you have a username as well... :)23:03
slickymasteryeaps, knome 23:03
pleia2ok, I'll add slickymaster user with that key23:03
knomeyay, no need for email ;)23:04
slickymastertks pleia2 23:04
knomeslickymaster, are you familiar with any CLI irc client?23:04
slickymasternopes, never used one23:04
knomeokay. do you know what 'screen' does?23:04
slickymasterin a regular terminal?23:05
pleia2slickymaster: should be able to ssh slickymaster@dagobah.princessleia.com23:05
slickymasterI'm all ears knome 23:05
knomeslickymaster, check if you can login first (since pleia2 needs to run soon anyway)23:06
pleia2success \o/23:07
slickymasterknome, pleia2 I'm logged23:07
slickymasteryeaps \o/23:07
knomethanks again, pleia2 :)23:07
slickymasteryes pleia2, thanks23:08
knomeminutes from the meeting are up in the wiki23:08
slickymasterback to screen, knome, I'm assuming I'll have to install it23:08
knomeslickymaster, nope!23:08
knomelet's go to -offtopic23:08

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!