/srv/irclogs.ubuntu.com/2014/05/19/#ubuntu-meeting.txt

=== vladk|offline is now known as vladk
=== jono is now known as Guest96931
=== vladk is now known as vladk|offline
=== zequence_ is now known as zequence
=== vladk|offline is now known as vladk
xnox#startmeeting test08:19
meetingologyMeeting started Mon May 19 08:19:15 2014 UTC.  The chair is xnox. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.08:19
meetingologyAvailable commands: action commands idea info link nick08:19
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | test Meeting | Current topic:
xnox#endmeeting08:19
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Mon May 19 08:19:21 2014 UTC.08:19
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2014/ubuntu-meeting.2014-05-19-08.19.moin.txt08:19
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== zequence is now known as GrumpyStudio
=== GrumpyStudio is now known as zequence
jdstrandhi!16:44
* sbeattie waves16:44
jdstrand#startmeeting16:44
meetingologyMeeting started Mon May 19 16:44:44 2014 UTC.  The chair is jdstrand. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.16:44
meetingologyAvailable commands: action commands idea info link nick16:44
jdstrandThe meeting agenda can be found at:16:45
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting16:45
jdstrand[TOPIC] Announcements16:45
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Announcements
jdstrandThanks to Benjamin Drung (bdrung) who provided debdiffs for trusty for vlc (LP: #1276650). Your work is very much appreciated and will keep Ubuntu users secure. Great job!16:45
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1276650 in vlc (Ubuntu) "please update VLC to version 2.1.3" [Wishlist,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/127665016:45
jdstrand[TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report16:46
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Weekly stand-up report
jdstrandI'll go first16:46
jdstrandI will be travelling to the client apps sprint this week and preparing/attending that16:46
jdstrandI'm in the happy place16:46
jdstrandI'm not sure what the apps team has planned for me, so I'm not sure if I'll get to other items or not16:47
jdstrandbut I am working on a nova update and will be working on various may work items16:47
jdstrandmdes laur is out16:47
jdstrandsbeattie: you're up16:47
sbeattieI'm again working on the compiler hardening default stuff.16:48
jdstrandhow is that going?16:49
sbeattieI've got the stack-protector-strong stuff in a place where I'm happy with it, as well as have updates for gcc's tests to cope with some failures that are being triggered by our defaults.16:49
jdstrandnice16:50
sbeattieI'll working on getting a patch for -pie by default on amd6416:50
sbeattieerr, I'll _be_ working ...16:50
sbeattieI'll also be prepping more for the sprint next week16:50
sbeattieI think that's it for me.16:51
sbeattietyhicks?16:51
jdstrandtyhicks is off16:51
sbeattieOh, doh, tyhicks is not here today. jjohansen, I think you're up?16:51
jjohansenI am working on apparmor this week. I have several bugs that I need to continue investigating/fixing (1319984, a ptrace issue in the touch kernels, 1317545, ...)16:52
jjohansenI have some fixes for the goldfish kernel that I need to spin into the other touch kernels16:52
jdstrandjjohansen: is there any more you need from me regarding touch kernels as of today?16:54
jjohansenand of course I'll try to get back to updating my cache improvements (caching multiple kernels, ...), so that they can be handed off16:54
jjohansenjdstrand: no not atm, I need to finish chasing down what is going on with what I have, once I have a new kernel I will ping you16:55
jdstrandperfect16:55
jjohansenof and I need to stay active on the upstream cross rename stuff, and get ready for the sprint next week16:55
jjohansenthat is it for me sarnold you're up16:56
sarnoldI'm on community this week16:56
sarnoldI'm still working on the QRT django test script16:57
sarnoldI think that's it for me; it'd be nice to be rid of that test script but it's consistently been more work than I've assumed so far16:58
sarnoldchrisccoulson, you're up if you're here :)16:59
chrisccoulsonhi, I'm here :)16:59
chrisccoulsonthis week, I shall be working through my oxide review queue17:00
chrisccoulsonalso, getting firefox 29.0.1 out17:00
jdstrandchrisccoulson: is that the one with the pdf printing fix?17:00
chrisccoulsonjdstrand, it is17:00
jdstrandok, cool. that has affected me :)17:00
chrisccoulsonaha17:00
chrisccoulsonI think that's it for me17:01
jdstrandchrisccoulson: that will include the UA fix too?17:01
chrisccoulsonjdstrand, that's not firefox. it's ubufox17:01
jdstrandah. I guess that is an extremely small change17:02
jdstrandthat is for this week?17:02
chrisccoulsonyeah, it can be17:02
* jdstrand got asked about it17:02
jdstrandchrisccoulson: if you could, that would be great17:02
jdstrandchrisccoulson: perhaps we should add that to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseCycle?17:03
chrisccoulsonjdstrand, yeah, possibly. It gets forgotten about every cycle17:03
* jdstrand nods17:03
jdstrandif it doesn't have to be us, there is also https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewReleaseCycleProcess17:04
jdstrand[TOPIC] Highlighted packages17:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Highlighted packages
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
jdstrandThe Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so.17:04
jdstrandSee https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.17:04
jdstrandhttp://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/ruby-parser.html17:04
jdstrandhttp://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/ruby-i18n.html17:04
jdstrandhttp://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/maven.html17:05
jdstrandhttp://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/transifex-client.html17:05
jdstrandhttp://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/openarena.html17:05
jdstrand[TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions17:05
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Miscellaneous and Questions
jdstrandDoes anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?17:05
jdstrandsbeattie, jjohansen, sarnold, chrisccoulson: thanks!17:11
jdstrand#endmeeting17:11
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Mon May 19 17:11:21 2014 UTC.17:11
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2014/ubuntu-meeting.2014-05-19-16.44.moin.txt17:11
sarnoldthanks jdstrand17:11
jjohansenthanks jdstrand17:11
sbeattiethanks jdstrand17:13
wmackHello, this is wmack. I am before the board on the next meeting to seek approval of membership. I'm getting conflicting information on when exactly that meeting will take place.17:51
wmackOne piece of information says 1200UTC on May 21st (0500 AZ time), the other says 2000 on May 20th (1300 AZ time). Can someone clarify the actual date and time?17:52
wmackcancel - someone enlightened me locally.17:53
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
xnoxalso there are multiple boards... =)18:15
=== vladk is now known as vladk|offline
xnox!dmb-ping18:54
ubottubdrung, ScottK, Laney, micahg, xnox, bdmurray, stgraber: DMB ping18:54
xnoxmeeting in 5 minutes18:54
bdmurrayxnox: I'm here19:04
* xnox sees appologies from micahg, Laney & stgraber19:04
xnoxbdrung: ScottK: bdmurray: are you about?19:05
bdmurrayxnox: I'm here19:05
xnoxout of applicants I don't see sil2100 on any channels, nor bkeresea.19:05
xnoxsmb: are you about?19:05
smbxnox, yup19:05
bdmurrayxnox: sil2100 is being handled via email19:06
bdrungo/19:06
xnoxsmb: have you seen the email from Laney on the mailing list, defining virtualisation package set?19:06
xnoxoh, looks like we have enough to start the meeting?!19:07
smbxnox, Hm, no. Normal ubuntu-devel?19:07
xnoxsmb: never mind, it was actually private. I'll bring it up during the meeting.19:07
smbah ok19:08
xnox#startmeeting Ubuntu Developer Membership Board Meeting19:08
meetingologyMeeting started Mon May 19 19:08:13 2014 UTC.  The chair is xnox. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.19:08
meetingologyAvailable commands: action commands idea info link nick19:08
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu Developer Membership Board Meeting | Current topic:
xnox#topic Review of previous action items19:08
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu Developer Membership Board Meeting | Current topic: Review of previous action items
xnox#subtopic Action: add stokachu to core-dev team19:08
xnoxI think this was competed.19:08
xnox#subtopic Other19:08
xnoxany other actions that we have pending?19:08
bdmurraynope19:09
xnoxi thought so as well.19:09
xnoxbkeresea doesn't seem to be online. in that case. moving on.19:09
xnox#topic Establishment of the Virtualization package set19:10
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu Developer Membership Board Meeting | Current topic: Establishment of the Virtualization package set
xnoxWe have one applicant for a virtualization package set, yet such package set has not been created yet.19:10
xnoxA following list of packages was proposed by Laney, which without daubt can be considered to form virtualisation package set:19:10
xnoxxen, xen-api, xen-api-libs, qemu, libvirt19:10
xnoxbdmurray: bdrung: smb: would you agree?19:10
xnoxand if yes, shall we vote/ratify that, or simply discuss smb's application assuming such a package set?19:11
smbxnox, for if we include xen-api then blktap may be added too19:11
smbThat was part of the the xen-api bundle of things19:12
bdrungxnox: i agree that all these packages belong to virtualization.19:12
bdmurraythat sounds good to me19:12
xnox#vote create virtualisation packageset consisting off: xen, xen-api, xen-api-libs, qemu, libvirt and blktap19:13
meetingologyPlease vote on: create virtualisation packageset consisting off: xen, xen-api, xen-api-libs, qemu, libvirt and blktap19:13
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (for private voting, private message me with 'vote +1/-1/+0 #channelname)19:13
xnox+119:13
meetingology+1 received from xnox19:13
bdmurray+119:13
meetingology+1 received from bdmurray19:13
bdrung+119:14
meetingology+1 received from bdrung19:14
xnox#endvote19:16
meetingologyVoting ended on: create virtualisation packageset consisting off: xen, xen-api, xen-api-libs, qemu, libvirt and blktap19:16
meetingologyVotes for:3 Votes against:0 Abstentions:019:16
meetingologyMotion carried19:16
xnoxI think that's all votes we can get, and I believe above would be inline with stgraber/Laney as well.19:16
xnoxIn that case going forward.19:16
smbI would assume at least from stgraber19:16
xnox#topic Virualisation Packageset Uploader application (smb)19:16
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu Developer Membership Board Meeting | Current topic: Virualisation Packageset Uploader application (smb)
xnoxsmb: hello =) can you briefly introduce yourself and talk a little bit about the work you do with above mentioned packages?19:18
smbxnox, sure if you can bear with me being a bit slower at typeing :)19:18
smbSo I am Stefan Bader, working for the kernel team and through being kind of interface for the server team, started to care for the user-space side of virtualization, too19:19
smbMost of the work I did was on the Xen package, where I went ahead and created the packaging of Xen-4.4 for Trusty (before that the Xen-4.3 version was also done to quite some degree). I also try to establish us to do upstream stable minor releases for Xen.19:21
smbThe other packages I touched more or less often for bug-fixes and libvirt for some improvements related to Xen as well.19:22
smbI think that about is it...19:22
smbOh, maybe to add that usually I try to send improvements and additions to upstream (sometimes that is less simple than other times)19:24
xnoxsmb: as far as I know xen apis, are very tightly coupled, thus on upgrade one cannot skip major releases. What is your vision to support XEN upgrades from e.g. LTS -> LTS? Are you planning to provide xen-hwe-* (like kernels)?19:25
smbxnox, At least for the experience between Precise and Trusty the main issue was the toolstack which got deprecated. But the upgrade from 4.1 to 4.4 was doable without major issues19:27
smbOnly drawback were xend managed domains, but I provided a conversion script. Unfortunately that has to be called manually and is not working automatically as I initially intended.19:28
smbBasically when upgrading from P to T there will be a strong push towards changing toolstacks as in the next version of Xen xm is really removed19:29
xnoxi see. Sounds good.19:29
xnoxsmb: i see that xen package is ahead and not in-sync with debian. Are you planning to stay diverged from Debian? Or for example collaborate on the upgrade strategies.19:31
smbxnox, I was trying to collaborate with Debian, though that is ... err... difficult19:32
smbIOW hard to get feedback from the Maintainer there19:32
smbI would rather not deviate (too much)19:32
bdrungsmb: have you tried to join the Debian Xen Team?19:33
smbbdrung, No, not yet. There was an attempt by someone at Citrix but with not much success yet either19:33
xnoxsmb: i see, happens.19:35
xnoxbdrung: bdmurray: any other questions?19:36
bdrungsmb: what's your experience with other package maintainers?19:37
bdmurrayxnox: no, I don't have any questions19:37
smbxnox, libvirt and xen kernel parts receive better upstreaming. And for the kernel we usually try to keep multiple kernel versions working with each hypervisor (which actually is the answer to your previous question)19:37
smbFeedback and acceptance is quite good there.19:38
smbWell and also Xen parts which are not related to Debian packaging19:39
bdrungsmb: for example, libvirt is diverted from debian. Have you tried to join the libvirt team to join forces?19:40
=== vladk|offline is now known as vladk
smbbdrung, No, actually I submit all changes that applicable for all to upstream directly. I think from my part there is probably one or two changes related to Debian. But yeah, it would maybe mae sense to discuss these with Debian developers too19:42
bdrungsmb: it is beneficial to become co-maintainer and get access to Debian git repository. This way you could push fixes and prepare new releases.19:43
xnoxsmb: i find sending patches to BTS, even after already applied in ubuntu, helps. if they are taken then next merge/rebase will be easier, otherwise, well you do commit to maintain them =)19:44
smbI agree it should probably be done even in hindsight (libvirt), Probably I should give them a go in this cycle19:45
bdrungsending patches to the BTS as small chunks is always good. it can take very long until they are applied, but better late than never.19:45
xnoxI think we have discussed your position enough in-depth. So I'll call for votes.19:47
xnox#vote Should Stefan Bader become Virtualisation Packageset Uploader?19:47
meetingologyPlease vote on: Should Stefan Bader become Virtualisation Packageset Uploader?19:47
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (for private voting, private message me with 'vote +1/-1/+0 #channelname)19:47
bdrung+119:47
meetingology+1 received from bdrung19:47
bdmurray+119:48
meetingology+1 received from bdmurray19:48
xnox+119:48
meetingology+1 received from xnox19:48
xnox#endvote19:48
meetingologyVoting ended on: Should Stefan Bader become Virtualisation Packageset Uploader?19:48
meetingologyVotes for:3 Votes against:0 Abstentions:019:48
meetingologyMotion carried19:48
xnoxsmb: congrats =)19:48
smbthank you19:48
smb:)19:48
xnox#action Add Virtualisation packageset19:48
meetingologyACTION: Add Virtualisation packageset19:48
bdrungsmb: Herzlichen Gl├╝ckwunsch!19:48
xnox#action Add smb as uploader to Virtualisation packageset19:48
meetingologyACTION: Add smb as uploader to Virtualisation packageset19:48
smbbdrung, Danke19:48
xnoxbdrung: bdmurray: anybody wants to take up on the above actions? =)19:49
xnoxotherwise, i'll try to follow-up on performing them.19:50
xnox#topic Any other business =)19:50
bdrungnote for the vote: smb got +1 from stgraber and Laney via email.19:51
xnox#topic Any other business19:51
xnoxbdrung: right, yes, i failed to mention that.19:51
* xnox is not sure why the topic is not changing.19:51
xnoxIs there any other business?19:51
bdrungotherwise we wouldn't had met the required +419:52
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu Developer Membership Board Meeting | Current topic: Any other business =)
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | Ubuntu Developer Membership Board Meeting | Current topic: Any other business
xnoxbdrung: right, i thought quorum is +3. Noted.19:52
xnoxNext meeting is 2nd of June 15:00 UTC. Next chair is Laney. And I will not be able to make that meeting.19:53
xnoxAlso we need to finish up / conclude sil2100 application via email.19:53
bdrungxnox: we are seven in total and therefore need +4.19:53
xnoxI'll send a reminder about bkeresea application, which appears to have been stalled.19:55
bdmurrayxnox: its stalled because he has missed a couple of meetings19:55
xnoxbdmurray: i see. Is the time not convenient, or does he not want to proceed with application anymore? should it be handled via email then?!19:56
bdmurrayxnox: If I recall correctly its been two different meeting times19:56
xnoxbdmurray: i see.19:58
xnoxI guess that's it for today.19:58
xnox#endmeeting19:58
bdrungxnox: thanks for chairing.19:58
xnoxbdrung: yeah, almost managed it through =)19:59
bdrung:)19:59
xnoxi think it's my first IRC chair.19:59
=== zequence_ is now known as zequence
=== vladk is now known as vladk|offline
=== vladk|offline is now known as vladk
=== vladk is now known as vladk|offline
=== vladk|offline is now known as vladk
=== vladk is now known as vladk|offline

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!