AlbertArsalveti: ok let me check00:50
rsalvetiAlbertA: thanks01:10
AlbertArsalveti: it looks ok on all devices (n4, n10, n7) I marked it as tested01:22
rsalvetiAlbertA: lovely, landing it then01:22
rsalvetiAlbertA: thanks01:22
rsalvetiAlbertA: we need to rebuild the system-compositor in the mir 0.4 landing02:01
rsalvetiAlbertA: once everything is merged02:01
AlbertArsalveti: yes, I'm updating the branches now02:02
rsalvetiAlbertA: great, thanks02:02
imgbot=== trainguard: IMAGE 108 building (started: 20140702 02:05) ===02:04
imgbot=== trainguard: IMAGE 108 DONE (finished: 20140702 03:35) ===03:34
imgbot=== changelog: http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/touch-image-stats/108.changes ===03:34
thostr_1sil2100: can I get a silo for line 3206:50
sergiusenstrainguards can I get a slot for line 35?08:06
sil2100sergiusens: sure08:06
sil2100thostr_1: not sure if I mentioned, but you have a silo for your landing as well08:06
psivaasil2100: ogra_: this occurred today again with mediaplayer app tests:08:13
psivaaI: Unlock failed, script output: 'initctl: unable to determine sessions08:13
psivaaThe ubuntuuitoolkit.emulators module is deprecated. Import the autopilot helpers from the top-level ubuntuuitoolkit module.08:13
psivaaTraceback (most recent call last):08:13
psivaa  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>08:13
psivaa  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 70, in __call__08:13
psivaa    return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)08:13
psivaa  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 145, in __call__08:13
psivaa    **keywords)08:13
psivaa  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 651, in call_blocking08:13
psivaa    message, timeout)08:13
psivaadbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.22" (uid=32011 pid=1977 comm="python3 -c import dbus, logging;from unity8 import") interface="com.canonical.powerd" member="requestSysState" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination=":1.1" (uid=0 pid=887 comm="/usr/bin/powerd ")08:13
psivaa+ release_powerd08:13
seb128sil2100, who made the bot join that channel?08:14
psivaabut on the same device as we saw yesterday.. so not exactly sure where the problem08:14
sil2100seb128: which one? queuebot? I think it was stgraber, but I wasn't in the discussions regarding queuebot's CITrain positioning08:15
cjwatsonseb128: stgraber answered you last night ...08:15
cjwatson17:40 <stgraber> dobey, seb128: wasn't moved so much as being merged into queuebot but that was something which came up with robru, sil2100, slangasek and barry about some changes wrt the landing team. It's indeed a bit more noisy than we'd like it to be, I need to08:16
seb128cjwatson, sorry, didn't see that08:16
cjwatson                 tweak it so it only posts notices when an action is needed.08:16
brendandpsivaa, we're missing lots of suites again this morning08:16
seb128cjwatson, thanks08:16
seb128where ubuntu-system-settings08:16
seb128queuebot, where ubuntu-system-settings08:16
sil2100seb128: it doesn't work08:16
seb128that stopped working?08:16
sil2100seb128: queuebot doesn't support commands yet, and not sure it will08:16
psivaabrendand: yes, just pasted one reason above: screen unlock failed  during media player test08:17
seb128why did we deprecate the other bot then?08:17
sil2100seb128: it's a different 'thing', the CI train bot is still on -choo-choo theoretically08:17
seb128we could have let it running on the other channel at least08:17
sil2100Ah, it's not there08:17
seb128no, it's not08:17
rsalvetisil2100: want to trigger a new image, are you waiting on anything?08:17
sil2100seb128: ok, so it seems it died ;) Let me see what happened ;)08:17
brendandpsivaa, the mediaplayer results are there though?08:17
psivaabrendand: the other device flashing failed with:08:17
psivaaGet https://system-image.ubuntu.com/gpg/image-master.tar.xz.asc: http: can't write HTTP request on broken connection08:17
psivaabrendand: that's from the second run that i manually kicked just a little while ago08:18
sil2100rsalveti: hey! So, I would be fine with a new image I guess, could you wait around 30 minutes though? Since I want already published stuff to migrate completely before a new image08:18
psivaabrendand: i mean the media player results08:19
sil2100rsalveti: I also want a new image since a new Mir is ready for publishing08:19
rsalvetisil2100: which packages are you currently waiting to be published?08:19
sil2100So I want an image before clicking 'publish'08:19
sil2100rsalveti: wanted indicator-datetime in this image08:19
sil2100Should be quick08:20
brendandpsivaa, so we won't have complete results for the meeting?08:23
psivaabrendand: no, not on 10808:24
brendandpsivaa, well the ones that are in so far are looking great :)08:25
sil2100Be right there on the hangout08:30
davmor2Saviq: what silo did you want testing08:34
Saviqdavmor2, 408:34
davmor2Saviq: I can have a look after what's it for?08:35
popeyphablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ ubuntu-bug -p ubuntu-system-settings08:35
popeyusage: whoopsie-upload-all [-h] [-t TIMEOUT]08:35
Saviqdavmor2, changing to the new icon theme08:35
popeywish i understood why my phone is doing that08:35
davmor2Saviq: right will do08:35
Saviqdavmor2, so changes to unity8, UITK, settings08:35
ogra_popey, talk to bdmurray08:35
davmor2popey: just do apport-bug ubuntu-system-settings :)08:37
popeydavmor2: nope, same response08:38
davmor2popey: weird08:38
popeyyeah, makes filing bugs hard08:38
popeywhich is annoying, given how many i like to file08:38
ogra_rsalveti, ugh ... "Removing debhelper from depends" ... that will make the package not lintian clean anymore08:48
ogra_(should have gone to build deps though)08:48
rsalvetiogra_: a bunch of new packages were added because of that08:48
rsalvetiogra_: it was already in build-deps08:49
ogra_hmm, why did lintian complain then08:49
ogra_(i only added it because of a lintian failure)08:49
* ogra_ will check 08:49
Saviqdavmor2, FYI silo 4 +1 from me08:49
ogra_thanks for catching !08:49
ogra_why dont i get the lintian error now08:53
davmor2Saviq: in the landing meeting right now I'll install it after08:53
davmor2ogra_: when the developer mode lands will there be a way to activate it from phablet-tools?  Like phablet-developer-mode or something?09:15
ogra_davmor2, only from ubuntu-device-flash i think09:15
davmor2okay that will do you just add a --developer or something?09:16
ogra_the prob is that you will only be allowed to use it when any kind of screen locking is enabled09:16
ogra_davmor2, see the ML, sergiusens wrote about it09:16
davmor2oh did he09:17
davmor2ogra_: thanks09:17
sil2100There was an ANN about it ;)09:17
ogra_(i'll write a follow-up today how to use the userspace dev-mode tools to en/disable it until the UI is there)09:17
davmor2sil2100: E:TOOMANYEMAILS09:17
davmor2Saviq: installing on manta, flo and mako now09:21
davmor2Saviq: if I'm not blown away by this I'm setting sil2100 on you09:22
Saviqdavmor2, \o/09:24
imgbot=== trainguard: IMAGE 109 building (started: 20140702 09:30) ===09:29
davmor2Saviq: we are gonna get so sued by apple for the browser icon :D09:33
Saviqdavmor2, I can do the suing, I hate it :P (same for settings)09:33
Saviqtoo busy09:33
davmor2Saviq: I like mechanical watches so the settings icon stays damn you ;)09:34
ogra_damn, can you lan it already ... that made me curious09:36
Saviqdavmor2, flip the switch! flip the switch! flip the switch!09:36
davmor2Saviq: not till it's installed across the board :P09:37
ogra_which board is that exactly ?09:38
davmor2ogra_: the one in front of me that has mako flo and manta09:39
* sil2100 tries to wake up the bot09:39
sil2100And create some button icons...09:39
davmor2Saviq: should the icon in the launcher and setting app for power both be coloured or both be monochrome?09:44
Saviqdavmor2, panel you mean?09:45
davmor2Saviq: yes sorry09:45
Saviqdavmor2, the battery icon?09:45
Saviqdavmor2, both the same, coloured09:45
Saviqdavmor2, that's actually a bug in settings app (before this MP)09:46
Saviqdavmor2, the settings app can't dynamically change icons09:46
davmor2Saviq: yes, the panel flashed green and then goes mono, and then setting app is green09:46
Saviqdavmor2, yeah, expected09:46
davmor2Saviq: okay09:46
Saviqdavmor2, settings app needs to get support for changing icons live09:46
davmor2it just looks odd when you have the settings app open :)09:47
Saviqdavmor2, mine looks fine, 'cause it never charges to 100% any more ;)09:47
davmor2Saviq, ogra_: http://davmor2.co.uk/~davmor2/screenshots-phone/device-2014-07-02-104828.png when you plug it in it looks right :)09:49
Saviqdavmor2, yeah exactly09:49
davmor2Saviq: So I have it on all 3 devices now and everything is looking similar and the universe isn't imploding or anything so land it already :)09:51
Saviqdavmor2, \o\ |o| /o/09:52
davmor2Saviq: my only crumble would be battery icon and that is known09:52
davmor2Saviq: is there a bug for that do you know?09:52
Saviqdavmor2, I think there is09:52
* Saviq tries to look it up09:52
* ogra_ wonders why the png doesnt load for him09:52
davmor2ogra_: no-ip is having issues maybe09:53
davmor2ogra_: blame Mircosoft09:53
=== dbarth_ is now known as dbarth
=== vila changed the topic of #ubuntu-ci-eng to: Ubuntu CI Engineering Team | Vanguard: vila | CI Train Status: #106 promoted | CI Train Sheriff: trainguards | Known issues: The spreadsheet is extremely slow, http://people.canonical.com/~rbpark/citrain/ knows the statuses before the spreadsheet does. Long mako wait times on s-jenkins.
rsalvetiogra_: thanks for triggering a new image09:58
Saviqdavmor2, can't find the bug, filed a new one... bug #133671209:58
ubot5bug 1336712 in ubuntu-system-settings (Ubuntu) "Some icons should be dynamic" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/133671209:58
davmor2Saviq: great thanks09:59
Saviqdavmor2, can I change QA sign-off to Yes, then?10:00
davmor2Saviq: Indeed10:01
davmor2sil2100: Land it already ;)10:01
ogra_rsalveti, np10:01
ogra_rsalveti, btw ... lp:dbus-property-service ;)10:01
Saviqsil2100, "In silo landing-004. Packages built. Testing pass. QA signed off. You can publish."10:01
SaviqFUCK YEAH10:02
Saviqman this was a long on10:02
davmor2Saviq: yeah shame on you for dragging it out10:02
Saviqdavmor2, indeed ;(10:03
* davmor2 gives Saviq a cookie10:03
* Saviq gets fat(ter)10:03
* ogra_ learned that you put on 1kg per year with canonicaal 10:04
Chipacaogra_: low priority ping about my PPU application endorsement10:04
ogra_now i finally learn it is  davmor2's fault10:04
ogra_Chipaca, oops, sorry, will take care for that today10:05
* Chipaca goes for cookies10:05
ogra_thanks for the reminder10:05
Chipacaok, silo #12 is ready to publish, mah dear peeps10:07
rsalvetiogra_: sorry, wasn't in debian/control10:12
sil2100Saviq: \o/10:12
ogra_rsalveti, oops, right ... will fix10:12
rsalvetiogra_: though it was a pure src package :-)10:12
ogra_yeah, well, i phadnt really decided yet :)10:12
Saviqsil2100, don't "hmm"!10:12
sil2100Saviq: it's a risky period! Since Mir 0.4.0 is ready for release as well10:13
sil2100And we already kicked a new image to have a state 'before' Mir10:13
Saviqsil2100, I don't think it'd be dangerous to land those together10:14
sil2100ogra_: what do you say for the idea to get Mir released now, wait for it to migrate, kick yet ANOTHER image that only has the Mir in it and then publish the rest?10:14
Saviqbut your call10:14
ogra_sil2100, sure, go ahead10:15
sil2100Saviq: yeah, most probably it's not dangerous... but the last Mir landing caused us a lot of trouble, so I wanted to protect from that this time10:15
Saviqsil2100, yeah, land silo 4 first, then ;P10:15
sil2100Actually, I can't publish Mir now even ;/10:16
sil2100kgunn, camako: hi, it seems that the Mir silo is missing the xorg-server XMir rebuild...10:17
brendandsil2100, this calendar-app test failure was reproducible locally: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-calendar-app/+bug/133672110:21
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1336721 in Ubuntu Calendar App "test_current_day_is_selected failed on mako #108" [Undecided,New]10:21
brendandsil2100, so now it has two reproducible failures. i think one has a fix already, but we need to get a dev to look at this one10:22
brendandpopey, what's the current revision of calendar-app on the image?10:23
brendand328 i guess10:23
brendandpopey, trunk is 337? why the big gap?10:24
camakosil2100, kgunn had told me to put a note in the row when we requested the silo, which I did... Do I need to do smth else?10:24
sil2100camako: well, I never uploaded anything if someone just left a comment, as I need the source package to upload usually - normally if some dput magic is required from us, we get pinged directly about that with details10:25
mandelogra_, in image 108, can you update applications???10:25
sil2100camako: I can do that now - is that supposed to be a no-change-rebuild? Only build-deps bumped?10:26
mandelogra_, in my case, it seems that they are broken10:26
camakosil2100, yes... due to only client API bump10:26
ogra_mandel, dunno, running devel here, not proposed ... that is on 106 ... and updating works ... let me charge and upgrade my flo to 10810:27
sil2100camako: ok, so you'll have to also test this one additional package after I upload it as well10:27
mandelogra_, thx, would be appreciated.. specially because if they broke I'll ave to take a look10:27
camakosil2100, ack...10:27
mandelogra_, it might be that I screw up my system. I'll reflash10:28
ogra_mandel, will take a while, the battery is completely down ...10:28
mandelogra_, no problem, I can wait :)10:28
popeybrendand: thats not a big gap10:28
popeybrendand: it's on my list to do today anyway10:29
brendandpopey, great!10:29
popeymusic also.10:30
sil2100camako: ok, so I'll change the libmirclient-dev dependency to 0.4.0 and push to the silo10:32
camakosil2100... ok thanks10:35
thostr_is the ci sheet broken? or just my view...?10:39
imgbot=== trainguard: IMAGE 109 DONE (finished: 20140702 10:50) ===10:49
imgbot=== changelog: http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/touch-image-stats/109.changes ===10:49
popeyhi, can someone help me figure out how https://fosdem.org/2015/news/2014-07-01-call-for-participation/ merged?10:50
popeywrong link10:50
sil2100thostr_: what's wrong?10:50
popeyhow did https://code.launchpad.net/~mihirsoni/ubuntu-calendar-app/1335512/+merge/225155 get merged?10:50
popeysil2100: ^ any idea?10:50
sil2100thostr_: ok... I see google spouting errors indeed ;/10:50
sil2100popey: let me take a look10:50
sil2100popey: what do you mean 'how did it get merged'?10:51
popeywell nobody reviewed or commented on it10:51
ogra_bah, i was just done with the upgrade ...10:52
popeytrying to see how it got merged.10:52
sil2100hmm, maybe someone set it to Approved10:52
* ogra_ waits for it to finish and will then go to 10910:52
sil2100popey: since I see tarmac merged it in, so it has been auto-merged.. but strange indeed as it doesn't mention who switched it10:52
popeyyeah, thats my question ☻10:53
popeysil2100: so you know no voodoo to figure out who?10:54
sil2100popey: normally when something like this happens it means that someone just merged in the branch to trunk manually10:55
sil2100popey: hm... not sure if tarmac has an option of doing that, like, manual merge of a MP?10:55
ogra_why does payui have an entry in my installed apps list (and no icon)10:55
ogra_tedg, seems there is an entry for payui in my "installed apps", i assume that is not actually wanted ?10:56
popeyogra_: yeah, also, you cant run it10:59
ogra_mandel, so i am on 108 now ... my problem now is that i have all apps up to date, there is nothing to update :/10:59
mandelogra_, ok, I think is due to an update I did for udm in my phone (not released) so I'll debugging it11:00
brendandogra_, is there a bug for the sdk test failure?11:08
ogra_brendand, nope11:09
brendandogra_, feel like filing one?11:10
* sil2100 fixed up the buttons finally11:14
* sil2100 goes off into the world of citrain code11:18
sil2100camako: xorg-server has built, could you just test if all works on desktop with it?11:18
sil2100camako: and if yes, give me a ping and I press publish11:18
sil2100bzoltan: hi! Any news on the SDK autopilot failures?11:19
bzoltansil2100:  I am back from holidays... what AP failures should I look at?11:19
sil2100bzoltan: http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/108:20140702:20140625/8822/sdk/ <- since some time this test is failing, and it seems to be a one-liner required for it11:20
sil2100i.e. the qtsensors5-dev package name change11:20
sil2100bzoltan: someone mentioned you are the person responsible for this test suite or something ;)11:20
bzoltansil2100: let me check :)11:21
sil2100bzoltan: thanks ;)11:21
sil2100ogra_, psivaa: woohooo, did you guys see final test results of 108?!11:22
psivaasil2100: yea, lot improved :)11:23
sil2100psivaa: too bad we'll land Mir soon which usually is a bit regression prone :(11:23
sil2100camako: did you test everything throughoutly with the new Mir? All autopilot tests passing?11:23
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
* sil2100 goes for lunch now11:33
bzoltansil2100:  I have fixed that test. Anyhow, that test comes from an obsolete project. Would it be possible to change the source of that tests if I move that to a real project?11:33
popeyvila: any idea what's going on here? https://code.launchpad.net/~rpadovani/ubuntu-calculator-app/1332567/+merge/22522511:48
mhr3sil2100, silo for #38 pls? should be super quick landing, just adds api we'll need11:49
vilapopey: literraly: bzr: ERROR: unknown command "build" the bzr plugin that provides this command is not there ?11:51
popeyi have no idea what that means, or where that comes from11:51
vilapopey: same here11:51
vilafginther: ^ ?!?11:51
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
sil2100mhr3: sure ;) /me still lunching11:54
sil2100mhr3: I see unity-mir in a silo from kgunn though...11:56
mhr3sil2100, it's unity-api, nor -mir11:56
sil2100Ah, test silo11:56
mhr3not a test silo11:56
sil2100Aaaah, craaap11:56
sil2100mhr3: right, sorry, it seems my first typo caused terror11:57
mhr3terror from the deep :)11:57
mhr3anyway, /me lunch11:58
ogra_sil2100, yeah, i saw 108 ... mir will "fix" that way to good result, i'm sure :)12:03
=== vila changed the topic of #ubuntu-ci-eng to: Ubuntu CI Engineering Team | Vanguard: cihelp | CI Train Status: #106 promoted | CI Train Sheriff: trainguards | Known issues: The spreadsheet is extremely slow, http://people.canonical.com/~rbpark/citrain/ knows the statuses before the spreadsheet does. Long mako wait times on s-jenkins.
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|lunch
=== cprov changed the topic of #ubuntu-ci-eng to: Ubuntu CI Engineering Team | Vanguard: cprov | CI Train Status: #106 promoted | CI Train Sheriff: trainguards | Known issues: The spreadsheet is extremely slow, http://people.canonical.com/~rbpark/citrain/ knows the statuses before the spreadsheet does. Long mako wait times on s-jenkins.
kgunnsil2100: thanks for xmir rebuild, i'll test it12:16
=== renato_ is now known as Guest82807
mandelogra_, confirmed, it was my new udm, fixed it :)12:29
ogra_mandel, ah, cool, so i dont need to test anymore12:29
mandelogra_, nop, I was an IDIOT :)12:30
Chipacasil2100: is silo 12 going to land soon? otherwise I can land more stuff in there :)12:51
* Chipaca would rather that12:51
=== alan_g|lunch is now known as alan_g
=== Ursinha changed the topic of #ubuntu-ci-eng to: Ubuntu CI Engineering Team | Vanguard: Ursinha | CI Train Status: #106 promoted | CI Train Sheriff: trainguards | Known issues: The spreadsheet is extremely slow, http://people.canonical.com/~rbpark/citrain/ knows the statuses before the spreadsheet does. Long mako wait times on s-jenkins.
kgunncamako: sil2100 xmir looks good13:05
kgunnup and running my desktop on it as i type13:05
camakokgunn, awesome thanks for testing ...13:06
camako sil2100, silo landing-006 tested well on all accounts, autopilot, xorg-xserver, etc...  let's get this baby merged :-)13:06
sil2100ogra_: can I get a packaging ACK from you on the Mir 0.4.0?13:17
sil2100ogra_: the diffs are here: https://ci-train.ubuntu.com/job/landing-006-2-publish/34/artifact/packaging_changes_mir_0.4.0+14.10.20140701.1-0ubuntu1.diff https://ci-train.ubuntu.com/job/landing-006-2-publish/34/artifact/packaging_changes_platform-api_2.1.0+14.10.20140702-0ubuntu1.diff https://ci-train.ubuntu.com/job/landing-006-2-publish/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/packaging_changes_unity-mir_0.4+14.10.20140701.1-0ubuntu1.diff http13:17
sil2100ogra_: it's a standard bump of deps13:18
sil2100ogra_: there are new binary packages, but I think archive-admin intervention is not required as it's a standard so-name change13:19
popeyUrsinha: https://code.launchpad.net/~popey/ubuntu-calendar-app/fix-1336764/+merge/225306 can someone please clean up? "IOError: [Errno 28] No space left on device"13:45
Ursinhapopey: let me see13:45
sil2100cjwatson: hello, are you free right now? Could you maybe give a packaging ACK for the changes I pasted above for ogra_ ?13:46
cjwatsonsil2100: One moment13:47
cjwatsonsil2100: Looks fine apart from the way it apparently took three people to bump the build-deps, according to the changelog :)  core-dev / archive admin ack13:49
sil2100Thanks! Yeah... I think citrain might have been a bit confused or something13:51
=== plars changed the topic of #ubuntu-ci-eng to: Ubuntu CI Engineering Team | Vanguard: plars | CI Train Status: #106 promoted | CI Train Sheriff: trainguards | Known issues: The spreadsheet is extremely slow, http://people.canonical.com/~rbpark/citrain/ knows the statuses before the spreadsheet does. Long mako wait times on s-jenkins.
popeyUrsinha: any luck?14:13
Ursinhapopey: fginther is looking into it14:16
UrsinhaI don't have permissions (yet) to do so14:17
Guest82807fginther, is this error a jenkins problems? 13:25:21.565 ERROR content:49 - Could not add content object 'None' due to IO Error: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/log/syslog'14:19
Guest82807fginther, https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/autopilot-testrunner-otto-utopic/1041/testReport/junit/address_book_app.tests.test_edit_contact/TestEditContact/test_add_new_phone/14:19
=== Guest82807 is now known as renato__
renato__fginther, this is happening on address-book autopilot tests14:20
popeyUrsinha: ahh okay14:23
fgintherrenato__, I don't know, it's generated in the autopilot log (I assuming it's trying to read it perhaps because the test failed, don't know).I checked a few other tests non-address book tests and didn't see that error14:25
fgintherpopey, Ursinha, that test host has 6+GB of available space, not sure why it ran out during that test run14:26
plarsrsalveti: I'm still not sure whether https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/android/+bug/1319582 is the source of our emulator crashes, but fwiw, the emulator still crashes when we try to do much under it14:26
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1319582 in Mir "emulator: 'Failed to start RenderThread' after opening/closing applications" [High,Triaged]14:26
plarsfor example, running autopilot tests14:26
rsalvetiright, it's one of the reasons why it is crashing14:27
rsalvetiunfortunately I didn't get the time to investigate this yet14:27
popeyfginther: how odd, okay. thanks14:27
rsalvetihopefully next week14:27
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|tea
mhr3_sil2100, ehm, yea, so 018 failed cause the arm64 g++ crashed during build14:40
mhr3_sil2100, seen that somewhere already?14:41
mhr3_tvoss, or perhaps you ^?14:41
cjwatsonmhr3_: Is that with precompiled headers by any chance?14:41
mhr3_cjwatson, yep14:41
cjwatsonmhr3_: Known broken at the moment; you can generally just disable precompiled headers on arm64, it just makes the build a bit slower14:42
mhr3_cjwatson, it's still 4.8 though14:42
cjwatsonHopefully g++-4.9 will fix it, though haven't tested that theory14:42
mhr3_cjwatson, got the magic incantation?14:42
cjwatsonVaries by project; let me see if I can divine it14:42
cjwatsonmhr3_: Probably http://paste.ubuntu.com/7737142/, but testing14:46
mhr3_cjwatson, lgtm, applied, building14:52
=== mhr3_ is now known as mhr3
cjwatsonmhr3: didn't work.  I was going to test it for you first :)15:11
ogra_tedg, https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/utopic-touch-mako-smoke-daily/388/artifact/clientlogs/sdk/_usr_lib_arm-linux-gnueabihf_ubuntu-app-launch_desktop-hook.32011.crash/*view*/15:12
mhr3cjwatson, eh, should have tested it properly myself :/15:12
cjwatsonmhr3: Try -Duse_pch=FALSE instead of use_pch=FALSE; seems to work here15:15
mhr3yep, just committed that15:16
elopioping fginther, when can we get a new phablet-tools release with the fix of bug #1327325?15:44
ubot5bug 1327325 in phablet-tools (Ubuntu) "phablet-test-run will fail if the python3 import prints something to std" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/132732515:44
fgintherelopio, ugh, that hasn't landed yet, crap. I'll follow up on it.15:49
elopiofginther: thanks. I'm porting system-settings tests to py3 and I hit it again. I'm linking the branches with the workaround to the same bug to remember to revert them.15:50
fgintherelopio, ack15:50
sergiusensfginther: you should land it and see how much fun it is :-)15:51
fginthersergiusens, yes, that's exactly what I need to experience :-). are you still the lander responsible for phablet-tools or can I go direct to the landing team?15:53
sergiusensfginther: AFAIK anyone can land anything15:54
fginthersergiusens, ack15:54
sergiusensfginther: as long as you have write access15:54
sergiusensfginther: to the spreadsheet that is15:54
sergiusensfginther: btw, ubuntu-device-do is in the ppa as well15:55
sil2100cjwatson: what does update_output.txt's Trying easy from autohinter: for platform-api (...) FAILED mean? :)15:59
sil2100(if you grep for platform-api there)16:00
=== gatox is now known as gatox_lunch
kgunnsil2100: can you override a test silo reconfig & build for an unapproved MP ?....silo1516:26
sil2100kgunn: you can override the unapproved MP's by a flag in the build job :)16:26
sil2100kgunn: I think it's called Allow Unapproved16:26
kgunnsil2100: thanks16:27
sil2100kgunn: yw! :)16:28
cjwatsonsil2100: It means that glmark2-es2-mir and glmark2-mir are made uninstallable by trying to promote the set mir/0.4.0+14.10.20140701.1-0ubuntu1 unity-system-compositor/0.0.4+14.10.20140702-0ubuntu1 unity-mir/0.4+14.10.20140701.1-0ubuntu1 xorg-server/2:1.15.1-0ubuntu7 platform-api/2.1.0+14.10.20140702-0ubuntu116:29
cjwatson glmark2-es2-mir : Depends: libmirclient7 (>= 0.1.9+14.10.20140430.1) but it is not going to be installed16:29
cjwatsonsil2100: i.e. glmark2 needs to be rebuilt as part of that landing16:29
sil2100cjwatson: thanks! slangasek already cleared the story for us, I'll fix it in a moment :)16:30
sil2100(just was in a meeting)16:30
bfillerrobru: can I have a silo for line 40 when you get a chance?16:41
=== alan_g|tea is now known as alan_g
sil2100cjwatson: pushing the fix for the mir transition now (had to double test if it fixes everything)16:50
* sil2100 still is very weary about pushing packages to the archive16:54
bfillersil2100: can I have a silo for line 40 when you get a chance?16:55
sil2100bfiller: hi! Let me take a look :) robru_ normally should be the sherif now, but I guess he's maybe having breakfast16:55
bfillerack, np16:56
sil2100bfiller: ok, so I'll assign a silo, but please rebuild gallery-app after the suru theme change (silo 004) lands, as it will land in the nearest hour16:56
bfillersil2100: ack16:57
robru_yeah sorry16:59
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|EOD
=== robru_ changed the topic of #ubuntu-ci-eng to: Ubuntu CI Engineering Team | Vanguard: plars | CI Train Status: #106 promoted | CI Train Sheriff: robru | Known issues: The spreadsheet is extremely slow, http://people.canonical.com/~rbpark/citrain/ knows the statuses before the spreadsheet does. Long mako wait times on s-jenkins.
sil2100robru_, ogra_: ok, so I hope that once the new glmark2 rebuilds in the archive, mir should migrate properly16:59
robru_sil2100, great16:59
=== gatox_lunch is now known as gatox
pmcgowansil2100, hi, update on qofono?17:16
sil2100pmcgowan: hi! I saw it in the NEW queue last time, I thought Laney was doing the NEWing for that one17:17
sil2100Laney: hello, did you have a moment to look at the libqofono in the NEW queue? :)17:17
=== boiko_ is now known as boiko
kgunnsil2100: could you check on silo6 ? looks like its stalled out or something....does package migration take that long?!17:39
sil2100kgunn: yeah, we were working on that, there seemed to be a package requiring a rebuild - I pushed it to the archive, not sure if it built already17:39
sil2100I think it should be ok in the next publisher run?17:40
pmcgowansil2100, do I need to ask steve for help gettng that lib landed? I have some stuff blocked on it17:59
sil2100pmcgowan: we need some archive admin doing the NEWing of it, so it all depends on them now17:59
sil2100slangasek: who could we ping to get the libqofono from NEW right now? Since I guess cjwatson might be already pass his EOD18:00
slangaseksil2100: any archive admin, which includes me18:00
slangasek(looking now, for the record)18:02
slangaseksil2100: why does qtdeclarative5-ofono0.2 have ${misc:Pre-Depends}, and libqofono-qt5-0 not?18:04
slangasek(fwiw this is an obsolete requirement for multiarch libs anyway)18:04
sil2100I might have missed that, since all built fine on a clean env - I can fix that for the next version18:05
slangasekyes, it'll build fine to be sure18:06
slangasekand it'll even run fine18:06
slangaseksil2100: are there .a libraries that should be getting installed in libqofono-dev?18:07
slangaseksil2100: what is debian/patches/service_numbers.patch?  It apparently changes the exported API18:07
sil2100slangasek: so, no .a libraries are exported/installed - as for the service_numbers patch, it's from Ken so I don't really know what it was meant to do18:08
slangasekok; maybe you can prod Ken into labelling the patch properly :)18:08
sil2100But since it was included, I supposed that it's required - Laney just asked to push it upstream, but I prefered to wait for Ken to put some rationale18:08
slangasekmeanwhile, accepted18:09
sil2100Since I don't know the codebase ;p18:09
slangasekright, there's a standard for documenting patches when you put them in debian/patches in the first place18:09
sil2100hah, indeed! If anything, my multiarch-support patch has been accepted upstream and merged already ;)18:10
popeyanyone got #109 on flo handy?18:12
popeyit seems to be ignoring my request to lower the volume18:12
popeyi have it set to zero and music still sounds loud as ever18:13
boikosil2100: question: this build of messaging-app: https://launchpad.net/~ci-train-ppa-service/+archive/landing-003/+build/6149248 is saying it is waiting on a dependency, will it build automatically afterwards?18:13
pmcgowansil2100, slangasek thanks18:14
boikosil2100: nevermind, tiago and I found the problem18:20
sil2100ogra_, robru_, kgunn: mir seems to be finishing migrating now - it disappeared in rmadison but LP already sees it in release18:21
sil2100boiko: ah, sorry... I'm full with work right now, very past my EOD already :)18:22
sil2100pmcgowan: yw18:22
boikosil2100: no problems, it was an error on our side anyways18:22
kgunnsil2100: i didn't hit merge clean until choo-choo pung me18:22
kgunnwas choo-choo over eager ?18:23
sil2100kgunn: ah, you pressed m&c already?18:23
sil2100kgunn: not a big deal, as I'm almost 100% sure it will move out of promosed now, so it should be safe anyway I guess..? But I would wait anyway18:23
sil2100It seems the bot uses LP for this status ;)18:24
sil2100So it's a bit 'over eager', yes18:24
sil2100robru_: I deployed a new citrain - if you see any problems, please just revert the last revision ;p18:24
mzanettikgunn: is this ours? ^18:37
kgunnmzanetti: greyback_ ^ yep...just prepping for qtcomp18:37
greyback_kgunn: thanks18:37
kgunnmzanetti: hopefully work thru all the stupid stuff so the real work can proceed :)18:38
mzanettikgunn: I'm sure you'll manage :)18:38
sil2100kgunn, robru_, ogra_: migrated!18:45
sil2100stgraber, ogra_: could you please kick a new image? :)18:45
sil2100I guess ogra_ is AFK already18:45
sil2100robru_: once a new image is building, please wait like 15-30 minutes for the build to properly start and begin the publishing madness18:47
sil2100ogra_: ^18:47
robru_sil2100, yes it sounds good, thanks for the heads up18:47
sil2100Ok, I go for some dinner now18:48
=== fginther changed the topic of #ubuntu-ci-eng to: Ubuntu CI Engineering Team | Vanguard: fginther | CI Train Status: #106 promoted | CI Train Sheriff: robru | Known issues: The spreadsheet is extremely slow, http://people.canonical.com/~rbpark/citrain/ knows the statuses before the spreadsheet does. Long mako wait times on s-jenkins.
balloonsfginther, quick question. Can we migrate all core apps to using python3 (autopilot3) for the generic-mediumtests-utopic runner?19:20
fgintherballoons, I don't see why not19:21
balloonsfginther, :-) Awesome. Let me know if you need anything from me to make it happen. I'm asking because shorts_app is acting funny; but overall it's not critical to switch them19:23
davmor2ogra_: Yay finally my dns has updated I get email again now \o/19:44
* davmor2 shakes his fist at Microsoft for doing it the wrong way!19:44
robru_ogra_, stgraber: did anybody start an image build? slangasek maybe?19:48
stgraberrobru_: sorry, no, was busy with other things, I can go click build on the tracker now20:01
slangasekrobru_: I didn't start an image build; do you need me to kick one off?20:01
slangasekoh, so stgraber has it20:01
slangasekstgraber: click where?20:01
stgraberslangasek: iso.qa.ubuntu.com, in theory some ubuntu touch team has the ACL to select the products and click rebuild20:02
stgraberso I'm a bit surprised I'm being asked to do it for them...20:02
stgraberanyway, done20:02
stgraberthough it's right that robru_ and sil2000 aren't in that team as I believe we made coredev a requirement for ~ubuntu-touch-release20:03
slangasekstgraber: ah, alright.  I would've just sshed into nusakan, personally ;)20:05
imgbot=== trainguard: IMAGE 110 building (started: 20140702 20:10) ===20:09
pmcgowanslangasek, how long until qofono hits the archive? and does it go to proposed first?20:13
slangasekpmcgowan: it does go through -proposed first; there shouldn't be any blockers for it to reach the main archive however, as a new package - so now that it's passed binary new, it should be less than a half hour20:14
pmcgowanslangasek, great thanks20:15
bfillerrobru, Saviq : what's the status of silo 4? is that merging and landing today?21:07
Saviqbfiller, afaik it was waiting for an image to build with new mir21:07
bfillerSaviq: did branches merge do you know?21:08
Saviqbfiller, no they didn't :|21:08
Saviqbfiller, it's been ACKed for publishing 12h now or more21:08
bfillerSaviq: I saw that21:08
bfillerSaviq: we might be you then :)21:08
Saviqbfiller, sil2100 didn't want to land it in one image with Mir21:09
bfillerSaviq: should we hold off on our silos that touch the same packages then?21:09
Saviqbfiller, you'll have to talk with the landing team, I did all I could, it's in their handsnow21:10
bfillerSaviq: ack21:10
robru_bfiller, ah sorry, was having lunch21:11
robru_bfiller, yeah as soon as I see the confirmation that image 110 is built I am going to open the floodgates and publish a bunch of stuff.21:12
robru_it's been building for an hour so it should be done soon21:12
bfillerrobru_: ok cool, I'll keep my eyes open for that21:13
robru_bfiller, i can assign something now if you want but maybe don't build it right away ;-)21:13
bfillerrobru_: we already have some silos (2, 3, and 14) that will need to be rebuilt once silo 4 is fully released as we are touching the smae packages21:15
robru_ah ok21:15
imgbot=== trainguard: IMAGE 110 DONE (finished: 20140702 21:35) ===21:34
imgbot=== changelog: http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/touch-image-stats/110.changes ===21:34
kgunnrobru_: hey, silo 6 i think has a project that's not in archive yet....how can we add/build with this ? lp:qtmir21:45
=== fginther changed the topic of #ubuntu-ci-eng to: Ubuntu CI Engineering Team | Vanguard: cihelp | CI Train Status: #106 promoted | CI Train Sheriff: robru | Known issues: The spreadsheet is extremely slow, http://people.canonical.com/~rbpark/citrain/ knows the statuses before the spreadsheet does. Long mako wait times on s-jenkins.
popeyogra_: we discussed this the other day, so filed a bug about it 133696821:50
popeybug 133696821:50
ubot5bug 1336968 in ubuntu-system-settings (Ubuntu) "U-S-S updates apps redundantly which are included in system update " [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/133696821:50
Chipacahi guys. any chance silo 12 will get published soon?21:58
slangasekChipaca: I believe robru_ is just about to publish22:00
Chipaca\o/ :)22:00
robru_kgunn, Chipaca hey sorry i was in a meeting22:01
robru_Chipaca, yep i'm gonna publish everything now22:01
Chipaca"sorry, gotta go, Chipaca needs me! *flies away*"22:01
Chipacarobru_: thanks :)22:01
robru_kgunn, so if it's new, we need a core dev to ack the packaging, but before that probably I should pre-ack it for common problems before we waste a core-dev's time on it22:02
robru_slangasek, hey, can you give me a core dev ack on silo 4? https://ci-train.ubuntu.com/job/landing-004-2-publish/ 4 small diffs, seems they grew some new deps, need a basic sanity check22:03
robru_kgunn, i'll make a branch with some minor fixes for qtmir22:22
kgunnta robru_22:29
slangasekrobru_: so it's just the "last successful artifacts" list of diffs that need reviewed?22:31
robru_slangasek, yeah22:31
slangasekok, looking22:33
robru_Chipaca, ubuntu-push is done like dinner22:42
robru_kgunn, ok so I put together this, https://code.launchpad.net/~robru/qtmir/packaging/+merge/225410 it's pretty minor22:53
kgunnrobru_ thanks, so do i replace my MP in there ? or just add this one in ?22:53
robru_kgunn, should just add it in. i based mine off trunk, hopefully it doesn't conflict.22:54
robru_kgunn, oh, no change rebuild ;-) yeah you can replace that one with mine ;-)22:54
kgunnrobru_ oh yeah, duh...actually mine is a rebuild only i think...so i can replace22:54
robru_kgunn, I tried building it and got some test failures, but i don't think they're related to my packaging work22:55
kgunnrobru_ probably not...we're worknig through our issues...22:56
robru_kgunn, no worries22:56
kgunnthe guys will pick this up euro morning i bet22:56
kgunngreyback_: mzanetti ^22:56
greyback_robru: thanks!22:57
greyback_I'll merge that now, it looks fine22:57
robru_greyback_, you're welcome23:03
robru_slangasek, did you get a chance to look at those diffs?23:04
robru_slangasek, shouldn't be that big of a deal, I just wasn't sure about those extra deps23:04
slangasekrobru_: sorry, distractions; getting back into it now23:05
slangasekrobru_: right, LGTM23:08
robru_slangasek, sweet, thanks!23:08

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!