=== maclin_ is now known as maclin
=== mvo_ is now known as mvo
* slangasek waves15:00
* infinity grunts.15:00
meetingologyMeeting started Thu Sep 25 15:01:12 2014 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.15:01
meetingologyAvailable commands: action commands idea info link nick15:01
slangasek[TOPIC] lightning round15:01
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: lightning round
slangasek$ echo $(shuf -e barry doko stgraber jodh bdmurray slangasek cjwatson caribou infinity mvo bhuey sil2100 robru)15:01
slangasekrobru infinity mvo cjwatson stgraber doko bdmurray bhuey barry sil2100 slangasek jodh caribou15:01
slangasekrobru: you're first!15:01
slangasekrobru: too slow!15:02
robruah sorry, not ready anyway15:02
infinity- Helped with some evil partner package reviews15:03
infinity- Meetings (several!) with people about $customer doing silly things with firmware15:03
infinity- Working on updating PPC packages15:03
infinity- Working on Utopic Beta 2 release15:03
infinityPOssibly also stuff, and/or things.15:03
slangasekinfinity: '(done)' ?15:04
* mvo was wondering the same15:04
infinityslangasek: Oh, sure.15:05
mvo- Debug regression (Bug#762160)15:05
mvo- Release  cve-2014-6273 (http.cc buffer overflow)15:05
mvo- Work on droping privs for the apt download methods15:05
mvo- Work on feature/acq-trans for more robustness in acquire15:05
infinityslangasek: That was the [...]15:05
mvo- Debug pycurl/gnutls issue with search.apps.ubuntu.com and send RT15:05
ubottu** RESERVED ** This candidate has been reserved by an organization or individual that will use it when announcing a new security problem.  When the candidate has been publicized, the details for this candidate will be provided. (http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2014-6273)15:05
mvo  ticket, blocks using pycurl for searches15:05
mvo- lp:~mvo/click/click-check-libs (find non sdk libs and warn about them)15:05
mvo- lp:~mvo/click/lp1245826-multiple-hookfiles (support multiple files15:05
mvo  for a given hook)15:05
mvo- lp:~mvo/click/acquire (more work on acquire support)15:05
mvo- lp:~mvo/click/repository (ported to licurl, stuck with gnutls issue)15:05
mvo- lp:~mvo/click/sso (ported to libcurl, stuck with gnutls issue)15:05
slangasekinfinity: heh :)15:05
mvo- upload click-bin-path hook (to add stuff to PATH) to utopic15:05
mvo- Review/merge Colins ubuntu-rtm fix (thanks!)15:05
mvo- Review/merge Colins patch, upload new version15:05
mvo- Discussion about leaner download backend15:05
mvo- lp:~mvo/ubuntu-system-image/pycurl15:05
cjwatsonGRUB update in unstable, adding x32 and ppc64el support (ppc64el support replaced our previous cross-compiler hack).15:05
cjwatsonman-db release to add high-precision timestamp support, speed up mandb / man -K, and stop using debconf in the trigger.  Trawled through Ubuntu bugs about the last part, clearing out >140, and prepared SRUs (bug 1372673).15:05
ubottubug 1372673 in man-db (Ubuntu Trusty) "excessive debconf use when triggered" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/137267315:05
cjwatsonFixed livecd-rootfs to tolerate dpkg-dev no longer being on the image.15:05
cjwatsonnetcfg SRU for bug 1350302.15:05
ubottubug 1350302 in MAAS "Deploying node with di on armhf/keystone can't find BOOTIF" [Critical,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/135030215:05
cjwatsonFixed add-apt-repository on ubuntu-rtm.15:05
cjwatsonFixed UbuntuKylin image builds to contain the proper Ubiquity slideshow (bug 1372731).15:06
ubottubug 1372731 in Ubuntu Kylin "the slideshow for ubuntu kylin utopic beta-2 rc is ubuntu's slideshow" [Critical,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/137273115:06
cjwatsonVarious ad-hoc copies to reduce the number of uninstallables reported by proposed-migration for ubuntu-rtm/14.09.15:06
cjwatsonTracked down a click autopkgtest regression (fortunately never hit -proposed).15:06
cjwatsonDevirtualised/otherwise-configured 10 new silos in each of ubuntu and ubuntu-rtm for the CI Train folks.15:06
cjwatsonProposed branch for bug 1364327.  Took ages because I first had to get my local autopkgtest/qemu environment sorted out, which involved upgrading to utopic ...15:06
ubottubug 1364327 in click (Ubuntu) "Title: Custom prefix/postfix to the generated click chroots" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/136432715:06
cjwatsonWorking on an OpenSSL backport stack for ppc64el.  In patch hell; send ice cream.15:06
stgraber - A lot more internal work and meetings..15:06
stgraber - Figured out all the details for upcoming trips (vacation, LinuxCon,15:06
stgraber   Plumbers, Client sprint, Server sprint).15:06
stgraber - Released LXC 1.0.6 with 85 bugfixes by 24 individual contributors.15:06
stgraber - Went through the LXC patch backlog, reviewed and committed everything.15:06
stgraber - Worked on fixing the LXC init script situation in preparation for 1.1~alpha215:06
stgraber   (to be released tomorrow ideally).15:06
stgraber - Implemented a fix for uid/gid consistency on system images (touch only at15:06
stgraber   the moment).15:06
* sil2100 is here if anything15:06
sil2100Did I miss my turn?15:06
cjwatsonsil2100: nope, you're after barry15:07
infinitycjwatson: Oh, nice, so we're going to drop the cross-hack in Ubuntu too, I assume?15:07
bdmurrayupdated daisy (r529) handle AssertionError raised by apport on invalid keys in a report fixes OOPS-ce96293a10a1987c516e4ed968fa715e15:07
bdmurraysubmitted RT to get retracer log files from staging retracers15:07
bdmurraysubmitted RT 75272 regarding nodetool access15:07
bdmurrayhad daisy retracers really updated to r52815:07
bdmurraypushed merge proposal with daisy-retracer charm change to create version_info.py15:07
bdmurraypushed daisy r531 which logs the version of daisy to the retracer log files15:07
cjwatsoninfinity: already have.  but it doesn't quite work apparently, needs -mno-vsx -mno-altivec or asm hacks, pfsmorigo is on it15:07
bdmurrayupdated and tested daisy charm change to generate version_info.py15:07
bdmurrayworked with thedac to remove coredumps from swift as there are more items in swift than the retracing queue15:07
bdmurrayresearch into if duplicate OOPSes are an issue in the Error Tracker and how to fix it15:07
bdmurraycreated a graph of .new missing versus foreign origin packages15:07
bdmurraysubmitted apport bug 1372612 regarding Ubuntu RTM and origin issue15:07
bdmurrayreported and testing of apport bug 1373154 regarding ExecutableTimestamp and MarkForUpload being True15:07
ubottubug 1362496 in base-files (Ubuntu-rtm 14.09) "duplicate for #1372612 LSB release and /etc/os-release still say "Utopic", needs to be RTM" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/136249615:07
ubottubug 1373154 in apport (Ubuntu) "reporting of crashes for programs that don't match the file on disk is happening" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/137315415:07
bdmurraySRU verification of bug LP: #130944715:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1309447 in ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu Trusty) "Unicode decode error during upgrade to 14.04 if sources.list contains non-ascii characters and locale is non-US" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/130944715:07
bdmurray✔ done15:07
cjwatsoninfinity: (so, cough, it's possible the final beta may not be bootable on ppc64el ...)15:07
infinitycjwatson: Oh.  Fun.15:08
infinitycjwatson: Good thing I hadn't tested yet.15:08
slangasekbhuey: hi, your turn15:10
bhuey-read both ubuntu-policy.pdf and packaging tutorial documents15:10
bhuey-got X11 working in all containers for TCK testing15:10
bhuey-successfully ran TCK inside containers for precise/trusty/utopic15:10
bhuey-general clean up of container configurations TCK instances15:10
bhuey-begin general creation of container creation scripts so that the entire test environment csn be replicated15:10
bhuey-began looking at bugs that needs to be fixed by Oct 20th15:10
barrydebuntu: LP: #1371291, debian bug #762142, syncpackage python-concurrent.futures (to fix ftbfs), LP: #1367907, LP: #1290847 (both for python34 sru, awaiting doko's feedback).  reviewed py3 swiftclient packaging and uploaded websocket-client 0.18.0 for internal users.15:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1371291 in python-eventlet (Ubuntu) "FTBFS caused by PEP 466" [Undecided,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/137129115:10
ubottuDebian bug 762142 in python-concurrent.futures "python-concurrent.futures: FTBFS on i386" [Important,Fixed] http://bugs.debian.org/76214215:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1367907 in python3.4 (Ubuntu) "Segfault in gc with cyclic trash" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/136790715:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1290847 in python3.4 (Ubuntu) "pyvenv fails due to mising ensurepip module" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/129084715:10
barryphone: system-image 2.4-0ubuntu1 slogging through ci-train for utopic and rtm.  internal discussions.  testing/review/excitement over mvo's pycurl branch.  LP: #1369717.  LP: #1370586.15:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1369717 in Ubuntu system image "Remove system-image-cli --dbus" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/136971715:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1370586 in Ubuntu system image "Add synchronous method to determine if there are known updates" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/137058615:10
barryother: git'n it15:10
barry-- done --15:11
slangasekso now that bhuey has read policy, the rest of our meeting today can be to quiz him on it ;)15:11
sil2100- Filling in the standing FFe for utopic Ubuntu Touch packages (LP: #1371635)15:11
sil2100- Refactoring some of the commit-log syncing scripts15:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1371635 in Ubuntu "[FFe] standing freeze exception in utopic for Ubuntu Touch-specific packages" [Undecided,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/137163515:11
sil2100- Landing team work, preparing landing e-mails15:11
bhueyslangasek: shit15:11
sil2100- CI Train maintenance and feature:15:11
sil2100  * Testing binary copy sync functionality15:11
sil2100  * Improve error verbosity in some cases for sync rebuilds15:11
sil2100  * Cleaning up left-over jenkins jobs15:11
sil2100  * Refactoring parts of the build job to enable better testing15:11
sil2100  * Add basic unit tests for the sync functionality15:11
sil2100  * Make the ~rtm addition to the version number optional15:11
sil2100  * Fixing a new small bug that caused the spreadsheet to malfunction15:11
sil2100- Reviewing and testing bugfixing merge for appmenu-qt515:11
sil2100- Fixing/unbricking testing device15:11
sil2100- Writing announcement e-mails15:11
sil2100- Making sure the documentation of RTM landings is up-to-date15:12
sil2100- Debugging issues with commit-log generation scripts15:12
sil2100- Discussions regarding getting rid of the spreadsheet (finally!)15:12
robruok, i'm ready now, can i go?15:12
slangasekrobru: sure15:12
robru- Adapted 'citrain' (silo installation script) to work on RTM15:12
robru- Updated citrain spreadsheet, jenkins backend, and dashboard to recognize the 10 new silos15:12
robru- Began test-drive reimplementation of cupstream2distro/silomanager.py, with the intention to fix the utter disgusting lack of encapsulation, such that other bits of citrain no longer need to have knowledge of the custom json format used to maintain each silo's state (this will make it easier/possible to back citrain onto the airline ticket system when the15:12
robrutime comes)15:12
robru- Fixed the deploy job to correctly assign pre-prod silos, making it possible to test things outside of production15:12
robru- Stopped the prepare job from being able to delete packages from the PPA, which it was often doing erroneously and deleting packages that had been through hours of scarce QA approval15:12
robru- Implemented a generic signal / unhandled exception handler, which is capable of a) logging and b) saving the signal/exception message to the silo status, such that the dashboard can now report when a job exits uncleanly, so we no longer have the situation where the dashboard reports 'Building...' even if something has actually gone horribly wrong15:12
robru- Cleaned up the use of subprocess module, so that the testsuite no longer spews random crap on STDOUT, making it a lot easier to see a clean, successful test run15:12
robru- Added veebers' new js module to lp:ubuntu-assets and got it approved by oatman15:12
slangaseksil2100: FFe> did everything work out wrt touch packages in the auto-accept list?15:12
infinitybhuey: A binary package leaves my dput travelling three versions per epoch, when is it appropriate to use Conflicts versus Breaks, and does the answer change when drunk?15:13
sil2100slangasek: I think it did, since we didn't see any further problems15:13
barryinfinity: binNMU15:13
cjwatsoninfinity: consider a spherical manual page15:14
infinitycjwatson: I actually ell oh elled.15:14
infinitycjwatson: And, for some reason, I read that in Bill Bailey's voice.15:14
slangasek * business meeting up in Seattle yesterday, the jet lag is horrible15:16
slangasek * review of a number of impending partner packages15:16
slangasek * working to move a number click apps out of the rootfs into a default "custom" tarball (bug #1367332)15:16
ubottuError: Launchpad bug 1367332 could not be found15:16
slangasek * progress on a console-setup merge with Colin's help; the package may be uploadable this year15:16
slangasek * created new silos at LT's request15:16
slangasek * LT/CI meetings to discuss next steps on CI Airline (e.g., ditching the spreadsheet)15:16
bhueyinfinity: yes, only when also taking opiates with alcohol15:16
jodh* upstart:15:16
jodh  - investigating bug 1371651.15:16
ubottubug 1371651 in lightdm (Ubuntu) "Daily does not boot into graphical interface after installation" [Critical,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/137165115:16
jodh  - A respectful prod to all upstart devs to take a look at the15:16
jodh  following if they get a chance :-):15:16
jodh  https://code.launchpad.net/~jamesodhunt/upstart/bug-1360208/+merge/23486915:16
jodh* system-image15:16
jodh  - Good progress - root is now r/o with a writeable overlay.15:16
slangasekif a ~ falls in the middle of your version, does it make a sound15:16
jodh  - More tweaks to lp:~ubuntu-foundations-team/+junk/create-ubuntu-core-image.15:16
jodh  - Split lp:~ubuntu-foundations-team/+junk/system-image-rootfs into 2:15:17
jodh    - lp:~ubuntu-foundations-team/+junk/ubuntu-core-config [1]15:17
jodh    - lp:~ubuntu-foundations-team/+junk/initramfs-tools-ubuntu-core [2]15:17
jodh  - Currently testing recent changes to [2].15:17
jodh* misc:15:17
jodh  - procenv is now running for lucid as well as all newer supported releases:15:17
jodh    https://code.launchpad.net/~jamesodhunt/+recipe/procenv-daily-ubuntu-lucid15:17
slangasekjodh: bug #1371651> do we know what /changed/ to cause this problem?15:18
ubottubug 1371651 in lightdm (Ubuntu) "Daily does not boot into graphical interface after installation" [Critical,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/137165115:18
slangasek(it was the kernel, wasn't it!)15:18
jodhslangasek: no - I've asked jibel to check packages differences, but I don't think it's upstart.15:19
slangasekI agree15:19
infinityslangasek: No one seems entirely sure who to blame just yet, though the kernel seems a likely candidate.15:19
slangasekplymouth has been uploaded recently (twice in the past 8 days), but those changes should also not have had an effect15:19
infinity(Or, the whole process is just amazingly fragile, and the fault lies in all the players together, plus it was Wednesday)15:20
jodhwell as I noted on the bug, we do see plymouth crashing in the logs but that might be due to fb issues which are also causing the failure of upstart to emit the plymouth-ready event.15:20
slangasekright, in which case --> kernel15:20
jodhslangasek: right, jibel is trying to track down apw I believe.15:20
slangasekhas anyone asked apw about it?15:20
slangasekok :)15:21
infinityThe part where "it works with systemd" (while also obviously not being directly an upstart bug) kinda points to the fragility argument.15:21
jibelslangasek, apw is working on it15:21
jodhinfinity: but has anyone tried uselessd yet? :)15:22
slangasekinfinity: on systemd we don't have any flicker-free boot integration15:22
apwthe state the machine ends up in when this is reproduced seems to indicate everything is in order, and running service lightdm start sorts it out (i believe)15:23
apwwhich leans towards a userspace race in my eyes, but i am waiting on some installs15:23
slangasekapw: if the plymouth-ready signal isn't being emitted because of a kernel-induced plymouth crash, that's not really a matter of a race15:24
slangasekanyway, seems like this is in hand so we can discuss it on better channels post-meeting15:24
slangasek[TOPIC] AOB15:24
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: AOB
slangasekanything else today?15:24
slangasekI've been failing to tag people to do the weekly talk-about-what-you're-working-on thing15:24
slangasekdoes somebody want to volunteer to do one next week?15:24
jodhapw: fwics, if you remove "quiet splash", the problem is not recreatable but would value other trying it (I've asked a few times on the bug :-)15:25
bdmurraycjwatson: regarding bug 1372673, it looks like you found most of the duplicates. Did you check other packages though?15:25
ubottubug 1372673 in man-db (Ubuntu Trusty) "excessive debconf use when triggered" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/137267315:25
cjwatsonbdmurray: nope, I don't have a mechanical search for it and some of the problems are subtly different15:26
cjwatsonso I had only finite time15:26
cjwatsonbdmurray: I'm certain I found all the duplicates on man-db - the others that look similar are actually cropping up in postinst configure instead which is different15:26
slangasekno volunteers? :)15:27
cjwatsonyou have to hunt for debconf failures immediately following "Processing triggers for man-db" or translations thereof15:27
slangasekyou don't have to prepare anything... (in fact it's better if you don't!...) you just have to talk about what you're working on15:27
robruslangasek: i volunteer for the week of the washington sprint so this meeting won't be so painfully early for me ;-)15:28
bdmurraycjwatson: okay, I may have a look around and then check with you15:28
cjwatsonok sure15:28
slangasekrobru: invest in coffee15:28
robruslangasek: just say NO to drugs ;-)15:28
cjwatsonour coffee machine wasn't working this morning /o\15:28
slangasekrobru: you can balance it out with bhuey's opiate-laced alcohol15:29
* ogra_ listens up 15:29
bdmurrayI've moved away from machines to an aeropress now.15:29
cjwatsonslangasek: guess I can if everyone else is running away; it's been a while for me15:29
cjwatson(next week)15:29
slangasekcjwatson: thanks :)15:29
slangasek#action cjwatson to do a what-I'm-working-on presentation next week15:30
meetingologyACTION: cjwatson to do a what-I'm-working-on presentation next week15:30
slangasekbdmurray: this is only impressive if you also have a button to deliver the prepared cup of coffee to your desk via pneumatic tube15:30
cjwatsonslangasek: have you seen Wallace and Gromit or is that too much of a British thing?15:31
slangasekcjwatson: yes, quite familiar with it :)15:31
slangasek(the last movie even had a theatrical release in the US!)15:31
slangaseker, I think15:31
slangasekoh right, Chicken Run was technically not W&G, just Aardman15:32
bdmurrayI agree with your thought15:32
slangasekanyway, speaking of which15:32
* slangasek slinks away from the desk to get more coffee15:32
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Thu Sep 25 15:32:56 2014 UTC.15:32
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2014/ubuntu-meeting.2014-09-25-15.01.moin.txt15:32
slangasekthanks, all :)15:32
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== jasonjang__ is now known as jasonjang
=== JoseeAntonioR is now known as jose

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!