larsugood morning!05:03
didrocksgood morning06:03
seb128hey didrocks & desktopers06:06
didrocksre seb12806:06
didrocksgood morning willcooke06:57
larsuhi willcooke!06:58
seb128willcooke, hey07:15
darkxsthey seb128 didrocks07:42
darkxstuser-setup package is forked in ubuntu?07:42
didrocksdarkxst: hey, what do you mean by forked? version is 1.48ubuntu3, so yeah, not in sync with debian07:46
didrocks(only used in xubuntu apparently)07:46
darkxstdidrocks, it is setting gdm Auto login07:47
darkxstand TimedLogin which we don't want07:47
darkxstbut that code seems non-existant in debian07:47
darkxstbug 141279107:47
ubot5bug 1412791 in gnome-control-center (Ubuntu) "automatic login configured in ubiquity cannot be disabled by gnome-control-center" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/141279107:47
didrocks    - Add preseedable passwd/auto-login question; if set to true, configure07:48
didrocks      gdm, kdm, lxdm, and lightdm for automatic login.  Add07:48
didrocks      passwd/auto-login-backup question which backs up the previous contents07:48
didrocks      of the files as well.07:48
didrocksdarkxst: ^07:48
darkxstdidrocks lp:~darkxst/user-setup/noTimedLogin07:48
didrocksdarkxst: sounds better for the foundation team to have a look, they did all changes to it and own ubiquity07:50
didrocksso I guess they would have a better knowledge of the impacts07:50
didrocksalso, referencing the bug in the changelog + MP would help them07:50
didrocks(even if it seems you are the only one impacted as the change is in a gdm section, better to double check with them for unseen impacts)07:52
darkxstdidrocks, this is why I am condfused, that code does not exist in the debian package there is nothing setting AutoLogin there07:54
didrocksdarkxst: it's been a long time I didn't use DI, but I'm not even sure they have an option for setting autologin during install07:55
darkxstand debian changelog doesnt have any notable changes apart from a few fixes and translations07:55
darkxst(since 1.48)07:56
didrocksmy bet is that this change is only for ubiquity07:56
didrocksbut I may be wrong07:57
didrocks(maybe maas as well?)07:57
darkxstdidrocks, but then why is ubuntu patching upstream code if its not a fork?07:58
darkxstI suppose I should ask cjwatson07:58
Laneybloody suspend failures08:06
darkxsthey Laney08:06
didrocksmorning Laney08:06
Laneyhi darkxst didrocks08:06
Laneywhat's upski08:08
darkxstLaney, just silly installer bugs08:10
willcookesupposed to be getting upgraded to fibre today - so might disappear offline for a while at some point.08:12
seb128hey Laney08:13
willcookeThat said, I'm dealing with Open Reach, so it's equally likely that nothing will happen at all08:13
didrockswillcooke: well, when I switched recently, got some surprised (like not plug the day it should have been, and "magically" fixed without any interventions and things like that08:18
didrockswillcooke: btw, before you disappear, meeting reminder email? :)08:18
seb128didrocks is not forgetting about business :-)08:18
didrocksnever *ever*08:19
larsudidrocks: maybe we should start writing reminder emails for the reminder emails?08:20
larsuI can remind you about doing that every Tuesday morning if you wish08:20
larsunot deep enough yet08:23
didrockslarsu: TBH, for a while, I was always reminding seb128 about the reminder email08:23
didrocksso we went already there :p08:23
larsuI might forget reminding you though... seb128, do you mind reminding me?08:23
larsu(about reminding didrocks to remind willcooke to send the meeting reminder to us all)08:23
didrockslarsu: be careful to not create deadlocks though!08:23
willcookeseb128, I'll write a script to email you a reminder08:23
larsudidrocks: HAHA08:23
Laneywe need a 7 person chain08:24
larsuwillcooke: wait..........08:24
Laney"good morning, remember to remind <person> tomorrow"08:24
* larsu has a feelin we're circular now08:24
larsuLaney: $PERSON08:24
didrocksyeah, I bet we should change our dependency strategy08:24
larsuwhat is this? html?08:24
Laney%s, person08:24
didrocksand for tests, we need to add mocks08:24
larsuLaney: that's good as well :)08:24
didrocksso time for dependency injection08:24
* davmor2 remembers to remind Laney tomorrow no idea of what but I'll remind him damn it08:25
Laneyremind me to finish that last bit of easter egg08:26
LaneyHAHA as if i'll need reminding08:26
willcookeseb128, guess what...08:35
willcookeI have a meeting with the browser folk at 15030 UTC08:35
willcooketo talk about stuff from the product sprint in LDN the other week08:35
willcookeI can probably manage to run an IRC meeting and do a hangout at the same time though.08:36
willcookejust fyi08:36
seb128willcooke, I'm happy to lead the meeting08:37
seb128you can still be around and ask questions and stuff as well08:38
willcookeseb128, let's see how it goes...08:38
seb128but at least if you need to focus on your hangout it doesn't create gaps on IRC08:38
Laneyseb128 / larsu: I see unity-greeter in the upload queue ;-)09:36
seb128Laney, great!09:36
Laneythanks for reminding!09:36
ochosihey guys09:50
ochosiso did you resolve that menu-shadow problem in gtk3 in the end?09:50
larsuochosi: yep, thanks to Laney :)09:51
ochosigood :)09:52
Laneyso shady09:52
Laneynice and cool under those menus now09:52
ochosiyeah, "summer is coming" ;)09:53
bregmahttps://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1443774 sound like a GTK+ bug, ja?10:33
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1443774 in unity (Ubuntu) "Horizontal scrolling is backwards" [Undecided,New]10:33
larsubregma: that's probably an issue with gtk's natural scrolling10:36
larsuand I guess this is the fix? https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/commit/?id=f34ecab28f94bd36dc8201b4f81c6b290806195e10:37
larsuhm probably not, we already have that fix10:39
larsuah it is that commit, but it breaks it10:54
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
=== DalekSec_ is now known as DalekSec
happyaronwillcooke: sent you my updates just now11:50
seb128happyaron, hey, how is that ibus issue going?11:51
willcookethx happyaron11:52
happyaronseb128: seems something wrong in glib, there's many crash in ibus that trace down to glib...11:53
happyaronseb128: atm working on striping python2 from its dependency, and will come back to that crash later11:54
seb128happyaron, python2 is not a priority for vivid, we should rather focus on the segfaults11:55
seb128happyaron, are you sure it's not just incorrect glib use in ibus?11:55
happyaronnot very sure yet11:55
happyaronwell, doko kicked me on that python2 issue earlier, and it's easy to fix, doing testing right now11:56
davmor2why is menus being displayed with Alt Gr  how are you meant to get special characters now?12:42
ogra_you press prt-scrn with your right big toe while pressing AltGr with your left index finger ... then you cast the maic spell and it will appear12:45
davmor2ogra_: no you don't now I'm going to have to beat you12:47
ogra_did you try ?12:47
davmor2ogra_: yes12:47
ogra_probably you didnt pronounce the spell in the right tune12:48
davmor2ogra_: I'm still closing the gnome-screenshot widows12:48
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
pittiGood morning!13:28
didrockshey pitti :)13:29
didrocksslept longer today?13:30
pittididrocks: 5:30, was quite okay13:30
pittilike my normal time at home :)13:30
didrocksheh, in a way, indeed :)13:30
seb128pitti, hey, happy birthday!13:31
pittiseb128: merci beaucoup !13:31
pittiseb128, didrocks: my parents gave me a tandem parachute jump; apparently 35 is enough :-P13:34
didrockswaow, sounds nice (and scary)13:35
seb128do you plan to do it?13:35
* seb128 is not sure he would13:35
Laneyhey pitti, happy birthday!13:36
Laneythat sounds like fun13:36
pittiLaney: thanks! I'm sure it will be, after I made it through the door :)13:36
Laneybeing strapped to an expert should be quite reassuring :P13:37
pittiI might need a motivational push to jump out of a perfectly working plane, but I'm looking forward to it -- it's going to be exciting13:37
larsupitti: happy birthday!13:48
pittilarsu: danke!13:49
* ogra_ hugs pitti 13:50
ogra_HAPPY BÖÖÖRSDAI !!13:50
pittihey ogra_, danke!13:51
mdeslaurpitti: happy birthday! :)13:51
willcookeI'm going to have to go 3g until I can fix it13:52
willcookeoops, seb128 ^^13:52
seb128willcooke, no worry13:52
pittimdeslaur: merci !13:56
seb128bah, hidpi is annoying14:03
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1443767 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "The installation window was not shown completely with vivid-desktop-amd64-20150408 on hidpi laptop" [Undecided,New]14:03
seb128scaling kicks in on a "2560x1440" monitor14:03
seb128https://launchpadlibrarian.net/203188946/301.jpg that looks wrong14:03
ogra_seb128, well, does that monitor actually run at that resolution ?14:04
* ogra_ highly doubts it14:04
seb128ogra_, seems so14:04
Laneythat sucks14:14
davmor2ogra_: ha figured it out thanks pipe symbol.  After the reboot from the update the keyboard was set to us layout even though the only option was en_GB D'oh14:18
davmor2ogra_: now AltGr is working again14:18
willcookeseb128, am I really here?14:19
Laneythat's a deep question14:19
seb128willcooke, yes14:19
didrockshard to answer, indeed… :)14:19
=== jhenke_ is now known as jhenke
=== infinity1 is now known as infinity
seb128hum, it's meeting time?15:30
seb128attente, desrt, dgadomski, didrocks, FJKong, larsu, qengho, Sweet5hark, hey15:31
meetingologyMeeting started Tue Apr 14 15:32:05 2015 UTC.  The chair is seb128. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.15:32
meetingologyAvailable commands: action commands idea info link nick15:32
seb128not forgetting the bot this time!15:32
* Sweet5hark reporting in15:32
dgadomskihey o/15:32
seb128let's get started15:32
seb128#topic attente15:33
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: attente
seb128attente, hey15:33
willcookeqengho, can you come to the oxide meeting?15:33
qenghoyes. I thought I was in it!15:33
willcookeqengho, will send you a HI link15:33
willcookeqengho, oh - I see you :)15:33
attentetrying to write a service that should allow us to switch between input method frameworks without restarting the session15:34
attentegtk already includes some support, but not sure if it'll work under unity8 since we don't have u-s-d there15:34
attentefor qt4 and qt5, we'll have to write a proxy input method plugin to forward to the active framework15:34
qenghowillcooke: I have two invitations. Wrong one.15:34
seb128attente, hum, did you talk to anyone about the service?15:35
seb128it might be a good idea to have other people participating to the conversation so we do something that is futur proof15:36
attenteseb128: not yet, but i'm pretty sure we're going to need it at some point if we want to be able to switch between maliit and ibus/fcitx15:36
attenteespecially because of https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/maliit-framework/+bug/124592515:37
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1245925 in maliit-framework (Ubuntu) "Troublesome export in /etc/profile.d/maliit-framework.sh" [Undecided,Triaged]15:37
seb128attente, right, just saying that we should have the conversaiton in front15:37
seb128otherwise we risk having a design that doesn't accomodate all needs and to have to throw away and start again15:37
seb128which would be a waste15:37
seb128anyway, let's get moving15:38
seb128attente, thanks15:38
seb128#topic desrt15:39
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: desrt
seb128desrt, hey15:39
seb128desrt, weekly summary?15:40
desrthad a pretty unproductive week -- spent some time at the doctor15:40
desrtbut i managed to get to the bottom of the text/plain fallback class of bugs15:41
desrtcurrently rewriting a bit of the code there to avoid some extra memory allocations (and get rid of the remaining leak)15:41
desrtshould be done today15:41
desrtalso continued work on the no-polling-with-inotify-missing-files stuff15:41
desrtstill not feeling 100%, but am quite a bit better, so hopefully next week will be a bit more productive :p15:42
seb128desrt, hope you recover fully soon!:15:43
seb128desrt, is the mimetype fix something we might be able to backport to vivid/for stable?15:43
seb128desrt, thanks15:44
seb128#topic dgadomski15:44
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: dgadomski
seb128dgadomski, hey15:44
dgadomski* bug #445333 fixed, the user is super happy! Thanks! Side note - the bug has been out there since 2009 :)15:44
ubot5bug 445333 in gtk+3.0 (Ubuntu Trusty) "remember password on printing to windows printers does not work" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/44533315:44
dgadomski* SRU complete, bug #1020210 fixed for precise15:44
ubot5bug 1020210 in eglibc "Race condition using ATOMIC_FASTBINS in _int_free causes crash or heap corruption" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/102021015:44
dgadomski* there is a user experiencing weird Evolution crashes related to some specific content, although there are no crashdumps after them. Looks like Evolution is not using any non-standard, so I am expecting crashdumps from apport to be present in /var/crash. Is that right?15:44
seb128dgadomski, sorry it took a while on that gtk/printer bug, thanks for the work and persevering to get it SRUed15:45
dgadomskiseb128: it was quite a change for SRU, so I'm happy that it got through at all :)15:46
seb128dgadomski, apport should trigger yes, not sure why it doesn't ... if the user can reproduce get him to use gdb?15:46
dgadomskiseb128: I asked him to do that, waiting for feedback15:46
seb128dgadomski, thanks15:46
dgadomskiand one more thing:15:46
dgadomski* a problem related to printing from Evince. User's setup: remote cups printer connected to a prorietary Unix server, Ubuntu workstation. The problem is about sending username to cups. The username is not used for authentication, the user just needs it to be printed on every sheet to identify who the printout belongs to. So it works as expected for any other gtk3 application (e.g. gedit, evolution), but fails for Evince. I will take a lo15:46
dgadomskiok into the code to check out how it does handle printing. Ccan you recommend anybody that has the knowledge in the Evince area? Just in case.15:46
seb128sure :-)15:46
seb128nobody specific for that issue15:47
seb128just ask on the channel I think, a bunch of us can help you15:47
dgadomskiseb128: great, thanks, I'll file a bug for discussion as soon as I will get an overview of what is going on there15:48
dgadomskithat's it from me, thanks15:48
seb128thanks dgadomski15:48
seb128#topic didrocks15:48
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: didrocks
seb128didrocks, hey15:48
didrocksubuntu make:15:48
didrocks - default install path discussions15:48
didrocks - last turn of bug triaging before vivid release, nothing big needing a last minute upload15:48
didrocks - systemd fsckd discussion (again) on the upstream ML. Will be kicked off soon, so prepared for this and sanitize the set of patchs in few ones, adapt to v219 and add the last patch which has never been peer-reviewed upstream changing the way fsckd/fsck/plymouth connect to each other (fewer messages and socket chains)15:48
didrocks - add some more fixes to have systemd autopkgtest being independent of lightdm failures (fix flacky tests). Ensure that fsck autopkgtests still work with this.15:48
didrocks - xdiagnose fix to ensure people shooting in their feet by removing the display manager but still booting to graphical target gets a system booting (bug #1441883)15:48
ubot5bug 1441883 in xdiagnose (Ubuntu) "15.04 Vivid Vervet won't boot after uninstalling lightdm" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/144188315:48
didrocks - port gconf (debian scripts), webapps-applications and xdiagnose to python315:48
didrocks - wrote some thoughts about converged desktop15:48
didrocks - help/discuss/sponsor larsu's work on gtk3/g-t handling backward compatible (thanks!)15:48
didrocks - patch pilot followup with sponsorees15:48
seb128didrocks, sorry about how the systemd/fsckd thing went :-/15:49
didrocksseb128: well, seeing how another thread on fsck is happening on systemd, I feel not alone at least15:50
* larsu met the systemd guys on a bridge yesterday15:50
larsulike, all of the rh ones15:50
didrocksand I avoided harsh words on my thread, contrary to the other ones :)15:50
larsushould've said something :)15:50
desrtlarsu: or pushed them in the water :)15:50
didrockslarsu: well, seems they made their mind, no worry15:50
seb128didrocks, staying class for the win :-)15:50
larsudesrt: that's mean (and impossible)15:51
didrocksbut yeah "fsck is a thing of a past", not sure I agree with this15:51
larsubecause btrfs!!!!!1!15:51
seb128larsu, should have told them to proxy buy you a beer for poor didrocks!15:51
larsuseb128: haha yeah15:51
seb128didrocks, thanks!15:51
larsuseb128: just met them while walking the other direction and said hi real quick15:51
seb128#topic FJKong15:51
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: FJKong
seb128FJKong, hey15:51
FJKong* sogou IM new version realease testing, core dump file analyzing15:52
FJKong* learn sample of vala-sqlite for create a scope15:52
FJKong* track with bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntukylin/+bug/138098115:52
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1380981 in Ubuntu Kylin "In UEFI mode, default langauge in Ubiquity language chooser is not Simplified Chinese" [Critical,New]15:52
FJKong* go to visa office  submit the material and interview15:52
FJKong* Beijing Office Gathering - Invited by Jon15:52
seb128FJKong, thanks15:53
seb128#topic larsu15:53
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: larsu
seb128larsu, hey15:53
larsunot a lot from me. Worked on gtk and theming bugs this week15:54
larsuand plan to do that for the rest of the week as well15:54
larsu(including some triage)15:54
larsulike the --class thing,gedit underlines, long discussion about horizontal scrolling, etc15:54
larsualso some flight booking and sneezing (got sick again :( )15:55
seb128I saw you triaged some gtk buygs, thanks for doing that ;-)15:55
seb128hope you shake out the bugs before London!15:55
larsuseb128: got distracted right after I started unfortunately15:55
seb128larsu, thanks15:55
larsuseb128: but got to close upstream ones as well in the procrss15:55
seb128good :-)15:55
seb128ok, next is...15:56
seb128#topic qengho15:56
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: qengho
seb128qengho, hey, there or in that meeting?15:56
qengho- in progress: updating flash player for PES, merging two packages.15:56
qengho- in progress: convergence mobile-desktop handoff and SNNS file parsing.15:56
qengho- stalled: chromium update for precise15:56
seb128qengho, thanks15:56
seb128#topic Sweet5hark15:56
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Sweet5hark
seb128Sweet5hark, hey15:56
Sweet5hark- snappy stuff -- FWIW, I think I need some talk time about that in London ;)15:57
Sweet5hark- backport verification15:57
Sweet5hark- prepared LibreOffice 4.3.7~rc1 for PPA15:57
Sweet5hark- upstream refactoring for the next release, killed 1000 LOC convulted C++ production code so far (out of a 5100 LOC file), not quite there yet with adding 1000 LOC of test code in return ...15:57
Sweet5hark- quarterly reports, annual reports, budgeting (ugh)15:57
seb128re. snappy, London is going to be a good time to talk about, I think it's going to be a topic for several discussions15:57
seb128Sweet5hark, thanks15:58
Sweet5harkseb128: great!15:58
seb128#topic seb12815:58
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: seb128
seb128• helped to SRU a unity-control-center fix to trusty15:58
seb128• changed unity-settings-daemon to not do hidpi scaling on the greeter, unity-greeter is having issue with that that needs to be resolved first15:58
seb128• reviewed/landed vivid fixes to unity-control-center15:58
seb128• sponsored libreoffice update15:58
seb128• backported gnome-font-viewer segfault bugfix15:58
seb128• change bluez to restart the bluetoothd service on errors15:58
seb128• updated translations in xdg-user-dirs and language-selector for vivid15:58
seb128• ubuntu-system-settings15:58
seb128∘ looked a bit at some issue with the clicks listed in storage and upgrades15:58
seb128∘ fixed issue where the discharge graph would start with a spike15:58
seb128∘ investigated a bit wrong optionselector value in the lock settings15:58
seb128• some discussions about hidpi issues in ubiquity15:58
seb128• tried to debug data not working on the phone, turned out to be a sim issue (android having the same problems/giving as few feedback on it than we do) :-(15:58
seb128• quite some bugs triage (launchpad & e.u.c) for vivid, pinged people about some issues, looked at some other myself as well15:58
seb128ok, so I think that's it for people here, summaries from others now!15:59
seb128#topic robert_ancell15:59
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: robert_ancell
seb128Worked on:15:59
seb128- Fix gnome-calculator FTBFS15:59
seb128- Investigate snappy framework for XMir15:59
seb128- Investigate DRI3 enablement for Intel driver15:59
seb128- Simple Scan, 3.14.3 releases and SRUs15:59
seb128- Unity Greeter 15.04.4 release15:59
seb128#topic TheMuso16:00
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: TheMuso
seb128* Took some errors.ubuntu.com bug reports/crashers for pulseaudio upstream, and getting them looked into. Bug reports in the upstrea tracker will be added to the lp bugs once it has been determined that we do not yet have a fix that we can cherry pick from upstream.16:00
seb128* Discussion with unity 7 team about some classes relating to some dash widgets, and private classes needing to be exposed publically for a11y improvement work.16:00
seb128* Started looking into the best way to make sed classes be publically available for improving dash filter settings a11y.16:00
seb128#topic Laney16:00
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Laney
seb128• Very many queue reviews and FFe reviews16:00
seb128• Patch pilot, some random extra sponsoring too (adwaita-icon-theme16:00
seb128upgrade robustification, an update to Debian for seb)16:00
seb128 16:00
seb128(hum, client seems to not like the copy spam ... let's try again)16:01
seb128Laney still16:01
seb128• Updates: cairo  gtk+3.0 gvfs gtksourceview316:01
seb128∘ package new dconf and dconf-editor in exp for syncing in W16:01
seb128• Shadows fix in ubuntu-themes (& land this), thanks to ochosi16:01
seb128• Pick some stuff from the FTBFS and rls-v bug lists to fix before release - next up: proposed-migration.16:01
seb128#topic tkamppeter16:01
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: tkamppeter
seb128- cups-filters: Solved the problem of the frequent crashes of cups-browsed16:01
seb128- cups-filters: Upstream release of 1.0.68, especially containing the crash fix.16:01
seb128- ghostscript: Applied an upstream bug fix of Ghostscript taking too long when printing DjVu files out of evince.16:01
seb128- Organizational stuff for trip to Desktop Sprint and OpenPrinting Summit16:01
seb128- Bugs.16:01
seb128#topic happyaron16:02
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: happyaron
seb128* Released sogoupinyin/
seb128* Ubuntu Kylin RC preparation, bug fixings and uploads16:02
seb128* Kubuntu fcitx default for zh_* locales16:02
seb128* Sogou Wubi preparation,16:02
seb128* Contacts and preparation of Ubuntu Phone's sogoupinyin16:02
seb128* Working on 1439202 and 144039116:02
seb128#topic other topics16:02
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: other topics
seb128ok, updates spam done16:02
seb128do we have any other topic?16:02
seb128did I forget anyone?16:02
LaneyI made it back!16:02
didrocksLaney: too late, your report was copied already :)16:02
larsuLaney: a minute too late!16:02
Laneyoh, well, hi ;-)16:03
didrockswith the unicode character, all fine!16:03
seb128hey Laney16:03
seb128Laney, any comment/other topic? ;-)16:03
seb128ok, seems not16:04
Laneyfinal freeze is tomorrow though16:04
seb128it's a wrap then, thanks everyone16:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Welcome to the Desktop Team | https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For support please join #ubuntu | Issues with GTK 3.14? Check here: http://pad.ubuntu.com/gtk-update-v
meetingologyMeeting ended Tue Apr 14 16:04:54 2015 UTC.16:04
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-desktop/2015/ubuntu-desktop.2015-04-14-15.32.moin.txt16:04
seb128oh, right16:05
seb128I'm sure we forgot to fix things16:05
seb128going to need some SRUs16:05
Laneyya like that hidpi bug16:05
Laneybut that needs fixes on the image16:05
Laneyho hum16:06
Sweet5harkoh, heh: forget the 4.4.2-0ubuntu1 bump for LibreOffice on vivid -- which was just as much work for you as for me though ...16:06
Sweet5harkseb128: ^^16:07
seb128Sweet5hark, :-)16:08
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|EOD
willcookemaking progress on the broadband front - I have a pppoe connection at last18:04
willcookealthough it seems I'm being throttled to 8mbps still, considering my sync speed is 70mbps that is rather annoying18:05
willcookelatency is way down though18:06
willcookespoke too soon18:24
desrtwillcooke: daily launch reminder :)19:30
willcookedesrt, thx!  How's the weather looking?19:31
desrt60% go19:31
willcookejust off conf call in time then19:33
willcookefingers crossed the lightning holds off19:34
desrtstill ~35mins to go19:34
willcookedesrt, wooooaahhh19:51
willcookedesrt, that was weird19:51
willcookeI had the video stream open in a tab somewhere and then music just started playing out of nowhere :)19:52
* desrt is on nasa.tv19:52
willcookesame feed as:  http://www.spacex.com/webcast/19:52
willcookeI expect19:52
desrtminus the groove19:53
willcooke:) much more grown up19:53
willcookeremind me again how nmcli is nicer than ifup19:54
desrtit is? :)19:54
willcookeit is not19:54
desrtdo you know about nmtui?19:54
willcookeI do now19:55
* willcooke googles19:55
desrtit's a reasonable compromise19:55
willcookedesrt, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHIo6qwJarI19:59
qenghohttp://livestream.com/spacex/events/3959775 ?20:10
willcookeqengho, http://www.spacex.com/webcast/20:10
* qengho counts 4 minutes now to hear the rumble.20:11
willcooke:) awesome20:11
qenghoI miss Shuttle and its boom-boom pass overhead, but at least something new will be landing here again soon.20:13
desrtya.... now we wait to see if they can actually land it20:13
desrtthe real exciting part :)20:13
willcookethe nasa tv feed is much more reliable20:19
sarnoldthe youtube stream was more reeliable for me than either the nasatv or spacex feed.. https://youtu.be/csVpa25iqH020:20
willcookethx sarnold, that is much better for me too20:22
dufludesrt: Is there a function to query the active GDK backend?20:24
duflu(ie. to avoid calling X11 functions that may crash if inactive)20:24
desrtthere may be more than one20:24
desrtbut in general you are probably interested in whether some particular window, screen or display is associated with a given backend20:24
desrtyou can just use gobject rtti for that20:25
desrtlike GDK_IS_X11_WINDOW() GDK_IS_X11_SCREEN() GDK_IS_X11_DISPLAY() on the object in question20:25
dufludesrt: Kay, thanks. Might try20:25
willcookenoooo - no landing20:25
qenghoCan't we pirate it somehow?!20:26
desrtnote that those are only available if X11 support was built, so strictly you should also #ifdef GDK_WINDOWING_X1120:26
desrtwillcooke: where do you get your info?20:27
willcookedesrt, the man on the video told me20:27
desrtah. difference between spacex and nasa streams, i guess20:27
desrtspacex stream was super unreliable for me :(20:27
CrazyLemonlanding failed ... just fyi20:31
desrt"Ascent successful. Dragon enroute to Space Station. Rocket landed on droneship, but too hard for survival."20:31
dufludesrt: No problem. I'm in that #ifdef already :S20:32
willcookemaybe next time.  g'night all20:33
desrtwillcooke: g'night20:33
=== lifeless1 is now known as lifeless
qenghoFYI, the rocket hit the ship too hard again.20:47
dufludesrt: Now I'm trying to build GTK minus X. Gets stuck on silly include lookups which apparently only work with the X11 backend enabled. Have you tried such a thing?21:59

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!