/srv/irclogs.ubuntu.com/2015/09/28/#ubuntu-meeting.txt

=== wxl_ is now known as wxl
=== hikiko__ is now known as hikiko
=== Zic_ is now known as Zic
=== lan3y is now known as Laney
=== Laney is now known as Guest61035
=== Guest61035 is now known as Laney
=== hikiko is now known as hikiko|ln
=== lionel_ is now known as lionel
=== hikiko-lpt is now known as hikiko
=== Guest62641 is now known as balloons
Laney!dmb-ping15:00
ubottucyphermox, infinity, Laney, micahg, xnox, bdmurray, stgraber: DMB ping15:00
xnoxyo15:00
bdmurrayhi15:00
Laneypishuilu: just checking you are here for the DMB meeting?15:02
pishuiluLaney: hi, I am here.15:03
Laneyok, we will be with you shortly15:04
Laneylet's go15:04
pishuiluok15:04
Laney#startmeeting DMB 2015-09-2815:04
meetingologyMeeting started Mon Sep 28 15:04:26 2015 UTC.  The chair is Laney. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.15:04
meetingologyAvailable commands: action commands idea info link nick15:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | DMB 2015-09-28 Meeting | Current topic:
Laney#topic Review of previous action items15:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | DMB 2015-09-28 Meeting | Current topic: Review of previous action items
Laney#subtopic bdmurray to setup a pad for the dmb to collaborate on response for noskcaj15:04
Laneyany news?15:05
bdmurrayI ended up creating a bzr branch15:05
LaneyI missed that15:05
Laneydoes it have anything useful in?15:05
bdmurrayI don't think so.15:06
Laneywhat's next then?15:06
bdmurrayNope, nothing in it.15:06
bdmurrayI think "micahg to get Noskcaj feedback"15:08
Laneybit concerned that this drags on15:08
bdmurraywell we could start adding our own feedback then15:09
Laneyright15:09
LaneyI didn't -1 the application but those who did could start to work on it...15:09
Laneyxnox: that includes you15:10
Laney#subtopic Laney to start an onboarding page for new dmb members15:11
LaneyI didn't do this yet :(15:11
LaneyI am kind of annoyed at myself for not getting around to it15:11
Laneyand I will put it on my calendar for friday afternoon15:11
Laneydone15:12
Laney#action laney stop slacking and write onboarding page15:12
meetingologyACTION: laney stop slacking and write onboarding page15:12
Laney#subtopic michag to confirm if mozc packageset change happened15:12
Laneydid, yes?15:13
LaneyArchive Upload Rights for ubuntu-input-methods-dev: archive 'primary', package set 'input-methods' in wily15:13
Laney#subtopic michag to follow up with Unit193 about their application and a meeting date15:13
LaneyNFI15:13
Laney#action michag to follow up with Unit193 about their application and a meeting date15:13
meetingologyACTION: michag to follow up with Unit193 about their application and a meeting date15:13
bdmurrayI seem to recall that happening but not the outcome.15:14
Laneycan't find any mail anyway15:16
Laney#topic PPU application: ShuiLu Pi for ubuntukylin-default-settings15:16
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | DMB 2015-09-28 Meeting | Current topic: PPU application: ShuiLu Pi for ubuntukylin-default-settings
Laneypishuilu: hey, it's now your turn15:16
Laneycan you introduce yourself and your application?15:16
pishuiluok15:16
Laney#chair bdmurray15:16
meetingologyCurrent chairs: Laney bdmurray15:16
Laney(brb)15:16
pishuiluI am a member of Ubuntu Kylin team.15:17
pishuiluI maintain ubuntukylin-default-settings package.15:17
pishuiluThis package contains a number of system configurations.15:18
pishuiluFor example, firefox search engine and start page, default language for installer images, fix zip fie display of garbage characters15:19
pishuiluetc15:19
cyphermoxDo you have plans to start maintaining other packages in ubuntukylin, or other packages in general?15:20
xnoxpishuilu: have you come across something that you wanted to customize, but it wasn't in fact customizable at all? Ie. impossible to set some kind of a setting, cause there is no such setting. And how did you resolve such requests?15:20
pishuilucyphermox: Now I maintain ubuntukylin-default-settings and ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntukylin package15:21
pishuiluLater will also maintain other Ubuntu Kylin packages15:22
bdmurraypishuilu: Could you answer xnox's question?15:24
pishuiluxnox: Sometimes I should create a script to execute15:24
pishuilushell script15:25
pishuiluLike fix bug LP: #1462848 (fix zip file display of garbage characters)15:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1462848 in Ubuntu Kylin "The name of the expanded files for zip file display of garbage characters" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/146284815:26
bdmurraypishuilu: Have you followed the work in bug 1422290 which seems like it may be a proper fix?15:30
ubottubug 1422290 in unzip (Ubuntu) "Default charsets handling for Windows archives in CJKV+th locale" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/142229015:30
* xnox ponders if my question got through15:30
xnoxpishuilu: have you come across something that you wanted to customize, but it wasn't in fact customizable at all? Ie. impossible to set some kind of a setting, cause there is no such setting. And how did you resolve such requests?15:30
pishuilucyphermox: But I can't maintain all Ubuntu Kylin packages. some packages will be maintained by other colleagues.15:30
cyphermoxof course15:31
bdmurraypishuilu: have you seen the other questions asked of you by xnox and myself?15:34
pishuilubdmurray: I don't follow  bug 1422290. I fix some questions which is not fixed by upstream. If upstream fix this bug ,I will undo this configuration.15:34
ubottubug 1422290 in unzip (Ubuntu) "Default charsets handling for Windows archives in CJKV+th locale" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/142229015:34
pishuiluxnox: sorry , I miss your question.15:37
xnoxpishuilu: have you come across something that you wanted to customize, but it wasn't in fact customizable at all? Ie. impossible to set some kind of a setting, cause there is no such setting. And how did you resolve such requests?15:37
pishuiluok15:38
* stgraber waves (my phone lied to me)15:38
pishuiluxnox: I think if it wasn't in fact customizable at all, so this bug is not for this package.15:39
pishuiluxnox: This package function is system configuration.15:40
xnoxpishuilu: so you never modified anything in ubuntu, or request to be modified in ubuntu to customize stuff??15:40
pishuiluxnox: I mean configuration is not modifying some package source.15:43
pishuiluxnox: For exmaple, replace the specific icon15:44
pishuiluconfigure defaults.list of applications etc.15:45
bdmurray pishuilu: Could you comment on happyaron's caveat regarding a need "to be more careful"?15:50
pishuiluxnox: You mean that modify some package source and submit patches to upstream?15:51
pishuilubdmurray: ok15:52
pishuilubdmurray: happyaron's caveat mean : when I fix a bug ,I should consider a problem more comprehensively15:54
bdmurraypishuilu: And what steps are you taking to do that?15:54
pishuiluWhen I fix a bug , first I should think this bug's influence of the whole system15:57
pishuiluso I can consider a problem more comprehensively15:58
bdmurrayCan you give us an example of how you've done that?15:59
pishuiluDetails should be considered in all kinds of unexpected circumstances16:00
pishuiluFor example , fix bug 146284816:01
ubottubug 1462848 in Ubuntu Kylin "The name of the expanded files for zip file display of garbage characters" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/146284816:01
Laney(I have one when you're finished)16:03
Laney(then we should wrap up as we're over time already)16:03
pishuiluI didn't consider the previous zh_CN outside16:03
pishuiluLaney: I am sorry. Spent so much time !16:05
LaneyIt's okay16:07
Laneybdmurray: you want to ask more?16:07
pishuiluI should consider zh_CN,zh_TW,zh_HK etc.16:07
bdmurrayLaney: no, that's okay16:08
Laneyty16:09
Laneypishuilu: What testing do you do on the package before asking for it to be uploaded?16:09
LaneyDo you test it on a non Chinese system for example?16:09
pishuiluLaney: I test it on Chinese system.16:11
pishuiluBecause Ubuntu Kylin provide for the use of Chinese users16:12
LaneyI'm worried about cases where I have normal Ubuntu and Ubuntu Kylin installed at the same time16:12
Laneylike if I have a Chinese friend who uses my computer16:12
LaneyI don't want the Kylin settings to break anything on my account16:13
pishuiluLaney: I see what you mean16:14
pishuiluLaney: I should make some configurations  effect only in zh_CN.16:16
Laneyyes, you can also look at the $DESKTOP_SESSION environment variable16:17
Laneyit's also valid to be chinese and not use kylin :)16:17
pishuiluLaney:OK, I know.16:18
pishuiluThanks.16:18
Laneyok, thanks16:18
Laney!dmb-ping16:18
ubottucyphermox, infinity, Laney, micahg, xnox, bdmurray, stgraber: DMB ping16:18
Laneyanyone else?16:18
Laneyor vote?16:18
xnoxi lost wifi16:19
* xnox is back16:19
Laneyhello?16:20
bdmurrayI have no more questions.16:20
Laney#vote grant ShuiLu Pi upload rights for ubuntukylin-default-settings16:23
meetingologyPlease vote on: grant ShuiLu Pi upload rights for ubuntukylin-default-settings16:23
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (for private voting, private message me with 'vote +1/-1/+0 #channelname)16:23
xnox+116:26
meetingology+1 received from xnox16:26
bdmurray+116:27
meetingology+1 received from bdmurray16:27
Laney+116:28
meetingology+1 received from Laney16:28
stgraber+1 [happy to see that the package is no longer overwriting paths owned by other packages but doing clean diverts now, otherwise would have -1]16:28
meetingology+1 [happy to see that the package is no longer overwriting paths owned by other packages but doing clean diverts now, otherwise would have -1] received from stgraber16:28
LaneyWould like to see a bit more consideration given to co-existing with other flavours16:29
pishuiluLaney: OK16:30
Laneyand probably a review procedure16:30
Laneylike, don't commit any changes without another team member approving them16:30
Laneyanyway...16:31
Laney#endvote16:31
meetingologyVoting ended on: grant ShuiLu Pi upload rights for ubuntukylin-default-settings16:31
meetingologyVotes for:4 Votes against:0 Abstentions:016:31
meetingologyMotion carried16:31
Laneystgraber: you ok to action?16:31
stgrabersure16:31
stgraberdone16:32
Laneythanks16:32
Laneypishuilu: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/New <- good page to read16:33
Laneyand please ask if you have any questions at all16:33
pishuiluOK ,I know. Thanks very much.16:33
Laney#topic AOB16:35
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | DMB 2015-09-28 Meeting | Current topic: AOB
Laneycan all of you please respond to this old thread?16:36
Laneyhttps://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/devel-permissions/2015-August/000815.html16:36
Laney#endmeeting16:37
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Mon Sep 28 16:37:28 2015 UTC.16:37
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2015/ubuntu-meeting.2015-09-28-15.04.moin.txt16:37
Laneycheers16:37
pishuiluThank you, goodbye!16:39
jdstrandhi!16:40
mdeslaur\o16:40
jdstrand#startmeeting16:41
meetingologyMeeting started Mon Sep 28 16:41:07 2015 UTC.  The chair is jdstrand. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.16:41
meetingologyAvailable commands: action commands idea info link nick16:41
jdstrandThe meeting agenda can be found at:16:41
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting16:41
jdstrand[TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report16:42
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Weekly stand-up report
jdstrandI'll go first16:42
jdstrandthis week I'm working on snappy documentation16:42
jdstrandwhen helping someone with framework policy for a snap, I discovered that snappy's dbus bus policy implementation is not sufficient (not surprising, but now we have details to move forward)16:43
jdstrandI need to file a bug with ideas on how to solve that so the snappy guys can get it fixed16:43
jdstrandI have a couple of review tools issues to fix16:44
jdstrandhelping the golang, juju, and lxd MIRs along16:44
jdstrandand an embargoed issue16:44
jdstrandfyi, ty hicks is out this week sprinting16:46
jdstrandmdeslaur: you're up16:46
mdeslaurI just released nvidia drivers16:46
mdeslaurand I'm working on php5 updates16:46
mdeslaurI have a few other updates to test16:46
mdeslaurand that's probably it for this week, as I'm on vacation for the next two weeks16:46
mdeslaurthat's it from me, sbeattie16:47
sbeattiemdeslaur: nice!16:47
sbeattieI'm covering community for ty hicks this week while he's sprinting16:47
sarnoldmdeslaur: nice :)16:47
sbeattieI have an embargoed issue this week16:47
sbeattieI'm also working on gcc-5 pie stuff16:48
sbeattieI have some outstanding apparmor patches to review.16:48
sbeattiethat's pretty much my week.16:48
sbeattiejjohansen: I think you're up?16:49
jjohansenI am working on breaking the world16:49
jdstrandsbeattie: how close are we to putting gcc-5 pie to done?16:50
jjohansenthat is kernel work on stacking and its related items16:50
jjohansenI have some bug fixes to pull together too, that need to get pushed out to various kernels16:51
jdstrandjjohansen: after the meeting can we sync super quick on that?16:51
jjohansenjdstrand: sure16:51
jjohansenshould I pause for sbeattie, or just poke sarnold16:53
jdstrandI think moving ahead is fine16:53
sarnoldI'm on bug  triage this week and working on the lxd MIR16:53
sarnoldI'll try to poke at some apparmor patches for a change of pace16:54
sarnoldI think that's it for me, chrisccoulson?16:54
chrisccoulsonI shall be doing a thunderbird update this week. That's the only planned update I have :)16:55
chrisccoulsonSo I'll be hoping to make some progress on Oxide (I investigated some memory use issues last  week, and have just finished adding support for HTML notifications)16:55
chrisccoulsonI would like to start figuring out what https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oxide/+spec/site-settings is going to look like16:57
chrisccoulsonI think that's me done16:57
jdstrand[TOPIC] Highlighted packages16:58
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Highlighted packages
jdstrandThe Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so.16:59
jdstrandSee https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.16:59
jdstrandhttp://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/jabberd2.html16:59
jdstrandhttp://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/revelation.html16:59
jdstrandhttp://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/c-icap.html16:59
jdstrandhttp://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/iscsitarget.html16:59
jdstrandhttp://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/tpp.html16:59
jdstrand[TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions17:00
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Miscellaneous and Questions
jdstrandDoes anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?17:00
jdstrandmdeslaur, sbeattie, jjohansen, sarnold and chrisccoulson: thanks!17:03
jdstrand#endmeeting17:04
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Mon Sep 28 17:04:01 2015 UTC.17:04
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2015/ubuntu-meeting.2015-09-28-16.41.moin.txt17:04
sarnoldthanks jdstrand17:04
jjohansentanks jdstrand17:04
mdeslaurthanks jdstrand!17:05
sbeattiethanks jdstrand17:05

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!