=== ssweeny` is now known as ssweeny
=== _salem` is now known as _salem
kgunnrobru: argg...for tomorrow, i think i'm gonna need that qtmir ppa force merged after all03:13
=== fginther` is now known as fginther
robrukgunn: want me to merge it now? or tomorrow?04:30
=== bpierre_ is now known as bpierre
jibeldbarth__, https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/#/ticket/591 is approved, you can publish unless there is something blocking it08:23
dbarth__jibel: ack08:51
=== dbarth__ is now known as dbarth
mzanetticihelp, hey, I'm getting 404 when I click on Jenkins links in MPs since yesterday evening. example: https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/generic-deb-autopilot-xenial-touch/131/console09:48
psivaamzanetti: due to a jenkins upgrade last week, publishing to jenkins.qa.u.c from s-jenkins,ubuntu-ci:8080 is disabled for the time being until IS does some maintenance activities.09:50
psivaamzanetti: you should be able to access http://s-jenkins.ubuntu-ci:8080/job/generic-deb-autopilot-xenial-touch/131/console if you're in company VPN09:50
=== Mirv_ is now known as Mirv
=== chihchun_afk is now known as chihchun
alan_gcihelp I see an error on https://code.launchpad.net/~alan-griffiths/mir/fix-1463873/+merge/277552/comments/702616 that I get a 404 for: https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/mir-mediumtests-builder-vivid-armhf/4834/console. Possibly related: https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/mir-mediumtests-builder-vivid-armhf/ stops on the 12th.10:54
psivaaalan_g: looking10:55
alf_psivaa: alan_g: Note that all our jobs fail to get published to the public servers and there is a related error in s-jenkins, e.g., http://s-jenkins.ubuntu-ci:8080/job/mir-autolanding/2126/10:56
nerochiarocihelp: I am trying to access job/webbrowser-app-vivid-amd64-ci/1173/console via http://s-jenkins.ubuntu-ci:8080/ via the VPN, but i get a page saying the job is not there. am i missing something ?11:12
psivaaalan_g: alf_ : sorry for the delay. Yes, jobs are not published to publish jenkins waiting for a fix to land in jenkins.qa.u.c11:15
psivaaalan_g: alf_: http://s-jenkins.ubuntu-ci:8080/job/mir-mediumtests-builder-vivid-armhf/4834/console should have the information that you may be interested11:15
psivaanerochiaro: Build 1173 looks a little too old that it has been pruned.  http://s-jenkins.ubuntu-ci:8080/job/webbrowser-app-vivid-amd64-ci/11:17
psivaathe earliest one we have is 118111:18
nerochiaropsivaa: can i request a rebuild of https://code.launchpad.net/~osomon/webbrowser-app/use-qml-SortFilterModel/+merge/273203 ?11:19
oSoMoNnerochiaro, I can do that11:19
oSoMoN_nerochiaro, building: http://s-jenkins.ubuntu-ci:8080/job/webbrowser-app-ci/2473/11:23
oSoMoN_ubuntu-qa: what’s up with the autopkg tests for qtcreator-plugin-ubuntu and unity8 for the proposed migration? they have been marked as "test in progress" for the migration of webbrowser-app for almost a day now (http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-migration/update_excuses.html#webbrowser-app)11:27
=== oSoMoN_ is now known as oSoMoN
=== _salem is now known as salem_
xavigarciasil2100: ping11:51
sil2100xavigarcia: pong11:52
xavigarciasil2100: Hi! so silo 000 is the one containing the new project I asked you about11:53
xavigarciasil2100: it should be ready to go11:53
xavigarciasil2100: it does no need QA as it's just a library to build integration tests11:53
sil2100Let me take a quick look at it in a moment11:53
sil2100Yeah, I suppose that should be good11:53
xavigarciasil2100: I guess somebody should review all the packaging stuff11:54
xavigarciasil2100: ok, thanks!11:54
mardytrainguards, has silo 1 landed successfully, or how is its state? The changes are not in trunk11:59
Mirvmardy: queuebot answered you 2 mins later, still in proposed12:29
Mirvmardy: it's always several hours minimum now that we land to real archives so that we don't skip proposed tests12:30
Mirvthe dual landing to PPA only was an exception that skipped a lot of our test infrastructure12:30
mardyMirv: ok, thanks12:31
sil2100xavigarcia: hey, just a quick question about silo 00012:36
sil2100xavigarcia: I see that the merge from silo 000 has another branch as a prerequisite, but that branch is not in the silo12:36
sil2100xavigarcia: (talking about https://code.launchpad.net/~xavi-garcia-mena/gmenuharness/update-changelog/+merge/277441 )12:37
sil2100xavigarcia: shouldn't that merge be also included in the silo?12:37
seb128cihelp, what's the deal with https://code.launchpad.net/~seb128/camera-app/red-delete-button/+merge/277668/comments/702629 ?12:46
seb128"Problem accessing /job/camera-app-vivid-armhf-ci/149/console. Reason: "12:46
seb128"    Not Found"12:46
psivaaseb128: please use s-jenkins.ubuntu-ci:8080/job/camera-app-vivid-armhf-ci/149/console until IS sorts out publishing issue12:51
seb128psivaa, k, thanks, shouldn't that be announced somewhere?12:53
seb128also shouldn't the CI use what is in the vivid-overlay?12:54
seb128it doesn't find the 1.3 toolkit there...12:54
psivaaseb128: Agree, we should announce. Will do that in a bit12:54
seb128psivaa, saw my overlay use question as well?12:57
psivaaseb128: yea, looking into it12:58
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|lunch
psivaaseb128: https://trello.com/c/x8VCBKzk/865-vanguard-camera-app-not-using-vivid-overlay has been created. One of us will attend as soon as possible13:01
seb128psivaa, thanks13:04
seb128Kaleo, ^ just fyi, unsure if you still work on camera and if that's something you noticed13:04
=== ssweeny` is now known as ssweeny
Kaleoseb128, I still work on the camera13:07
Kaleoseb128, thanks13:07
seb128Kaleo, yw ;-)13:07
pete-woodssil2100: I fixed xavigarcia_lunch's missing MR from the silo13:08
pete-woodssil2100: the packaging is very standard apart from one thing13:08
sil2100pete-woods: you'll need to rebuild now, right?13:08
pete-woodssil2100: I guess that's techinically true13:08
pete-woodseven if the result will be identical13:08
* pete-woods hits rebuild13:08
pete-woodssil2100: the special part of the packaging, btw, is to handle the ABI changes in xenial without separate branches13:09
seb128Kaleo, btw https://code.launchpad.net/camera-app/+activereviews has some things waiting for 1.5 years for review, maybe would be good to clean those out13:09
pete-woodswe switch based on the distro name, and use a separate symbols file for each13:09
pete-woodssil2100: (https://code.launchpad.net/~pete-woods/gmenuharness/distro-specific-symbols-files/+merge/277663)13:09
pete-woods:) packages rebuilt ^ sil210013:32
pete-woodshttp://bazaar.launchpad.net/~pete-woods/gmenuharness/distro-specific-symbols-files/files/head:/debian/ <- debian dir for packaging review13:33
kgunngreyback_: is it ok to get robru to force merge that qtmir in silo 49 ?13:52
greyback_kgunn: it is if robru says so :)13:53
kgunnlong story...kdub's gotta fix in mir that richard needs, but in silo it builds against the old13:53
=== barry` is now known as barry
=== alan_g|lunch is now known as alan_g
kgunnsil2100: you about ?14:39
sil2100kgunn: hey, yeah14:39
kgunnsil2100: hey, i was pestering rob but he was on late...so any way you could force merge silo 49 for us ?14:40
kgunnsutck in proposed14:40
kgunnand now hampering another bug fix in a seperate silo14:40
sil2100kgunn: yeah, ok, will do that as the migration problem is unrelated to mir14:41
sil2100kgunn: done14:45
jibeltvoss, mardy silo 57 approved14:48
seb128jibel, bzoltan, pmcgowan, what's the status of the fix for https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1512924 ? are we going to get that in ota8 (+ translators doing their job + langpack updates)?15:02
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1512924 in ubuntu-ui-toolkit (Ubuntu) "Timestamps not localized in notifications" [High,In progress]15:02
sil2100xavigarcia, pete-woods: ok, package looks okayish from my POV, although I always feel a bit meh with all the scripts to support two different distros15:05
sil2100xavigarcia, pete-woods: but in this case it seems not so invasive anyway15:05
sil2100xavigarcia, pete-woods: that being said... I would like someone from the archive admin team to take a look before I publish, as my button press will result in an instant copy to the overlay15:05
sil2100So I want a preNEW review first15:05
sil2100seb128: ping :)15:05
seb128sil2100, contentless ping warning15:05
seb128I was also just talking so you know I'm around ;-)15:06
seb128what's the package to review?15:06
sil2100seb128: uh oh, apologies! Anyway, we'd need a preNEW review of silo https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/#/ticket/65015:06
sil2100seb128: a new one, libgmenuharness15:07
seb128yetanothergmenulib?! ;-)15:07
sil2100xavigarcia, pete-woods: one remark I have though... why is the source name different from the LP project name?15:07
jibelseb128, status is moved to OTA915:07
sil2100I mean, it's not a blocker, but when a project is hosted on LP it's much easier as both are the same15:07
seb128jibel, that's a joke?15:07
jibelseb128, why?15:08
seb128jibel, how come we can't land a template update in 15 days and then need to rollout an ota with obvious UI part untranslated?15:08
xavigarciasil2100: there is no reason15:08
seb128it's like timestamp in the messaging indicators15:08
seb128difficult to do more visible15:08
xavigarciasil2100: I just created the project like that and I kept it... I know what you mean... but we thought it was OK15:09
pmcgowanseb128, once we have a fix we will consider releasing it early, want to get input from folks15:09
seb128pmcgowan, you are speaking about what? the utik translation issue?15:09
pmcgowanthe timestamps thing15:10
seb128we have a fix commited since 2015-11-0515:10
seb128see https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-sdk-team/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/kickLocaleTemplate/+merge/27673315:10
seb128it seems it just didn't make it an upload since15:10
pmcgowanhmm thats bad15:10
seb128unsure why, I though jibel was pushing bzoltan to have an hotfix landing for that15:10
seb128rather than a full uitk update15:10
seb128also it doesn't even need an upload15:11
seb128it needs the new template to be commited which can be done manually15:11
pmcgowanseb128, actually I just discovered that yesterday and spoke to bz about it15:11
pmcgowanseb128, it can be fixed without landing uitk?15:12
seb128pmcgowan, well, that's a translation template15:12
seb128some project just commit the pot updates directly to trunk15:12
seb128to bypass the upload delays15:12
seb128but then it needs translator work and a langpack update15:13
seb128so unsure it's pratical for ota8 now15:13
pmcgowanI see15:13
seb128I just don't get why it stalling since 11-0515:13
seb128it was even on the ww46-2015 list15:14
pete-woodssil2100: it's a good question15:24
pete-woodswe should probably change it to gmenuharness everwhere15:25
pete-woodsxavigarcia: it's only the source package name that needs changing15:25
seb128pmcgowan, can we at least get somebody from the uitk to commit the template update so translators can do their work and we can see in maybe updating some langpacks if there is a window for that?15:36
pmcgowanseb128, sure it needs to go from staging to trunk?15:39
seb128pmcgowan, yes15:39
pete-woodssil2100: I have added a branch to the MR that fixes the source package name15:39
pete-woodsbut I'm not quite sure how to rebuild it15:39
sil2100pete-woods: \o/ if you added a new branch to the silo then just press build on the silo15:39
sil2100pete-woods: we'll remove the old binaries15:40
pete-woodssil2100: it won't rebuilt with an empty list of packages15:47
pete-woodsand building with libgmenuharness didn't seem to do anything15:47
pete-woodstrying gmenuharness now15:47
pete-woodsthat didn't work either15:48
pete-woodssil2100 ^ see build errors15:48
pete-woodsmight be easier to make a new silo?15:48
pete-woodsand bin this one15:49
pete-woodsedited a line of the train config15:51
pete-woodsmaybe that was is..15:51
sil2100pete-woods: maybe, did you try force-rebuild?15:51
pete-woodsit's getting further now15:51
pete-woodsbut it doesn't seem to have built the source package in the build log15:52
pete-woodsit's just trying to wait on it15:52
pete-woodswhich is obviously not going to work15:52
pete-woodsright, nuking the silo15:59
pete-woodsit's not worth messing around15:59
pete-woodssil2100: it's obviously getting upset16:25
pete-woodsI tried a new silo16:25
pete-woods(ended up with 000 again)16:26
pete-woodsand it is still half looking for libgmenuharness16:26
pete-woodsI don't know where it's getting this info from, though16:26
pete-woodsas the source package is definitely just gmenuharness16:26
rvrkenvandine: Silo 24 approved16:43
kenvandinervr, thx!16:44
=== chihchun is now known as chihchun_afk
pete-woods(see https://ci-train.ubuntu.com/job/ubuntu-landing-000-1-build/557/console)16:49
pete-woodsrobru: I seem to have upset citrain ^ we decided to rename a source package before first release, and citrain seems to have remembered the old value somehow?16:57
seb128pete-woods, the descriptions are not very useful is you don't know what "GMenu harness" is (why I don't, still trying to guess what that component does)17:04
seb128pete-woods, sil2100, otherwise packaging seems fine to me17:05
pete-woodsseb128: it's a test harness for things that expose gmenu models17:05
pete-woodsin particular, indicators17:05
seb128you might want to write a few liner description saying that17:05
pete-woodsI wrote it to finally add tests to indicator-network17:05
pete-woodsand it's going to be used for indicator-sound17:06
pete-woodsseb128: thanks for looking over the packaging, by the way :)17:09
seb128pete-woods, yw!17:10
renatucihelp, I am getting 'Unsupported device, autodetect fails device' on jenkins build: http://s-jenkins.ubuntu-ci:8080/job/generic-deb-autopilot-runner-vivid-touch/4125/console17:10
robrupete-woods: yes the source package name lookup is very slow so there's a disk cache, I'll clear it in a moment17:44
nerochiarocihelp: anyone has any ideas why this fails to build in ci ? https://code.launchpad.net/~uriboni/messaging-app/stickers/+merge/277446 doesn't seem like a problem with the code17:53
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|EOD
fginthernerochiaro, indeed that MP was impacted by an issue related to the recent upgrade. I've restarted the job18:23
nerochiarofginther: thanks18:24
nerochiarobfiller: ^18:24
=== salem_ is now known as _salem
=== _salem is now known as salem_
=== chihchun_afk is now known as chihchun
=== chihchun is now known as chihchun_afk
=== jdstrand_ is now known as jdstrand
=== salem_ is now known as _salem
dobeytrainguards: what does this error mean exactly? https://ci-train.ubuntu.com/job/ubuntu-landing-049-1-build/55/console21:22
robrudobey: "native" versioning means that the version number has "-NubuntuN" in it or not, it looks like the "-0" is missing from that version string21:24
dobeynative means it doesn't have it21:25
dobeywhich is correct21:25
robrudobey: the "-gcc" madness it non native due to the dash21:25
dobeyrobru: that's not a dash21:25
dobeyit's a tilde21:26
robrudobey: s/madness/makes/21:26
robrudobey: sorry I'm on mobile21:26
dobeymadness might be correct here :)21:26
dobeyhow do i see what version number the tool is generating, in the log?21:27
robrudobey: 2015-11-17 21:09:14,343 WARNING Created tag 15.11+16.04.20151117-0ubuntu1.21:27
dobeyi guess this is a bug in the cupstream2distro script?21:27
dobeyyes that is wrong21:27
robrudobey: the version logic hasn't changed in a long time21:28
robrudobey: perhaps you changed something that triggered a different code path21:28
dobeyi'll try to specify a complete version in changelog and see what happens21:29
robrudobey: no21:29
robrudobey: hang on let me look21:29
robrudobey: weird, there are tests to ensure that if the version doesn't start with -0ubuntu1 that it doesn't add that incorrectly http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~cupstream2distro-maintainers/cupstream2distro/trunk/view/head:/tests/unit/test_version.py#L15221:32
robrudobey: yeah I guess try the full version, not sure what's going on there21:33
robrudobey: oh, just looked at your last commit, yeah21:34
dobeyyeah, full version seems to work21:35
dobeyCreated tag 15.11+16.04.20151117.1.21:35
dobeyi guess the gcc5.1 manual upload version exposed a bug21:36
robrudobey: no, if you put in a version that doesn't have a +, the train generates "+16.04.YYYYMMDD-0ubuntu1". if you want the native version you have to start with a native version that has a + in it21:53
dobeyrobru: that part is fine. i tried the "15.11" by itself, because i got the error without tweaking the changelog21:54
dobeyrobru: anyway, worked around. i'll poke at it more later21:56
dobeythanks :)21:56
robrudobey: you're welcome21:56

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!