Umeaboymhall119: The desktop iso should always be able to boot Live.00:22
UmeaboyYou press ESC almost instantly after booting it up.00:23
UmeaboyThen you can choose to Use Ubuntu without installing it.00:23
mhall119Umeaboy: I was asking about a Unity 8 session specifically00:29
mhall119IIRC, the Desktop Next ISO was discontinued at some point, and I don't know if it's been restarted00:29
* mhall119 used to try Desktop Next on his wife's laptop00:30
=== vrruiz_ is now known as rvr
MirvSaviq: ok to 939, will update05:11
Mirvmhall119: I asked a few weeks ago and it was still on hold. maybe after xenial release?05:14
tsdgeosman we did a landing and still have 21 approved branches to land D:08:28
cimitsdgeos, hola09:38
tsdgeoscimi: hola09:38
cimithat branch seems to have passed qmltests too https://code.launchpad.net/~cimi/unity8/more_stable_lazy_image_test/+merge/28459609:39
cimitsdgeos, you prefer this or transitionCount?09:39
tsdgeoslet me un the tests here09:41
tsdgeoscimi: anything you miss on https://code.launchpad.net/~aacid/unity8/preview_audio_playlist/+merge/284624 for the top approval?09:42
cimitsdgeos,  I was missing the CI comment09:44
cimitsdgeos, can top approve09:44
Saviqltinkl, kbdLayout on unity8 conflicts, you can't merge trunk in your branch if it's based on some other branch - you need to follow the chain - otherwise bzr goes into criss-cross mode and barfs up conflicts09:44
Saviqltinkl, so you'll need to rewrite history on that one, too09:44
tsdgeoscimi: can you do https://code.launchpad.net/~aacid/unity8/do_not_use_components_generated_code/+merge/284289 too?09:56
tsdgeosSaviq: will you do https://code.launchpad.net/~aacid/unity8/fallback_for_empty/+merge/284235 or do i ask cimi?09:56
cimitsdgeos, I can do both if you want09:56
tsdgeoscimi: works for me09:58
tsdgeosSaviq: any idea what's wrong in https://unity8-jenkins.ubuntu.com/job/build-2-binpkg/376/arch=armhf,release=xenial/console ?10:02
tsdgeoscimi: ok we can you with your branch if you prefer that10:16
tsdgeoscimi: i'll delete my branch and MR and you resubmit yours on top of trunk?10:16
cimitsdgeos, when I did transitionCount, I didn't really like it :D10:17
cimitsdgeos, can do10:17
tsdgeoscimi: oh launchpad is smart enough to do it itself10:18
tsdgeosexcept the diff...10:18
tsdgeoscimi: anyway merge unity8 trunk and see what happens to the MR10:19
tsdgeosSaviq: this seems bad https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1540490 :/10:19
ubot5`Launchpad bug 1540490 in unity8 (Ubuntu) "app icons getting their top cut off (Ubuntu Touch)" [Undecided,New]10:19
Saviqtsdgeos, well, not crazy bad since easily recoverable, but yeah, would be nice to fix - LVWPH looks like it?10:22
Saviqtsdgeos, "Cannot allocate memory" hum10:23
tsdgeosSaviq: yeah, probably together with the new "better updates" from the scopes-pluigin10:23
cimitsdgeos, Saviq https://code.launchpad.net/~cimi/unity8/more_stable_lazy_image_test/+merge/28470810:23
Saviqtsdgeos, re: jenkins build, I'll monitor stuff to see if we get it again10:25
tsdgeosSaviq: i'd say we just did, see the two new failed emails10:25
Saviqtsdgeos, I was looking at the top of https://unity8-jenkins.ubuntu.com/job/build-2-binpkg/arch=armhf,release=xenial/10:26
tsdgeoscimi: clean your tas10:27
Saviqtsdgeos, and can't see the same issues anywhere else10:27
cimitsdgeos, all clean10:35
cimitsdgeos, ta10:35
Saviqtsdgeos, ah I know what happened, it's running two builds in parallel on the armhf nodes, should only be one... but there's $reasons why I had to give it two executors10:38
Saviqand it just OOMed10:38
SaviqI've a plan, though10:38
Saviqlet's see how bad this becomes10:39
MirvSaviq: ok 053 qtmm is now there (with updated symbols)10:49
SaviqMirv, tx10:50
dandraderSaviq, something funny happened with the qtubuntu landing10:50
Saviqdandrader, ?10:50
dandraderSaviq, revision 308 "Implement QPlatformOffscreenSurface" is also carrying its prerequisite (lp:~dandrader/qtubuntu/loggingCategory)10:50
dandraderSaviq, so lp:~dandrader/qtubuntu/loggingCategory didn't land on its own, separate, commit10:51
Saviqdandrader, d'uh, not funny, just /me being daft :/10:51
Saviqmissed the prerequisite in there10:52
Saviqdandrader, did we break something?10:52
dandraderSaviq, no, just the bzr history got "weird"10:52
Saviqdandrader, I think we missed a commit or two from the top of loggingCategory, /me checks10:53
dandraderSaviq, I would think the landing machinery would automagically sort out those declared pre-requisites....10:53
Saviqdandrader, it does, when they are added as MPs, apparently it doesn't check whether they are10:53
* Saviq files a bug10:53
* dandrader sets https://code.launchpad.net/~dandrader/qtubuntu/loggingCategory/+merge/279629 to merged10:54
ltinklSaviq, I'm a bit puzzled now, should I revert my trunk merge in kbdLayout and push+overwrite?10:55
Saviqdandrader, I'll see if I can fix the hisotry10:56
Saviqdandrader, but seems no diff missing10:56
Saviqdandrader, can you merge trunk in unity8 initial geom, and ltinkl you uncommit your last merge and merge ← into yours instead of trunk10:56
ltinklSaviq, ok10:57
dandraderSaviq, yeah, it missed only a "merge trunk" commit from the original loggingCategory branch, which is irrelevant10:57
Saviqltinkl, basically, bzr can't deal with you merging foo and then bar if foo is based on bar10:57
Saviqdandrader, indeed10:57
ltinklSaviq, I see, so trunk has to be merged only in the root of the chain10:58
Saviqltinkl, unfortunately, yes10:58
Saviqltinkl, well, in theory it works, just until there's conflicts, which is usually the reason to have the chain in the first place, so...10:58
ltinkldandrader, just ping me when you're done10:59
cimitsdgeos, example of concierge mode is the photos scope where it asks for instagram account right?11:00
tsdgeoscimi: no, it's the "My videos" when no videos are present11:00
* cimi checks11:00
Saviqdandrader, bug #154086011:01
ubot5`bug 1540860 in CI Train [cu2d] "Should error out if a branch's prerequisite isn't in the list of MPs" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/154086011:01
cimitsdgeos, btw which one is the card for facebook and instagram account for example11:01
cimitsdgeos, we have an issue of aspect ratio over there11:01
tsdgeosit's a regular horizontal card, no?11:01
cimitsdgeos, I have to see11:01
tsdgeoscimi: you mean the bug i filed like 3 years ago?11:01
cimitsdgeos, maybe :D11:01
Saviqdandrader, can you uncommit the trunk merge from loggingCategory please and overwrite11:01
cimitsdgeos, link,?11:01
tsdgeoscimi: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/142129311:02
ubot5`Launchpad bug 1421293 in ubuntu-ui-toolkit (Ubuntu) "Icon width is inconsistent when height is specified" [Low,Triaged]11:02
tsdgeosok, only 1 year ago11:03
cimitsdgeos, yeah11:03
cimitsdgeos, on arale is bad11:03
cimitsdgeos, because we have 50gu11:03
dandraderSaviq, so that it matches the loggingCategory copy in offscreenSurface-lp1527737?11:03
Saviqdandrader, yes11:03
tsdgeoscimi: it's not, see it's marked as "Low" ;)11:03
cimitsdgeos, :)11:04
Saviqdandrader, so when I merge it as I'm rewriting history, we get the ~same result11:04
Saviqw00t we're starting to get green test-0-autopkgtest :]11:05
dandraderSaviq, merged trunk in lp:~dandrader/unity8/initialSurfaceGeom11:05
Saviqdandrader, thanks, ltinkl you can merge ↑11:05
* ltinkl on it11:05
dandraderSaviq, removed the top-most "Merge trunk" from lp:~dandrader/qtubuntu/loggingCategory11:06
Saviqdandrader, thanks11:06
ltinklSaviq, done11:07
ltinklSaviq, can I start the build?11:12
Saviqltinkl, go for it11:13
Saviqdandrader, lp:qtubuntu fixeded11:13
cimitsdgeos, just a comment https://code.launchpad.net/~aacid/unity8/do_not_use_components_generated_code/+merge/28428911:14
tsdgeoscimi: right we can11:16
tsdgeosi used to have the code wrong11:16
dandraderSaviq, cool11:16
tsdgeosand then i was using isConciergeMode directly11:16
Saviqdandrader, thanks for noticing11:17
tsdgeosand that we can not since noone guarantees components["art"] && components["art"]["conciergeMode"] would be a bool11:17
tsdgeosbut since we're ! it then it is fine11:17
Saviqdandrader, now let's hope no trainguard or davmor2 notices what we did ;)11:17
sil2100..do I want to know?11:18
davmor2Saviq: I'm gonna beat you with sil2100 big stick so I don't have to travel with one11:20
Saviqsil2100, davmor2, j/k, we messed up lp:qtubuntu history (forgot to put a prerequisite MP in the train), but nothing bad happened11:21
Saviqlike, code is the same, just there wasn't an explicit MP for it (and it was just logging refactor)11:22
SaviqI've now overwritten lp:qtubuntu history to say the truth about it11:22
Saviqand filed a train bug about it letting us do this11:23
Saviqsil2100, bug #154086011:23
ubot5`bug 1540860 in CI Train [cu2d] "Should error out if a branch's prerequisite isn't in the list of MPs" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/154086011:23
* davmor2 slaps Saviq repeatedly with a stick of celery and tells him not to do it again11:24
davmor2Saviq:  on a fresh install in windowed mode open the clock app, here maps or weather app what happens to the window is ugly do you know if there is a way to work around that I assume the issue is the trust-prompt overlay right?11:31
Saviqdavmor2, lemme see11:31
tsdgeosSaviq: still mismatches :/ https://unity8-jenkins.ubuntu.com/job/build-2-binpkg/381/arch=i386,release=xenial/console11:31
davmor2Saviq: check for window size and title of window11:32
cimitsdgeos, we have a failing GenericScopeView test in that branch, is it related?11:32
cimiseems like possiblwe11:32
Saviqdavmor2, window size seemed fine, title we'll have to look at11:35
davmor2Saviq: seriously when the prompt appear the window changes from a square to a rectangle and when you accept the prompt it changes back to a square11:36
Saviqdavmor2, I think the problem is that the title gets set to that and then the app is blocked because of the trust prompt and is only able to reset the window title properly after it's let go11:36
Saviqdavmor2, huuh, didn't see that11:37
Saviqdavmor2, but I have an idea11:37
tsdgeoscimi: good question, should not, i'll have a look11:37
tsdgeoscimi: and actually we need the "true" : "false"11:37
tsdgeoswithout it we end up with 1 or 011:37
tsdgeoswhich upsets qml11:37
tsdgeossince visible: 1 is wrong11:37
cimitsdgeos, ok11:37
Saviqdavmor2, does that include silo 19 btw?11:37
Saviqdavmor2, scratch that, we've not landed those yet11:38
davmor2Saviq: I noticed testing it yesterday but only remembered it today because you only trigger the prompt once11:38
Saviqdavmor2, I'd say it's bug #153297411:39
ubot5`bug 1532974 in unity8 (Ubuntu) "large window flicker on ubuntu apps launching in window mode" [Critical,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/153297411:39
Saviqjust amplified by the trust prompt11:39
Saviqdavmor2, I'll have a look out11:39
davmor2Saviq: thanks11:39
tsdgeoscimi: so it seems the test is indeed reproducible there11:40
tsdgeosthat's scary :D11:40
tsdgeoss/test/test failure11:40
cimitsdgeos, well, reproducing is always good :)11:41
Saviqtsdgeos, yeah I've asked for access to an internal mirror, didn't get it yet11:47
Saviqre hash mismatches11:47
tsdgeosi thought we had that alread11:48
=== dandrader is now known as dandrader|afk
=== alan_g_ is now known as alan_g|lunch
=== dandrader|afk is now known as dandrader
=== alan_g|lunch is now known as alan_g
Saviqdandrader, ltinkl, can we wrangle https://code.launchpad.net/~dandrader/unity8/sizeHints/+merge/278743 and friends in between initial size geom and kbdlayout? FWIW it might be time to split out the API bumps into a separate MP, assuming we're not conflicting elsewhere (which we probably do?)14:22
Saviqin between, or after, /me no cares14:22
dandraderSaviq, well, since sizeHints is the oldest branch of them all, I think we should put the others on top of it14:23
Saviqdandrader, not sure if oldest/newest is a factor, whatever's easiest, really14:23
ltinklmakes sense... that means a lot of rebasing again right? :/14:23
tsdgeoscimi: if you have time https://code.launchpad.net/~aacid/unity8/circleForAudioCards/+merge/284747 is something design wants to get soon asap14:23
Saviqltinkl, dandrader, which is why I'd put sizeHints on top of kbdLayout instead14:23
Saviqas it doesn't have any prereq atm14:23
ltinklSaviq, I agree :)14:23
ltinklless rebasing imo14:24
dandraderSaviq, makes sense14:24
Saviqtsdgeos, https://code.launchpad.net/~aacid/unity8/nodda/+merge/280814 - dependencies correct there? no need for anything in build deps?14:24
ltinklI see mzanetti already threw in another stuff14:24
tsdgeosSaviq: there's a newer branch required but it also landed in the currently released uitk14:25
Saviqtsdgeos, https://code.launchpad.net/~aacid/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/xvfb_pixels_per_mm/+merge/282149 didn't get released yet, did it?14:25
Saviqsays revision 180114:25
mzanettiltinkl, ?14:25
mzanettiah, the silo14:25
ltinklmzanetti, yeah, the silo 5114:26
Saviqtsdgeos, and last released is 1795 https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-ui-toolkit14:26
tsdgeosSaviq: hmmm14:26
tsdgeosi just ran nodda branch today under xvfb and all aws good14:26
Saviqtsdgeos, can you add a >= 1.3.180114:26
dandraderSaviq, ltinkl, but kbdLayout hasn't been approved yet14:26
Saviqdandrader, well, it will be, before we land it, hopefully14:27
dandraderSaviq, ltinkl, what I mean is that it's still subject to change, not a good branch to have as a prereq14:27
dandraderSaviq, ltinkl, so I still think it better to follow the seniority order14:28
Saviqdandrader, TBH I'd rather wait for kbdLayout to get approved instead of doing the rebase dance again14:29
Saviqit's not git :P14:29
Saviqdandrader, but, what we can do, is extract the debian/ changes and API bumps to a separate MP14:29
Saviqas long as the actual code changes won't touch the same areas, they wouldn't need to be chained then14:30
dandraderSaviq, sounds messy14:31
Saviqdandrader, why?14:31
dandraderSaviq, "yet another branch"14:31
Saviqdandrader, better than chaining IMO14:31
dandraderSaviq, + dependencies between those split branches. having a hard time visualizing that. how to split the diff to avoid conflicts14:33
tsdgeosSaviq: ha ha, it passed here because i rebuilt my uitk with that patch and forgot about it :D14:34
cimitsdgeos, will review after my lunch :)14:34
Saviqtsdgeos, right, so keeping it out, please add >= 1.3.180114:34
Saviqdandrader, we maintain api-bump branches for unity-api, qtmir, unity8 under unity-team,14:35
Saviqdandrader, MPs requiring those changes will have those as prereq14:35
Saviqdandrader, as we go, we bump things in the api-bump branches, but subsequent code MPs don't need to prereq each other14:36
tsdgeosSaviq: done14:36
Saviqunless they really touch code close to one another, at which point we're in the position we're in today, and have to chain14:36
Saviqdandrader, but until then we can relatively freely juggle MPs that will land together14:37
Saviqtsdgeos, do we care about https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/143073/ ?14:38
tsdgeosSaviq: doesn't seem critical i'd say, nice to have sure14:39
cimitsdgeos, ok on it14:39
Saviqtsdgeos, Timo was asking if it was us, but I don't remember having asked for it14:40
Saviqlikely SDK team14:40
Saviqdandrader, I can prepare a set of branches doing that across the ones we're talking about now to see how it'd work14:40
tsdgeosSaviq: yeah don't think it was us14:41
dandraderSaviq, still don't see how having yet more interdependent branches will help. but if you wanna do it...14:42
dandraderSaviq, I probably didn't understand your plan...14:43
Saviqdandrader, we have initial geom, kbdlayout, sizehints today14:43
Saviqdandrader, as it stands, we need to make them all a chain14:43
dandraderSaviq, which is ok14:44
dandraderSaviq, it's like having a virtual staging branch14:44
Saviqdandrader, except for when we need to bump one of them from the list when we discover an issue14:44
Saviqdandrader, un-chaining them is a chore (as is chaining them, for that matter)14:44
dandraderSaviq, it's like having to revert something from a staging branch14:45
Saviqdandrader, with "distilling" the conflicts (usually debian/ and API bumps) into a separate MP, we can just skip some without the need to modify the rest14:45
Saviqdandrader, also, maintaining the chain is a pain unless we put them all under unity-team since we have to merge trunk through it in case of conflicts14:45
Saviqotherwise we need to wait for whoever owns the branch14:46
dandraderSaviq, the root cause being that it takes too long to release, so we have way too many branches piling up14:47
Saviqdandrader, maybe, but I don't see it getting quicker any time soon14:48
dandraderSaviq, maybe a staging would help with that, as merging an MP into the staging branch should take much less time.14:48
Saviqdandrader, with the staging approach I'm after, I won't allow branches relying on other projects into staging anyway14:48
Saviqunless I can find that actually reverting on staging is relatively doable14:49
dpmhi all, I was wondering if someone could help wit a unity 8 session related question:14:50
dpm I installed unity8-desktop-session-mir to dogfood unity 8 on the desktop (16.04) and how convergent apps behave14:50
dpm I can choose the session and log into unity 8 via lightdm14:50
dpm then the scopes window is shown14:50
dpm however, when I click on an app, it's shown for a split second and then exits14:51
Saviqmzanetti, tsdgeos, shall I add https://code.launchpad.net/~mzanetti/unity8/launcher-sizing/+merge/280149 ?14:51
dpmit happens to all apps14:51
Saviqdpm, install cgmanager...sthg (known dependency bug, should be fixed soon)14:51
tsdgeosSaviq: afaics it doesn't merge, so it won't build, no?14:51
* Saviq finds the right package name14:51
Saviqtsdgeos, just asking :)14:51
dpmSaviq, ah, cool, thanks, will try that later on this evening14:51
mzanettiSaviq, pelase14:52
mzanettiSaviq, I will merge things now14:52
mzanettiSaviq, but this one is a big one, it will conflict with every upcoming branch, so the earlier the better14:53
Saviqdpm, ah! bug #153505814:53
ubot5`bug 1535058 in ubuntu-app-launch (Ubuntu) "applications close instantly when launched from the launcher or dash" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/153505814:53
Saviqdpm, install libpam-cgm14:53
Saviqmzanetti, and launcher-updates14:55
Saviqmzanetti, we've no settings UI for sizing or autohide yet, do we?14:55
mzanettiSaviq, no, I pinged ken about it, but he didn't reply... let me try to ping again14:56
dpmSaviq, actually, libpam-cgm is already installed, but I'll look at the bug comments in more detail14:56
Saviqdpm, ack, note that it's still not a good experience on a mixed click/deb system, you need to manually install .clicks and such14:57
Saviqmzanetti, do we have a bug for ↑ do you know?14:57
dpmSaviq, meaning that apps installed as .deb are not supposed to be startable on the unity 8 session?14:58
dpmI don't have any clicks, as they're not installable and won't be afaik14:58
mzanettiSaviq, the bug you linked, no?14:58
Saviqmzanetti, for clicks vs. deb14:58
mzanettidpm, debs should work too I believe14:58
Saviqdpm, of course they will be14:58
mzanettiSaviq, no, clicks are not and I don't think that will change any time14:59
Saviqmzanetti, on a desktop unity8 session?14:59
Saviqwhat's it useful for, then/14:59
Saviqmzanetti, the store has to be functional there, why not?14:59
dpmSaviq, it will be, but with snappy14:59
Saviqoh well, .clicks, .snappy, potato, potahto15:00
mzanettiproblem is that polkit/pkcon/dpkg bail out on it. I've reported a bug 2 years ago and pinged all sorts of managers. Eventually I got the reply that this is not working intentionally beause we can't guarantee the confinement promises of clicks15:00
ubot5`Error: Launchpad bug 2 could not be found15:00
mzanettiI believe this is nuts and is probably just an excuse to not have to spend someones time to fix the polkit stuff for it15:00
mzanettianyhow, that is as far as I could get15:01
mzanettiyou can still manually force install them15:01
Saviqmzanetti, that's bshit15:01
mzanettiI know... but well, I tried for a long time15:01
mzanettiyou might retry with your manager powers now15:01
mzanettilet me find the bug report15:01
dpmI'm still not sure I follow what the issue with .debs on that bug report is15:03
mzanettiSaviq, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/click/+bug/139661115:03
ubot5`Launchpad bug 1396611 in click (Ubuntu) "Can't install click packages with pkcon" [Undecided,Confirmed]15:03
Saviqmzanetti, I'm bumping https://code.launchpad.net/~unity-team/indicator-display/usage-mode/+merge/284730 from the silo then?15:07
mzanettiSaviq, why?15:07
Saviqmzanetti, because we don't wanna land it, and we do wanna land the silo15:07
mzanettiooh, I thot this would be the MWC silo15:08
mzanettiin that case, sure, drop it, and the other I added too15:08
mzanettithat's not ready for landing yet15:08
mzanettiSaviq, ^15:08
Saviqmzanetti, ack15:08
mzanettiSaviq, do we have a silo for MWC then?15:08
Saviqmzanetti, not yet, but we won't really need one for a week or two15:09
mzanettiSaviq, it would make things easier to test I think. I'll get started with one then15:09
=== popey_ is now known as popey
cimitsdgeos, I'd go for the code of my comment, I like it :D15:15
tsdgeoscimi: makes it harder to read, but whatever15:16
cimitsdgeos, harder is relative :D15:17
tsdgeosof course15:17
Saviq@unity: if your branch is not top-acked, but should land in our next landing (and is not in silo 51 already https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/#/silo/051), please let me know15:17
tsdgeosthat's why i said "whatever"15:17
cimitsdgeos, we can also put radius width / 2 too15:18
cimitsdgeos, usually it's what people write when they mean a circle15:18
tsdgeoscimi: pushed15:20
mzanettitsdgeos, merged launcher-updates15:22
cimitsdgeos, stylistic changes :D polite :D15:22
cimitsdgeos, better than cimi's nonsense :D15:22
Saviqlet the Conflict Olympics begin!15:23
Saviqoh just 33 MPs this time :P15:23
mzanettipff... easy15:23
tsdgeosmzanetti: ok15:23
ltinklin bzr case it's rather paralympics15:23
cimilol ltinkl15:24
cimitsdgeos, approved, waiting for ci to top approve15:24
mzanettistill better than the black magic you get when you put git on it... I'd end up in a "you are now in detached head state and can never got back" all the time15:25
tsdgeosmzanetti: you also fixing launcher-sizing ?15:28
cimitsdgeos, we can top approve https://code.launchpad.net/~cimi/unity8/more_stable_lazy_image_test/+merge/28470815:30
mzanettitsdgeos, launcher-sizing merged15:34
tsdgeosmzanetti: depending on how we do the merging lp:~mzanetti/unity8/spread-visual-updates also fails to merge (directly against trunk), but i guess that if do all the merges of prerequisties in order it'll work15:41
=== dandrader is now known as dandrader|lunch
Saviqtsdgeos, that shouldn't be possible in theory, should it? assuming the top-most branch has all the changes from the previous ones15:45
tsdgeosSaviq: ok15:46
mzanettimterry, ltinkl: the OOBE meeting happening? want me there?15:58
ltinklmzanetti, I guess we'll be fine15:59
mterrymzanetti, I want you in ALL my meetings :)  But yeah I bet we can do it15:59
mzanettiI can surely join, no prob... just don't wanna be a pain with my comments if you guys think you're set15:59
=== coretex__ is now known as QUESTION
=== dandrader|lunch is now known as dandrader
Saviqdandrader, check out the top-four ~unity-team branches here https://code.launchpad.net/unity-api17:06
Saviqdandrader, this is what I propose for the api bump changes, that breaks the ~artificial prereq between initialSurfaceGeom and kbdLayouts17:06
Saviqin this case kbdLayouts still conflict with surfaceItemSizeHints, but that's more natural than prereq'ing because of changelog17:07
Saviqthe api-bump doesn't even need to be a prereq for the others, with the caveat that it would "miss" the version and CMake bumps, which, you could say, is a bad thing17:08
Saviqso we could make it prereq after all17:08
Saviqdandrader, in any case, updating the changelog and CMakeLists accordingly would be a topic for landing, contained in that one MP instead of spread across all the separate MPs17:10
dandraderSaviq, so you're saying you want to strip all MPs of debian/changelog entries and version bumps? I'm fine with that.17:12
dandraderSaviq, it's the stuff of landing/releasing indeed17:12
Saviqdandrader, the CMakeLists.txt bumps are indeed debatable17:13
Saviqdandrader, as they will most likely conflict every time if they touch the same API17:13
dandraderSaviq, I say CMakeLists.txt version bumps fall into the same category17:13
Saviqdandrader, ack, so we're in violent agreement, this leaves you guys to work on actual code changes, and paperwork happens at release time17:14
dandraderSaviq, ok, so I should remove deban/changelog, debian/control and CMakeLists.txt version bumps from my MPs then?17:15
Saviqdandrader, just resubmit your branches with the ones I did, with api-bumps as prereq17:16
Saviqfor unity-api that is17:16
Saviqdandrader, for others (unity8, qtmir), please strip the relevant changes, yes17:16
dandraderSaviq, having api-bumps as prereq looks weird17:17
dandraderSaviq, to me it looks like api-bumps should be the lid at the top of them all, not the base17:17
Saviqdandrader, ack, fine by me (only this means that commits are not "releasable" by themselves, but meh)17:18
dandraderSaviq, if I resubmit I gonna lose the approvals. can't I just remove the changes in order to keep those approvals?17:21
=== alan_g is now known as alan_g|EOD
dandraderSaviq, removed version bumps and changelog entries from all initialSurfaceGeom branches (unity-api, qtmir and unity8)18:08
josharensonDo any of you use vim + YouCompleteMe?  I can't figure out how to work around this https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vim-youcompleteme/+bug/1538532  I've tried building vim with python2 enabled, but it still isn't working...19:27
ubot5`Launchpad bug 1538532 in vim-youcompleteme (Ubuntu) "Broken in Xenial, vim requires python3 now" [Undecided,Confirmed]19:27
mterrySaviq, you suggest in bug 1540497 to "just react to clicks on Unlock" -- that's the proposed temp fix until ubuntu-ux gets back to us?  So just the little "unlock" area on the bottom, to make it clickable?  And probably look like a button.  Which would just swipe away the top layer and show the pin/passcode entry19:39
ubot5`bug 1540497 in Canonical System Image "No way to unlock narrow greeter with a mouse" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/154049719:39
=== andyrock_ is now known as andyrock
Saviqmterry, fwiw the whole surface could react to clicks...20:29
Saviq(but not to taps!)20:29
Saviqmzanetti_, please put lp:~mzanetti/unity8/edgebarrier-click-transparent on top of launcher sizing20:33
Saviq<Saviq> mterry, fwiw the whole surface could react to clicks...20:33
Saviq (but not to taps!)20:33
mterrySaviq, OK.  (just as a short-term fix right?)20:37
mterrySaviq, when a mouse is attached, we actually always use the wide view greeter, regardless of width.  In which case there should be a text prompt / login button...  I need to re-do the bug steps and see what actually happening20:39
=== cyphermox_ is now known as cyphermox
Saviqmterry, not any more21:05
mterrySaviq, ah interesting21:05
Saviqmterry, we released yesterday a change where it needs to be more than 90GU long on the short edge21:05
mzanetti_Saviq, I've merged it, but I found a test failure, will look at it in a few. need to put the baby to bed21:18
mterrymzanetti_, what's the best way to distinguish between a mouse click and a touch click?21:39
mzanetti_mterry, for what?21:46
mterrymzanetti_, I was looking at a short-term fix for bug 1540497 (hide greeter cover page on a mouse click but NOT a touch)21:47
ubot5`bug 1540497 in Canonical System Image "No way to unlock narrow greeter with a mouse" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/154049721:48
mzanetti_mterry, ah, options are: something like InputKeysFilter and emit the appropriate signals, or a MouseArea and a MultipointTouchArea21:49
mhall119_jhodapp: ping about aethercast21:49
jhodappmhall119_, pong21:50
mhall119_jhodapp: hey, I'm following the instructions on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/DisplayCasting21:50
mhall119_and it finds my roku/tv, but when I try to connect to it I get Failed to connect with device: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: Operation failed21:51
=== mhall119_ is now known as mhall119
jhodappmhall119, yeah it's not really that robust in connecting yet21:51
jhodappmhall119, try again21:51
jhodappmhall119, sometimes it'll work after the 2nd or 3rd time21:52
mzanetti_jhodapp, apart from connecting, what's the state there? somewhat functional?21:52
mterrymzanetti_, ah thanks :)21:52
mhall119I've tried 3 or 4 times, same thingaethercastctl> info ae:b5:7d:5e:ad:2121:52
mhall119Address: ae:b5:7d:5e:ad:2121:52
mhall119Name: Mike & Michelle Bonus Room TV21:52
mhall119State: failure21:52
mzanetti_jhodapp, asking because I need to build something on top of it when it's stable enough, and I haven't checked in a while21:52
jhodappmzanetti_, it'll utilize software encoding in the version in that silo, so you'll get very very slow video21:52
mhall119I've tried a half dozen times now21:52
jhodappmhall119, ok, best to ask morphis tomorrow then...he wrote the connecting part21:53
mhall119ok, thanks21:53
mzanetti_mhall119, last time I tried it had issues with 5GHz, would only work with devices that only have 2.421:53
mhall119oh, hmmm....21:53
mzanetti_but it's been a while now, so not sure if that's still accurate21:54
jhodappmhall119, also, you can try sudo service aethercast; sudo aethercast -d21:54
jhodappmhall119, you'll see the debug output then21:54
mhall119well I'm on 2.421:54
jhodappmhall119, oops add a stop in there21:54
jhodappmhall119, morphis will want to see that debug output21:55
mhall119[DD 2016-02-02 21:57:36] [p2pdevicestub.cpp:300@Connect]21:58
mhall119[DD 2016-02-02 21:57:36] [p2pdevicestub.cpp:305@Connect] path /fi/w1/wpa_supplicant1/Interfaces/1/Peers/aeb57d5ead2121:58
mhall119[DD 2016-02-02 21:57:36] [miracastservice.cpp:298@OnDeviceStateChanged] Device state changed: address ae:b5:7d:5e:ad:21 new state association21:58
mhall119[DD 2016-02-02 21:57:36] [networkmanager.cpp:177@StartConnectTimeout]21:58
mhall119[DD 2016-02-02 21:57:36] [p2pdevicestub.cpp:127@OnGONegotiationFailure]21:58
mhall119[DD 2016-02-02 21:57:36] [networkmanager.cpp:423@OnGroupOwnerNegotiationFailure] peer /fi/w1/wpa_supplicant1/Interfaces/1/Peers/aeb57d5ead2121:58
mhall119[DD 2016-02-02 21:57:36] [miracastservice.cpp:298@OnDeviceStateChanged] Device state changed: address ae:b5:7d:5e:ad:21 new state failure21:58
mhall119seems like maybe it doesn't like my roku21:58
mhall119which does say that screen mirroring is a beta feature21:59
mhall119so, maybe it's just my TV21:59
mhall119which would be disappointing22:07
mzanetti_Saviq, resubmitted: https://code.launchpad.net/~mzanetti/unity8/edgebarrier-click-transparent/+merge/28480622:18
Saviqmzanetti_, tx22:20
mzanetti_Saviq, I've updated the silo22:20
Saviqmterry, we've magic options on MouseArea and MultiPointTouchArea to deal with that22:20
mhall119jhodapp: do you know if the phone will act like a touchpad/keyboard when connected via aethercast, or does it just literally mirror the display?22:20
mzanetti_Saviq, yeah, but if you need both, you need two of them. not sure if a custom evenfilter in a simple QObject wouldn't be better22:21
mterrySaviq, I see tthe one on MultiPoint, but not on MouseArea.  Looks like I have to stack them?22:21
mterrymzanetti_, I just went with the stacked MouseArea way.  You think the eventfilter is cleaner?22:22
mzanetti_well, it's not many of them... so... either works for me I guess22:22
Saviqmzanetti_, we probably should make it easier in our SDK, have a component that will do both and let you decide what to do on each22:23
mzanetti_thinking if there are other areas where we need to use stacked areas... if we use that more often I'd definitely create some sort of mousearea that has different signals for both22:23
Saviqmterry, kalikiana had a talk about that on FOSDEM https://fosdem.org/2016/schedule/event/converged_desktop_experience/ - there's a link to the slides22:25
Saviqpage 1222:25
jhodappmhall119, it'll act exactly like it does via HDMI today, it'll mirror the virtual display port that shows a full desktop in convergence mode23:03
mhall119jhodapp: awesome, that means I'll be able to go full convergence without cables or accessories23:55

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!