=== cpaelzer is now known as cpaelzer_afk
=== marcoceppi_ is now known as marcoceppi
=== rww is now known as rw
=== meetingology` is now known as meetingology
=== cpaelzer_afk is now known as cpaelzer
=== cpaelzer_ is now known as cpaelzer
=== kickinz1 is now known as kickinz1-sprint
=== kickinz1 is now known as kickinz1-sprint
=== cpaelzer_ is now known as cpaelzer_afk
=== cpaelzer_afk is now known as cpaelzer_
=== cpaelzer_ is now known as cpaelzer_afk
=== cpaelzer_afk is now known as cpaelzer_
=== cpaelzer_ is now known as cpaelzer_afk
* tsimonq2 is a little nervous that he might not get home in time (although I usually get home at 21:45 UTC, roads are bad) so keep that in mind :)11:57
=== cpaelzer_afk is now known as cpaelzer_
=== ddellav_ is now known as ddellav
=== sergiusens_ is now known as sergiusens
=== cpaelzer_ is now known as cpaelzer_afk
=== cpaelzer_afk is now known as cpaelzer_
* xnox starts to frantically shuffle papaers16:00
* slangasek waves16:01
meetingologyMeeting started Thu Feb  4 16:01:27 2016 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.16:01
meetingologyAvailable commands: action commands idea info link nick16:01
* genii makes a large pot of coffee 16:01
slangasek[TOPIC] Lightning round16:02
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Lightning round
slangasek$ echo $(shuf -e barry doko bdmurray slangasek caribou infinity sil2100 robru cyphermox pitti tdaitx xnox chiluk)16:02
slangasektdaitx pitti slangasek doko infinity barry caribou xnox sil2100 chiluk robru bdmurray cyphermox16:02
slangasektdaitx: hello!16:02
cyphermoxI lost :(16:02
pittisooo close!16:03
* pitti tosses a candy towards tdaitx16:03
slangasekpitti: ok, go ahead :)16:04
pittici train sprint:16:05
pitti - fought way too long with trying to deploy to Canonistack (lcy01 is broken, no response to STS ticket; lcy02 timing out)16:05
pitti - fought way too long with mojo and trying to deploy to juju-local; got a working rollout at last, updated lots of missing details on the https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/Development; reproduced again in clean VM16:05
pitti - implement proper log rotation in bileto, land bileto charm fix16:05
pitti - Investigate flipping between running and approved; identified and fixed at least one reason (#1537866)16:05
pitti - Further debug arm64 breakage in scalingstack; making some progress, but still blocked by #153176816:05
pitti - Investigate broken ppc64el xenial cloud images (#1541757)16:05
pitti - openvpn: Apply script-security hack from init.d script to the .service (#1454725)16:05
pitti - python-distutils-extra: Some bug fixes, modernize packaging16:05
pitti - schroot: Test/upload Tyler's patch for fixing recursive bind mounts in schroot (#1430557)16:05
pitti - systemd: Make package build and tests work against upstream master (preparation for hooking this into upstream git PRs)16:05
pitti - systemd: merge with Debian, fix /run/lock regression (#1541775)16:05
pitti - Review caribou's rsyslog merge, discuss cleaning it up, sponsor16:05
pitti - Review/comment supported-build-depends proposal16:05
pitti - ongoing: Consistently use /etc/adjtime for UTC vs. LOCAL, grep archive for catching all of it (#1541532)16:05
slangasek * merges: shadow now updated, clearing one of the oldest merges off the list and adding a systemd unit to its upstart job16:06
slangasek  * and dh_systemd still makes me angry16:06
slangasek * working on standing up .deb based images for rpi2 to go with the snappy images for this cycle16:06
slangasek * presentation prep work for the snappy sprint in 2 weeks16:06
slangasek * discussions around the creation of the preinstalled snappy images and infrastructure needed16:06
slangasek * still on baby watch16:06
dokowhat is wrong with dh_systemd?16:06
doko- FOSDEM, free java room16:07
doko- following the unannounced openmpi transition16:07
doko- netcdf transition16:07
doko- llvm-3.8, fix ftbfs, prepare for transitin16:07
doko- removed last references to ruby2.1, removed now.16:07
doko- python3.4 removal still waits for numpy to migrate.16:07
doko- binutils update16:07
doko- prepare gccgo-6, (with go 1.6 support)16:07
slangasekdoko: it should have been a minor extension to dh_installinit16:07
barryno infinity?16:07
pittislangasek: FWIW, /etc/init/passwd.conf would more efficiently transition to a tmpfiles.d/ snippet than a .service calling rm16:07
slangasekand it should have been done as part of debhelper instead of an add-on that now everyone has to build-depend on separately for the default init system16:07
barrydebian bug #81111016:07
ubottuDebian bug 811110 in wnpp "ITP: dirtbike -- convert installed Python packages to wheels" [Wishlist,Fixed] http://bugs.debian.org/81111016:07
slangasekpitti: ah, thanks for the hint16:08
pittislangasek: (let's talk off-meeting)16:08
barrypip 7.1.2, 8.0.2, 8.0.2-1 (still needs work and fixes to virtualenv)16:08
slangasekpitti: I hadn't considered tmpfiles.d being used to remove files from /etc :)16:08
barryLP: #154140716:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1541407 in apt-xapian-index (Ubuntu) "/usr/share/apt-xapian-index/update-apt-xapian-index-dbus:SyntaxError" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/154140716:08
barrylike pitti, i fought the mojo and the mojo won.16:08
barryvirtual sprint on bileto16:08
caribou Bugfix :16:09
caribou - LP #1528101 - vm.min_free_kbytes crash issues16:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1528101 in kexec-tools (Ubuntu) "ISST-LTE: kdump failed: second kernel booting hangs after /scripts/init-bottom when large min_free_kbytes value being set" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/152810116:09
caribou   Solution would be overly complex for a corner case16:09
caribou - LP #1534106 - rsyslog segfault with juju16:09
caribou   merged rsyslog 8.16.0-2 which should fix this16:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1534106 in rsyslog (Ubuntu) "rsyslogd crashed with SIGSEGV with juju-local configuration" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/153410616:09
caribou Development work:16:09
caribou - LP #1540537 - libvirt sponsorship16:09
caribou   WIP16:09
caribou - LP #1539483 - rsyslog merge16:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1540537 in libvirt (Ubuntu Vivid) "make ovs-vsctl not raise error if there's no portData available." [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/154053716:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1539483 in rsyslog (Ubuntu) "Please merge rsyslog 8.16.0-1 (main) from Debian unstable (main)" [Wishlist,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/153948316:09
caribou - LP: #1540491 - merge clamav16:09
caribou - Learn new git merge workflow for clamav16:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1540491 in clamav (Ubuntu) "Please merge clamav 0.99+dfsg-1 (main) from Debian stable" [Wishlist,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/154049116:09
caribou ☑ Done16:09
xnox* Fiddling with s/-m32/-m31/16:10
xnox* uploaded d-i, s390-tools, choose-mirror, s390-netdevice16:10
xnox* unbroke adt tests on multipath-tools (somewhat), mysql16:10
xnox* debugging parted crashes, on lvm, on dasd - reffered to upstream contributor LP: 154151016:10
xnox* uploaded upstart (minor old bugfix upload)16:10
xnox* nodejs (with patch from previously deffered upstream fix)16:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1541510 in parted (Ubuntu) "parted crashes on lvm, on a dasd drive" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/154151016:10
xnox* systemd with shorter network names, there is now space for :vlan-id16:10
xnox* FOSDEM16:10
xnox* Started nomination process for DMB - anybody wants to join?! =)16:10
sil2100- Sick with flu the whole week, productivity lowered16:11
sil2100- Landing team work, silo coordination, preparing landing e-mails16:11
sil2100- RTM Status meetings16:11
sil2100- system-image:16:11
sil2100  * Review of a community submitted device-alias merge16:11
sil2100  * Creation of the new PD-related frieza channels16:11
sil2100  * Helping debugging some local s-i servers for the community16:11
sil2100- OTA-9.5:16:11
sil2100  * Preparing snapshot, creating first semi-candidate image16:11
sil2100  * Work on scheduling and importing the new custom and device tarballs16:11
sil2100  * Bug triaging, chasing upstreams16:11
sil2100- +1-maintenance and patch piloting16:11
slangasekxnox: -m31 - augh?16:11
sil2100  * Merge denemo from Debian per sponsoring request16:11
sil2100  * Sponsor SRU for live-build16:11
sil2100  * Publish doko's multi-arch changes for some CI Train projects16:11
barrysil2100: i saw your mp, will get to it when i can16:11
sil2100  * Looking into one livecd-rootfs review16:11
sil2100- Landing Team tools:16:11
sil2100  * Changes to the issue tracker for better blocker tracking for OTA purposes16:11
sil2100  * New small helper script additions16:11
sil2100  * Fixing the snapshotting script to workaround issue with packages from private builders16:11
xnoxslangasek, because lib32* packages do not come for free =) well, at least 2 did not.16:12
sil2100- Different MP reviews (most related to touch)16:12
caribouxnox: do you think that adding zfcpdump to kdump-config be useful ?16:12
xnoxslangasek, they had -m64 packages, but no -m31 packages.16:12
xnoxcaribou, YES!16:12
sil2100barry: \o/ thanks, it's still WIP paused until this crazy milestone is done but I'd like someone to take a look at it in the meantime16:12
* doko forgot 30 multiarchifications 16:12
xnoxcaribou, that's the only way to get a dump out of those things.16:12
caribouxnox: I'll see what can be done; we already implemented firmware assisted dumps for Power816:13
slangasekxnox: what packages ?  we haven't agreed to do any engineering work to enable -m31 builds...  is this upstream in Debian?16:13
xnoxslangasek, let's talk after meeting.16:13
chiluksounds like my turn then.16:13
chiluk- Requested security team put comments on the launchpad bugs when SRU's are pulled from -proposed due to CVEs.  This is all due to CVE confusion in #1527062.  The kernel team may need to modify their scripts accodingly as well.16:13
chiluk- Other than that mostly non-public support casework this week.16:13
robru* coaching pitti, barry, bdmurray in ci-train/bileto bugfixing for sprint this week16:14
robru* prepped bugs, organizing priorities and pointing out where in code to work on fixes16:14
robru* reviewing & merging the copious amounts of work done by pitti, barry, bdmurray this week16:14
robru* many, many, many iterations on the deployment instructions so that you can almost, sorta, kinda, deploy ci-train into canonistack.16:14
bdmurraymodified mojo spec to use the dse version of cassandra and testing it16:14
bdmurrayinvestigation into 16.04 retrace failures for seb12816:14
bdmurrayuploaded whoopsie to Xenial (doko's multiarch changes)16:14
bdmurrayreported that Supported time frame for xenial packages is wrong16:14
bdmurrayubuntu-release-upgrader merge proposal review and testing for LP: #15388016:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 153880 in texlive-base (Ubuntu) "Update manager hangs during install from Feisty to Gutsy" [Undecided,Expired] https://launchpad.net/bugs/15388016:14
bdmurrayuploaded ubuntu-release-upgrader to Xenial16:14
bdmurrayworked on creating a snap for a WeMo server16:15
bdmurrayprep for bileto sprint16:15
bdmurraybileto sprint (LP: #1488956, LP: #1530870, LP: #1541258)16:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1488956 in Bileto "Lander IRC nickname should be fetched from Launchpad" [Wishlist,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/148895616:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1530870 in CI Train [cu2d] "Ticket's published_versions should state series information" [Wishlist,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/153087016:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1541258 in CI Train [cu2d] "Stop writing useless files." [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/154125816:15
bdmurray✔ done16:15
cyphermox- [MIR] appstream review16:15
cyphermox- [MIR] fwupd review16:15
cyphermox- [MIR] s390-tools review16:15
cyphermox- [Misc] sablecc update16:15
cyphermox- [trusty] multipath-tools on LVM (bug lp:#1540401)16:15
cyphermox- [trusty] libaudit openssh/shadow verification (bug lp:#1478087)16:15
cyphermoxadvance warning, prepare for the bug link flood...16:15
cyphermox- [trusty] ubiquity merge from jderose (bug lp:#1539266)16:15
cyphermox- [trusty] multipath/parted bugfixes (bug lp:#1432062, bug lp:#1473903, bug lp:#1486370, bug lp:#1496210, bug lp:#1503286, bug lp:#1526984, bug lp:#1536008, bug lp:#1538775)16:15
cyphermox- [vivid] NetworkManager backport16:15
slangasekbdmurray: I think I pushed the merge for the xenial support time frame, is that fixed now in the metadata?16:15
cyphermox... or not?16:16
cyphermox  - backporting IPv6 support for broadband modems16:16
cyphermox- [xenial] s390-tools upload16:16
cyphermox  - removed Build-Depends on libsysfs16:16
cyphermox- [xenial] multipath-tools bugfix (bug lp:#1540660)16:16
cyphermox  - also fix rebuilds and add autopkgtest16:16
cariboucyphermox: lp# w/o a space is not picked up16:16
* cyphermox fixes his sed+xslt16:16
slangasekany questions?16:16
caribouI got one for AOB16:17
slangasekrobru: would you like to give any more detail about this week's vsprint?16:17
bdmurrayslangasek: hmm, I'm not seeing support at all16:18
slangasekbdmurray: we're talking about the metadata in the Packages file, right?16:18
robruslangasek: sorry I forgot to prep notes last night so that was written in a hurry16:19
slangasekbdmurray: it's possible my merge broke it, since it landed this week (after discussion on #ubuntu-release last week)... is there a bug #?16:19
slangasekrobru: well, I'm just asking if you want to talk about how it's going... not read from notes :)16:19
robruslangasek: many many bugs fixed, lemme see: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bileto/+bug/1488956 https://bugs.launchpad.net/cupstream2distro/+bug/1530870 https://bugs.launchpad.net/bileto/+bug/1513649 https://bugs.launchpad.net/bileto/+bug/1538717 https://bugs.launchpad.net/bileto/+bug/1538716 https://bugs.launchpad.net/bileto/+bug/153871816:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1488956 in Bileto "Lander IRC nickname should be fetched from Launchpad" [Wishlist,Fix released]16:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1530870 in CI Train [cu2d] "Ticket's published_versions should state series information" [Wishlist,Fix released]16:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1513649 in Bileto "Warn when publishing to vivid and destination PPA field is left blank" [Undecided,Fix released]16:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1538717 in Bileto "implement log rotation for iterate.py" [Undecided,Fix released]16:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1538716 in Bileto "Needs a clickable index of static files." [Undecided,Fix released]16:20
bdmurrayslangasek: I noticed via apt-cache show but imagine that looks at the Packages file. Checking another system after running apt-get update the Supported info disappeared16:20
robruslangasek: it's going really well, the guys are picking things up quick, I'm quite pleased with how fast everything's gone. all the prep last week is paying off for sure16:21
slangasekbdmurray: ok, very likely that it somehow managed to regress then.  If there's no bug open, let's take it to #ubuntu-release for discussion after (and find somebody who can tell me where I can find the output of the script)16:21
bdmurrayslangasek: no bug, sounds fine16:21
slangasekrobru: cool.  getting close to having an actually reliably deployable development environment from mojo? :)16:21
pittislangasek: the instructions work now; it still needs to run mojo two or three times, but just that16:22
robruslangasek: close to as good as it's going to get. what makes it difficult is that a) canonistack is really slow and flaky, and b) the amount of creds required is staggering and creating them all new is a royal pain16:22
slangasekpitti: because of canonistack reliability problems?16:22
robruslangasek: yep16:23
pittiyeah, forget canonistack16:23
* slangasek nods16:23
pittislangasek: I meant in juju-local16:23
slangasekrobru: right, but I assume the creds stuff can be done once per developer?16:23
pittiI tried about 10 to 15 times, it always times out16:23
robrupitti: oh you got juju local working? last I heard you switched to canonistack because of some issue16:23
slangasekpitti: so it takes 2-3 runs even for local?16:23
robruslangasek: true, each developer can re-use their own creds16:23
pittiI set up a new LP account with a new GPG and SSH key; that part is by far the most work16:23
pittias it needs lots of veriifcation emails, uploading a new key, etc.16:24
pittislangasek: yeah, there are some juju-local bugs16:24
pittilike, the juju agent often doesn't finish installation, and it's stuck forever in "waiting for agent to run"16:24
slangasekI wonder if it would make sense to omit the LP integration pieces from the devel setup, and just mock it somehow16:24
slangasekpitti: ah, doh16:24
slangasekanyway, cool - glad to hear you've got it down to "just" juju bugs and creds :)16:25
pittiso killing those broken machines and re-running works16:25
robruslangasek: I'm not sure how that would even look. it's very tightly coupled to lp, from interacting with PPAs to querying lplib about packages and stuff.16:25
pittiI guess for robru it's fine to use his own LP user and creds16:26
pittibut I don't want to create a password-less GPG user for my account16:26
slangasekrobru: I mean for the ppa interaction part.  Querying lplib about packages in the main archive should still work the same.  OTOH, being tightly coupled to LP is a good thing, it means you don't have too many wheels reinvented :)16:26
pittilp:~pitti can do too much damage everywhere :)16:26
robrupitti: I used my own because I wasn't bothered by the issue where you need a passwordless gpg in order to be able to sign packages; I just do builds in staging rather than use my own deployment16:26
slangasekpitti: pretty sure robru's account also has privileges in places, and that he was aiming for core-dev...16:26
slangasek[TOPIC] AOB16:27
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: AOB
slangasekanything else today?16:27
pittiso, it's set then -- robru will charm up Launchpad, we can roll it out into two more containers16:28
barrypitti: agreed16:28
* pitti runs away really fast to evade the bullets16:28
robruslangasek: yeah my account has lots of access but the thing is that I didn't associate a passwordless gpg key with my account as is required for a fully functioning deployment16:28
slangasekrobru: right, that's fine then16:28
caribouthere is a request to backport the mstflint version in Xenial to the other stable releases as it becomes inoperatable with newer hardware from mellanox16:28
slangasekcaribou: sounds to me like an appropriate hardware enablement SRU16:28
pittiI hope today we can finish the web-clicky version of "retry my failed tests in a silo"16:29
caribouthere is quite a gap b/w trusty's version and Xenial16:29
caribouslangasek: what's the best approach for the SRU : a massive debdiff b/w the two versions ?16:29
slangasekcaribou: does it carry risk of regression for other hardware, though, and if so how will it be validated?  Maybe it's better to put it in trusty as a parallel package?16:29
caribouslangasek: parallel package as in -backports ?16:30
caribouslangasek: right now, the ones pushing for this the harder are Mellanox themselves16:30
slangasekcaribou: I mean package it under a different name (mstflint-4 or mstflint-why-cant-hardware-interfaces-be-stable)16:31
slangasek-backports would seem ok to me as well16:31
cariboumstfint-4 could be a valid solution, we'll investigate that16:31
caribouslangasek: ok, thanks!16:32
slangasekwhat else?16:32
bdmurrayIt's EoL day right?16:33
slangasekyes and no16:33
slangasekyes for desktop and server, no for snappy and phone :)16:33
slangasekbdmurray: did you already flip meta release?16:33
pittioh, schroot removal o'clock!16:34
pittimore seriously, what about running vivid autopkgtests? I figure we still need them for the phone16:34
barrypitti: indeed :)16:34
pittiwe just won't get any updated cloud images any more16:34
bdmurrayslangasek: No, I was having issues upgrading from T to W but will today. Oh, that's interesting I was working on rejejct crashes from 15.04 but then what about the phone...16:34
slangasekpitti, bdmurray: we ought not change anything on the infrastructure side for vivid right now16:35
pittiOOI, is there a timeline for migrating to wily or xenial?16:35
xnoxpitti, hardware EOL?16:35
slangasekpitti: I don't have any timeline16:36
xnoxpitti, cause like armhf abi breaks in qdouble, and c++11 abi are hard to "upgrade" to.16:36
pittixnox: right, but that problem won't become any easier with time passing16:36
pittii. e. with pre-built apps in the store16:37
xnoxpitti, right, but e.g. hopefully one day all things become arm64, with a hard/good qdouble and c++11 abi.16:37
xnox(and hopefully we will not have c+=14 abi problem)16:38
pittithat sounds like vivid super-LTS16:38
slangasekpitti: it is an issue that we should keep pressing on, and not just wait until all of the armhf devices are EOL16:38
slangasekI'd suggest ubuntu-phone for that :)16:38
pittiwell, potentially we could upload the rest of vivid to the overlay PPA, and that then becomes the "full" vivid-touch archive?16:39
xnox\o/ problem solved16:40
pittiwell, not really16:40
pittibut we could at least drop vivid from /ubuntu16:40
slangasekvivid is staying where it is16:40
pittisomeone still needs to provide updates for the touch-y packages16:40
slangasekand this is not the meeting to discuss this :)16:41
pittiok, so I'll keep everything running16:41
slangasekpitti: alright, great :)16:42
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Thu Feb  4 16:42:45 2016 UTC.16:42
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2016/ubuntu-meeting.2016-02-04-16.01.moin.txt16:42
slangasekthanks, all!16:42
bdmurrayslangasek: to be clear, keep accepting crashes from vivid but set unsupported in the meta-release file?16:42
pittithanks all!16:42
slangasekbdmurray: yes16:42
slangasekbdmurray: if that's ok / works ?16:43
bdmurrayslangasek: the retracers are keeping up w/ the load so sure16:43
xnoxslangasek, bdmurray didn't we "oversupport" quantal or some such too? because there was a cloud of some sort.16:44
bdmurrayxnox: Not that I recall and we wouldn't have gotten automatic crashes from that setup.16:44
slangasekbdmurray: right - and if they weren't keeping up with the load, that would mean we need more retracers to handle the reports from things our users are still running :)16:44
bdmurrayslangasek: just because they are still running it doesn't mean we are fixing those crashes...16:45
slangasekbdmurray: true; but the phone team is still supporting 15.0416:52
bdmurrayslangasek: right I was being pedantic about "things our users are still running" - crashes from Saucy aren't useful16:55
=== kickinz1-sprint is now known as kickinz1|afk
dholbachHello everybody!17:00
dholbach#startmeeting CC meeting17:00
meetingologyMeeting started Thu Feb  4 17:00:41 2016 UTC.  The chair is dholbach. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.17:00
meetingologyAvailable commands: action commands idea info link nick17:00
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | CC meeting | Current topic:
dholbach#chair belkinsa czajkowski hggdh sgclark mhall119 marcoceppi17:01
meetingologyCurrent chairs: belkinsa czajkowski dholbach hggdh marcoceppi mhall119 sgclark17:01
dholbachalmost the entire CC :)17:01
dholbachhow are we all doing? :)17:01
belkinsaDoing well.  Thanks for asking.17:01
mhall119trying to blame being tired on jetlag, but the timeline isn't in my favor there17:01
hggdhlife is good :-)17:01
sgclarkallergies :(17:01
dholbachmhall119: I'm with you on that one :)17:02
* dholbach hugs sgclark17:02
czajkowskipesky timezones :)17:02
dholbachso we're meeting the Xubuntu team... do we have anyone from the team here?17:02
mhall119pleia2: ?17:02
mhall119although, I think she's at linux.conf.au this week17:03
* micahg is here, but hasn't been doing much with Xubuntu lately17:03
dholbachjust pinging folks in #xubuntu-devel right now17:04
* genii makes more coffee17:05
dholbachI would suggest we wait a few mins - and then move on to the Ubuntu Studio team if we can't find anyone17:06
* belkinsa nods17:06
* hggdh finishes current coffee brew, and prepares another17:06
dholbachcan anyone ping a few ubuntu studio people already? :)17:06
mhall119or we can start with studio first if there's someone here for it17:07
mhall119and then try XUbuntu again after17:07
dholbachsure, that'd work for me as well17:07
belkinsadholbach, Ubuntu Studio pinged in their channel.17:08
mhall119zequence: are you around for the Ubuntu Studio catchup meeting?17:08
dholbachthanks belkinsa17:08
belkinsaNot a problem.17:09
mhall119perhaps we need to go back to sending reminder emails 24 hours in advance17:10
dholbachyeah :-/17:10
mhall119or setting up a shared calendar with invites17:10
mhall119so folks get a notification17:10
belkinsaThat could work.17:11
* sgclark nods17:11
dholbachis there anyone who woud like to take a look at setting this up?17:12
mhall119I will17:12
sgclarkSure I will17:12
sgclarkmhall119: you do enough  :)17:12
Rosco2Hi - I am from Ubuntu Studio17:12
mhall119doesn't feel like it :/17:12
belkinsaRosco2, prefect, thank you!17:12
mhall119sgclark: let's work together on it then17:12
sgclarkI know the feeling17:12
belkinsaSame here.17:13
sgclarkmhall119: sounds good :)17:13
dholbachthanks a lot mhall119, sgclark!17:13
dholbachthanks Rosco2!17:13
dholbach#topic Catching up with the Ubuntu Studio team17:13
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | CC meeting | Current topic: Catching up with the Ubuntu Studio team
dholbachRosco2: how are you doing? :)17:13
Rosco2There is still time for zequence to join at half past17:13
Rosco2First time I have joined one of these17:14
mhall119Rosco2: yeah, we didn't have anyone from Xubuntu here so we're starting Studio earlier than planned17:14
dholbachRosco2: great to have you :-)17:14
dholbachhow are things in the Ubuntu Studio world?17:14
Rosco2We are in a transition with zequence soon to be replaced with Set17:15
Rosco2as new Lead17:15
Rosco2hopefullt Set joins too17:16
dholbachah cool... have you been working together for a while already?17:16
Rosco2I have only been around for a couple of cycles17:17
dholbachWhich part of Ubuntu Studio are you most interested in?17:17
Rosco2I currently maintain some packages in Debian17:18
mhall119a couple of cycles is a decent amount of time invested :) We're happy you've been around this long17:18
Rosco2So helping with syncs/merges SRUs - bug triage etc17:18
belkinsaYes, and maybe enough to apply for your Membership/17:18
Rosco2I have volunteered to be Test Lead17:19
dholbachRosco2: nice... has somebody been sponsoring your upload for you up until now?17:19
Rosco2So the first big thing is to help with the release17:19
Rosco2I have not had that many uploads in Ubuntu17:20
dholbachHow are things looking so far for 16.04?17:20
Rosco2And quite a few different sponsors17:20
dholbachExcellent! :-)17:20
Rosco2From my part - looking good17:21
mhall119Rosco2: have you considered applying for Ubuntu Membership?17:21
Rosco2We have been working with flocculant to get some manuaæ test cases on the QA tracker17:21
mhall119as belkinsa mentioned, you've been around long enough for it, and I'm sure you can get testimonials from other members in Ubuntu Studio17:21
mhall119hello sakrecoer17:22
czajkowskiRosco2: excellent17:22
belkinsaRosco2, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership17:22
belkinsaFor info on the Membership.17:22
Rosco2Thanks - I will look into it17:22
belkinsaNot a problem.17:22
* mhall119 sees you've also been active in gramps, I love that program17:22
flocculantczajkowski: they did good with the testcases :)17:23
Rosco2Gramps is what got me started17:23
belkinsaRosco2, have you and the team ran into any problems in this cycle?17:23
dholbachdo you have still many things you need to get done for 16.04?17:23
belkinsaThis cycle = 16.04.17:25
Rosco2We have not been very ambitious with new features this cycle17:25
dholbachSo I guess a lot of package updates and stabilisation?17:26
Rosco2But Set has been working to sort out artwork etc17:26
mhall119Rosco2: is that from lack of time/resources, or lack of confidence?17:26
Rosco2Resources I would say17:26
mhall119what's the plan for increasing that? Do you need help with recruitment or promotion?17:27
Rosco2There are many of us that are in the Studio team but also have other interests17:27
mhall119^^ that's a question for anyone involved in Studio, not just Rosco217:27
dholbachis the rt kernel still being used for ubuntu studio?17:27
Rosco2I think low latency kernel17:28
dholbachah sorry, yes17:28
dholbachand the work with the kernel team is going smoothly on that one?17:28
Rosco2But zequence & ovenworks know the moost about that17:28
dholbachok -I know that it was a source of problems in the past, but it's probably no issue anymore :)17:29
Rosco2Zequence wrote me that things were pretty smooth17:29
dholbachexcellent - let us know if we can ever help with anything17:29
dholbachwhere do you currently get the most feedback from ubuntu studio users?17:29
Rosco2Things are pretty quiet on -user17:30
sakrecoerpromotion would be very handy. we are putting emphasis on PR. cfhowlett has helped me with that.17:30
sakrecoerthe feedback is coming in from various channels. i' affraid facebook takes a big chunk of that space17:31
czajkowskiflocculant: excellent17:31
dholbachare you happy with the feedback you've been getting in the last time?17:32
mhall119sakrecoer: Facebook has the most eyeballs, so that's not surprising17:32
sakrecoeri'm not ancient enough to say if it is more or less feedback. but i hear from zequence that he noted a raise in the average activity/interaction17:33
dholbachok, cool17:34
mhall119our of curiousity, what do you guys use most for your regular team communication, is it IRC, emails, something else?17:34
sakrecoeri would say mailing list, then irc.17:34
dholbachdo you have anything you'd like the CC to help you with? or any questions you have for us?17:35
dholbachbecause I have run out of questions now :-)17:35
Rosco2I have nothing17:35
mhall119How does your team feel about the overall direction that Ubuntu is taking and how Studio fits into that?17:35
sakrecoer:) we could need a hand with promotion, especially on recruiting team-members17:35
dholbachdoes ubuntu studio have a page on community.ubuntu.com? maybe we could add something there17:36
sakrecoerit is difficult to speak for the hole team, but i think everyone involved and active is pretty happy about the project17:36
czajkowskithat's really good to hear17:36
czajkowskibut also if you do have any items we can help just let us know17:37
dholbachyes, the door's always open :)17:37
sakrecoerthe documentation needs update in many areas.17:37
mhall119sakrecoer: as for helping with promotion, we can re-share things on FB, Twittere and G+ if you let us know about them17:37
mhall119"we" being dholbach and myself17:37
flocculantwelcome to ubuntu land :p17:38
flocculantdoesn't it always :)17:38
dholbachand keep up the good work! :)17:38
mhall119that's the one consistent trait when it comes to documentation, it always needs to be updated :)17:38
sakrecoerfor example, it is difficult to find a comprehensive howto, on how to pull in the ubuntustudio packages into another ubuntu flavour.17:38
dholbachyou could ask a question like that on ubuntu-devel@lists.u.c - I'm sure there are folks who could help you with that17:39
sakrecoerdetails like that, that we can sort out on our own, but being few makes it complicated: hence PR on team recruiting would do miracles, i believe17:39
dholbachright :)17:39
sakrecoerdholbach, i will try that :)17:39
dholbachjust give us a ping17:39
mhall119sakrecoer: in the past we've had success by dedicating a specific hour or two on a specific day to being on IRC and helping new contributors get started. If people know when and where you will be, they tend to come :)17:39
dholbachthanks a lot sakrecoer and Rosco2!17:39
dholbachsgclark, marcoceppi, czajkowski, mhall119, belkinsa, hggdh: any more questions from you?17:40
Rosco2cheers all17:40
hggdhnone from me17:40
sgclarknone from me17:40
mhall119not from me17:40
hggdhRosco2, sakrecoer: tahnk you for your work17:40
mhall119thank you all and keep up the fantastic work on Ubuntu Studio17:41
sgclarkthanks for your work17:41
dholbach#topic Catching up with the Xubuntu team17:41
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | CC meeting | Current topic: Catching up with the Xubuntu team
dholbachhello flocculant - how are you doing?17:41
dholbachanyone else from the Xubuntu team?17:41
flocculantok thanks17:42
dholbachhow are things in the Xubuntu team?17:42
flocculantok thanks - not much change anyway :)17:43
dholbachso you're stabilising things for the LTS?17:43
flocculantoh - krytarik is about but hiding ...17:43
flocculantdholbach: we're trying :D17:43
dholbachkrytarik: welcome :)17:43
krytarikHi. :P17:43
flocculantthe software centre change or not change isn't helping tbh17:44
mhall119flocculant: having any problems with getting things stabilized?17:44
dholbachflocculant: are you in touch with the desktop team about this?17:44
flocculantit would be nice to know if *you* are changing so we have something to base our decision on17:44
flocculantdholbach: ochosi is - and I'm in channel following too17:44
mhall119afaik the Unity desktop will be changing17:44
sgclarkthey are changing as I  understand17:45
flocculantthough recent discussions didn't appear too positive - so ...17:45
flocculantsgclark: well yes - but if you see discussions - not quite so clear cut17:45
mhall119flocculant: willcooke should be able to give you a definitive answer17:45
flocculanttbh - if usc is still there - we might just still use it anyway17:45
mhall119flocculant: did Xubuntu use USC previously?17:45
sgclarkok, guess I missed them sorry17:45
dholbachright, that makes sense17:45
flocculantsgclark: I tend to watch the channel for chat on it :)17:46
dholbachif you want we can put you in touch and maybe help with organising a catchup with the desktop folks and make sure you're aware of new developments17:46
mhall119the downside is that USC doesn't support the new Snappy store17:46
flocculantdholbach: I think that we're talking to them anyway about it17:46
sgclarksounds like a good move forward dholbach17:46
dholbachflocculant: ok... if you're in touch already, that's great17:47
mhall119flocculant: are they aware that the uncertainty is causing the Xubuntu team problems?17:47
dholbachI just wanted to make sure that communication is at least going fine17:47
flocculantthe fonts-droid thing is the latest - oh god really :| thing :)17:47
flocculantdholbach: yep - we're cool17:47
flocculantour current position is "<ochosi> bluesabre, knome: cant we raise our concern with the LTS->LTS upgrade path? i mean if they at least keep the pkg around for another cycle that'd be great, and maintenance for a font package is zerrrro"17:48
dholbachhum... isn't there a drop-in replacement for the package?17:48
dholbachthat's at least how I understood the discussion17:48
flocculantyea and it looks rather meh to us17:49
flocculantso we're in the middle of trying to decide what to do about that as well17:49
mhall119was droid-fonts used in the default Xubuntu setup?17:50
dholbachit might be a good idea to follow up on the thread and point out that the replacement doesn't work so well for Xubuntu17:50
dholbachjust so others start looking at it too17:50
flocculantyep - that's all being discussed currently - we're not likely to post anywhere pre-emptively17:50
flocculantother than me telling you all :D17:50
flocculantwhich leaves our main problem this cycle to last ;)17:51
flocculantwhich we've been trying to get sorted for quite some time now17:52
dholbachso slangasek is not authoritative enough? or what's the problem?17:52
dholbachor are there different opinions in the CD team about it?17:53
mhall119flocculant: is there some mis-communication going on here? Maybe having a video chat with slangasek and xnox would help clear things up17:53
dholbachor bring it up with the TB17:53
flocculantdholbach: you need to check the IRC log in the last comment17:53
dholbachflocculant: right... I didn't click on it as I wasn't sure if I was expected to read 6892048697426 lines of irc log :-)17:53
flocculantha ha ha17:53
flocculant*my* problem of course being if it lands - but lands really late - then I'll not be signing it off from QA pov17:54
flocculantI think mhall119 has had some input on it at some point17:54
mhall119I brought it back up with slangasek and team, but I don't have any input on it myself17:55
xnoxochosi, flocculant - removing a font, and using a different makes a zilch of a difference for LTS->LTS upgrade.17:55
flocculantI don't actually expect anything to get done by you all now ofc - you just want to know what's going on17:55
xnoxthus i don't see what the problem is.17:55
dholbachI would send a mail to the TB asking them to take a look at it and to help landing it soon.17:55
mhall119but I think this might just be miscommunication that could be cleared up with a real-time chat like a hangout17:55
flocculantdholbach: anyway - I'm pushed for time - those are our issues currently - everything else is ticking over nicely17:56
mhall119slangasek: xnox: Would you be up for a hangout with knome or others in Xubuntu dev to clear this up?17:56
dholbachthanks a lot for going into detail17:56
slangasekmhall119: no, that doesn't help anything17:56
slangasekthere are MPs that need reviewing17:56
flocculantxnox: afaik - the issue is the drop-in replacement doesn't look nice :) but I'm not 'arty' by any means17:56
xnoxochosi, flocculant, dholbach - two people, slangasek and myself indicated to use "desktop" for small, and "dvd" for big images. in a clear manner, with no code to follow.17:57
mhall119slangasek: reviewed by whom?17:57
slangasekmhall119: the ubuntu-cdimage team (which includes myself and infinity)17:57
xnoxslangasek, your comment https://code.launchpad.net/~unit193/ubuntu-cdimage/xubuntu-core/+merge/268167/comments/691226 is not fixed.17:57
mhall119slangasek: ok, can those get a priority bump so that the Xubuntu team has time to get their QA stuff done for the LTS release?17:57
flocculantxnox: I just brought it up for the CC - I've not the technical knowhow nor time to get into that now17:58
slangasekxnox: there were subsequent IRC discussions that you were not a part of17:58
slangasekxnox: and other MPs have been raised17:58
flocculantslangasek: that being the MATE thing?17:58
flocculantguessing ...17:58
xnoxflocculant, i think said font will drop to universe and (will rot there) =) you are free to take any artistic direction you want, and we have a tonne of packages in ubuntu, that have been removed in debian.17:58
* ogra_ thought he saw one that renamed it to xubuntu-base ... or is that unrelated ? 17:58
slangasekflocculant: yes17:58
xnoxflocculant, so if you want to keep using it.... keep using it. it's just a font.17:59
flocculantslangasek: ta :)17:59
mhall119flocculant: slangasek: ok, if you guys can keep this progressing that would be great, otherwise please bring the CC back into the discussion if things become blocked or stall17:59
xnoxslangasek, ah, ok.17:59
flocculantanyway - really got to go now - kids landing and apparently starving :)17:59
flocculantthanks dholbach et al17:59
dholbachthanks flocculant for the quick update17:59
mhall119thank you flocculant17:59
flocculantwelcome :)17:59
dholbachplease let us know if we can help18:00
flocculantyep - we know where you are :)18:00
dholbachthanks! :)18:00
dholbach#topic Any other business18:00
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | CC meeting | Current topic: Any other business
dholbachDoes anyone have any other business?18:00
mhall119not I18:00
sgclarkI have nothing at this time18:00
dholbachok cool - I have nothing to add either18:01
dholbachthanks a lot everyone and have great rest of your day! :-)18:01
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Thu Feb  4 18:01:23 2016 UTC.18:01
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2016/ubuntu-meeting.2016-02-04-17.00.moin.txt18:01
sakrecoerthank you! :)18:02
=== cpaelzer_ is now known as cpaelzer_afk
elacheche_anisAm late, sorry :(19:22
sarnoldelacheche_anis: no one's said anything for an hour and twenty minutes19:23
sarnoldelacheche_anis: was this the meeting you wanted? http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2016/ubuntu-meeting.2016-02-04-17.00.moin.txt  ?19:26
elacheche_anisNo sarnold.. It's the membership board meeting.. We have 2 meetings tonight, one by 20UTC and the other 22UTC.. I just wakked up my laptop from sleep mode and it was steel showing last night's time, so I thought I'm late x)19:31
sarnoldelacheche_anis: hooray :)19:31
=== AndrewMC` is now known as AndrewMC
wxlthere we go. now we're in the same window.21:15
=== cpaelzer_afk is now known as cpaelzer_
tsimonq2hello everybody, I'm ready when the board is21:56
tewardtsimonq2: 'when the board is' ?21:56
tsimonq2teward: membership board :P21:56
wxlteward: you shush it. this is none of your concern. now gimme all your coffee. :)21:57
marcoceppiwe'll start at the top of the hour21:57
jcastrowoo midwest!21:57
wxlsounds good21:57
elacheche_aniswxl: you share that coffee dude :D21:57
tsimonq2just got home, be back at the top of the hour :)21:57
* wxl shares teward's coffee with everyone, except for teward 21:58
* genii makes sure everyone gets a mug of coffee21:58
wxltsimonq2: you got 2 minutes.21:58
* teward steals wxl's money again21:58
geniiHi Kilos :)21:58
Kilosdont forget me21:58
* teward takes the money and invests all of it in Canonical and Ubuntu Server21:58
* teward then runs away21:58
teward(BTW, wxl and I kid around with each other all the time, pay no attention :) )21:58
* teward lurks21:58
tsimonq2out of curiosity, who from the board is here?21:59
tsimonq2Kilos: good :)22:00
wxlyeah there's a horde of us22:00
tsimonq2wxl: top of the hour!22:00
tewardthere's also the agents of evil too22:00
tsimonq2:P :D22:00
wxlk marcoceppi you're on22:00
tewardso you get their agents lurking >:D22:00
* balloons envisions raging orcs rushing towards him22:00
* teward lurks again22:00
tsimonq2teward: XD22:00
marcoceppi#startmeeting 2200 UTC Ubuntu Membership Board22:01
meetingologyMeeting started Thu Feb  4 22:01:04 2016 UTC.  The chair is marcoceppi. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.22:01
meetingologyAvailable commands: action commands idea info link nick22:01
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | 2200 UTC Ubuntu Membership Board Meeting | Current topic:
marcoceppiHello and welcome to the Ubuntu Membership Review Board for the 2200 UTC meeting for February 4, 2016.22:01
marcoceppiThe wiki page for the Review Board is available here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/Boards22:01
marcoceppiWe will attempt to get through all of the applicants that have added themselves to that list before today's meeting. If we are unable to make it through the entire list due to time constraints, then at the next meeting we will pick up where we left off.22:01
marcoceppiThe format for the meeting is as follows: We will go through the list of applicants one by one, by date of application (FIFO).22:01
marcoceppiEach applicant should introduce themselves (1-5 sentences) and provide links to their Ubuntu Wiki page. After the introduction the members of the Membership Review Board will review the pages and, if needed, ask the applicant further questions.22:01
marcoceppiDuring this time it is encouraged for other members of the community to show their support for the applicant. Do not be alarmed if the members of the Membership Review Board are quiet during this time; they are most likely reading wiki/launchpad/forum/other pages and deciding how they are going to vote.22:01
marcoceppiWhen the board is ready to vote, they will publicly vote in the channel with either +1, 0, or -1 (for membership, abstain, and against membership, respectively). If the sum of those numbers amounts to at least +1, then the applicant is now an official Ubuntu member! (feel free congratulate them!)22:01
marcoceppiSince there's only one applicant this should be a straight forward process22:02
marcoceppi#votesrequired 422:02
meetingologyvotes now need 4 to be passed22:02
marcoceppi#voters cyphermox Pendulum jared freeflying popey rickspencer3 marcoceppi Destine iulian IdleOne hggdh cwayne belkinsa PabloRubianes jcastro22:02
meetingologyWarning: Nick not in channel: Pendulum22:02
meetingologyWarning: Nick not in channel: jared22:02
meetingologyWarning: Nick not in channel: rickspencer322:02
meetingologyWarning: Nick not in channel: Destine22:02
meetingologyWarning: Nick not in channel: iulian22:02
meetingologyWarning: Nick not in channel: IdleOne22:02
meetingologyWarning: Nick not in channel: cwayne22:02
meetingologyWarning: Nick not in channel: belkinsa22:02
meetingologyCurrent voters: Destine IdleOne PabloRubianes Pendulum belkinsa cwayne cyphermox freeflying hggdh iulian jared jcastro marcoceppi popey rickspencer322:02
marcoceppi#voters Kilos22:03
meetingologyCurrent voters: Destine IdleOne Kilos PabloRubianes Pendulum belkinsa cwayne cyphermox freeflying hggdh iulian jared jcastro marcoceppi popey rickspencer322:03
marcoceppi#voters elacheche_anis22:03
meetingologyCurrent voters: Destine IdleOne Kilos PabloRubianes Pendulum belkinsa cwayne cyphermox elacheche_anis freeflying hggdh iulian jared jcastro marcoceppi popey rickspencer322:03
tsimonq2uhh wxl?22:03
marcoceppi#voters wxl22:03
meetingologyCurrent voters: Destine IdleOne Kilos PabloRubianes Pendulum belkinsa cwayne cyphermox elacheche_anis freeflying hggdh iulian jared jcastro marcoceppi popey rickspencer3 wxl22:03
wxldid we miss anyone else?22:03
marcoceppiWow that was a terrible paste job, sorry everyone22:03
Kilosone short22:04
Kilospostpone till next year22:04
wxlyes we do22:04
cyphermoxerr, not sure I should still be in the voters list22:04
wxli also heard from hggdh on irc (his vote), but he also said he'd be here22:05
tewardI was going to say there's a potential Conflict of INterest with regards to wxl voting, but he's cleared it up, obviously he knows to preempt my questions xD22:05
wxlthat conflict of interest being that i've worked directly with tsimonq2 and mentored him quite a bit22:05
wxlfor the record22:05
marcoceppiOkay, so22:05
tewardi wasn't going to voice them, i was going to eat them22:05
marcoceppiNow, without any further ado, lets get started with the first applicant...22:05
marcoceppi#subtopic tsimonq222:06
marcoceppi#topic tsimonq222:06
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | 2200 UTC Ubuntu Membership Board Meeting | Current topic: tsimonq2
tsimonq2(let me know when to jump in :) )22:06
marcoceppitsimonq2: please introduce yourself and supply us links to your application/wiki and lp!22:06
* wxl hands the microphone to tsimonq2 22:06
tsimonq2Wiki Page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/tsimonq2 , Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/~tsimonq2 , Ubuntu US Wisconsin LoCo Team Wiki Page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WisconsinTeam22:06
tsimonq2My name is Simon Quigley (tsimonq2) and I am from Wisconsin, USA. I am currently 13 years old(I turn 14 in March of 2016). I have been interested in computers for the past few years, and I started using Ubuntu in February 2015. My contributions started in late July after asking a question on a Lubuntu IRC channel and meeting friendly people. My forms of contribution include but are not limited to: Package and ISO QA, Ubuntu Weekly 22:06
tsimonq2I hope you look favorably upon my application for Ubuntu Membership. If you have any questions/comments/concerns please let me know. Thank you.22:06
* teward raises his hand.22:07
tewardhindsight demands me to revise my testimonial slightly22:07
tewardor rather, to clarify it slightly22:07
tewardlast-minute due to time constraints on my schedule prevented this statement.  I acknowledge tsimonq2's contributions are exceptionally substantial, and that I am not making statements to the contrary.  He has also shown substantial improvement in his professionalism.22:08
Kilosty teward22:09
tewardHowever, missing from my testimonial is that, while extrememly substantial, and 'somewhat' sustained, I would prefer to have seen slightly longer timeframe of contributions.  That said, I keep my testimonial at a +1, on a contingency of him shoing sustained contributions22:09
tewardKilos: i wasn't 100% complete, sorry22:09
teward(wxl knows this was one of my concerns previously)22:09
* wxl nods22:10
tewardI did, however, want to make that concern remain known here, with regards to my testimonial.22:10
jcastro^^^ that is pretty incredible22:10
tsimonq2thank you jcastro :P22:10
marcoceppitsimonq2: what are you looking to get into next in the community?22:11
tsimonq2marcoceppi: development. do you need elaboration on that?22:12
* balloons can tell tsimonq2 has been quite busy testing images22:12
marcoceppitsimonq2: development, like apps, phone, snaps? or just in general22:12
tsimonq2marcoceppi: I also plan on continuing existing contributions22:12
tsimonq2marcoceppi: looking at becoming a Contributing Developer22:12
tsimonq2although I am curious about snaps/Ubuntu Touch as well22:13
marcoceppithey are pretty neat, imo22:13
tsimonq2marcoceppi: maybe you can teach me XD22:13
marcoceppiany other questions for tsimonq2?22:14
* teward has one22:14
tewardthough i'm not on the MB22:14
marcoceppifeel free to ask22:15
elacheche_anisNo questions here :) teward go ahead :)22:15
tewardtsimonq2: you state that you're looking into getting into development.  A lot of development also involves bug work and triage, and I know you have some exposure to that in the ISO testing, do you plan on looking even more into bug triage as part of your development endeavors?  And if so, do you intend to look into actively helping with general bug triage as well?22:15
jcastrono questions from me, I feel like your work pretty much speaks for itself22:15
tewardI only ask, given my exposure to Server Development co-requiring bug work :P22:15
tsimonq2well I am part of the Bug Squad22:15
tsimonq2didn't put that in there :)22:15
tsimonq2teward: but one of my goals is to continue with that, yes22:15
tewardcool, I look forward to seeing you continue to excel there, and to see you continue on with your endeavors.22:16
tewardNo other questions from me :)22:16
* teward goes back into silent lurking mode22:16
tsimonq2marcoceppi: not to be pushy or anything, but I just want to make sure this was looked at: https://launchpad.net/~tsimonq2/+participation22:16
* elacheche_anis is ready to vote.22:16
marcoceppiUnless there's any other questions, lets put it to a vote!22:17
marcoceppi#vote tsimonq222:17
meetingologyPlease vote on: tsimonq222:17
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (for private voting, private message me with 'vote +1/-1/+0 #channelname)22:17
wxl+1 keep up the good work!22:17
meetingology+1 keep up the good work! received from wxl22:17
Kilos+1 keep it up laddy22:17
meetingology+1 keep it up laddy received from Kilos22:17
meetingology+1 received from elacheche_anis22:17
jcastro+1 no brainer, you're pretty awesome22:17
meetingology+1 no brainer, you're pretty awesome received from jcastro22:17
meetingology+1 received from marcoceppi22:17
meetingologyVoting ended on: tsimonq222:18
meetingologyVotes for:5 Votes against:0 Abstentions:022:18
meetingologyMotion carried22:18
balloonscongrats tsimonq2!22:18
tsimonq2thank you all :D :D :D22:18
Kilostsimonq2 welcome on board22:18
marcoceppicongrats, welcome!22:18
wxladded to members; wiki page changed22:18
wxlcongrats, tsimonq2 !22:18
elacheche_aniscongrats tsimonq222:18
tsimonq2thank you to the board :)22:18
marcoceppithis concludes the queue of applicants for today, unless there's any other business we are done22:19
Kilosty for chairing marcoceppi22:19
elacheche_anisThanks marcoceppi :)22:19
wxlthanks marcoceppi and board22:19
marcoceppithank you Kilos wxl elacheche_anis jcastro for your attendance, thank you for the testimonials, and welcome tsimonq222:19
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Thu Feb  4 22:19:52 2016 UTC.22:19
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2016/ubuntu-meeting.2016-02-04-22.01.moin.txt22:19
tsimonq2thanks marcoceppi :D22:19
wxlcan someone email uwn?22:20
wxlok i guess i'm emailing uwn since everyone's going to sleep :)22:21
marcoceppiwxl: <322:21
wxlwell you did chair, marcoceppi, so.. :)22:22
Kilosnight all22:22
* marcoceppi rumages around for that email22:22
wxlno i mean i'll do it :)22:22
wxlbesides i got it handy22:22
marcoceppiwxl: oh <322:22
tsimonq2wxl: Paul White? already knows, he pinged me on #ubuntu-news22:22
wxltsimonq2: he said he'll add you "when the membership board email arrives"22:23
PaulW2UBut UWN still needs an email :)22:23
tsimonq2wxl: ahh okay, thanks for clarifying :)22:23
elacheche_anisOne of the board members will send that :)22:24
elacheche_aniswxl marcoceppi who'll send the mail to the news team? :D Otherwise I'll send it tomorrow morning (it's almost midnight here)22:25
wxlemail sent22:25
elacheche_anisthank you boss22:25
tsimonq2hggdh: ?22:31
hggdhtsimonq2: I wanted to be in for your application22:31
tsimonq2hggdh: okay, well I got it :D22:31
hggdhtsimonq2: not that would make much of a difference, I was +1 already :-)22:31
hggdhtsimonq2: so... welcome in!22:31
tsimonq2thanks hggdh22:32
hggdhtsimonq2: believe me, the pleasure is mine (and ours, for the Membership Board)22:33
=== cpaelzer_ is now known as cpaelzer_afk

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!