=== maclin1 is now known as maclin
=== meetingology` is now known as meetingology
=== FourDollars_ is now known as FourDollars
=== sarnold_ is now known as sarnold
=== popey_ is now known as popey
=== lool- is now known as lool
=== jdstrand_ is now known as jdstrand
=== Pici` is now known as Pici
pittierr, no16:02
meetingologyMeeting started Thu Mar  3 16:02:49 2016 UTC.  The chair is pitti. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.16:02
meetingologyAvailable commands: action commands idea info link nick16:02
pitti#topic lightning round16:03
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: lightning round
pitti$ echo $(shuf -e barry doko bdmurray slangasek caribou infinity sil2100 robru cyphermox pitti tdaitx xnox chiluk)16:03
pittixnox barry pitti doko bdmurray cyphermox chiluk slangasek caribou tdaitx infinity robru sil210016:03
xnoxi win16:03
xnoxFixing d-i components:16:03
xnox- sysconfig, preseed, zipl-installer, rootskel, partman-partitioning, partman-base, debian-installer16:03
xnoxFixing bugs:16:03
xnox- bsdmainutils, console-setup16:03
xnox- pitti merged components-missmatches fix, so things16:03
xnoxbarry, there is still outstanding germinate merge?16:03
xnoxto review....16:03
xnoxalso working a lot on getting curtin to do s390x/kvm stuff.16:03
barryxnox: ack, i'll do those today16:03
xnoxMR in progress, but it's not booting things yet.16:04
* xnox is away during final beta milestone week.16:04
* xnox needs to find people who want to help out with s390x image testing....16:04
xnoxand done.16:04
barryvirtualenv 14.0.5+ds-2; python-pip 8.0.3-1; debian bug #815864 for fixing `python3.5 -m venv` (but i will have a refinement hopefully later today); syncpackage nose2 0.6.3-1; syncpackage keyrings.alt 1.1.1-116:04
ubottuDebian bug 815864 in python3.5 "python3-venv: unable to create a virtual environment" [Serious,Open] http://bugs.debian.org/81586416:04
barryLP: #1508081; system-image 3.1 boards the train.16:04
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1508081 in ubuntu-system-settings (Ubuntu) "Fails to receive OTA updates" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/150808116:04
barrydeja-dup (LP: #1551989) hold on python2 for the desktop iso should be fixed once it gets promoted.  still left, system-config-printer's transitive dep on samba-libs :(16:04
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1551989 in deja-dup (Ubuntu) "Demote deja-dup-backend-gvfs and install on demand" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/155198916:04
barryahem, performance reviews16:04
pitti - Charm up the recently added github test request support16:05
pitti - Discuss nesting of QEMU images, which enables things like installer or open-iscsi testing16:05
pitti - Fix apparmor profile on s390x16:05
pitti - Give ~canonical-kernel-distro-team the ability to (re)start autopkgtests via CGI16:05
pitti - Investigate failures of lxc and lxd runners with latest lxc/lxd, fix applied upstream now (#1551960)16:05
pitti - Split queues for ubuntu/ppa/upstream tests to avoid one starving the other two16:05
pitti - Teach LXC runner about new lxc-copy (lxc-clone and lxc-start-ephemeral are deprecated)16:05
pitti - britney: Review/merge xnox' component checking branch; disable component check for PPAs16:05
pitti - Fix kernel config/installation on our s390x autopkgtest z/VMs16:05
pitti - Set up upstream systemd PR tests on s390x16:05
pitti - resolvconf: fix upgrade failure (#1536335)16:05
pitti - systemd: More tolerant /etc/adjtime parsing (https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/2638)16:05
pitti - ubuntukylin-meta: Update from wily to xenial seeds16:05
pitti - udev: Migrate broken vmware interface names on upgrade (#1550539)16:05
pitti - udisks: bug fixing, new upstream release 2.1.7, package for D/U16:05
pitti - upstart: Fix breaks/depends cycle on upgrades (#1541914)16:05
pitti - upstart: Fix tests to fix FTBFS16:05
pitti - Investigate RTC access error on ppc64el (#1410604)16:05
pitti - Debug arm64 initramfs build issue with Oliver16:05
pittibdmurray: please go on16:05
bdmurrayfixed issues with allow_bug_filing and errors_static_url in mojo spec16:06
bdmurraytesting allow_bug_filing off / on after mojo spec run16:06
bdmurraymojo spec work (make e-t-daisy-app wait for e-t-cassandra)16:06
bdmurraymojo spec work (fixing cassandra install due to charm changes)16:06
bdmurrayerror tracker sprint preperations16:06
bdmurrayinvestigation into grep changes LP: #154746616:06
bdmurrayinvestigation into release upgrader bug LP: #155074116:06
bdmurrayuploaded popularity-contest bug fixes (LP: #1545515, LP: #1545517)16:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1547466 in grep (Ubuntu) "grep switches into binary mode while processing a text file" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/154746616:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1550741 in ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu) "Upgrade failed - unauthenticated package (module-init-tools)" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/155074116:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1545515 in popularity-contest (Ubuntu) "xenial popularity-client submits compressed reports" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/154551516:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1545517 in popularity-contest (Ubuntu) "xenial popularity-client regards successful popcon.ubuntu.com submissions as failures" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/154551716:06
bdmurrayreported popularity-contest cron.daily typo to debian16:06
bdmurray✔ done16:06
cyphermox- review s390-zfcp (bug LP: #1552218)16:06
cyphermox- multipath-tools LVM & NVMe SRUs (bug LP: #1551828)16:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1552218 in s390-zfcp (Ubuntu) "[MIR] s390-zfcp" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/155221816:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1551828 in multipath-tools (Ubuntu Trusty) "kpartx causes kernel oops when NVMe devices is not in blacklist" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/155182816:06
cyphermox- NM update FFE and testing16:06
cyphermox- add mokutil to live seed16:06
cyphermox- blacklist NVMe for multipath16:06
cyphermox - d-i iscsi initiator name (bug LP: #1540995)16:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1540995 in partman-iscsi (Ubuntu Trusty) "iSCSI volumes are not discovered during ubuntu 14.04.04 installation (Shinner)" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/154099516:06
cyphermox- debootstrap InRelease file support16:06
cyphermox- debootstrap inrelease support (bug LP: #1485511)16:06
cyphermox- debug isc-dhcp not renewing leases w/ bind9.10 (bug LP: #1551351)16:06
cyphermox- debugging network-manager DNS update16:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1485511 in debootstrap (Ubuntu) "ISST-KVM:CTE:R3-0:raing12: Base system install fails with "Debootstrap Error :Invalid Release signature (key id 40976EAF437D05B5) " using Ubuntu 15.10 latest daily build (20150805)" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/148551116:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1551351 in isc-dhcp (Ubuntu Xenial) "dhclient does not renew leases" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/155135116:06
cyphermox - discussing multipath-tools merge from Debian w/ rharper16:06
cyphermox- fix mokutil files disappearing after install16:06
cyphermox- fix ubiquity crash when non-free is disabled16:06
cyphermox- grub-installer fix for PReP installs on RAID devices (bug LP: #1550448)16:07
cyphermox- partman-iscsi intiatorName support16:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1550448 in grub-installer (Ubuntu Trusty) "[PowerVM] Ubuntu 16.04 does not install bootloader on multiple PReP partitions in Software RAID1 configuration" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/155044816:07
cyphermox - testing LVM on multipath16:07
cyphermox- testing LVM preseeding16:07
cyphermox±other stuff:16:07
cyphermox- Secure Boot discussion16:07
cyphermox- TPM setup16:07
cyphermox- a very long but productive DMB meeting16:07
cyphermox - packaging tpm2-tools & tpm2-tss16:07
cyphermox- unbreaking open-iscsi autopkgtests16:07
cyphermox- upstreaming debootstrap inrelease support16:07
cyphermox- upstreaming partman-iscsi/open-iscsi initiatorName fixes16:07
pitticyphermox: oh, wer're going to update NM again?16:07
pitticyphermox: to 1.0.10, or something majojr?16:07
cyphermox1.2, if it lands early enough16:08
chilukmy turn?16:08
pittiambitious :)16:08
pittichiluk: please16:08
chilukBug 1535349. Still needs sponsorship for coreutils.16:08
chilukA user is hitting similar issues to Bug 1012629 with preseeds, and I'm working through it.16:08
ubottubug 1535349 in coreutils (Ubuntu Trusty) "`df /dev/sda1` no longer reports information for /dev/sda1" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/153534916:08
ubottubug 1012629 in grub-installer (Ubuntu Precise) "grub-installer ignores "bootdev" setting in preseed file" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/101262916:08
caribouno slangasek I suppose16:09
caribou Short week due to two swap days16:09
caribou Bugfix :16:09
caribou - Investigate kernel crash dump on compute node :16:09
caribou   Most probably caused by conntrack dkms module. Need to identify source16:09
caribou   in order to rebuild the module.16:09
caribou - multipath patch failure on reconnect16:09
caribou   No config file used & default path_checker may be wrong16:09
caribou Development work:16:09
caribou - Sponsoring Network-Manager SRU for LP: #1515446 on wily16:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1515446 in network-manager (Ubuntu Wily) "network file systems in FSTAB no longer mount at boot with NetworkManager" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/151544616:09
caribou ☑ Done16:09
cyphermoxchiluk: I can look at your grub-installer and coreutils fixes16:09
chilukcyphermox please look at the coreutils fix first.16:10
cyphermoxor maybe that has already been done ;)16:10
chilukarges has taken a few stabs at it..16:10
chiluki'm checking to see where the upload is.16:10
chilukcyphermox, yeah coreutils still needs to be uploaded.. and then sru approved.16:11
=== Kilos- is now known as Kilos
cyphermoxtdaitx: ?16:11
chilukcyphermox fyi... It's essentially a backport of the df from vivid..16:11
chiluksince vivid seems to be working a bit more acceptably.16:11
robruno tdaitx or infinity?16:12
pittitdaitx just sent his report on teh ML16:13
pittielectricity troubles16:13
robru- fixed bug where new comment text box would clear during Ajax update16:13
robru- updated from angular 1.3 to angular 1.5 (brings performance & bug fixes16:13
robruEphemeral PPA work:16:13
robru- parallelized bzr branching and merging with asyncio coroutines, resulting in a 2x speedup16:13
robru- lots of little fixes and progress, will probably have working builds soon16:13
pittino sil2100 either16:14
pitti#topic AOB16:14
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: AOB
chilukthanks cyphermox16:14
pittiogasawara: anything from you in particular?16:14
ogasawarapitti: nope, thanks16:14
bdmurrayIs there somebody who could look at bug 1547466?16:15
ubottubug 1547466 in grep (Ubuntu) "grep switches into binary mode while processing a text file" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/154746616:15
cyphermoxthat rings a bell16:16
* tdaitx is having eletricty troubles at home and suffering from really bad wifi outside of it16:16
pittiI thought that was an intended change16:17
bdmurrayBased on upstream it is an intended change but it seems to be affecting a lot of people negatively and some builds.16:18
pittiwe've been wanting to change our buildds to default to C.UTF-8, maybe that's just the final nail in the coffin16:18
barrypitti: +116:18
cyphermoxso, notabug, fix the users?16:19
xnoxpitti, +116:19
pittiwell, not sure16:19
xnoxinfinity would be cautious.16:19
pittiwe could revert the change for xenial16:19
xnoxit would explode on upgrades, yes.16:19
cyphermoxwell, really "fix the users when they try to output UTF or binary data to a non-UTF terminal"16:19
pittibut it's more complicated than just making grep -a the default16:19
cyphermoxpitti: definitely16:20
pittias grep has had a binary detection mode all the time16:20
pittiit just got a bit stricter now apparently16:20
xnoxcyphermox, we default to UTF terminal, apart from our buildds.16:20
pitticyphermox: s/terminal/locale/16:20
cyphermoxxnox: yes16:20
pittithis affects "grep something > outputfile"16:20
pitti(i. e. not strictly bound to terminals)16:20
pittiI suppose grep checks LC_CTYPE, and if it sees an undecodable character it switches to binary mode16:21
pittibut no idea what it used before16:21
bdmurraypitti: you seem to understand the issue a fair bit, could you look into it more?16:22
pittiwell, what do we *want* to do about it?16:23
pittifinally fix our buildds? revert the change?16:23
pittibut if we revert it, we'll be stuck with it for"ever"16:23
xnoxwe do want to fix our buildds regardless.16:23
cyphermoxfix the buildds, I would think16:23
xnoxon the off-hand email from steve, he did say given "grep" issue, we should push to change buildds to utf.16:23
xnoxbut e.g. infinity is ill at the moment. So, cjwatson - would you fix our buildds to run with C.UTF-8 by default?16:24
* xnox wonders if we should have done so for the archive rebuild running now - to see how bad the fallout from that is.16:24
xnoxvs current grep fallout.16:24
pittixnox: zero, I hope -- or our stuff would be broken on UTF-8 locales which are being used on pretty much every real system out there16:25
cjwatsonYeah, it sounds like we should perhaps JFDI16:26
pittiwell, there might be some debian test suites which currently rely on C16:26
pittiso "zero" is probably too optimistic16:26
xnoxpitti, sure, the glibc test-suite will catch or some such.16:27
xnoxcjwatson, shall i file a bug report against... launchpad? lp-buildd?16:28
* xnox bets there is one already.16:28
cjwatsonlaunchpad-buildd.  we have a deployment planned soon anway16:28
pittiso until that happens, should we revert the grep behavour in the meantime?16:29
pittithat'll probably require some bisecting to find out which particular commit changed it (and how exactly)16:29
pittiif we want to do this, I can look into it16:30
cjwatsonit shouldn't take us long to deploy new buildd code, fwiw16:31
xnoxplease ack/approve https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-buildd/+bug/155279116:31
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1552791 in launchpad-buildd "please set default locale to C.UTF-8" [Undecided,Confirmed]16:31
cjwatsonprobably today/tomorrow16:31
cjwatsonack/approve> meaningless :)16:31
cyphermoxdo we cyurrently have lots of builds failing because grep?16:31
pittioh, ok -- then let's not bother16:31
xnoxwith like "affects me", "me too" comments, +1, like, heart - etc.16:31
pittiok, anything else?16:33
pittithen, thanks everyone!16:34
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Thu Mar  3 16:34:14 2016 UTC.16:34
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2016/ubuntu-meeting.2016-03-03-16.02.moin.txt16:34
cariboupitti: thanks!16:34
belkinsa#startmeeting CC Check-in Meeting17:00
meetingologyMeeting started Thu Mar  3 17:00:05 2016 UTC.  The chair is belkinsa. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.17:00
meetingologyAvailable commands: action commands idea info link nick17:00
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | CC Check-in Meeting | Current topic:
belkinsaWho is all for the Check-in Meeting for the Doc Team and QA Team?17:00
pleia2doc team o/17:00
dsmythiesI'm here.17:00
belkinsaDoc Team 17:00UTC - QA Team 17:30UTC17:00
belkinsaAny CC members?  QA Team members?17:01
belkinsaAlright, let's get started.17:02
belkinsaDoc Team, what do you have to say about what you have done for this cycle?17:02
mhall119hello everyone17:02
belkinsa#chair mhall11917:02
meetingologyCurrent chairs: belkinsa mhall11917:02
dsmythiesAs mentioned in the last couple of meetings, for the serverguide we lack subject matter expert input. The serverguide struggles to be current.17:03
hggdhbelkinsa: o/17:03
dsmythiesFor the 16.04 cycle, the issue is compounded by the significant changes introduced by the change to systemd.17:03
belkinsa#chair hggdh17:03
meetingologyCurrent chairs: belkinsa hggdh mhall11917:03
dsmythiesRecall that the serverguide is only published for LTS cycles, and server people tend to only run LTS editions. I.E. we are just discovering systemd stuff now.17:03
knomei'm on/off, we have a xubuntu meeting at the same time17:03
mhall119dsmythies: who have you had help you with this in the past?17:03
pleia2knome and I have spent a ridiculous amount of time dealing with the fact that the wiki at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ was first being spammed, and now has been locked down for 2 months17:04
pleia2with it locked down, admins have to take wiki format diffs from community members on the mailing list to make changes to pages, so much work :(17:04
mhall119pleia2: but that is unlocked again now, correct?17:04
pleia2mhall119: nope, locked up again17:04
mhall119was it getting spammed again?17:04
pleia2I don't know17:04
mhall119when was it locked again?17:04
pleia2I don't know that either17:05
belkinsaAnd is there some DoS attack on it because of the spam like wiki.ubuntu.com or do you not know?17:05
pmatulisafaik, it never got unlocked17:05
pleia2I told people to try and edit it after it worked for you, they couldn't knome replied to the ticket and they said it's locked17:05
belkinsaI see.17:05
pleia2pmatulis: it was for a few minutes at least :)17:05
pmatulispleia2: are you sure?17:05
knomewe confirmed it was unlocked17:05
pleia2pmatulis: yes, I worked with mhall119 on it, he could edit it17:06
GunnarHjpleia2: Glad to hear that you are on it, anyhow. It's utterly important that it soon can be edited by 'normal' people.17:06
pmatulispleia2: but isn't he on some special group?17:06
pleia2GunnarHj: I don't have time to be "on it", this is really frustrating17:06
pleia2pmatulis: nope, that's why he was good to test it17:06
pmatulisok, weird then17:06
pmatulisdunno how it can be unlocked for a day and then locked again17:07
pleia2clearly someone in IS flipped it back and didn't tell us17:07
pleia2but I have no idea when/why17:07
hggdhit is locked for me, at leas17:07
mhall119I will follow up with IS again and see what's going on17:07
pmatulisor some auto-lock was put into effect17:07
pleia2mhall119: thanks, it's really a problem17:07
mhall119pleia2: understood, I thought we had resolved it, but evidently that was fleeting17:08
belkinsa#action mhall119 Follow up with IS about community help wiki lock down17:08
meetingologyACTION: mhall119 Follow up with IS about community help wiki lock down17:08
pmatulisit seems appropriate to mention that wiki.ubuntu.com also has problems. lots of people are getting internal server errors. quite bad all around i would say17:08
mhall119pmatulis: for a few days now I think, IIRC someone in IS was looking into it already but I will check on that too17:08
belkinsaYes, I'm aware of that.  I think we all are.17:09
belkinsa#action mhall119 Follow up with IS about community wiki lock down17:09
meetingologyACTION: mhall119 Follow up with IS about community wiki lock down17:09
GunnarHjAs regards the desktop docs, there isn't much to say, since nothing has been done this cycle. Even if the Unity desktop hasn't changed much lately, some parts of the 16.04 desktop docs will be dated.17:09
mhall119need a different action belkinsa :)17:09
pleia2yeah, do it twice, just to be sure :)17:09
hggdhIS stated most internal errors are a consequence of the scripts they run to erase/block spam, and that they were working on getting these scripts to run faster17:09
mhall119pleia2: it's funny because it's true17:09
meetingologyRemoving item from minutes: ACTION17:09
mhall119TIL, meetingology has an #undo command17:09
belkinsamhall119, you can add it since i don't know any better.17:10
belkinsamhall119, I did undo it.17:10
mhall119#action mhall119 Follow up with IS about wiki.ubuntu.com 500 errors17:10
meetingologyACTION: mhall119 Follow up with IS about wiki.ubuntu.com 500 errors17:10
belkinsaGunnarHj, is it because there is no one working on the docs or what?17:10
pleia2GunnarHj: was there a call for people to review the desktop docs in anticipation of updating them? I think I remember one, but I might have dreamt it17:10
GunnarHjbelkinsa: Yes.17:10
belkinsaI see.17:11
pmatulisall doc projects seem to be in a bad funk these days. it's really difficult17:11
pleia2ah, looks like there was for server guide, but not desktop17:11
mhall119GunnarHj: do we have a way to listing what is out of date?17:11
GunnarHjpleia2: pmatulis posted a call for the server guide, but no such has been posted for desktop.17:11
belkinsaMaybe a call for the Desktop Docs is needed?17:12
* pleia2 nods17:12
dsmythiesmhall119: Serverguide help is spuratic at best. pmatulis puts out requests for help on the serverteam email list.17:12
GunnarHjmhall119: No easy way, I'm afraid. Read the docs...17:12
pleia2belkinsa: first we need someone to do it :)17:12
belkinsaRight, duh.17:12
pleia2also make sure all the contribution docs are up to date, so we don't have people trying to help and failing17:12
pleia2so a lot of work, very few (any?) people17:13
mhall119GunnarHj: can the docs team identify and tag out of date docs for other contributors to work on, or would that be about as much work as just updating them yourselves?17:13
dsmythiesFor my part of it, I have been having troubles to get a working 16.04 system. I'm bogged down with that, and yet to move on to looking at docs with the new systems.17:13
pmatulisfor serverguide, i maintain a table of stuff that is most pressing17:13
mhall119pmatulis: that would be a good thing to point new contributors too (especially in a call for help)17:14
dsmythiespmatulis: samba is, suddenly, obsolete. This change was since the start of 16.04.17:14
mhall119having a list to pick from is less daunting than having to find something first17:14
pmatulismhall119: that's been done in my call for help :)17:14
pleia2and I included the call for help in the ubuntu weekly newsletter17:14
mhall119ok, so do we need an action item for desktop guide call for help?17:14
pmatulispleia2: ty for that17:15
GunnarHjIdentifying out of date docs if of course easier than also fixing it, but it would still take quite some time. I fear that we simply don't have the sufficient resources to do it.17:15
* pmatulis hugs pleia217:15
* pleia2 hugs pmatulis17:15
mhall119GunnarHj: understood, but the investment might bring in new contributors to boost your resource in the future17:15
pmatulisdsmythies: yeah, will proll be dropping samba, sadly17:15
mhall119GunnarHj: even if it's not a complete list, if you can put together 10 or 20 "most wanted" pages that need updates17:16
GunnarHjmhall119: Indeed. And a call for help should be posted.17:16
dsmythiespmatulis: You can not drop samba, it is too important. The root issue is that we need subject matter expert input and we don't get it.17:17
mhall119who would like to volunteer to put out a call for help on desktop guide docs?17:17
mhall119dsmythies: experts on samba specifically, or server stuff in general?17:17
pmatulisdsmythies: actually, out of date docs are worse than no docs17:17
GunnarHjmhall119: I can scream for help re desktop.17:18
pmatulisand having samba3 in Xenial is reaally out of date17:18
mhall119thanks GunnarHj17:18
dsmythieswe need subject matter expert inout for every section of the serverguide. I do not understand why doc contribution is not manditory for canonical employees.17:18
mhall119#action GunnarHj to call for help on desktop docs17:18
meetingologyACTION: GunnarHj to call for help on desktop docs17:18
mhall119dsmythies: who was the last SME you had helping with those docs?17:19
dsmythieswhat is SME17:19
mhall119subject matter expert17:19
dsmythiesSrge Hallyen did a huge section on virtualisation.17:20
pmatulisdsmythies: interesting question. i try to push in that direction, in my own way17:20
pmatulisdsmythies: yes, he does LXC. that reminds me, we need a huge section on LXD now ;)17:20
mhall119stgraber might be able to help with that too17:21
hggdhLXC/D and libvirt17:21
mhall119dsmythies: have you asked either of them to help with the server docs?17:21
pmatulisi know that they would like to help, but they're overloaded with other stuff17:22
dsmythiesI told Serge a few times how very grateful we were for his conrtibution. Otherwise I have no idea who to ask.17:23
pmatulisi mentioned canonical doing upstream LXD docs. that may happen, but not in the near future. this can help, but not by much in the grand scheme17:23
mhall119dsmythies: I'd recommend asking stgraber for help documenting LXD, he might even have some stuff already written than just needs to be converted to wiki markup17:23
knomeit would totally help if there was some general leadership for docs from canoncial17:24
knomei don't mean there needs to be one person doing that only, but some sort of point-of-contact who could dedicate a few hours per week for it17:25
pmatulisknome: what sort of leadership do you mean. that only takes a few hours per week?17:25
mhall119knome: what can someone from Canonical do that others can't? Is there some access or information that only we have?17:25
dsmythiesmhall119: I don't know who stgraber is. pmatulis: can you take this?17:26
pmatulislike i said, i've already talked to those guys17:26
mhall119dsmythies: he's the tech lead on LXD, he's written several blog posts about it too17:26
knomemhall119, no information, but it would be helpful to see somebody overlooking it all17:26
knomecurrently, i don't feel a strong leadership for the whole of the docs team17:26
knomedecisions are hard to make and lately it has looked like it's impossible17:26
knomenobody is willing to take the leadership responsility or doesn't have the time for it17:27
mhall119knome: right, I understand the need for leadership, but in my mind that could be somebody from the community as much as somebody from canonical17:27
dsmythiesknome: I agree, re-leadership.17:27
knomei can be somebody from the community, but since nobody has stepped up...17:27
belkinsaMaybe we need one from Canonical and one from the Community?17:27
knomeof course ubuntu/canonical can just ignore documentation (because who reads any?!) but i don't agree it's a good idea17:28
pmatulisit would be great if we could have specifics on what your want such leadership to do. afaics, it's more we need a few persons to motivate people to help. without contributors there's nothing to manage/lead17:29
belkinsaIt's nearing 17:30, but it seems that we don't have anyone from the QA team yet.17:29
mhall119ok, this sounds like something where the community team in canonical should get involved, to advocate for employees to contribute more to docs, can somebody send an email us requesting that? I'll advocate for it in our next team call17:29
knomepmatulis, from my point of view, we need somebody who has enough time and vision to lead the team and guide it into the right direction17:30
dsmythiesfor serverguide, I can e-mail.17:30
knomei'm not talking even about the serverguide... i'm talking about the whole team17:30
pleia2at the very least, someone who can nudge contributors to do something, hannie over in the ubuntu-manual team has quite an active crew and all she does is ask17:31
knomeone of the things the leader from canonical could do is talk with other people on canonical on docs we need17:31
mhall119knome: that's something the community team can do17:32
dsmythiesbelkinsa: would e-mail go to that address on your reminder e-mail ( community-council@lists.ubuntu.com ) ?17:32
knomeand maybe some of the issues and disagreements that have led the team not being able to make decisions or take action could be resolved with the help from the community team17:33
knomefor example: what do we do in general with the community wiki?17:33
belkinsadsmythies, um, yes.17:33
pleia2the wiki threads always get away from us17:33
knome(some want it shut down, some want to keep it as is, some want to change the platform...)17:33
mhall119dsmythies: that goes to the CC, but not to the community team in canonical17:33
pleia2knome: nods17:34
knomeand this is not the only issue the team has trouble with17:34
mhall119knome: can you email the community team asking for us to drum up some docs help from inside the company?17:34
pleia2or I can17:35
GunnarHjknome: What, except for different opinions on the wiki, do we have *trouble* with?17:35
pmatulisit seems the community is the best entity to decide what to do with the community wiki17:35
pleia2GunnarHj: different opinions, no one to decide17:35
knomepleia2, i'll help you get that done17:35
pleia2knome: ok, we'll etherpad later17:35
knomeGunnarHj, many alternatives have been proposed, but nothing has happened17:35
knomeclearly, the situation can't go on like it does now17:35
mhall119#action pleia2 and knome to request help from the Canonical Community Team in recruiting documentation help from inside Canonical17:36
meetingologyACTION: pleia2 and knome to request help from the Canonical Community Team in recruiting documentation help from inside Canonical17:36
knomebut there is always somebody who says we can't move on either, because they don't like the direction somebody is proposing (and willing to take action on)17:36
pmatulisknome: that's due to a lack of interest from the community. canonical cannot force the community to "be interested"17:36
knomepmatulis, of course not, but if the community isn't "interested", why are all attempts to make the wiki work blocked?17:37
mhall119knome: pleia2: if the docs team contributors could recommend a course of action on the wiki software, that would certainly help17:37
knomemhall119, they can't.17:37
knomemhall119, that's one of the problems we need external help from17:37
knome(and when i say they, i mean "us")17:37
mhall119knome: can't make a recommendation? or can't agree on one?17:37
pleia2can't agree on one17:37
pleia2and we need input from IS too17:38
knomecan't agree on one, even if specific solutions are proposed and volunteers are ready to take that action17:38
pleia2we sent them recommendations on how to fix spam, and haven't heard anything17:38
mhall119pleia2: in an RT?17:38
pmatulisknome: that's true. i proposed to change the format of the serverguide from xml to markdown but i got shouted down. everyone has a dissenting opinion, which just lowers any chance of people getting motivated17:38
pleia2mhall119: yep, same RT I've shared many times17:38
mhall119ack, I'll add that to my previous action to see why the wiki is locked down again17:38
knomepmatulis, this is exactly the problem; even if you volunteered to do the whole conversion from xml to markdown, there is always somebody that disagrees loudly and then things stall.17:39
knomepmatulis, which is why i'm seeking for leadership to the team17:39
pleia2knome: exactly17:39
knome(and since that can't be found from inside the team, i'm pointing my finger to canonical)17:39
pmatulisknome: but then we run the risk of being "managed by canonical" and that's another can of worms. but sure, it's worth a try17:39
knomei'm not saying the team should be canonical-driven in the sense that they tell us what we need to do17:40
knomebut since the team clearly can't make any decisions or get things rolling, it would help to have somebody from the outside working with us17:40
pleia2the fact is, no one is volunteering, so I think we need someone who is paid to help nudge us along17:40
pmatulisi've always felt that there should be a Canonical community guy (whatever they're called) in charge of documentation17:40
pleia2or else we won't have 16.04 docs17:40
mhall119how is the docs team governed currently? Is there an admin team or council or something?17:40
hggdhpmatulis: +117:40
pleia2mhall119: nothing17:41
pleia2there is no leader, the CC owns the team17:41
knomethe other issue with not having clear leadership is that there are leaders for subteams like the serverguide, desktop docs, community wiki and whatever17:41
mhall119perhaps that's somethig to consider putting in place, to make decision making easer and supported17:41
hggdhthe thing here is because nobody can agree on a specific action, no action is taken. End result is stagnation17:41
belkinsaMaybe a board of leaders could help the team.  Maybe three from each sub-team, wiki, sever, and wiki.17:41
knomeand in some wicked way it always feels like the people who aren't even working with X always know what is best for X17:41
knome(without pointing fingers at anybody)17:42
pleia2the CC owns the team because individuals who did in the past drifted off and then we got blocked on releases, but no one has been able/willing to volunteer to take their place17:42
knomebelkinsa, please, no17:42
knomebelkinsa, we don't need bureucracy17:42
pleia2belkinsa: plus, there are no volunteers for one leader, let alone a board :)17:42
hggdhsowe need clear directions.17:42
hggdhthis means *one* leader17:42
knomeone leader that has a vision of the big picture, yes17:43
mhall119pleia2: what do you think about creating a docs-council (or whatever name) to be the decision-making body for the docs team?17:43
hggdha rose any anoy other name...17:43
pleia2mhall119: not a fan, and I doubt we could staff it17:43
knomemhall119, how does a council help when the same people who would be in it can't decide on the things now?17:44
hggdh*any other17:44
pleia2if we had volunteers we would have self organized a leadership team already17:44
* hggdh has to *really* pay attention to mind & fingers coordination17:44
mhall119knome: smaller number of people17:44
pleia2but the problem is there are a lot of people with opinions and none to do work17:44
knomemhall119, the active people *are* a small number of people already17:44
pleia2yeah, I think all the active people are here right now17:45
knomea clear direction from "above" would likely attract more contributors too17:45
pmatulishopefully this will mean consolidating our efforts. the help wiki, the ubuntu manual, and the actual documentation dilutes the precious resources we have17:45
mhall119knome: and are those the same people who don't agree on how to proceed?17:45
knomemhall119, yes.17:45
pleia2we can start with our email17:46
mhall119alright, so I can offer help from the community team in finding contributors inside of Canonical, but without anybody volunteering to take a leadership role I'm not sure how we're going to solve any long-term planning issues17:46
pleia2sometimes it just takes some energy for leaders to emerge, we can revisit in 6 months17:47
dsmythiespmatulis: Your serverguide example was unfair. You should tell the whole story: You didn't have an overall project plan with viable timeline, nor had you thought through the translations workflow. It wasn't shotdown as much as lets make a realistic plan.17:47
knomedsmythies, are you working with the serverguide actively?17:48
pmatulisdsmythies: let's say that i didn't get any positive feedback then17:48
dsmythiesKnome: I am stuck trying to get a 16.04 server working. But yes, then I will be.17:48
pmatulisdsmythies: i'm curious what issues you are having installing 16.0417:49
knomedsmythies, ok, did you ask for the details you are asking now when pmatulis suggested this?17:49
mhall119ok, we have an action for pleia2 and knome already to contact the CCT, are there any other action items we can take from this discussion?17:49
dsmythiesYes, it fizzled, as far as I recall.17:50
mhall119any other actions that you can think of can be brought to the CC over email17:50
dsmythiespmatulis: I'll conintue with you over on ubuntu-docs channel.17:51
mhall119we've run way over time for this part of the meeting, flocculant are you here for the QA team?17:51
pmatulismhall119: propose opening a community manager position for documentation?17:51
belkinsamhall119, thank you.17:51
dsmythiesThanks all.17:51
flocculantmhall119: sorry - too late now17:51
belkinsaNot a problem.17:52
mhall119pmatulis: you mean a new employee?17:52
pmatulismhall119: yep17:52
mhall119flocculant: would it better to reschedule the QA team's checkin?17:52
mhall119pmatulis: that's not my call, it would have to be approved by higher-ups17:52
flocculantmhall119: ask Nick17:52
mhall119he doesn't hire people either :)17:53
wxlmhall119: yeah balloons is head of the show. i can represent, but i usually don't get in until about now.17:53
hggdhI think we do not have an option, time is almost up17:53
mhall119oh, ask him about the meeting, I get you now17:53
mhall119balloons: do you want to reschedule so the QA team gets more time?17:53
belkinsaOh!  I was asked by tsimonq2 to give news about a QA API, but balloons would know more.17:53
flocculantmhall119: more than 6 minutes - that'd be good :)17:54
belkinsaClock's ticking.  flocculant, do you have any updates?17:56
mhall119ok, I will tack it on to the end of the calendar schedule, so it'll be in June, is that okay?17:56
flocculantbelkinsa: what?17:56
wxlmhall119: *I* would like it to be starting about now. i don't know what balloons thinks, though, and he's the most important one.17:57
mhall119wxl: sure, if you have an update or a topic, go ahead and start17:57
* mhall119 hopes nobody needs this channel in the next hour, if so we can move it to #ubuntu-quality17:58
belkinsa#topic QA Team Check-In17:58
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | CC Check-in Meeting | Current topic: QA Team Check-In
wxlmhall119: no, i meant at 1800 UTC17:58
wxlmhall119: june works for me.17:58
mhall119wxl: oh, sorry, we're always at the same day and time17:58
mhall119but DST might change when it happens in your local time :)17:58
wxlyeah ok :)17:58
wxlso the only thing i can really comment on is that through GCI we got some changes to the ISO tracker17:59
mhall119#action Reschedule QA team checkin to June 17th17:59
meetingologyACTION: Reschedule QA team checkin to June 17th17:59
wxlthat and tsimonq2 has been working on an API for the tracker17:59
mhall119wxl: what does the API do?17:59
wxlwith the ultimate goal of being able to expose better data on what sort of stuff has been going on17:59
wxlmhall119: well, originally, he was just going to learn the php API but got annoyed with it and its lack of documentation, so he went python and created a sphinx autodoc18:00
wxlmhall119: so now we have, IMHO, an easier to use API, with better documentation18:00
wxlyep yep18:00
wxland there will be more improvements to come as a result of that18:01
wxli know flocculant has been working on some further improvements to the tracker as well18:01
wxlbeyond that, at least from the guise of lubuntu, we're moving well on our way to the release of 16.04. working on testing some upstream bug fixes to LXDE18:02
mhall119alright, unless there is anything else that needs to be discussed right now, let's wrap this meeting up and work on those action items18:02
wxlmeanwhile, we just got the lxqt metapackage in the repos for xenial, so we can really start testing it for release in 16.10 in earnest18:03
* mhall119 is looking forward to seeing lxqt evolve18:03
* wxl is too!18:03
wxlone other thing i'll mention and then i've exhausted myself :)18:03
wxlwe have had some discussion about the milestone checklist tracking for those milestone's ubuntu's not been involved in18:04
wxlit's been the case that flexiondotorg, flocculant, and myself have invariably been the people doing it18:04
wxlso we've tried to do some work to encourage others18:04
hggdhthank you18:04
wxlbut also has some discussion about letting non-release team folks do it. i have dedicated folks within our qa team that can easily herd cats/write announcements, so it's a relief that no one's opposed to that18:05
mhall119wxl: sounds good18:05
wxlthe benefit is that we have more people trained and those of us that usually do it will be less irritated XD18:05
mhall119win-win again :)18:06
mhall119alright, thanks everyone for the great meeting, sorry to the QA team for having to reschedule you18:06
mhall119as always, you can contact the CC by email anytime18:06
wxlthanks for the check in mhall119, belkinsa, hggdh and the rest of the cc :)18:06
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Thu Mar  3 18:06:38 2016 UTC.18:06
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2016/ubuntu-meeting.2016-03-03-17.00.moin.txt18:06
balloonsi'm here18:33
balloonsand apparently it was last hour.. good job on timing my lunch18:33
mhall119balloons: :)18:33
mhall119balloons: QA team checkin is going to be re-scheduled18:34
mhall119the docs team checkin ran long18:34
balloonsI see in the scrollback :-)18:34
knomeballoons, scheduling your lunch at the same time as the only other scheduled thing during the day is the best18:38
* mhall119 is just sitting here eating lunch in front of the laptop18:38
Kiloshi mhall11918:39
Kilosand everyone else18:40
mhall119hi Kilos18:40
=== Kilos- is now known as Kilos
balloonsknome, yea, big fail. I'm usually never away from my keyboard anyway, but I had visitors today19:13
balloonsI'm sorry, but it seems it worked out since things ran over anyway19:14
diprawhello everyone!19:49
Kiloshi dipraw19:51
diprawhow u doing? kilos19:52
diprawi am a friend of pavlushka19:52
Kilosim good ty dipraw and you'19:56
diprawum doing great! may i know from which country you are, kilos??19:58
diprawactually i am new here that's why i'm a little bit curious19:59
marcoceppiwe'll start in just a min20:00
Kilossouth africa dipraw20:01
marcoceppi#startmeeting 2000 UTC Ubuntu Membership Board20:01
meetingologyMeeting started Thu Mar  3 20:01:29 2016 UTC.  The chair is marcoceppi. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.20:01
meetingologyAvailable commands: action commands idea info link nick20:01
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | 2000 UTC Ubuntu Membership Board Meeting | Current topic:
marcoceppiHello and welcome to the Ubuntu Membership Review Board for the 2000 UTC meeting for March 3, 2016.20:01
marcoceppiThe wiki page for the Review Board is available here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/Boards20:01
marcoceppiWe will attempt to get through all of the applicants that have added themselves to that list before today's meeting. If we are unable to make it through the entire list due to time constraints, then at the next meeting we will pick up where we left off.20:01
marcoceppiThe format for the meeting is as follows: We will go through the list of applicants one by one, by date of application (FIFO).20:01
marcoceppiEach applicant should introduce themselves (1-5 sentences) and provide links to their Ubuntu Wiki page. After the introduction the members of the Membership Review Board will review the pages and, if needed, ask the applicant further questions.20:01
marcoceppiDuring this time it is encouraged for other members of the community to show their support for the applicant. Do not be alarmed if the members of the Membership Review Board are quiet during this time; they are most likely reading wiki/launchpad/forum/other pages and deciding how they are going to vote.20:01
marcoceppiWhen the board is ready to vote, they will publicly vote in the channel with either +1, 0, or -1 (for membership, abstain, and against membership, respectively). If the sum of those numbers amounts to at least +1, then the applicant is now an official Ubuntu member! (feel free congratulate them!)20:01
marcoceppi#votesrequired 420:01
meetingologyvotes now need 4 to be passed20:01
marcoceppi#voters cyphermox Pendulum jared freeflying popey rickspencer3 marcoceppi Destine iulian IdleOne hggdh cwayne belkinsa PabloRubianes s-fox Kilos toddy belkinsa elacheche_anis hggdh PabloRubianes PabloRubianes wxl20:02
meetingologyWarning: Nick not in channel: Pendulum20:02
meetingologyWarning: Nick not in channel: jared20:02
meetingologyWarning: Nick not in channel: rickspencer320:02
meetingologyWarning: Nick not in channel: Destine20:02
meetingologyWarning: Nick not in channel: iulian20:02
meetingologyWarning: Nick not in channel: IdleOne20:02
meetingologyWarning: Nick not in channel: cwayne20:02
meetingologyWarning: Nick not in channel: s-fox20:02
meetingologyCurrent voters: Destine IdleOne Kilos PabloRubianes Pendulum belkinsa cwayne cyphermox elacheche_anis freeflying hggdh iulian jared marcoceppi popey rickspencer3 s-fox toddy wxl20:02
marcoceppiNow, without any further ado, lets get started with the first applicant...20:02
* belkinsa drum rolls20:03
marcoceppi#topic pavlushka20:03
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | 2000 UTC Ubuntu Membership Board Meeting | Current topic: pavlushka
pavlushkaI am here20:03
pavlushkaHellow every120:03
elacheche_anisHey pavlushka20:03
belkinsao/ pavlushka20:03
Kiloshi pavlushka20:03
marcoceppipavlushka: please introduce yourself and provide a link to your entry20:03
toddyhi pavlushka20:03
pavlushkaI am S. M. Pavel Sayekat20:04
pavlushkaI am a math graduate & ubuntu lover20:04
pavlushkamy launchpad ID is https://launchpad.net/~pavelsayekat20:05
pavlushkaI am a home ubuntu user and involved in family business.20:05
wxlpavlushka: sorry to interrupt, but your family business uses ubuntu?20:06
pavlushkaI am the technical hand, so yes.20:06
diprawhi i am Rajin Mustafa Dipraw20:07
wxlpavlushka: oh excellent! what's your business, and how do you use ubuntu?20:07
wxlhi and welcome dipraw20:07
diprawi am a ubuntu user20:07
diprawthanx wxl20:07
pavlushkaIts actually basic uses, topic research, mail handling.20:08
diprawmy launchpad ID is https://launchpad.net/~dipraw49320:08
diprawi am also a home ubuntu user20:08
wxlpavlushka: well, that's one thing ubuntu's good at— every day use20:08
marcoceppidipraw: excellent, we're currently in process of something, are you here to show support for the applicant?20:09
marcoceppipavlushka: is there anything else you'd like to add?20:09
pavlushkaYep, but I m trying/thinking to develop some software that would make the business go easier.20:10
pavlushkaAnd yes20:10
pavlushkaI do20:10
pavlushkaas you can check me in launchpad, I try some tralnslations for BN20:11
pavlushkaI was a translator fo Nielsen20:12
toddypavlushka: Do you have contact to the Ubuntu Community? Do you have a Loco in your country?20:13
pavlushkabut a fact that I did all this with a messy internet but now I have a fixed connection20:13
pavlushkayes I do20:13
toddypavlushka: which kind of contacts are this?20:13
pavlushkaubuntu-bd mailing list thread.20:14
pavlushkaOh I forget to mention my WIKI page20:15
pavlushkamy wiki page is https://wiki.ubuntu.com/pavelsayekat20:16
toddyon the list is not very much traffic. Is there more acticity anywhere in the country?: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-bd/20:16
pavlushkanot actually20:17
pavlushkabut I work my way out, helping others20:17
wxldo you have any documention covering all the people you've helped and how? or testimonials from them about you?20:18
pavlushkanot really, but I have one user here with me.20:19
pavlushkaI like to add that and when I help others fixing their PC, I try to convince them to dualboot ubuntu20:19
marcoceppiAre there any questions for pavlushka from the board?20:20
diprawi am here with pavlushka20:21
marcoceppihello dipraw thank you for joining us!20:21
belkinsadipraw, what can you say about pavlushka?20:21
diprawu r most welcome!!!20:21
Kilosdipraw you should have written a testimonial for him20:21
Kilosi relise time is an issue20:22
Kilosbut remember it when you apply20:22
marcoceppiOkay, if there are not further questions we'll move to vote20:22
diprawpavel is very helpful to me20:23
marcoceppi#vote pavlushka20:23
meetingologyPlease vote on: pavlushka20:23
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (for private voting, private message me with 'vote +1/-1/+0 #channelname)20:23
belkinsa+0 Not enough activity, please try again in three (3) months.20:24
meetingology+0 Not enough activity, please try again in three (3) months. received from belkinsa20:24
elacheche_anispavlushka: We encourage you to be more involved in the international community.. That's a way be active and find motivation, and to motivate your LoCo as well20:24
toddy-1 - I think you can move a lot in your loco and I am happy to hear from it in the next year and with a few testimonals about you, I think I give you than a positiv voting.20:24
meetingology-1 - I think you can move a lot in your loco and I am happy to hear from it in the next year and with a few testimonals about you, I think I give you than a positiv voting. received from toddy20:24
meetingology+0 received from elacheche_anis20:24
marcoceppi-1 I think you're on a good start, but would like to see more contributions - or at least better documentation of contributions, continue working on translations, helping users, and contributing!20:24
meetingology-1 I think you're on a good start, but would like to see more contributions - or at least better documentation of contributions, continue working on translations, helping users, and contributing! received from marcoceppi20:24
meetingology+0 received from popey20:24
wxl+0 would like to see more documentation of contributions and more testimonials20:24
meetingology+0 would like to see more documentation of contributions and more testimonials received from wxl20:24
popeyI too would like to see wider contributions. I greatly appreciate the work you've done so far though! Please do come back in 3 months.20:24
meetingologyVoting ended on: pavlushka20:25
meetingologyVotes for:0 Votes against:2 Abstentions:420:25
meetingologyMotion denied20:25
Kilos+0keep in contact and well help guide you20:25
wxli agree with what everyone else says. please come back after you can document more contributions, pavlushka20:25
elacheche_anispavlushka: We encourage you to be more involved in the international community.. That's a way be active and find motivation, and to motivate your LoCo as well20:25
belkinsaKilos meant, that we will help you.20:25
Kilosty belkinsa im half asleep here20:25
wxland PLEASE ask for help! the ubuntu community is wide and vast and can be difficult to navigate at times. we're always here to help. feel free to stop by #ubuntu-community-team which includes a lot of people that'd be happy to help and know the community well20:26
pavlushkaGot it, thanks20:26
belkinsapavlushka, elacheche_anis is right and you us to help you and also the LoCo Contacts mailing-list.20:26
marcoceppipavlushka: thank you for applying, I think you're on the right track but the board seems to agree there still work to be done! keep up the great work and I encourage you to apply again in 3 months time20:26
belkinsapavlushka, thank you for you time and please take all of our advise to you heart.20:26
wxlpavlushka: i definitely believe your heart is in the right place. i think if you could document the people that you helped and/or had their contributions, you'd have a pretty strong application right there20:27
Kilosyes pavlushka dont give up your good work20:27
Kilosjust get more involved20:27
diprawhe maintains my PC over the phone and he gave setup to my PC20:27
diprawi'm sorry people20:27
wxlpavlushka: do keep in mind, too, that "sustained" contributions are important. doing some translations is great, but continuing to do them over a period of time is crucial20:27
wxlthere is no need to be sorry, dipraw. we are all encouraging pavlushka !20:28
diprawi am facing some problem withmy internet connection here20:28
wxldipraw: i would invite you to write a testimonial about pavlushka on his wiki page20:28
diprawsorry for being late20:28
wxldipraw: talk about what he's done for you with regards to ubuntu20:28
diprawi will provide20:28
diprawthank u20:28
wxlthank you very much, dipraw20:28
diprawvery much20:28
marcoceppiUnless there's any other business, I want to thank the board, the applicants (pavlushka), and everyone else for joining today20:28
Kilosand get others to do the same dipraw20:28
wxl+1 Kilos20:29
marcoceppiUntill next time, take care20:29
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Thu Mar  3 20:29:11 2016 UTC.20:29
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2016/ubuntu-meeting.2016-03-03-20.01.moin.txt20:29
Kilosty for applying pavlushka20:29
popeythanks everyone!20:29
diprawtake care everyone20:29
wxlthank you very much everyone20:29
Kilosty all20:29
pavlushkaThanks for the Time!!20:29
pavlushkaLooking forward.20:29
wxlstay in touch pavlushka and looking forward to your next application :)20:29
pavlushkasure if the server does not does down.20:30
pavlushkasure if the server does not goes down.20:30
pavlushkasure if the server does not go down.20:30
pavlushkaNevermind, I will.20:31
Kilosthe more contact you have te better pavlushka and try to grow your loco20:32
Kilosget everyone you convert to ubuntu to join the loco as well20:33
tsimonq2wxl: you got that description pretty much spot on :)21:55
tsimonq2I sent an email to ubuntu-quality about it :)21:55

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!