=== ghostcube_ is now known as ghostcube
* sil2100 is not ready15:02
pittislangasek: AYT?15:02
barrylightning round: people did stuff.  #endmeeting15:03
sil2100Thanks everyone!15:03
* sil2100 walks away15:03
meetingologyMeeting started Thu Jul  7 15:04:06 2016 UTC.  The chair is pitti. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.15:04
meetingologyAvailable commands: action commands idea info link nick15:04
pitti$ echo $(shuf -e barry doko bdmurray slangasek caribou infinity sil2100 robru cyphermox pitti tdaitx xnox chiluk)15:04
pittislangasek tdaitx chiluk barry sil2100 xnox cyphermox infinity bdmurray pitti robru doko caribou15:04
pittiooook -- our boss isn't here, but I think tdaitx should be?15:04
pittibarry: go ahead15:05
barryshort week due to usa holiday15:05
barry 15:05
barry 15:05
barryreview bileto branch for robru15:05
barryxonsh 0.4.3+dfsg-1 sponsorship; reviewed LP: #159666715:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1596667 in python-pip (Ubuntu) "/usr/bin/pip3:11:visit_decref:dict_traverse:subtract_refs:collect:collect_with_callback" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/159666715:05
barryubuntu-image: travis branch (merged; was working but now all travis-ci builds for ubuntu-image are wedged; support emails sent); gadget branch (also landed w/o functioning ci); travis-redux branch PR; currently working on flow branch for basic image building15:05
cyphermoxare there two lines empty there on purpose?15:05
sil2100Wait, me?15:05
sil2100I still need 5 minutes15:05
barrycyphermox: stupid cutnpaste15:05
cyphermoxah ok15:05
cariboucyphermox: not empty for me15:05
barryno, not a secret skunkworx project15:06
tdaitxI'm ready15:06
pittitdaitx: go ahead15:06
tdaitxShort week: day-off on Friday, flying back home on Tuesday15:06
tdaitx= Merges15:06
tdaitx- ncurses done, awating review/sponsoring (LP: #1598850)15:06
tdaitx- isc-dhcp ongoing15:06
tdaitx= OpenJDK security update15:06
tdaitx- 11 patches to backport (of 15 as 4 can be safely ignored on openjdk 7)15:06
tdaitx- 8 backports done, 3 ongoing (1 jaxp and 2 hotspot)15:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1598850 in ncurses (Ubuntu) "[merge request] Please merge ncurses 6.0+20160319-2 (main) from Debian unstable (main)" [Wishlist,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/159885015:06
cyphermox- network yaml15:07
cyphermox- subiquity first boot experience15:07
cyphermox- catching up mwhudson on the state of subiquity15:07
cyphermox- Secure Boot discussions with kernel team while testing15:07
cyphermox- tracking down shim-signed Secure Boot possible regression w/ Gtk frontend15:07
cyphermox- getting up to date on how to build an OS snap15:07
cyphermox- setting up local livecd-rootfs/etc. for building building my own test OS snap15:07
chilukway to skip me pitti.15:07
pittichiluk: you didn't wave, but please go ahead now :)15:07
chilukHandling Maas 2.0 inquiries15:07
chilukPresenting at Texas Linux Fest.  (Ubuntu development primer- how to submit fixes to ubuntu)15:07
chilukShort week - Holiday on Monday15:07
pittichiluk: oh, any new great bug triagers/reporters from that?15:07
chilukpitti.. I'm a slacker.. just getting back from PT now..15:08
chilukpitti the presentation will be Saturday.15:08
chilukbut hopefully we'll get some help out of it.15:08
pittibdmurray: here?15:08
pittinetwork-yaml: add support for wifi (including autopkgtest) and manual addresses (not finished yet); cranked up integration test coverage to 100%15:08
pitticonvergence-y-replace-upstart: discuss some necessary infrastructure with systemd upstream, sent PR; adjust our PoC to new schema, and fix clean session shutdown15:09
pittiddebs: Clean up ddebs which just contain HTTP errors and re-import them (fallout from PS outage)15:09
pittibritney: Initial conversion to git (fight with bzr fast-export bug), now in the middle of rebasing our enormous delta on Debian and cleaning up obsolete patches; we need to merge to the current version to get support for versioned provides, and there have been some bigger architectural changes15:09
pittiDrop sysv-rc dependency from remaining packages and eliminate from archive; sysvinit-utils is now the only (mostly harmless, but required) binary that we build from sysvinit15:09
pittisystemd: Investigate/try to reproduce networkd RA handling issues (Debian #815793, #815884)15:09
ubottuDebian bug 815884 in systemd "does not retry IPv6 router solicitations" [Important,Open] http://bugs.debian.org/81588415:09
pittipatch pilot shift on Friday, lots of SRU reviews15:09
ubottuDebian bug 815793 in systemd "IPv6 code ignores unsolicited router advertisements" [Important,Open] http://bugs.debian.org/81579315:09
sil2100Ok, I'm ready if anything15:09
robruone sec15:09
robrugo sil210015:09
sil2100Thanks :)15:09
sil2100- Landing team work, silo coordination, preparing landing e-mails15:09
sil2100- RTM status meetings15:09
sil2100- OTA-12:15:09
sil2100  * Cherry-picking fixes like crazy, image re-spins like crazy15:09
sil2100  * Helping out in building snapshot-based silos15:09
sil2100- Midori:15:09
sil2100  * Preparing testing channels15:09
sil2100  * Copying required changes to emergency snapshot15:09
sil2100  * Building custom rootfs, re-targeting custom tarballs15:10
sil2100- Add a new ubuntu-touch-custom cdimage project for image re-spins15:10
sil2100- Fixing frieza commitlogs15:10
sil2100- Touch xenial:15:10
sil2100  * Reviewing and copying oxide-qt-arm64 package to the xenial overlay15:10
sil2100  * Re-building all oxide arm64 dep-wait packages15:10
sil2100  * Working on cdimage changes to enable arm64 builds for rootfs needs15:10
sil2100- Helping out with maliit-framework package releases for hotfixes15:10
robru- continuing to port & parallelize status job from lp:cupstream2distro15:10
robru- link to documentation in the log view15:10
pittisil2100: did the oxide/arm64 stunt work?15:10
pittidoko is at debconf too15:10
caribou Bugfix15:10
caribou LACP bonding + multipath issue15:10
caribou - Turns out to be LVM misconfiguration15:10
caribousamba winbind statically linked (LP: #1584485)15:11
caribou - Figured out samba build system15:11
caribou - Fighting to find proper compiler switches15:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1584485 in samba (Ubuntu) "Upgrading samba to latest security fixes together with winbind in nsswitch.conf can harm entire OS" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/158448515:11
caribouLaunchpad & Public :15:11
caribou LP: #1570775 - add cio_ignore to kexec on s390x15:11
caribou - Backport of Yakkety fix in progress15:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1570775 in makedumpfile (Ubuntu Xenial) "makekdump should re-exec with cio_ignore on s390x" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/157077515:11
sil2100pitti: yes! I was shocked, aparently it just worked :o15:11
caribouSosreport autopkgtests15:11
caribou - New upstream release uploaded to debian with DEP8 tests15:11
caribou - Sync with Yakkety15:11
sil2100pitti: things never 'just work'15:11
caribou - Needs to figure out why they don't run15:11
pittisil2100: something MUST be wrong15:11
sil2100I know!15:11
caribou☑ Done15:11
sil2100pitti: thanks again for the advice!15:11
pitticaribou: as-tu prêt pour le match ce soir ? :-)15:12
cyphermoxhey doko!15:12
caribouI'll need help for the samba statically linked libnss_winbind btw15:12
cyphermoxpitti: "es"-tu15:12
dokojust for completeness:15:12
cariboupitti: doko: yes, big night of cheering !15:12
cyphermoxpitti: otherwise well done :)15:12
doko- being at DebConf15:12
pitti¡ǝɹǝɥdsᴉɯǝɥ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ oʇ sƃuᴉʇǝǝɹƃ ¡oʞop ʎǝɥ15:12
doko- still doing xenial SRUs15:12
pitticyphermox: ah, je suis désolé, merci :)15:13
doko- GCC 6 test rebuild, and normal test rebuild15:13
caribouif that rings a bell to someone : crtbeginT.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `__TMC_END__' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC15:13
caribou/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/crtbeginT.o: error adding symbols: Bad value15:13
cyphermoxblack magic!15:13
pitticaribou: since yakkety? amd64 now defaults to -fPIE, maybe you try to link against a lib that wasn't rebuilt with PIE? (just wildly guessing)15:14
cariboufyi : compiling & linking with -static -static-libgcc15:14
cariboupitti: I thought that -static-libgcc would dtrt15:14
cariboupitti: hmm, worth a try to rebuild on Xenial just to confirm15:15
cariboupitti: neverming, I'm building on Trusty (for a SRU)15:16
pitti#topic AOB15:18
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: AOB
pittianyone? anything?15:18
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Thu Jul  7 15:18:45 2016 UTC.15:18
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2016/ubuntu-meeting.2016-07-07-15.04.moin.txt15:18
pittithanks everyone15:18
cariboupitti: thanks!15:18
caribou& pls don't stop accepting my SRUs if we beat you tonight ;)15:19
pitticaribou: that's rather likely to happen15:20
pitticaribou: the beating, not the SRU thing :)15:20
cariboupitti: dunno, not a football expert but should be a good game15:20
pitticaribou: absolutely; I hope a tad less nail-bite-y than the one against Italy; maybe more like FRA-ICL (although that's unlikely) :)15:21
ogra_are you guys talking about frances last game in this euro tonight ?15:22
caribouogra_: No,Germany's last one ;)15:22
* ogra_ heard seb128 even took off tomorrow for weeping :P15:22
slangasekpitti: thanks for running the meeting :)15:22
pittislangasek: pas de problème !15:23
=== JanC is now known as Guest55200
=== JanC_ is now known as JanC
dholbachdo we have anyone here who wants to discuss anything in the CC meeting?17:04
dholbachunfortunately we didn't schedule any meetings with any of the teams for this week (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda)17:04
tsimonq2dholbach: Lubuntu is long overdue17:04
tsimonq2wxl? you around?17:05
wxltsimonq2: i am17:05
mhall119do you guys have topics youwant to discuss?17:05
dholbachwe had lubuntu on 2016-04-21 - were you able to make it back then?17:05
mhall119we havne't re-scheduled the regular checkins yet, but we're always avilable if there's a topic17:05
dholbachor is this something we wanted to reschedule?17:05
wxl*i* don't have a topic. tsimonq2 called me in here :)17:06
tsimonq2yeah I just thought I'd mention it ;)17:06
mhall119tsimonq2: if you don't have anything specific, we'll just get you on the schedule17:07
tsimonq2mhall119: I think that would be great17:07
tsimonq2mhall119: (Lubuntu)17:07
wxlsounds good to me!17:07
mhall119ok, we'll send an email with the day once the schedule is made17:07
tsimonq2alright thanks mhall119 and dholbach :)17:07
dholbachthank you!17:07
mhall119anybody else who wants to meet with the CC today?17:08
* wxl disappears :)17:08
tewardnope, but i would like to thank the CC for all that they do :)  Just because I'm sure they'll all see the thank you :)17:09
tsimonq2I agree with teward :)17:09
tewardso, thank you all, Community Council Members, for all that you do to help keep Ubuntu moving forward :)17:10
* Kilos seconds teward17:10
mhall119thanks guys :)17:10
mhall119we really do appreaciate hearing it17:10
Kilosi have something that i want to take through the membership board first, then ill bother you guys17:11
fossfreedomhi all19:56
Kiloshi fossfreedom19:57
teward*lurks quietly*19:58
sethjdid I miss it?20:04
fossfreedomhi seth ... quiet in here20:04
sethjI know the feeling.20:05
sethjmy meeting ran about 5 minutes late too.20:05
sethjkinda scary xD20:05
fossfreedomk - looks like things aren't happening :(20:11
toddyhi fossfreedom. Please stay. I want to see if we have other board members online. one moment20:13
sethjI guess this is why they put out a call for more people in the 2000 and 2200 timeslots.20:14
fossfreedomyeah - 1200UTC is kind of awkward ... in the middle of the working day and can never guarantee where I am from day to day20:16
toddyat the moment the restaffing of the board is starting, but we are not very much at the moment.20:17
wxlwell, i'm here for what it's worth.20:19
wxlfossfreedom: you still with us?20:25
toddythan we can start20:26
wxlgreat, as i think we have managed to obtain quorum. our chair, ahoneybun, should be with us shortly :)20:26
wxlthanks for your patience!20:26
ahoneybunheyo fossfreedom20:31
ahoneybun#startmeeting 20 UTC Membership Board Meeting20:31
meetingologyMeeting started Thu Jul  7 20:31:59 2016 UTC.  The chair is ahoneybun. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.20:31
meetingologyAvailable commands: action commands idea info link nick20:31
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | 20 UTC Membership Board Meeting | Current topic:
ahoneybunHello and welcome to the Membership Board meeting!20:32
ahoneybunThe wiki page for the Review Board is available here https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/Boards. We will attempt to get through all of the applicants that have added themselves to that list before today's meeting.20:32
ahoneybunIf we are unable to make it through the entire list due to time constraints, then at the next meeting we will pick up where we left off. The format for the meeting is as follows: We will go through the list of applicants one by one, by date of application (FIFO).20:32
ahoneybunEach applicant should introduce themselves (1-5 sentences) and provide links to their Ubuntu Wiki page. After the introduction the members of the Membership Review Board will review the pages and, if needed, ask the applicant further questions.20:32
ahoneybunDuring this time it is encouraged for other members of the community to show their support for the applicant. Do not be alarmed if the members of the Membership Review Board are quiet during this time; they are most likely reading wiki/launchpad/forum/other pages and deciding how they are going to vote.20:32
popeyhello all20:32
popeyhi fossfreedom20:32
fossfreedomhi popey20:32
ahoneybun#topic David Mohammed20:32
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology | 20 UTC Membership Board Meeting | Current topic: David Mohammed
popeyapologies for the delay in getting started fossfreedom20:33
fossfreedomno problem20:33
ahoneybunfossfreedom: could you please throw up links for your lp and wiki page20:33
ahoneybunyea sorry about that20:33
* ahoneybun kicks Google Calenday20:34
ahoneybundo we have anyone speaking for fossfreedom today?20:34
ahoneybunyou have the floor sethj20:35
sethjI've known fossfreedom for about 4 years now, since I joined Ask Ubuntu. He has always been very friendly, helpful and super knowledgeable.20:36
sethjHe does an amazing job as a moderator there in addition to his many many answers.20:36
toddyyes, I see. He is very activ.20:37
popeywoah thats some rep on AU20:37
popeyputs mine to shame!20:37
ahoneybunover 1000 answers20:37
sethjoh yes. He's also the highest reputation user :D20:37
ahoneybunany questions from the board?20:38
popeyI like that you have posts from 5 years ago as "top answers" - that to me alone says "sustained and significant", given you're still contributing 5 years later20:38
popeyI have a question.20:38
popeyfossfreedom: since your recent mail to the tech board about the budgie remix, how have your plans changed for that remix?20:39
fossfreedomhaven't really changed.  Taking things on board.  Working with Debian to get the key packages into Debian (then sync with 16.10) - so far got 3 out of 4 in.  Working with Jeremy Bicha for the remaining.20:40
popeyOh that's excellent news. Exactly what I wanted to hear20:40
popeyJeremy is great, and getting the packages in Debian is totally the right way to go, good work!20:40
popeyNo more questions from me.20:40
wxlhaving a bit of trouble finding info. is budgie c++?20:41
fossfreedomits Vala based.  Upstream have announced this week that will intend to recode in C (clang)20:41
ahoneybuncool stuff20:42
wxlas a flavor contributor, i'm excited :)20:42
* toddy notes that he want to test budgie remix.20:42
ahoneybunis the board ready for a vote?20:42
ahoneybun#voters toddy ahoneybun wxl popey20:43
meetingologyCurrent voters: ahoneybun popey toddy wxl20:43
ahoneybun#votesrequired 320:43
meetingologyvotes now need 3 to be passed20:43
ahoneybunI think that's above 65% but20:43
ahoneybunpretty sure how this going to go20:43
ahoneybun#vote for David membership!20:43
meetingologyPlease vote on: for David membership!20:43
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (for private voting, private message me with 'vote +1/-1/+0 #channelname)20:43
toddy+1 - very good work. :)20:44
meetingology+1 - very good work. :) received from toddy20:44
ahoneybun+1 always great to see new flavors coming20:44
meetingology+1 always great to see new flavors coming received from ahoneybun20:44
wxl+1 and a resounding one at that!20:44
meetingology+1 and a resounding one at that! received from wxl20:44
meetingology+1 received from popey20:44
meetingologyVoting ended on: for David membership!20:44
meetingologyVotes for:4 Votes against:0 Abstentions:020:44
meetingologyMotion carried20:44
popeysorry, internet issues at home20:44
ahoneybunwelcome to the fold fossfreedom!20:45
wxladded to ~ubuntumembers20:45
toddycongrats, fossfreedom20:45
fossfreedommany thanks all!20:45
popey\o/ beat me to it wxl  😃20:45
ahoneybunnice wxl lol20:45
wxlneener neener popey :)20:45
fossfreedomthank you for your time - pleasure meeting you all.  Look forward to helping out as much as I can.20:45
wxlappreciate all you do, fossfreedom. hope to talk again soon!20:45
* popey rewards wxl with the penguin of satisfaction 🐧 20:45
ahoneybunyour very welcome fossfreedom, great work20:46
popeyfossfreedom: looking forward to testing an official budgie remix one day soon  ;)20:46
wxlwon't we have to call it bubuntu, though? XD20:46
popeythose names aren't used anymore20:47
popeyI like the sound of Budge-buntu20:47
ahoneybunoh right20:47
popey"You running Budge?"20:48
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Thu Jul  7 20:48:04 2016 UTC.20:48
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2016/ubuntu-meeting.2016-07-07-20.31.moin.txt20:48
ahoneybunI think that's it20:48
wxli'll clean up the wiki. can someone email -news?20:48
ahoneybunmm I think we need some blog post or something to link to for them20:50
wxlnot for new memberships.20:50
ahoneybunI'll email and see lol20:51
wxlhhehehe ok thx20:51
ahoneybundone wxl20:56
* popey goes back to watching oitnb :)21:02
=== freeflying__ is now known as freeflying

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!