=== pavlushka is now known as Guest30072
agaidatsimonq2: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libfm/+bug/1562764 -- invalid pathes - is a bug in libfm and will be gone with the next libfm - this bug also hit pcmanfm-qt16:13
ubot93Launchpad bug 1562764 in libfm (Ubuntu Xenial) "Pcmanfm crash on invalid path" [Undecided,Fix committed]16:13
agaidaaka - next time LStranger make a release16:14
agaidathe package with the ported back upstream patch should solve this too.16:18
wxltsimonq2: you planning some kind of presentation for bug day?16:52
tsimonq2agaida: I'll take a look in a bit19:58
tsimonq2wxl: \o/ that would be awesome!19:58
tsimonq2wxl: maybe like an Ubuntu On Air presentation then questions?19:58
agaidatsimonq2: normally it shouldn't segfault - my first try would be a local rebuild19:58
tsimonq2agaida: so you want it fixed before the next libfm lands?19:59
agaidano - but i would like to know if it segfaults reproducable - and if it segfaults with a new local build too20:00
agaidait might be the abi-thing20:00
tsimonq2agaida: do I rebuild with the abi change or without?20:01
agaidaas long the newest libs are used that should not make a difference - with is better i think20:02
tsimonq2agaida: it seems the change is already in yakkety, would it be okay if I just test with that?20:04
tsimonq2agaida: or would you like me to completely rebuild it?20:05
tsimonq2oh okay20:05
tsimonq2agaida: http://storage7.static.itmages.com/i/16/0714/h_1468526882_4654832_065bac260e.png20:07
agaidaok - thats the right behaviour20:08
agaidabut i think we should talk about lxqt-config and the kscreen thing from yesterday20:09
agaida[2016-07-13 21:26:45] <jilocasin0> agaida: things like lxqt-monitor-config kept seg faulting, display wrong size and mirrored on multiple monitors, etc.20:09
agaida[2016-07-13 21:27:32] <agaida> good to know - you have filed a bug in launchpad?20:09
agaida[2016-07-13 21:27:34] <jilocasin0> agaida: it doesn't look like the default lxqt meta package in ubuntu 16.04 contains all of the needed dependencies.20:09
agaida[2016-07-13 21:28:14] <agaida> it does20:09
agaidadunno if he tried the infamous ppa :) - but the xenial packages should bring all needed things - and there should be no segfault i guess20:11
agaidamisbehaviour yes - segfaulting no20:11
wxltsimonq2: yeah if you can arrange it. or something.20:15
wxltsimonq2: maybe an optional google hangout on air for folks that need help or are new20:17
tsimonq2wxl: would it be an hour long or longer/shorter?20:20
wxltsimonq2: hm, i guess it could go either way. depends on how much time you want to put into it. i did a talk on bugs and it took me about 30 minutes20:20
tsimonq2wxl: well I was thinking whatever I don't cover by the bugs, I can use as sort of a Q&A to answer some questions people might be having20:21
wxltsimonq2: yeah it might be good to have an intro for the total noob20:21
wxltsimonq2: like think about making up something that would get your mom interested in helping20:22
tsimonq2wxl: which is what I'm planning, then the Q&A with whatever time is left20:22
wxltsimonq2: yeah that sounds good. the irc being the other alternative for q&a. just like with on air sessions, we should echo them both ways. i can help with that20:23
tsimonq2wxl: who would be the speakers? just me, or do you want in too?20:23
tsimonq2wxl: yep :)20:23
tsimonq2wxl: I guess, doesn't it depend on what time the Q&A is?20:24
wxltsimonq2: i think one speaker would be good, but can help, too20:24
wxltsimonq2: i think we should do it on a different dqay from the day we do the thing20:24
tsimonq2wxl: I think having you in would help with the Q&A, as I will prepare the presentation beforehand20:25
wxltsimonq2: can do20:25
tsimonq2wxl: do you really want to do it on a Monday? :P20:25
tsimonq2wxl: great :)20:25
tsimonq2now timing20:25
wxltsimonq2: yeah i guess that's a good point, but i'm thinking it would be less commitment at one time that way20:25
tsimonq2wxl: well my thought was, having it on the same day as the bug day would be almost something to refer to and ask common questions if there is something we didn't cover20:27
wxltsimonq2: true. maybe having a break between would be nice?20:27
tsimonq2wxl: break between what?20:28
tsimonq2wxl: presentation and Q&A?20:28
wxltsimonq2: presentation and work20:29
tsimonq2wxl: well what dates/times do you propose then?20:30
tsimonq2wxl: I'm open to pretty much everything20:30
wxltsimonq2: well, 1900 is noon. i guess we could do it at 1700, but that's kind of pushing things close for me. which is why if we spread it out over two days that might be better20:32
tsimonq2wxl: I see20:33
wxltsimonq2: i guess if i'm not doing the presentation and all i need to do is echo stuff on irc, i can probably do that20:33
tsimonq2wxl: so on that Monday maybe? to get people hyped up? :)20:33
wxltsimonq2: that's what i'm thinking. i don't have anything else going on so that would be good20:34
tsimonq2wxl: well I mean you would be on the hangout during the Q&A part so you can speak the answers to the questions. That's how it's always worked with the community team Q&A. :)20:34
tsimonq2wxl: great :)20:34
tsimonq2wxl: so does 19-29 UTC work for you then?20:36
tsimonq2:P lol20:37
wxltsimonq2: syre20:40
tsimonq2wxl: great20:40
tsimonq2wxl: I'll set it up! :D20:40
wxlthx tsimonq2. now time to get working on the presentation :)20:45
tsimonq2wxl: yep, I'll put it under Git in my Launchpad junk :P20:48
wxltsimonq2: you should bzr push it, and then git clone it, and then svn— XD20:49
tsimonq2wxl: you forgot hg! then we tar all of that up, then zip that up, then- XD20:50
tsimonq2wxl: you are gonna have to register the Hangout on Air, I've used my number too many times this year and it won't let me enable the feature21:00
tsimonq2wxl: then on the 25th, just PM me the link21:00
wxltsimonq2: ugh lame. i guess we don't HAVE to make it on air?21:13
tsimonq2wxl: wait no, I forgot21:14
tsimonq2wxl: they have their own account21:14
tsimonq2wxl: we probably can just get a link or something21:14
tsimonq2wxl: so nevermind, I think :)21:14
wxltsimonq2: k good XD21:14
tsimonq2wxl: I mean if we NEEDED to, you could probably get me the Hangout link before work and I can chill out before going live at 19 :)21:16
wxltsimonq2: kk21:16
tsimonq2wxl: so I'm planning the presentation23:21
tsimonq2wxl: would it be okay with you if I asked you to paste links in the channel during the presentation?23:21
tsimonq2wxl: or would you like me to do it myself?23:21
wxlthat works, ts23:24
tsimonq2okay wxl23:25

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!