=== thumper is now known as thumper-dogwalk
=== thumper-dogwalk is now known as thumper
=== JanC_ is now known as JanC
* qengho snubs hikiko.05:26
dufluGood morning05:29
RAOFHey hikiko!05:31
hikikoHey duflu, RS05:37
hikikoRAOF :p05:38
hikikoHow are you?05:38
qenghoPlease forgive me, hikiko!05:39
qenghoGood morning, all.05:39
dufluSo errm you guys come here often?05:39
RAOFI'm pretty good.05:40
hikikoLol, what ? qengho ? Good morning to you too!:-p05:40
qenghohikiko: Please don't melt today.05:41
hikikoOh, I didn't scroll up enough I didn't see you snubbed05:41
hikikoqengho it's not very warm today, atm we have around 2705:43
qenghoWow, that's really good.05:44
hikikoWhat's the weather in Taiwan ?05:44
qenghoMid 30s today.05:44
RAOFAnd 125% humidity?05:45
hikikoHeh, similar to here (except today)05:45
hikikolol raof that describes my city05:46
hikikoI guess applies to Taiwan too05:46
qenghoWith wind, it might be tolerable.05:46
qenghoThere is no wind.05:47
pittiGood morning05:47
hikikoqengho air conditioning ?05:47
qenghoPlenty of that. I'm hiding in a cafe.05:47
hikikoHaha :-)05:47
qenghoI know how to say "please, another iced coffee" better than anything else.05:49
hikikoHow ?05:49
* hikiko tests qengho's Chinese 05:50
qenghoSomething like "qing, duole yige tang bing de latte".05:51
qenghoOh, and large. Add a "da" in there.05:52
qenghoOr yibei. Yeah, that one.05:52
qenghoI'm probably wrong, but they're too polite to laugh.05:55
hikikoYeah that's a problem with the foreign languages05:55
hikikoPeople are too polite to correct you05:56
hikikoand you can't be sure if your sentences make sense05:56
hikikoCan't tell :p05:57
hikiko30 degrees already \m/05:58
jbichahikiko: well, was he right or are you too polite to correct him too? :)06:00
qenghojbicha: You know "it's all Greek to me"? For the Greek, they say it's Chinese to them.06:04
didrocksgood morning06:05
qenghohi didrocks.06:13
didrockshey qengho!06:15
hikikojbicha, I don't speak chinese :)06:20
hikikoit's chinese to me :)06:20
jbichahikiko: oops, sorry about that06:20
hikikoabout what?06:21
jbichaI'm embarassed about confusing Asian countries06:26
hikikolol, Greece is not in asia :) well, it's too close06:26
seb128good morning desktopers06:27
hikikohi seb128 :)06:27
seb128hey hikiko06:27
pittibonjour didrocks et seb128 ! comment allez-vous ?06:27
pittihey hikiko and qengho!06:27
seb128salut pitti, ça va bien ! et toi ?06:27
hikikobonjour pitti06:27
seb128looks like the systemd session is getting there ?06:27
pittiseb128: yes, it is; currently preparing some changes to upstart, and landing the graphical-session.target unit in systemd itself06:28
pittiseb128: and most other bits of systemd-graphical-session are in the landing CI now06:28
jbichahikiko: oh I didn't realize you were in Greece either06:28
pittiexcept xeyes of coures!06:28
seb128going to miss those eyes staring at me at login ;-)06:29
pittiseb128: I think it's just unity-settings-daemon and unity-gtk-module that's left06:29
pittiwell, landing that silo is still some work06:29
pittiwe should drop update-notifier from it, not sure if that's possible to do or this needs a completely new landing06:30
pittirobru: ^06:30
didrocksça va bien pitti, et toi ?06:30
hikikohaha jbicha, no worries :)06:31
pittididrocks: je vais bien, merci !06:31
hikikopitti apprends le francais?06:31
seb128pitti, why is update-notifier in there?06:31
pittihikiko: un petit peu06:31
pittiseb128: it shouldn't be06:31
hikikotu parles bien je crois06:32
pittihikiko: je crois que seb128 pense différemment :)06:33
didrocksqu'est-ce qu'il y connait seb128 au français ? :)06:35
hikikoil est un peu francophone peut etre... peut etre il n a pas oublier son francais06:35
pittididrocks: parce qu'il est demi-allemand ? :-)06:35
hikikoje ne savais pas qu'il est demi allemand... wow, so he speaks the 3 most dominent languages in eu... he must learn spanish too and then he can communicate everywhere...06:37
pittino, he must first learn Dutch :)06:37
* pitti hugs seb12806:37
didrockspitti: exactement ! :-)06:37
hikiko:s/everywhere/everywhere in eu06:37
hikikoil habite aux Pays bas (I am sure this is not written like that but ok :P)06:37
didrockshikiko: non non, très proche : "Pays-Bas"06:38
hikikoil y a 16 ans ou je n ai pas eu l occasion d ecrire une phrase en francais... :D06:39
* seb128 hugs pitti & didrocks06:43
seb128c'est l'heure du petit déjeuner, brb06:47
* didrocks hugs seb128 back, bon app!06:47
seb128'ci :-)06:47
=== davidcalle|afk is now known as davidcalle
willcookemorning all!07:47
seb128willcooke, hey! you are back ;-)07:49
willcookehi seb128, yeah afraid so07:49
willcookehad a nice break though, will share some pics later07:49
seb128we started wondering07:49
seb128we remember that you said you had thu/fri off07:50
willcookeyeah, I forgot I'd booked Monday off07:50
seb128ah, k07:50
willcookelogged in to my calendar on Monday morning, thought "oh" and promptly turned the computer off again and went out :)07:50
seb128lol, k07:51
willcookeI had plans to drop you a Telegram, and then forgot, sorry about that07:51
seb128it was not in the shared calendar07:51
willcookefigured you'd work it out07:51
seb128no worry07:51
willcookeoh, you're right I thought I'd added it there.07:51
didrockshey willcooke!07:52
willcookemorning didrocks07:52
qengho'sup, willcooke.07:53
willcookeafternoon qengho - how goes over there?  Still good?07:53
qenghowillcooke: yep. got to get back home soon. I leave it alone for just a few weeks and *the whole country* goes to poop.07:56
* qengho sighs.07:56
seb128hey Laney!08:04
* seb128 is disturbed by the fluctuations in Laney's schedule recently, saying hi one minute earlier today than yesterday, what's going on!08:05
seb128Laney, how are you? had fun at climbing?08:05
LaneyI hope you track my exit time as much as my entrance ¬_¬08:05
Laneyya, I'm good08:06
Laneywe had a mosquito in the bedroom last night so there was some late night fun catching that08:06
Laneyclimbing was okay but it gets hot in there08:06
Laneywhat about you?08:06
pittihey Laney08:06
seb128I played tennis from 5pm to 6:30pm, that was good08:07
Laneyhey pitti08:07
Laneyhow's it going?08:07
seb128otherwise a bit of work still after that, dinner and some tv, nothing fancy08:07
seb128got annoyed by a mosquito as well in the living room, but we didn't get it08:07
seb128at least it was not in the sleeping room so we didn't get bitten during the night!08:08
didrocksmorning Laney!08:08
Laneyevolution works though08:08
Laneythe sound of it moving around was VERY irritating08:08
seb128I hate when they pass by the ears08:08
Laneyola didrocks08:09
Laney¿cómo estas?08:09
Laney(or something)08:09
seb128 /unsee08:13
seb128but *really*08:13
* seb128 stares at cyphermox for approving08:13
pittiLaney: going well, thanks! landing more and more user session bits08:14
Laneynice work!08:14
Laneywill you land -pre in another PR?08:15
pittiLaney: yes, I will; I added it to the Debian package for nwo08:15
Laneywhat happened with that PropagateDependencies thing?08:15
pittiso with upstart ubuntu28 and systemd 231-1 we have all the necessary infra in place08:15
pittiLaney: no reply yet08:15
pittiLaney: I'll bring that up at systemd.conf at the latest, I'll do a presentation about graphical systemd sessions there08:16
pittibongiorno Trevinho!08:16
Laneyhey Trevinho08:16
pittiLaney: so ATM all the hacks are in http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-desktop/gnome-session/ubuntu/view/head:/debian/data/run-systemd-session08:17
pittiLaney: so over time we can reduce this to become tasteful hopefully :) and then extend this to more sessions than just ubuntu and xubuntu08:17
pittiLaney: the rest looks fairly good to me now08:18
pittiwow, look at that broken indentation -- /me fixes08:18
seb128hey Trevinho, how are you?08:19
Trevinhoseb128: hey seb, well thanks... You?08:20
Laneypitti: there's nothing in this world a bit of sleeping can't solve08:20
pittinaps are good!08:21
seb128pitti, why do you set GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID= a second time there?08:21
seb128or unset it08:21
seb128Trevinho, I'm good thanks :-)08:21
pittiseb128: I want to unset it after the session ends08:22
pittiseb128: ... but I'm doing that wrong indeed, this needs to move down; thanks for spotting!08:22
seb128pitti, yw!08:22
pittiseb128: pushed08:22
seb128k, makes more sense now08:23
seb128I get the --quiet is-active call is cheap but that's happening while the session is open right?08:23
seb128wouldn't it make more sense to have at least 10s there?08:23
seb128or is that going to delay closing/shutdown by as much?08:23
pittiseb128: yes, it will08:24
pittilogout, not shutdown08:24
seb128I see08:24
pittiseb128: that's the bit which I want to fix first, it's really ugly08:25
seb128we should probably have a bug targetted to yakkety to fix that one08:25
pittiseb128: I'll add a WI for, say, 16.0908:25
pitti(holidays and too much to do in August)08:25
seb128I think it's fine for the unstable cycle08:25
Laneythat one could be something like watching the logind session on dbus like for g-k08:25
seb128but I wouldn't like the idea to have a such hack in a release08:25
pittiwriting a small downstream helper which listens to the signal is fairly simple, if we don't get it into systemctl proper in time08:26
seb128the logind session can get you stuck though no?08:26
seb128like if there are processes in its session not properly closing/exiting08:26
Laneythe state changes to 'closing'08:27
seb128I sometime end up with indicator-session showing an user still logged in08:27
pittiseb128: we just need to listen to systemd's signal that the thingy unit we start goes to "stopped"08:27
Laneythat's how we know when to kill gnome-keyring-daemon08:27
Laneyor you can watch some unit on systemd's api08:27
pitticonceptually we just want systemctl start --wait-until-stopped ${DESKTOP_SESSION}-session.target08:28
andyrockmorning all08:30
Trevinhohi andrea08:31
Trevinhohikiko: hey, did you see https://code.launchpad.net/~3v1n0/unity/shadows-on-existing-pixmaps-cleanup/+merge/301099 ?08:31
seb128hey andyrock, how are you today?08:31
andyrockcould not sleep that well08:33
andyrockyou seb128 ?08:33
seb128I'm good thanks08:33
Trevinhoandyrock: too much excitement in yesteday's ride?08:33
seb128oh, too warm in Italy?08:33
Trevinhohe lives in the top of an hill, it can't be hot :-D08:34
andyrockahaha too many thoughts08:34
Trevinho(very nice place, though... with sea view)08:34
hikikoyes Trevinho I think there are corner cases though if we move the func to the DecorationsManager08:34
Trevinhowhat you mean?08:35
hikikoTrevinho, I want to check something  - reviewing it08:35
andyrockvabbè guardo i singoli commit08:38
Trevinhohikiko: ok... I've just moved that to the window, since it builds textures for a window. Plus i've removed some duplicated code and usde better C++ features08:39
hikikoyeah, I saw you renamed some variables etc, thanks08:40
dufluTrevinho: Am I imagining things or has widget scaling got better in 16.10? 16.04 and below is annoying to configure at 1080p but 16.10 looks better proportioned08:45
dufluI mean 16.10 deals better with non-integer scaling values08:46
dufluandyrock: You're back?08:48
andyrockhey duflu08:49
dufluandyrock: You were away from Ubuntu, no?08:49
andyrockduflu: jejej nope :D08:49
dufluOh. I don't pay enough attention08:50
Laneypitti: what was the problem with talking to the user systemd on dbus?08:50
pittiLaney: "the problem"?08:50
Laneythe one tedg and I had08:50
andyrockduflu: btw gtk scaling is still 1 or 208:50
Laneylaney@nightingale> busctl --user introspect org.freedesktop.systemd1 /org/freedesktop/systemd1                                                                                                      ~08:50
LaneyFailed to introspect object /org/freedesktop/systemd1 of service org.freedesktop.systemd1: Process org.freedesktop.systemd1 exited with status 108:51
dufluandyrock: Yeah, but something looks better in yakkety. Maybe it's the Ubuntu titlebars only08:51
pittiLaney: ah, so it wasn't systemd-shim and it wasn't cgmanager; it seems I don't remember any more,  or we never actually demystified it08:51
LaneyI forgot if we did08:51
andyrockI actually made some experiments last w.e. to try to make it floating08:51
seb128andyrock, don't waste effort on that, I think upstream made an explicit choice by making it an int and wouldn't take a patch to change that08:53
andyrocki'm actually using windows 10 on my spare time because of that XD08:54
Trevinhoduflu: hey, well... in gtk?08:54
andyrockdell xps 15 just sucks with scaling 208:54
seb128andyrock, :-(08:55
andyrock1.75 would be perfect08:55
* Sweet5hark1 find awesome work by ochosi on g+.08:56
Sweet5hark1ochosi: awesome, thanks that helps a lot!08:56
seb128good morning Sweet5hark108:56
Sweet5hark1good morn'.08:57
dufluSorry was on the phone Trevinho09:03
dufluandyrock: I've found GTK's integer staling > 1 only really works on 3K or 4K displays. 1080p is really hard but it's better in yakkety09:03
dufluI guess because the widgets only have integer scaling factors, everything only looks right on integers09:04
* Trevinho won't ever forgive gtk for not having supported floating scaling!09:04
dufluYeah GTK is now a little too old-fashioned09:05
andyrockduflu: i've a 4k display and scaling 2 does not feel ok09:05
dufluandyrock: Yeah same problem. I guess at 15" a scale of 2.0 is too big09:06
andyrockyeah so would actually be not that difficult to support floating scaling09:06
dufluI believe GTK still has some bitmap-based widgets that need integer scaling..?09:07
andyrockTrevinho told me that is because of pixel alignment09:07
dufluThat's what I mean09:07
andyrockbut on high-dpi 1px less 1 px more is not visible at all09:08
Trevinhoyeah... rounding wouldn't have been a problem.... Really not a problem.09:08
Trevinhonobody ever noticed the rounding we do in unity7...09:08
TrevinhoAnd indeed we still have integer-sized windows (of course)09:08
dufluI think you're right... we'd be better off forcing GTK to use floats than dealing with just ints09:08
Trevinhowhich... we might try to do09:08
dufluThe loss of quality isn't as bad as the gain in readability09:09
Laneypitti: I think it probably only works under dbus user sessions09:13
pittiLaney: oh! is that what you didn't have installed? very plausibly09:13
pittiLaney: otherwise systemd --user uses its internal dbus socket (/run/user/1000/systemd/private)09:14
Laneypitti: not on my outside system09:14
Laneypitti: https://paste.debian.net/785326 <- rough first draft10:55
pittiLaney: nice!10:59
pittiI'd still like to get this into systemctl proper to avoid the python overhead and the dependencies, but this is better than the polling loop already11:00
Laneyright, it should be, but this is better for now imho11:01
Laneyso do what you will with it :-)11:01
* Laney goes away into juju land for a while11:01
ogra_jibel, FYI "initctl start indicator-network" in the terminal app gets me a properly working indicator in u811:05
ogra_oh ! and it even shows my existing  vpn setup to choose from11:07
seb128Laney, your python dbus foo is strong, you should rewrite that ubiquity hack with proper code :-)11:31
LaneyI should add a review comment at the minimum11:40
seb128yes please11:42
pittiseb128: the dbus-monitor polling one? omg yes :)11:46
seb128pitti, yeah :-/11:46
pittialso, it's "fu" :)11:47
seb128oh, right ... thanks!11:47
LaneyI used *DISAPPROVE*11:54
Laneyfelt better than Needs Fixing11:54
jibelogra_, on yakkety?11:55
jibelogra_, how do you install the terminal app?11:55
ogra_jibel, xenial with overlay ... but i guess it works on yakkety too11:55
ogra_jibel, there is a link in mhalls blog post11:55
ogra_sadly AltGr still doesnt work in unity8 apps for me :(11:56
ogra_(it works in libertine apps ... but there i have no keyboard repeat at all ... which is super annoying )11:57
bregmaogra_, the fix for that is in the next Xmir upload11:58
bregmakey repeat, I mean11:58
ogra_yeah, thats what i understood11:58
bregmaAltGr might be in Mir 0.24  maybe11:58
ogra_bregma, btw, my high load seems to have been eds running in the libertine container ... battling with the natively running one ...11:59
ogra_my fan is silent when i dont run evo11:59
jibelogra_, thanks the indicator starts with initctl11:59
ogra_seems to be some race on session startup12:00
jibelogra_, I can now upload crashes without switching to unity7 ;)12:00
ogra_well, switching back to u7 i usually spend 10mins clicking away apport windows12:00
* ogra_ blames pitti 12:00
bregmathey're like cockroaches12:01
ogra_and every time i think i'm done a new one pops up12:01
bregma*just* like cockroaches12:01
ogra_so now having the music app behave would be awesome12:02
ogra_it starts but freaks out when you actually want to play someting12:02
ogra_and even more funny ... *everything* i click in the indicator that opens a remote app (system settings, clock etc) actually opens the music app by default if i have it installed12:03
ogra_aha ... uninstalling and re-installing it seems to have fixed that last bit12:04
ogra_hmm, there must be a way to make libertine use a proper cursor12:06
bregmaogra_, yes, but it's still a work in progress12:07
ogra_ha,  got it ...12:08
ogra_just installing dmz-cursor-theme along with light-themes and ubuntu-settings gets me the full default theme support12:09
ogra_that looks a lot better :)12:09
ogra_hmm, funny, installing lautfm-player gets me proper playback ... seems to be an issue in the music app itself12:17
jibelbregma, I cannot start libertine on yakkety, it crahes with bug 160655612:19
ubot5bug 1606556 in libertine (Ubuntu) "/usr/bin/libertine:11:QListData::size:QList:ContainerAppsList::size:QQmlAdaptorModel::count:QQmlDelegateModel::_q_modelReset" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/160655612:19
happyaronseb128: hey, ping for n-m/1.2.2, ;-)12:21
seb128happyaron, hey, right I know it's on my list, just got busy and previous week was .1 etc, trying to get to it this afternoon12:22
Trevinhotedg: hey, could you please merge again https://code.launchpad.net/~ted/unity/systemd-unit with andyrock's branch?13:10
Trevinho(not sure they cleanly merge right now)13:10
tedgTrevinho: Ah, yeah, I can.13:10
Trevinhotedg: ta13:12
Trevinhotedg: also, I was thinking... using that code in the current yakkety causes the Start/Stop calls to not happen since the proxy is not connected... They get queued though... Maybe you could avoid to call start/stop if the systemd_proxy_ is not connected?13:15
Trevinhotedg: at the beginning I had the idea of just provinding one of the two wrappers, depending on what is running in the session, but... It's a little to annoying, and I didn't want you to create an abstract class just for that, but... Maybe...13:16
tedgTrevinho: Oh, because it's connecting to the session bus instead of the user bus right now?13:16
Trevinhotedg: yes13:17
tedgTrevinho: We won't have the Upstart stuff for long hopefully, so I don't think it's worth abstracting.13:17
Trevinhotedg: yeah, same I thought...13:18
Trevinhotedg: but currently  guess we'd get some "Timed out waiting for proxy" erros in unity logs13:18
Trevinhotedg: is an env var available when systemd is there?13:19
tedgtedg: I think checking if it's connected is fine. We can drop that too once we get migrated over if it's taking too long.13:19
Trevinhotedg: I mean, it might be not connected at the very start of the session... Like if starting with unity already locked (because of a crash) though13:20
Trevinhobut... Yeah, as you say, this is something we can get rid of13:20
Trevinhoor, juts check for an env var presency for both upstart and systemd wrappers13:21
Trevinhotedg: also /usr/share/unity/unity-compiz-profile I'd prefer it to be in /usr/lib/unity13:23
Trevinhotedg: and probably renamed unity-compiz-profile-set or -selector or... anything that explains better :-)13:24
tedgK, I was avoiding changing the codebase too much, but since andyrock moved the .conf file into the build system we can move it to lib.13:25
Trevinhotedg: yeah, that's nicer13:33
cyphermoxLaney: seb128: do you want to file a merge proposal for ubiquity, since you know how to "do it the right way"13:43
seb128cyphermox, hey, going to let Laney comment on that, I don't know offhand but shouldn't be hard to write, I was just reacting to calling cmds and parsin std output this way13:44
LaneyNot sure why the scare quotes, but I don't particularly have time right now, sorry13:44
LaneyI would ask the contributor, but maybe they won't do it now it got merged13:45
seb128cyphermox, I guess we can still revert and ask the submitter to do it properly13:45
cyphermoxseb128: I think we'll want to do the change and do another upload13:46
seb128need to find a "we" then13:47
Laneyhow can git rebase fail on a commit in the upstream branch?13:54
Laneyhuh, weird13:55
pittiLaney: wait, gbp?13:55
Laneyreal git13:56
pittiLaney: not sure what you mean, but last time I fell into trouble was when I rebased master and scribbled over/deleted the merge commit from upstream13:56
Laneyno merge commits here13:56
LaneyI think there was a force push though13:56
* Laney spanks ximion 13:56
pittiah, or that13:57
Laneypitti: it was <rewind changes>; <apply changes from upstream>; merge failure in one of those13:57
LaneyI don't see how that can happen in normal circumstances13:57
Laneygit log master..HEAD revealed the problem though13:57
Laney-> it showed one of the changes that should have been on master13:58
Laneynow to try and repair this without brute force13:59
* Laney tries git rebase -i; delete force pushed commit13:59
Laneypitti: if you're on debian-devel, would be nice to reply to http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.general/21006614:01
pittiLaney: I'm not, but thanks for the pointer; I'll read it RSN14:02
pittiLaney: https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2016/07/msg00484.html has the Message-Id: for replying14:03
ximionLaney: what? where?14:04
Laneypitti: nod (I used http://mid.gmane.org/<message-id> as a lazy way to get a link) :)14:04
Laneyximion: my branch has "e50f836d47ecf09ffbd3fa672542685a39461d0e Use appender more often and apply some style fixes" but master has "c638e73255030b047db317799187a15698d0dad0 Use appender more often and apply some style fixes"14:07
Laneyximion: it could be that I messed it up by mistake though14:07
ximiondoesn't look like your fault, actually...14:09
ximionsomething went wrong there14:10
Laneywithout looking I would guess commit --amend and push --force14:11
ximionprobably, but I don't remember conciously force-pushing anything during Debconf14:13
ximionanyway, the branch wasn't protected yet (= force-pushing was possible)14:13
* ximion fixed that a few minutes ago14:13
Laneythose IPAs were quite strong14:13
ximionIndian Pale Ales?14:15
ximionthe easiest way to fix this would propapbly be to export the patches and import them on a clean branch14:18
Laneyno way, git is powerful enough14:18
ximionlooks like I messed something up there in the past, sorry for that14:18
ximionneat :)14:18
LaneyI did an interactive rebase and told it to delete the conflicting patch14:18
Laneythen there is a real conflict in getIndexFile14:19
Laney"Successfully rebased and updated refs/heads/online."14:19
ximionneat .)14:23
ximionthe next thing I will do is to clean up the statistics (to only store actually useful information), and maybe make a "components recently added" page14:23
Laneyximion: so what is needed to get this merged? support Translation-gz again I guess14:23
ximionyes, from last time I checked this was the only real issue14:24
Laneylet me do this now14:24
ximioncreate a PR for this, then I can look over it again14:24
LaneyIS have fixed the firewall so I can do a full run with screenshots14:24
ximion(but last time, it already looked quite good)14:24
LaneyI didn't check it with a non-remote mirror14:24
Laneywould be good to know I didn't break that ...14:25
ximionscreenshot-resizing in asgen is also less dumb now14:25
ximionhehe, I really want to work on AppStream stuff, but I also really need to get other things done... ^^14:26
Laneytoo many projects14:27
ximionuniversity, this time14:28
ximioncouldn't get anything else done during the Snappy sprint14:28
ximionbut that sprint was really successful, so that's fine :)14:29
hikikohey Trevinho and andyrock could you wait for my review in the shadow code?14:29
hikikoI ve seen it's top approved already14:29
hikikoand I was awaiting that review 7 months14:29
hikikois it so urgent?14:29
ximionLaney: btw, I plan to do a large libappstream API break soonish - will simplify a lot of things, drop all deprecated bits and remaining functions from when Xapian was a required component14:30
ximionthe changes will also help maging asgen better14:30
Laneywhat else is using libappstream?14:31
ximionDiscover, AppCenter, Isenkram, ...14:32
ximionprobably more that I don't know of14:32
ximionporting should be trivial though, I will likely do that for all the packages in Debian14:33
Trevinhohikiko: you can still review it, add your bit on it.14:33
Trevinhohikiko: no urgency, just that I'm landing... So I want to clean the plate14:33
hikikoyou didn't tell me that before so I was doing other things Trevinho14:34
hikikonow it's the end of my day14:34
hikikocould you change the status to needs review and maybe include it in the next landing?14:34
hikikoI will check it 1st thing tomorrow14:35
hikikoanyway, I have to go, see you later14:37
Trevinhohikiko: ok, in case there's something to fix, we can just fix in a new MP... There's no much logic change since your branch. Just optimizations14:40
=== dpm is now known as dpm-afk
willcookeblimey, it's meeting time already15:30
willcooke#startmeeting Desktop Team Weekly Meeting 2016-07-2615:30
meetingologyMeeting started Tue Jul 26 15:30:33 2016 UTC.  The chair is willcooke. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.15:30
meetingologyAvailable commands: action commands idea info link nick15:30
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Amaterasu watches over you benevolently | Tag "gtk318" for gtk 3.18 bugs please and thanks | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting 2016-07-26 | Current topic:
willcookeToday has flown past15:30
willcookeLots of email to catch up on15:30
* Trevinho agrees15:30
willcookeRoll call: andyrock, attente, desrt (hols),  dgadomski, fjkong, happyaron (out), hikiko (out), laney, qengho, seb128, sweet5hark, themuso (out), tkamppeter, trevinho, robert_ancell (hols)15:31
FJKongwake up15:31
Sweet5hark1do you glow in the dark now, willcooke?15:32
willcookeSweet5hark1, :D  I have special powers now15:32
willcookeright, let's get started15:32
Sweet5hark1willcooke: arrgh! will be careful then15:32
willcooke#topic andyrock15:32
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Amaterasu watches over you benevolently | Tag "gtk318" for gtk 3.18 bugs please and thanks | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting 2016-07-26 | Current topic: andyrock
andyrock1. [BUG:1605012] /usr/bin/compiz:6:__gnu_cxx::__verbose_terminate_handler:__cxxabiv1::__terminate:std::terminate:__cxxabiv1::__cxa_throw:void15:33
andyrock2. [BUG:1605010] /usr/bin/compiz:11:unity::IconTexture::SetTexture:unity::ui::UnityWindowView:::sigc::adaptor_functor:sigc::internal::slot_call4:sigc::internal::signal_emit415:33
andyrock3. [BUG:1605231] Eject notification icon not properly scaled on high-dpi.15:33
andyrock4. [BUG:1605256] Switcher detail view does not scale properly on high dpi15:33
andyrock5. [BUG:1605180] Compiz hogging CPU when screen off15:33
andyrock6. [BUG:1506023] Unityshell sometimes is removed from active-plugins unity list15:33
andyrock7. [BUG:1606254] Super+S activates expo plugin even on a 1x1 setup15:33
andyrock8. [BUG:1606234] Actions menu is displaced on high-dpi15:33
andyrock9. [BUG:1044662] compiz crashed with signal 5 (SIGTRAP) in g_logv() from g_log() from g_settings_schema_get_value() from g_settings_schema_key_init() from g_settings_get_value()15:33
andyrockIn progress (almost done, just minor changes required):15:33
andyrock10. [BUG:1564375] Unity should take display scaling into account to avoid placement of desktop icons under launcher15:33
andyrock11. [BUG:1600389] Keep the screen locked if autologin is enabled15:33
willcookejust those 11 bugs then?15:33
andyrocksmall ones15:34
willcookethanks andyrock, good stuff :)15:34
willcooke#topic attente15:34
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Amaterasu watches over you benevolently | Tag "gtk318" for gtk 3.18 bugs please and thanks | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting 2016-07-26 | Current topic: attente
willcookeattente, congratulations on your award!  Well deserved.15:34
attentehey, not much news, just some gtk-mir patch review15:34
attentere-visiting the apparmor dconf work again, old patches are pretty stale and don't really apply any more15:34
attenteupdated the java-non-latin-shortcuts ppa for xenial15:34
willcookethanks attente15:35
LaneyI mean "not much news" apart from being the hero of the week15:35
* Laney golf clap15:35
* willcooke stands 15:35
willcookecheers to attente15:35
attentethanks guys.. *nervous*15:36
* Sweet5hark1 nods while writing his items ...15:36
seb128congrats attente, well deserved with the work you are doing ;-)15:36
Laneynow you know the CEO is watching you closely15:36
seb128gra, need to restart session, I switched user and got fonts missing again, hate intel15:36
willcooke#topic dgadomski15:37
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Amaterasu watches over you benevolently | Tag "gtk318" for gtk 3.18 bugs please and thanks | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting 2016-07-26 | Current topic: dgadomski
dgadomskiUnfortunately I was busy with non-desktop stuff this week, so nothing really to share this time.15:37
willcookenp, thanks dgadomski15:37
robrupitti: to drop a package from a landing you have to manually delete from the PPA then edit the ticket to remove mention of the package (MPs and source name)15:37
willcooke#topic FJKong15:37
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Amaterasu watches over you benevolently | Tag "gtk318" for gtk 3.18 bugs please and thanks | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting 2016-07-26 | Current topic: FJKong
FJKongsogou IM bug tracing as follow:15:37
FJKong* when using under Gnome HiDPI (SurfacePro3) font size and position not right.15:37
FJKong* tesing dependency of libapng, upgrading to latest version15:38
FJKong* tracing memery leak point15:38
FJKong* other strange bugs about punctuation inputing.15:38
willcookethanks FJKong, did that phone ever arrive?15:38
FJKongmaybe next year15:38
willcookeI'll try again and find out why it wasn't shipped to the office15:38
willcookethanks djinni`15:38
willcookeoops sorry djinni` - ignore15:38
willcookethanks FJKong15:39
willcooke#topic happyaron15:39
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Amaterasu watches over you benevolently | Tag "gtk318" for gtk 3.18 bugs please and thanks | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting 2016-07-26 | Current topic: happyaron
willcooke1. libpng + apng patch for FJ's animated skin work15:39
willcooke2. trafficserver/6.2.015:39
willcooke3. n-m/1.2.2 updated15:39
willcooke4. sogou for ubuntu phone meetings15:39
willcooke#topic hikiko15:39
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Amaterasu watches over you benevolently | Tag "gtk318" for gtk 3.18 bugs please and thanks | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting 2016-07-26 | Current topic: hikiko
willcooke- small fixes on nux/unity blur optimisation15:39
willcooke- started next snap (blender)15:39
willcooke- looking at the window motion problem15:39
willcooke#topic Laney15:39
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Amaterasu watches over you benevolently | Tag "gtk318" for gtk 3.18 bugs please and thanks | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting 2016-07-26 | Current topic: Laney
Laney• Some more small tweaks to theme; re-merge with trunk, upload to PPA15:39
Laney• Merge nautilus in the PPA (refresh headerbar patches :/), ready for the transition15:39
Laney• 3.20 is delayed because of the alpha, sorry - I didn't notice it was happening until Monday15:39
Laney• Ask r_obert / m_terry for help with the unity-greeter issue; being worked a bit now15:39
Laney• systemd sprint and followup15:39
Laney∘ some more jobs15:40
Laney∘ pstreaming of gnome-keyring patch15:40
Laney∘ upload a couple of bits to Ubuntu15:40
Laney∘ Write a POC thing to wait for a job to finish instead of repeatedly polling in a sleep loop15:40
Laney• Now working on the new asgen, need to (1) juju-ify it, (2) deploy to staging, (3) re-implement translations and langpack support15:40
willcookesuper, thanks Laney15:40
willcookewill follow up with you and s_eb128  this week on the mini sprint15:41
willcooke#topic qengho15:41
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Amaterasu watches over you benevolently | Tag "gtk318" for gtk 3.18 bugs please and thanks | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting 2016-07-26 | Current topic: qengho
qenghoJust Cr security updates this week,15:41
qengho* New Chromium release. Yay, v52! Built for y. Testing.15:41
qengho* Still fixing up v51.0.2704.106 for p, t, w, x. Known remaining: some SSE code path problems. Will release probably tomorrow.15:41
willcookethanks qengho15:41
willcookeso many critical security issues, so little time15:41
willcooke#topic seb12815:41
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Amaterasu watches over you benevolently | Tag "gtk318" for gtk 3.18 bugs please and thanks | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting 2016-07-26 | Current topic: seb128
seb128• systemd user-session hackfest15:42
seb128∘ spent some time getting familiar with the tech/work15:42
seb128∘ worked on porting the hud and update-notifier jobs15:42
seb128∘ investigated qt theming being wrong (due to missing env variable, p_itti fixed it)15:42
seb128∘ fixed polkit-gnome not working anymore15:42
seb128• spent some time talking to the people in heidelberg/reading their documents to get uptodate with the snap topics discussed there (shared content, frameworks, translations)15:42
seb128• didn't do bug triage for a while, so spent some cycle on that15:42
willcookethanks seb12815:42
willcookewould like to have a proper sprint debrief with you and Robert once he's back15:43
willcookei.e. next week15:43
willcooke#topic Sweet5hark115:43
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Amaterasu watches over you benevolently | Tag "gtk318" for gtk 3.18 bugs please and thanks | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting 2016-07-26 | Current topic: Sweet5hark1
Sweet5hark1- libreoffice 5.2.0 rc3 as snap and dpkg15:43
Sweet5hark1- posted about the theme issue, kudos to ochosi who provided some excellent hints, needs to work on those now15:43
Sweet5hark1- some security stuff15:43
Sweet5hark1- prepared some notes for l10n on snap, seens i wasnt needed in the hangout -- so emailed them instead15:43
Sweet5hark1- had some LibreOffice folks over for home hacking15:43
Sweet5hark1- fixed a mail merge regression upstream15:43
Sweet5hark1- upstream code review15:43
willcookethanks ochosi :)15:43
willcookeand thanks Sweet5hark115:43
Sweet5hark1indeed: ochosi rocks!15:44
willcooke#topic TheMuso15:44
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Amaterasu watches over you benevolently | Tag "gtk318" for gtk 3.18 bugs please and thanks | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting 2016-07-26 | Current topic: TheMuso
willcooke* Getting back to original cycle plans... Working on fixing more bugs in a11y-profile-manager, properly supporting desktop environments, still working out a solution in the installer because XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP may not always be set.15:44
willcooke* Updated Orca to latest upstream release.15:44
willcooke* Working on syncing speech-dispatcher with debian so it can be purely maintained there, and shouldn't require any more merging in the future.15:44
willcooke* Started working on a pulseaudio documentation package. Its available in the source, but not shipped.15:44
willcooke#topic tkamppeter15:44
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Amaterasu watches over you benevolently | Tag "gtk318" for gtk 3.18 bugs please and thanks | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting 2016-07-26 | Current topic: tkamppeter
tkamppeter- OpenPrinting web site: Evaluated possibilities for web site improvement and partial moving of services (to ease maintainability, follow current standards, and to overcome low attention by LF sys admins):15:44
tkamppeter   o Repositories to GitHub as the general standard15:44
tkamppeter   o Static content to GitHub/Jekyll to make it GIT-repo- instead of GUI-interface-based15:44
tkamppeter   o Mirroring of driver database to a PWG-(Printing Working Group, www.pwg.org)-supplied server15:44
tkamppeter   o Replace forums by mailing lists.15:44
tkamppeter- Snappy: Studied the way how to snap CUPS and asked questions on Snappy mailing list.15:44
tkamppeter- Google Summer of Code 2016: Guide students through their projects15:44
tkamppeter- Bugs15:44
willcookethanks tkamppeter15:45
willcooke#topic Trevinho15:45
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Amaterasu watches over you benevolently | Tag "gtk318" for gtk 3.18 bugs please and thanks | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting 2016-07-26 | Current topic: Trevinho
Trevinho· Fixed various crashes from e.u.c15:45
Trevinho· Use gsettings sync when saving settings in migration scripts15:45
Trevinho· Reworked hikiko's shadows on shaped windows branch to be more C++ friendly and use more caching15:45
Trevinho· Continued working in unity8 slots indicators15:45
Trevinho· Various reviews15:45
Trevinho· About to finalize a new juicy landing for BAMF, compiz and unity15:45
Trevinho  /EOF [out Thu and Fri]15:45
seb128coming ones?15:45
seb128or the previous ones? (I think you swapped thursday?)15:45
TrevinhoI swapped 1 day last week15:46
Trevinhothanks :)15:46
willcookethanks Trevinho15:46
willcooke#topic AOB15:46
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Amaterasu watches over you benevolently | Tag "gtk318" for gtk 3.18 bugs please and thanks | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting 2016-07-26 | Current topic: AOB
willcookeWas off yesterday, so I'll send out a who is where email in a mo15:46
seb128congrats everyone one getting a good 16.04.1 one btw!15:47
willcookeindeed, well done!15:47
seb128we didn't mention it much but good stack of improvements/fixes in there15:47
seb128feedback from what I read is nice15:47
seb128hikiko, Trevinho, great work on the lowgfx, that makes vms nicer to use15:48
seb128(well other improvements/fixes are nice as well but that one is quite noticable when you test something in a vm ;-)15:48
Trevinhoyeah, I didn't expect that it would have become so snappy15:48
* willcooke wonders what happened to that blog post marketing asked him to write about the release 15:48
TrevinhoI tend to use VMs with 3d accels, but yeah..15:48
Trevinhono post?15:49
willcookeI can't find it if they did15:49
Trevinhowe need to spam...15:49
willcookewill chase15:49
LaneyTrevinho: are you still looking at the black corners thing btw?15:49
TrevinhoLaney: I've that in my todo...15:49
Trevinhobut... I gave a stop on that as i wanted to focus on some stuff I'm keeping in the stash for too long, after the crashfixes..15:50
Laneyas you wish15:50
willcookeok, let's wrap the meeting with a picture of x_nox chasing a penguin.  http://tinyurl.com/h4uzrc715:50
Laneyit's going to be in the release soon15:50
willcookeLaney, Trevinho please carry on once meeting is closed....15:51
Laneywtf is a webp15:51
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Amaterasu watches over you benevolently | Tag "gtk318" for gtk 3.18 bugs please and thanks
meetingologyMeeting ended Tue Jul 26 15:51:21 2016 UTC.15:51
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-desktop/2016/ubuntu-desktop.2016-07-26-15.30.moin.txt15:51
* qengho Zzz15:51
willcookenight qengho FJKong15:51
andyrockmeeting over andy's day is over too15:51
FJKongwillcooke: tnx15:51
willcookecya andyrock15:51
Laneynothing that firefox likes15:51
seb128willcooke, we didn't activate upgrade suggestions yet afaik, so maybe they were waiting on that15:52
seb128willcooke, I saw yesterday that j_ibel asked to delay a day to show the prompt because they wanted the test results from Dell certified machines (I think)15:52
willcookeseb128, ohh, could be.  More likely they forgot, but that might work out nicely15:52
willcookeoh cool, thanks seb128  - will follow up with him now15:52
seb128Ubuntu is not webp friendly15:57
seb128neither firefox, eog nor gimp likes it15:57
seb128had to install "webp" and use the vwebp command line tool15:57
Laneychromium can do it15:58
seb128thanks for the hint, didn't think about trying there15:58
Laneypackage that16:00
seb128honestly, wth intel!16:02
seb128gpu errors, session corrupted on closed every thrid user switch16:02
willcookeas in snap that package16:03
willcookenot the same problems as seb12816:03
seb128what do we snap? ;-)16:04
seb128not a good snap example :p16:04
willcooke(I know, it wont work as a snap)16:04
seb128well maybe with content sharing!16:04
seb128though it's going to share with other snaps16:05
seb128so not going to work for the deb side of your system16:05
willcookean idea forms16:05
willcookean unconfined snap, which you could add to your library path, which then reshares content sharing snaps16:06
willcooke2. hand wave16:06
willcooke3. PROFIT16:06
seb128will "hack master" cooke16:07
=== Guest85579 is now known as fredp
=== fredp is now known as Guest9039
seb128k, time for dinner and some tennis, have a nice evening desktopers, see you tomorrow!17:03
willcookecya seb12817:06
* willcooke offski too17:06
=== dpm-afk is now known as dpm
bschaeferhello looking to get a patch in yakkety for libsdl1.2, not 100% sure how to go about his, but ive a debian/patch and have tested everything!18:33
sarnoldbschaefer: prepare a debdiff, file a bug on the source package, including a description of the tsting you've done, and subscribe sponsors20:21
bschaefersarnold, thanks!20:21

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!