=== JanC is now known as Guest52303
=== JanC_ is now known as JanC
=== Kilos is now known as inet
=== inet is now known as Kilos
=== jamespag` is now known as jamespage
=== arosales_ is now known as arosales
sil2100Are these meetings still a thing?16:01
sil2100If yes then I am not prepared16:01
chilukfoundations has been sprinting a bit.16:01
bdmurrayfor today at least16:01
ogra_looks more like it is the foundations yoga class16:01
dokothe mice are dancing alone ...16:02
* slangasek waves16:02
xnoxthe last foundations meetings ever.... for 201616:04
chilukseriously? there are two weeks left in 2016.16:04
xnoxunless people are around next week?16:04
xnoxchiluk, well i have enough holiday to stop working. But i am carrying some over.16:05
infinitySome are, some aren't.16:05
sil2100I'm still around16:05
robruI'll sleep when I'm dead16:05
meetingologyMeeting started Thu Dec 15 16:05:49 2016 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.16:05
meetingologyAvailable commands: action commands idea info link nick16:05
slangasek[TOPIC] Lightning round16:05
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Lightning round
slangasek$ echo $(shuf -e barry doko bdmurray slangasek caribou infinity sil2100 robru cyphermox tdaitx xnox chiluk mwhudson)16:06
slangasekchiluk barry bdmurray robru caribou infinity mwhudson cyphermox tdaitx slangasek doko sil2100 xnox16:06
slangasekchiluk can lead us off16:06
chilukwinner.. and unprepared.16:06
sil2100Phew, still time to prepare16:06
xnoxgaughen, mumble? =)16:06
chiluklp 1634304 - Unable to complete install: 'Couldn't find hvm kernel for Ubuntu tree.16:06
chiluk need to check status of SRU16:06
chiluklp 1639202 - Cannot enlist/commission machines in MAAS 2.1 with usb network adapter.  Turns out dell machines have this awesome mac passthru feature such that the usb device will get the mac of the built-in nic. - closed16:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1634304 in virt-manager (Ubuntu Yakkety) "Unable to complete install: 'Couldn't find hvm kernel for Ubuntu tree" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/163430416:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1639202 in linux (Ubuntu) "Cannot enlist/commission machines in MAAS 2.1 with usb network adapter" [Undecided,Invalid] https://launchpad.net/bugs/163920216:06
chilukI probably have a few more things, but I drew the short straw.. so ---done-- for now16:07
barryubuntu-image: review sil2100 branches; LP: #1640523; LP: #1637554; LP: #1649798; LP: #1641727 (begin planning)16:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1640523 in snapd (Ubuntu) "Parse integer-like YAML values as strings" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/164052316:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1637554 in Ubuntu Image ""Invalid cross-device link" and failed to preserve ownership error on image-output... " [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/163755416:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1649798 in Ubuntu Image "snap version of ubuntu-image fails in error" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/164979816:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1641727 in Ubuntu Image "Support multiple volumes per gadget.yaml" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/164172716:07
barrydebuntu: xonsh 0.4.7+dfsg-2 review/sponsor; debian bug #844650 & LP: #1631156; debian bug #824659; debian bug #814379; debian bug #840673; debian bug #83028116:07
ubottuDebian bug 844650 in wnpp "ITP: flufl.testing -- a small collection of Python test helpers" [Wishlist,Fixed] http://bugs.debian.org/84465016:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1631156 in Ubuntu Image "flake8.extension entry point has global ramifications" [High,Won't fix] https://launchpad.net/bugs/163115616:07
ubottuDebian bug 824659 in wnpp "ITP: python-public -- @public decorator for adding names to __all__" [Wishlist,Fixed] http://bugs.debian.org/82465916:07
slangasekchiluk: you had a whole extra week to prepare! :)16:07
ubottuDebian bug 814379 in twine "twine: Missing dependency on python3-setuptools." [Serious,Fixed] http://bugs.debian.org/81437916:07
ubottuDebian bug 840673 in python-pkg-resources "pkg_resources: ‘load_entry_point’ crashes without Setuptools" [Normal,Open] http://bugs.debian.org/84067316:07
barryother: python issue #28937 (str.split() behavior)16:07
chilukslangasek... I chose to not live in the past.16:07
ogra_barry, sil2100 ... i noticed you made the root partition configurable ?16:07
bdmurrayadded test case to gdb bug LP: #164550116:08
bdmurrayuploaded X fix, wrote test case for LP: #164064516:08
bdmurraysubmitted archive tools mp regarding rejection bug comments, queue casing16:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1645501 in gdb (Ubuntu Yakkety) "corefiles not created in armhf chroot on arm64 porter" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/164550116:08
ogra_barry, sil2100, if you do that, please make sure it does not break resizing16:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1640645 in ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu Xenial) "free space check doesn't take into account kernel upgrades" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/164064516:08
sil2100ogra_: there's a pull request for that, yes16:08
bdmurrayused bileto to test sponsoring a uvtool fix16:08
bdmurraysubmitted bileto bug LP: #1649629 regarding link to diff16:08
bdmurraysync'ed unattended-upgrades from debian after checking our diff16:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1649629 in Bileto "provide link to diff in PPA description" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/164962916:08
sil2100ogra_: as per the gadget.yaml spec16:08
bdmurrayduplicate consolidation of apport bug LP: #1502173 duplicates16:08
bdmurrayinvestigation into LP: #160676716:08
bdmurrayfixed apport bug LP: #1647635, updated retracer bzr branch16:08
bdmurraySRU verification of LP: #164064516:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1502173 in apport (Ubuntu Xenial) "Python warnings: modules imported without specifying a version first" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/150217316:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1606767 in systemd (Ubuntu) "package systemd 229-4ubuntu7 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess installed pre-removal script returned error exit status 2" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/160676716:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1647635 in apport (Ubuntu) "apport-retrace doesn't comment on bugs when add_gdb_info raises an IOError" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/164763516:08
bdmurray✔ done16:08
robru* discourage (but not entirely eliminate just yet) vivid16:08
robru* include diffs in PPA description (for bdmurray)16:08
robru* stop hard-coding overlay PPA for secondary ticket series, allowing multi-series SRU tickets (for xnox)16:08
robru* use new ubuntu orange color (they changed it in april but I only just noticed)16:08
robru* investigate why sourceppa grouping doesn't work, blocked by bug 164800016:08
ubottubug 1648000 in Launchpad itself "need API to discover where a given package is copied from" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/164800016:08
ogra_sil2100, right, i just want to make sure we dont regress wrt resizing ... or cause bad stuff16:08
infinitycaribou: ?16:09
caribouBugfix :16:09
caribou  qemu vm soft lockups16:09
caribou  tftp does not start16:09
caribou  isc-dhcp-client random port binding16:09
caribouLP: #1641235 : kdump-tools hardcoded NFS options16:09
ubottuError: Could not gather data from Launchpad for bug #1641235 (https://launchpad.net/bugs/1641235). The error has been logged16:09
caribouand being annoyed by LP: #1647178 on my laptop16:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1647178 in systemd (Ubuntu) "systemd-resolved unable to resolve certain subdomains" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/164717816:10
infinity * worked on ubuntu-image/cdimage integration, in progress16:10
infinity * linux-aws/xenial and linux/zesty reviews, ongoing16:10
infinity * lots of SRU, AA, and release team massaging of queues, excuses, etc16:10
infinity * still nursing an ubuflu, so only about half here, mentally16:10
caribouoh, & working on merges for nut & clamav16:10
caribou(awaiting MIR on tomsfastmath to drop last delta)16:10
slangasekrobru: why can xnox create separate tickets for separate SRU target series?16:11
gaughenxnox, I'm on another call.... and I don't have a mtg on my calendar.16:12
slangasek(IOW: dual landings are a bad idea and never worked right, so why are we enabling more people to do dual landings?)16:12
sil2100Matt not here?16:12
slangasekseems not16:13
slangasekand tdaitx also isn't16:13
xnoxslangasek, because we do upload SRUs simultaniously for multiple series, for dput packages, forget branches.16:13
slangasekso over to that slangasek guy16:13
slangasek * sprinting16:14
slangasek  * and off this past Monday for a swap day, so short week16:14
slangasek * SRU processing16:14
slangasek * a lot of kernel SRU processing16:14
slangasek  * and a bit of scripting to automate the kernel SRU processing16:14
slangasek * POWER-related discussions16:14
slangasek * upcoming:16:14
slangasek  * more kernel SRU processing16:14
slangasek  * off next Monday16:14
sil2100Oh noes16:14
slangasek  * working Tuesday, Wednesday from CST16:14
slangasek  * off Thursday through EOY16:14
doko- adjusting mail filters to new cpc spam16:14
doko- finished test rebuilds16:14
doko- evaluated compressed debug sections rebuild16:14
doko- evaluated GCC 7 rebuild (all ICEs reduced and reported upstream)16:14
doko- preparing GCC 6.3 release16:14
doko- openjdk-9 update16:14
doko- python 2.7.13 release candidate16:14
slangasekxnox: ok, that's one source of damage from dual landings that dual-landing SRUs avoid, I suppose16:14
doko- a few merges16:14
sil2100slangasek: ping me once some new kernel SRU helper-work is needed16:14
sil2100- Landing team work, silo coordination16:14
sil2100- DMB work:16:14
sil2100  * Extra meeting on Monday, some heated discussions16:14
sil2100  * Reviewing ubuntu-budgie ubuntu-cdimage MR16:14
sil2100  * Discussing how to proceed with the budgie seed ownership team16:14
sil2100  * Looking into refreshing happyaron's packageset16:14
sil2100- Re-spinning new ubuntu-personal and kiosk images for amd64 and dragonboard16:15
sil2100- Further help with kernel SRU's reviews (with slangasek)16:15
sil2100- Poking around for getting the dbus SRU's reviewed in the UNAPPROVED queue16:15
sil2100- ubuntu-image:16:15
slangaseksil2100: are you around next Tue/Wed?16:15
sil2100  * Merging trunk to the role-usage branch16:15
sil2100  * Figuring out why tests suddenly failed, fixing the one-liner bug16:15
sil2100  * Preparing a branch for fixing running tests on non-en locale16:15
barrydoko: you did test rebuild w/2.7.13 candidate?16:15
sil2100- Enabling cooler_arm64 for the M10 in xenial (for unity8-session testing)16:15
sil2100- Help with some silo problems and help requests16:15
slangaseksil2100: the next phase is promoting them16:15
sil2100slangasek: I'm *always* around16:15
robruslangasek: because the way xnox does dual SRUs is doing manual uploads so has none of the drawbacks of building multiple targets from MPs.16:15
sil2100But seriously speaking, yes, I should be here16:15
dokobarry, think about it ... when was the test rebuild started?16:15
xnox* Loads of merges16:15
xnox* Bug triange with frank at the CDO sprint16:15
xnox* SRUs following above triange16:15
xnox* zfcpdump kernel testing -> sru published now16:15
xnox* Porting and preparation for upstart removal16:15
xnox* All sessions, but unity8 desktop/touch, switched from upstart16:15
xnox* Swapfiles by defaulting landed in both d-i and ubiquity, for non-lvm / non-encrypted installations16:15
xnox* Blogpost to celebrate swapfiles is pending16:16
barrydoko: you tell me, that's why i'm asking :)16:16
infinityxnox: Why non-encrypted?16:16
slangasekbarry: are you asking about test rebuild for zesty?16:17
dokobarry: test rebuild started on 2016-12-02 (you see that when you look at your build failures, hint, hint), 2.7.13rc1 was only last week16:17
infinityxnox: You'd think swapfiles for encrypted setups would be a no-brainer (don't need encrypted swap partitions when you can have an unexncrypted swapfile on an encrypted partition)16:17
dokoahh, no, no trusty test rebuilds yet16:17
barrydoko: cool16:17
xnoxinfinity, because we have lvm layer for the full-disk encryption recipy, and I still put swap on an LVM volume there. Because otherwise, it is impossible to take lvm snapshots of the root filesystem (they fill up with swapfile changes very quickly and drop off as full)16:17
infinityxnox: Ahh, kay.  Yeah, the snapshotting thing is icky.16:18
xnoxauto-luks is: cryptsetup - lvm - ext416:18
infinityxnox: I retract my comment. :)16:18
xnoxinfinity, indeed. I was hoping it would do a sensible thing - 'this is a swapfile, i shall not snapshot these bits'16:18
slangasekbarry, doko: but the rebuilds for trusty should be against 2.7.12, the version we already support in xenial + yakkety16:18
xnoxbut no, no, no.16:18
dokoslangasek: did somebody say something else?16:19
barryslangasek: right, that's what we agreed on in seville16:19
slangasekdoko: no, but barry's question made me wonder if there was ambiguity so I'm restating just in case :)16:19
barryyep, sorry to sow confusion16:20
slangasekalrighty, any other questions on status?16:20
slangasekdoko: wrt python 2.7.12 and trusty, is that still something you think you'll kick off the tests of before EOY?16:21
dokoyes, trying16:22
slangasek[TOPIC] AOB16:23
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: AOB
slangasekanything else to discuss?16:23
slangasekthere was a question of meetings for next week16:23
slangasekI won't be around16:23
bdmurrayI have a question16:23
barryme neither16:23
slangasekare there people who both a) are around next Thursday and b) want a meeting?16:23
bdmurrayNow that Martin's gone can / should we turn on apport crash reporting to Launchpad earlier than Alpha 1 or whatever he did?16:24
slangasek(aren't you all supposed to give the logician joke answer to that question and say "I don't know"?)16:24
infinityslangasek: I think we know each other well enough to know the answer is "no".16:25
slangasekdoko: three logicians walk into a bar and the bartender asks, "does everybody want a beer?" the first logician answers "I don't know" the second logician answers "I don't know" the third logician answers "yes"16:25
infinityslangasek: Even if many answer yes to (a), I suspect none would answer yes to (b). :P16:25
slangasekbdmurray: I don't recall a reason why we were leaving it turned off until partway into the cycle.  I guess that's a policy that predates proposed-migration?16:26
bdmurrayslangasek: Yes, its just always been that way and I think its worth changing.16:27
slangasekbdmurray: ok.  IMHO it's better to turn it on earlier16:28
infinityYeah, it was historically to avoid a flood of bugs from broken autosyncs.16:28
infinityBut p-m should shield us from most of that these days.16:29
bdmurrayCool, I'll turn it on shortly then.16:29
infinityxnox: If you disagree with that statement, it's only because you were too young to read or type back when we did it the old way. ;)16:30
xnoxis pending-sru page still useful? i see many people starring at proposed-migration for stable releases and are wondering as to why things are not migrating. Should stable proposed-migration learn about "verification-needed" tags? 7 day phasing?16:30
xnoxinfinity, excuse me, i've been using ubuntu since Festy Fawn! =)16:30
xnoxinfinity, excuse me, i've been using ubuntu since Feisty Fawn! =)16:30
infinityxnox: Yes we use pending-sru.16:31
infinityAnd no, we don't (yet) let p-m actually drive migration.  It's a goal, and a good one, but not a realised one.16:32
slangasekyes, the pending-sru page is the driver, the update_excuses page doesn't drive promotions16:32
xnoxsure, but we tought a bunch of non #ubuntu-release users to look at proposed-migration outputs =) and i'm now seeing people who know proposed-migration, and are completely unaware of all the other old-school reports pages.16:32
slangasekthat seems like a failure of the education system, not the SRU process16:32
xnox(i do know how things are done; but external perception of how things are done is shifting)16:32
slangasekwe're not going to jump to prioritize a bunch of engineering work around the proposed-migration pages just because someone told someone to look at the wrong page16:33
infinityI dunno.  I think we should delete our bug tracker because some users prefer to use forums.16:35
infinityxnox: Will you drive the migration of our bug reporting to ubuntuforums.org?16:35
xnoxinfinity, yes please! let's move to BTS16:35
barryrm -rf launchpad16:35
slangasekbarry: bzr first16:35
xnoxinfinity, or better Jira - the best tracker ever.16:35
barryslangasek: still waiting for feedback on that draft :)16:35
robruI'll begin adding CVS support to bileto today.16:36
slangasekbarry: I know16:36
* xnox is not sure what it tracks, but I heard it's good at tracking tracks16:36
slangasekxnox: is that pronounced /ji'ra/ or /dʒi'ra/ or /ʒi'ra/ or /ʎi'ɺa/ ?16:38
slangasekok, looks like we're done16:39
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Ubuntu Meeting Grounds: Please leave swords by the door | Calendar/Scheduled meetings: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs | Meetingology documentation: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
meetingologyMeeting ended Thu Dec 15 16:39:17 2016 UTC.16:39
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2016/ubuntu-meeting.2016-12-15-16.05.moin.txt16:39
slangasekthanks, all!16:39
xnoxslangasek, in droidspeak j is silent so it becomes /i:rah/16:40
slangasek... droidspeak?16:40
xnoxslangasek, are you not Rogue One? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_in_Star_Wars#Droidspeak16:40
slangasek... no16:41
dokoare we done?16:49
dokoslangasek: ^^^16:52
slangasekdoko: yes, I '#endmeeting'ed 15 minutes ago16:53

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!