Trevinhohey duflu, when you've a sec can you please update https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mutter/+bug/1779615 and https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mutter/+bug/1767648 to be SRU compliant?02:55
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1779615 in mutter (Ubuntu) "Shell text and some icons have sharp edges during zoom" [Low,In progress]02:55
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1767648 in mutter (Ubuntu) "Top bar and shell dialogs are not displayed properly when zoom is enabled" [High,In progress]02:55
Trevinhoand even https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/177267702:55
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1772677 in gnome-shell (Ubuntu) "gnome-shell filling up syslog with thousands/millions of entries with stack traces ending in osdWindow.js (lines 206/207 in bionic, lines 223/224 in cosmic)" [High,In progress]02:55
Trevinho[ for those that are already upstreamed there's no need for direct verification, but still the schema has to be respected ]02:56
dufluTrevinho, yes. What about disco getting the fixes tho?02:56
Trevinhoduflu: I've done the work at debian, so we'll sync it once we get it uploaded02:57
dufluTrevinho, I shall try to remember to update them today02:57
Trevinhoduflu: see https://salsa.debian.org/gnome-team/mutter/merge_requests02:57
TrevinhoI've to rebase our gnome-shell on debian experimental too, but I'll do it tomorrow I guess, although I wanted to have things lanted in debian first..02:58
Trevinhoso we've debian -> disco -> SRU02:58
Trevinhonot the fastest way, but the best to have everything around02:59
dufluTrevinho, all SRU text written for those 3 bugs, although I need some assistance from the community completing bug 177267704:15
ubot5bug 1772677 in gnome-shell (Ubuntu) "gnome-shell filling up syslog with thousands/millions of entries with stack traces ending in osdWindow.js (lines 206/207 in bionic, lines 223/224 in cosmic)" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/177267704:15
=== cpaelzer__ is now known as cpaelzer
didrocksgood morning07:23
dufluMorning didrocks07:24
dufluIt must be time for me to water the flowers then :)07:25
didrockshey duflu07:26
oSoMoNgood morning desktoppers07:55
didrockssalut oSoMoN08:14
oSoMoNsalut didrocks08:14
seb128k, back, good morning desktopers08:39
oSoMoNsalut seb12808:53
seb128lut oSoMoN, en forme?08:53
oSoMoNseb128, ça va, et toi?08:53
seb128ça va :)08:53
dufluMorning oSoMoN, seb12808:57
seb128hey duflu08:58
oSoMoNhey duflu09:00
duflumorn Laney, willcooke09:03
kostadin[m]Hello desktop team. I filed this bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gjs/+bug/1812780 today, let me know if I can help with more details or testing. Thank you09:04
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1812780 in gjs (Ubuntu) "Gnome Shell crashes when Android emulator started" [Undecided,New]09:04
duflukostadin[m], done :)09:07
oSoMoNhey Laney, willcooke09:08
Laneygreetings one and all09:09
seb128hey willcooke Laney09:10
seb128oSoMoN, trevinho, andyrock, the keyboard indicator/layout missing, it's apparently a fallout from the fix for bug #1765304 (see recent comments)09:16
ubot5bug 1765304 in gnome-shell (Ubuntu Bionic) "Ubuntu 18.04's ibus package breaks password fields in Firefox (by lowering & raising window whenever they're focused)" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/176530409:16
oSoMoNI have the issue on cosmic, so it should be easy to confirm that this is what caused the regression09:19
willcookecould that be related to the missing OSK keys too I wonder09:21
oSoMoNinteresting, I'm not seeing it in a clean and up-to-date cosmic VM09:23
dufluI saw that today but marked it as a duplicate of an older bug09:23
dufluLemme see09:23
duflu-older +newer :)09:24
dufluOK, it is new (bug 1812266)09:26
ubot5bug 1812266 in gnome-shell (Ubuntu) "Keyboard layout indicator does not indicate current layout (18.04 Bionic beaver)" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/181226609:26
kostadin[m]duflu: thanks you and sorry for the duplicate! I followed the steps and this should have the crash log https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/181282709:34
ubot5Error: ubuntu bug 1812827 not found09:34
duflukostadin[m], thanks but I can't see that. Is it a private bug?09:34
dufluI should be able to see private bugs though09:35
kostadin[m]it does say it's private but I don't know how to make it public09:35
kostadin[m]I created it using ubuntu-bug _usr_bin_gnome-shell.1000.crash09:35
duflukostadin[m], top right of the page?09:35
seb128kostadin[m], duflu, bugs are private until retraced09:36
dufluMore private than the private that I can see :)09:40
dufluOK then I should have waited09:40
kostadin[m]anyway i set it to public now09:40
duflukostadin[m], thanks. I have added the missing information from your crash report to the main bug 1812527 so we can keep using that09:43
ubot5bug 1812527 in gnome-shell (Ubuntu) "gnome-shell crashes with SIGSEGV in meta_window_actor_is_destroyed() called from windowManager.js:1787 when running Android emulator (QEMU)" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/181252709:43
dufluLooks like a simple case of meta_window_actor_is_destroyed only understands partially destroyed objects. If you give it NULL then it crashes.09:45
seb128jbicha, "he latest xdg-desktop-portal depends on libflatpak (part of the flapak source) which depends on ostree."10:18
seb128shouldn't that has been discussed *before* syncing the new portal versions?10:19
seb128kenvandine, jamesh, ^ btw10:19
seb128Laney, "we need to get dnsmasq to migrate", is that what make nm.py fail in the current autopkgtest tries?10:21
jameshseb128: this almost looks like it is just for a set of enumerations and a function function to register a GError domain10:30
seb128jamesh, that sounds like it should be easy to remove the depends then :)10:31
seb128jamesh, btw weekly summary reminder!10:31
jameshseb128: https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/blob/master/common/flatpak-portal-error.c <- this in particular10:31
k_alamseb128: Hi10:59
popeyThis is odd.. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-software/+bug/181284110:59
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1812841 in gnome-software (Ubuntu) "Installing / Removal behaves differently depending on how GNOME Software is launched" [Undecided,New]10:59
seb128k_alam, hey11:01
seb128popey, could be that the env is different11:02
popeyyeah, weird11:02
k_alamseb128: Can you approve landing of gnote-scope ? https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/disco/+queue?queue_state=011:02
seb128k_alam, I need to review it, adding to my todo for later11:03
k_alamThanks. The bug is https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/181072911:06
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1810729 in Ubuntu "[Needs-Packaging] Replace tomboy scope with gnote scope for unity (Disco)" [Wishlist,In progress]11:06
Trevinhoseb128: yes, I noticed and in fact I've cherry picked another commit in the proposed shell sru...11:49
seb128trevinho, good :)11:49
seb128and hey trevinho!11:49
seb128going back to a tz which is more like you? ;)11:49
seb128jamesh, weekly summary? ;)12:43
seb128fossfreedom, hey, thx for debugging that rb/german segfault issue, but "Disable column moving for non-english locales" sounds like a workaround and not a fix/something we want to really commit right?12:48
seb128fossfreedom, or at least it's  a temporary hack until we fix the binding/toolkit bug ... do you have a testcase that triggers the segfault?12:49
jbichaseb128: sure but it wasn't obvious that xdg-desktop-portal had a new binary dependency12:53
seb128jbicha, k, I guess it's an easy error to make12:54
jbicha"d/control: Build-depend on flatpak, for permission-store test"12:54
jbichaI thought it was only a test dependency :(12:54
seb128yeah, that sounds misleading12:56
jbichaso I guess our first step is to ask upstream to revert the dependency?12:58
jbichaat least the same developer figured out a way around it when I asked for it for gnome-control-center's Applications panel so it's possible 🤞13:01
seb128jbicha, yeah, see jamesh's comment earlier, that shouldn't be too difficult13:04
seb128jbicha, also just curious but why/how is hosting tarballs on gitlab rather than launchpad an improvement? do we really care where upstream puts the files we download?13:07
jbichaI only mentioned it because I was talking to mterry this week and helped answer his questions and talk through what he was wanting to do anyway13:09
seb128good to see him back on hacking in deja-dup btw :)13:10
seb128(brb, changing location)13:11
jbichaLaney: do you think we should close bug 1763628 since it works in Disco? is it worth an SRU to fix the autopkgtest on Bionic?13:28
ubot5bug 1763628 in colord (Ubuntu) "autopkgtests are failing on valgrind" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/176362813:28
Laneyjbicha: dunno, ask the SRU team what they want I guess14:02
fossfreedom_seb128: re rhythmbox - as far as I can see it is GTK/RB blowing its lid - from the trace provided there isn't anything special.  Python is not doing anything extraordinary here - RB is (as far as I can tell) forcing a fixed view.  Moving columns isn't a RB capability anyway - just something I threw in during development.14:10
mptandyrock, willcooke: Hi, is putting Livepatch in Ubiquity still relevant? https://github.com/CanonicalLtd/desktop-design/issues/50 Or is that obsolete given current installer plans?14:21
gitbotCanonicalLtd issue 50 in desktop-design "Livepatch in the desktop installer" [Priority: Medium, Open]14:21
andyrockmpt: I guess it's no longer relevant since we moved it to g-i-s ?14:22
willcookempt, oooh. Yeah, I think it can be dropped now.  We have a good integration in g-i-s now, and I think that works better14:22
mptandyrock, willcooke: Thanks, I’ve closed it.14:29
willcookethanks mpt14:29
willcookemeeting time14:30
willcooke#startmeeting Desktop Team Meeting - 2019-01-2214:31
meetingologyMeeting started Tue Jan 22 14:31:19 2019 UTC.  The chair is willcooke. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.14:31
meetingologyAvailable commands: action commands idea info link nick14:31
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Work (read-only for non-developers): https://trello.com/b/RHiGQXZJ/ubuntu-desktop-1904-cycle | Amaterasu watches over you benevolently | Desktop Team Meeting - 2019-01-22 | Current topic:
oSoMoN   \o14:31
willcookeRoll call: andyrock, dgadomski, didrocks, duflu (out), jbicha, jamesh (out), jibel, kenvandine, laney, oSoMoN, seb128, tkamppeter, trevinho, robert_ancell (conf)14:31
seb128 hey14:31
willcookeLet's start14:33
willcookeA couple of things to discuss at the end, but let's look at bugs first:14:33
willcookebb incoming: http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-bb-incoming-bug-tasks.html14:33
willcookeOne new one from today about behaviours in g-s14:34
willcookes = Software14:34
willcookeSeems annoying, but not a rls issue IMO14:34
willcooke+1s / -1s?14:34
kenvandinewillcooke: that is puzzling14:35
seb128I'm the one who tagged it but I'm neutral, it's not that important at the OS level imho but it's annoying if we want the snap experience to be great14:35
seb128if the website is a primary access to the store/snaps and clicking on it gives a buggy experience it sucks14:36
kenvandineseb128: i'll take a look at it14:36
seb128thx kenvandine14:37
willcooketargetted and assigned14:37
willcookeBB rls tracking: http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-bb-tracking-bug-tasks.html14:38
willcookeThis one I targetted by accident, so could be untargetted:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/oem-priority/+bug/180978814:38
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1809788 in OEM Priority Project "bionic - TBT authentication message will be cut from the dialog box" [High,Confirmed]14:38
seb128do you know how much the oem teams cares about it?14:39
willcookeEnough to email me, but I dont know if they've been asked to fix it.  I will find outl14:39
willcookekenvandine, this one has sat for a while now:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-software/+bug/174299714:40
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1742997 in gnome-software (Ubuntu) "Newly installed applications are not showing in "Installed"" [Low,Fix released]14:40
seb128the issue with deleting a target is that you can't add it back again (unless that changed/got fixed on launchpad)14:40
willcookeCould you poke Robert14:40
kenvandinei will14:41
kenvandinei plan to check on the status of snapd-glib and gnome-software SRUs anyway14:41
willcooketkamppeter, do you need any help with this:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cups-filters/+bug/176352014:42
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1763520 in gtk+3.0 (Ubuntu) "after upgrade to bionic, printing fails without explanation / logs / debuggability" [High,In progress]14:42
willcookeCC incoming: http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-cc-incoming-bug-tasks.html14:42
willcookeall clear14:42
willcookeCC tracking:14:42
willcookeAll looks ok14:43
willcookeDD incoming:14:43
willcookeDD tracking:14:44
willcookeall good.14:44
willcookeProposed migrations: http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-migration/update_excuses_by_team.html#desktop-packages14:44
willcookeWe need someone to look at the emacs one.14:45
willcookeoh, sorry, Laney - do you want to drive?14:45
seb128I did for emacs, it's on foundations14:45
Laneyseb filed a bug about that, punted it to another team14:45
willcookeanything else in the list which we should jump on?14:46
didrocksseb128: doko pinged me about emacs on the MIR meeting though14:46
Laneyudisks2 colord14:46
seb128didrocks, to ask?14:46
didrocksseb128: what we do with the MIR14:46
seb128what MIR?14:47
jbichaLaney: we just need to update the i386 hint for colord14:47
seb128Laney, I can look at udisks214:47
didrocksseb128: sorry, he asked me to try to unblock it from proposed14:47
didrocksso, the message didn't go through the foundation team (at least, not everyone)14:47
seb128didrocks, ah, tell him to review their rls-dd-incoming bugs :p14:47
Laneyactually he referenced https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.svg14:48
seb128let me tell him on devel14:48
Laneywhich does list emacs14:48
dokoare component mismatches on that list?14:48
tkamppeterwillcooke, the only thiung there is that the GTK packages need to get uploaded. Then the SRU process should go its way.14:49
willcookethx tjaalton14:49
willcookeopps, sorry, thx tkamppeter14:49
seb128tkamppeter, willcooke, GTK doesn't "only" need to be uploaded, it needs an upstream review first14:49
seb128doko, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/automake-1.16/+bug/1812688 is also blocking emacs (and other things) if you/someone from foundations could have a look14:50
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1812688 in automake-1.16 (Ubuntu) "self-check-report.sh fails on armhf/disco since new year" [Undecided,New]14:50
Laneythx for udisks214:50
Laneywho wants to take those MIRs or whatever for emacs then?14:50
seb128I can have a look I guess14:51
willcookethx seb12814:51
willcookeany other concerns on the list Laney?14:52
jbichawillcooke: weren't you going to ask whether emacs needed to be in main?14:52
seb128it looks like mailutils should be moved to suggests14:52
seb128instead of recommends14:52
willcookejbicha, I did, it does.14:52
jbichacool, thanks14:52
Laneynothing else today14:53
willcooke#topic OB14:53
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Work (read-only for non-developers): https://trello.com/b/RHiGQXZJ/ubuntu-desktop-1904-cycle | Amaterasu watches over you benevolently | Desktop Team Meeting - 2019-01-22 | Current topic: OB
willcookejbicha, you wanted to talk about the new portals stuff I think>14:53
dokowillcooke: please tell your staff to properly escalate ;)  seb128, you surely need to have the last word everywhere14:54
seb128willcooke, rls-dd-incoming is the defined process14:54
seb128doko, ^14:54
jbichawillcooke: we discused that some pre-meeting. I filed a bug upstream and was asked to submit a pr for the libflatpak issue14:54
willcookek, thx jbicha14:55
kenvandinejbicha: thanks14:55
kenvandinei fear libflatpak is going to keep creeping in14:55
didrockskenvandine: indeed, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/flatpak/+bug/1812456 was mentioned in the MIR meeting14:56
kenvandinesame thing nearly happened with g-c-c14:56
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1812456 in flatpak (Ubuntu) "[MIR} libflatpak" [Undecided,Incomplete]14:56
jbichakenvandine: same developer too :)14:56
didrocks(MIR currently set as incomplete)14:57
jbichaI think I should go ahead and close the MIR since it may not be necessary now14:57
kenvandinejbicha: i just worry this is going to keep happening14:57
willcookeWe can carry this on sfter the meeting ^14:58
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Work (read-only for non-developers): https://trello.com/b/RHiGQXZJ/ubuntu-desktop-1904-cycle | Amaterasu watches over you benevolently
meetingologyMeeting ended Tue Jan 22 14:59:43 2019 UTC.14:59
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-desktop/2019/ubuntu-desktop.2019-01-22-14.31.moin.txt14:59
willcookekenvandine, so for those fp ones, do we just need to keep an eye out?15:00
kenvandineat some point we might want to consider the MIR for libflatpak15:00
kenvandinejust to reduce the pain15:00
jbichaso leave the MIR as incomplete for now?15:01
jbichait needs an ostree MIR anyway15:01
kenvandinejbicha: yeah15:06
kenvandinejbicha: but we might want to revisit it at some point15:06
kenvandinei didn't read all the scrollback, what did jamesh say about that?15:06
jbichaI think we can adjust xdg-desktop-portal to not require libflatpak so I'm going to work on that this week15:08
kenvandinejbicha: thanks!15:10
fossfreedom_jbicha: on yesterdays gnome-menu's update this was in the changelog "debian/gnome-menus.triggers: Drop "gmenucache"."  - what is that?  FYI had a report today that menus have stopped displaying content on UB and I'm trying to narrow down what was changed between yesterday and today16:01
jbichafossfreedom_: that trigger is just a remaining diff we have with Debian; it wasn't touched itself16:02
fossfreedom_ah - ok. cheers16:03
jbichahave you reproduced the issue yourself yet?16:03
fossfreedom_waiting for today's daily ISO...16:04
jbichafossfreedom_: the most obvious change is that we killed the Sundry menu so I'm guessing you'll need to update Budgie for that. Sorry about that.16:15
fossfreedom_can't think why we have anything coded for that menu category ... but sure - something to focus on.16:16
fossfreedom_intriguing - upstream obviously added that recently - looks like budgie now is hiding that category forceably16:21
ricotzjbicha, hi16:49
ricotzgdm3 fails to start due to the missing "org.gnome.desktop.peripherals.touchscreen" is missing "display" key16:50
ricotzI guess I shouldn't use gsettings-desktop-schemas from -proposed16:50
jbichayes, bug 181214316:50
ubot5bug 1812143 in mutter (Ubuntu) "gsettings-desktop-schemas 3.31 breaks mutter 3.30" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/181214316:50
ricotzI see16:51
jbichaI guess I could add the Breaks now16:52
ricotzand yeah, it would be great if you could pick up vala 0.42.516:52
willcookedinner time, bbl18:00
seb128willcooke, enjoy!18:00
willcookenight all19:15
=== niko is now known as upmine
fossfreedomjbicha, hi again. re UB menu problem. I can confirm that it is the new gnome-menus that is causing us problems :(  Debian's version of gnome-menus hasnt migrated yet to testing.  Can/should the migration be stopped - if so how?  I've raised LP: #181290820:40
ubot5Launchpad bug 1812908 in gnome-menus (Ubuntu) "Ubuntu Budgie no longer shows any menu categories after the upgrade" [Critical,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/181290820:40
jbichafossfreedom: to stop it from migrating to testing, all you need to do is open a Severity: serious bug with Version: 3.31.4-220:41
=== upmine is now known as niko
=== lifeless_ is now known as lifeless

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!