-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [rMANUALfa9a190c88b3: Add print color as Gray checkbox] lynorian (Lyn Perrine) committed: https://phab.lubuntu.me/rMANUALfa9a190c88b300:00
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [rMANUAL4f6ff771b83b: Add printer options screenshot] lynorian (Lyn Perrine) committed: https://phab.lubuntu.me/rMANUAL4f6ff771b83b05:59
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [rMANUALb4023e85cc4c: Remove unnesecary whitespace] lynorian (Lyn Perrine) committed: https://phab.lubuntu.me/rMANUALb4023e85cc4c06:41
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [rMANUAL47d40b6102c8: Remove uneeded whitespace] lynorian (Lyn Perrine) committed: https://phab.lubuntu.me/rMANUAL47d40b6102c806:47
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [rMANUAL655c78b50c4b: Reword summary of Window Effects] lynorian (Lyn Perrine) committed: https://phab.lubuntu.me/rMANUAL655c78b50c4b06:49
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [rMANUALcfcb3e690dbd: Reword launch compton just this once] lynorian (Lyn Perrine) committed: https://phab.lubuntu.me/rMANUALcfcb3e690dbd06:50
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [rMANUAL1eca766b9449: Fix capitilization] lynorian (Lyn Perrine) committed: https://phab.lubuntu.me/rMANUAL1eca766b944906:52
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [rMANUAL0ab6aa283c73: Reword close keyboard shortcut] lynorian (Lyn Perrine) committed: https://phab.lubuntu.me/rMANUAL0ab6aa283c7306:59
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [T122: New Manual URL Design] tsimonq2 (Simon Quigley) commented on the task: https://phab.lubuntu.me/T122#243614:10
lubot<wxl> https://github.com/lxqt/pcmanfm-qt/issues/101814:37
ubot93Issue 1018 in lxqt/pcmanfm-qt "Excessive padding for mounted devices labels" [Open]14:38
wxl[m]We should pull that in. That's been an annoying problem now finally resolved! 14:38
wxl[m]So that was interesting. From FastHub there was no share option to RiotX and I just hit Telegram. It sent without further confirmation, but never showed up. So I copied and pasted here. And then deleted on Telegram. And then it showed up. Wth. Told you Telegram sucks. 14:41
wxl[m]Also new Calamares https://calamares.io/calamares-3.2.14-is-out/14:44
wxl[m]Especially of note there is that the legacy GeoIP config is no longer supported so we'll have to fix settings14:45
wxl[m]@kc2bez ^14:45
kc2bezwxl: I saw that. We converted all the settings and are not using the legacy style. 14:54
wxl[m]K cool. You planning on grabbing the new release? 14:55
kc2bezShould I do that before release?14:57
kc2bezAlso not sure if it will resolve any of the geoip issues folks were having but I did notice some refactoring took place. 14:58
kc2bezwxl[m]: I also sent you a pm on IRC. 15:07
lubot<tsimonq2> Get everything uploaded today please15:20
lubot<tsimonq2> I'm about to go bumping non RC tasks to 20.0415:21
lubot<tsimonq2> kc2bez: Could you communicate with [ade] and tell him we have a release in two weeks?15:21
lubot<tsimonq2> Just to make sure we have our ducks in a row for that15:22
lubot<tsimonq2> Today at lunch I'm going to get stuff uploaded15:22
kc2bez@tsimonq2 I will send you a pm shortly too. 15:23
lubot<tsimonq2> Thanks.15:23
wxl[m]@kc2bez afk so if it's urgent you can use some other means including (ew) telegram15:31
lubot<tsimonq2> I think it's fair to say that it's Real Life stuff, which is totally fine. I'll let him elaborate if he wishes15:32
kc2bezwxl[m]: not super urgent just wanted to fill in the blanks for you. 15:36
lubot<tsimonq2> New Cala cleared with release team15:42
lubot<tsimonq2> Art should be no issue15:42
lubot<tsimonq2> PCManFM should also be no issue since it's bugfix15:42
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [T121: nm-tray fails to build] tsimonq2 (Simon Quigley) commented on the task: https://phab.lubuntu.me/T121#243815:45
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [T96: investigate yshui's compton fork] tsimonq2 (Simon Quigley) commented on the task: https://phab.lubuntu.me/T96#244215:46
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [T96: investigate yshui's compton fork] tsimonq2 (Simon Quigley) commented on the task: https://phab.lubuntu.me/T96#244315:47
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [T59: fix keyboard shortcuts] tsimonq2 (Simon Quigley) commented on the task: https://phab.lubuntu.me/T59#244415:47
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [T75: need new Lenny!] tsimonq2 (Simon Quigley) commented on the task: https://phab.lubuntu.me/T75#245115:50
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [T72: tweak minimum requirements] tsimonq2 (Simon Quigley) commented on the task: https://phab.lubuntu.me/T72#245215:51
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [T121: nm-tray fails to build] apt-ghetto (apt-ghetto) commented on the task: https://phab.lubuntu.me/T121#245615:51
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [T56: Transfer testcases to the actual testcase branch] tsimonq2 (Simon Quigley) commented on the task: https://phab.lubuntu.me/T56#245715:53
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [T92: 19.10 manual changes] tsimonq2 (Simon Quigley) commented on the task: https://phab.lubuntu.me/T92#245815:54
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [T121: nm-tray fails to build] tsimonq2 (Simon Quigley) commented on the task: https://phab.lubuntu.me/T121#246015:56
lubot<tsimonq2> The 19.10 task has been cleaned up15:58
lubot<tsimonq2> If there are any other tasks that you think need to be done prior to release, please add them ASAP15:59
lubot<tsimonq2> Phab is going down in 30 minutes for some regular maintenance. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes16:03
lubot<HMollerCl> My biggest concern is with shortcut, I know @The_LoudSpeaker is on exmas and I'm full with work, but I we can't fix that it will be a major issue.16:05
lubot<HMollerCl> *exams16:06
lubot<tsimonq2> What are the current problems?16:06
lubot<HMollerCl> We need to grab latest from git16:06
lubot<HMollerCl> or apply 18 patches.16:06
lubot<tsimonq2> lxqt-globalkeys right?16:06
lubot<HMollerCl> yes16:06
lubot<tsimonq2> Okay, is that all?16:06
lubot<HMollerCl> yes16:06
lubot<tsimonq2> Have you tested with the packages in the unstable CI?16:07
lubot<HMollerCl> I've been testing latest git (compile in my system) and is working ok16:07
lubot<HMollerCl> no, haven't tested ci16:07
lubot<tsimonq2> Okay. I just want to communicate that we're two weeks away from release and there's little wiggle room for iteration on it if I were to go ahead and JFD that.16:08
lubot<tsimonq2> Is that okay?16:08
lubot<HMollerCl> JFD?16:08
lubot<HMollerCl> John Fitzgerald Donald?16:08
lubot<tsimonq2> Just Freaking Do :)16:08
lubot<kc2bez> Just Do16:08
lubot<tsimonq2> Yes16:08
lubot<HMollerCl> I don' have time to do it since it's a grab  from unreleased code. If it were a released version I know how to do it and I will be confident doing it.16:09
lubot<HMollerCl> Since I have little time to do it.16:10
lubot<tsimonq2> I can do it, I just want you to know that we're on the hook to fix it if this new version is broken.16:10
lubot<The_LoudSpeaker> I will be available this Saturday night. Will do it then.16:10
lubot<tsimonq2> I can do it, it'll take me < 5 mins :}16:10
lubot<The_LoudSpeaker> Go ahead then. I will test.16:10
lubot<HMollerCl> I've tested compile versio, but it would be better to test with ci/unstable16:11
lubot<HMollerCl> Is there a way I could only take that package from ci/unstable?16:11
lubot<tsimonq2> @The_LoudSpeaker [Go ahead then. I will test.], Test with this first ASAP and then I can do the cherry picking16:11
lubot<tsimonq2> @HMollerCl [Is there a way I could only take that package from ci/unstable?], Yes16:11
lubot<tsimonq2> Go to the PPA page in Launchpad16:11
lubot<tsimonq2> You might have to pull down that whole stack16:11
lubot<The_LoudSpeaker> @tsimonq2 [Test with this first ASAP and then I can do the cherry picking], Can't do till Saturday sorry. And if you can wait till Saturday then I can only do it then.16:11
lubot<The_LoudSpeaker> @HMollerCl [Is there a way I could only take that package from ci/unstable?], Wget from ppa?16:12
lubot<tsimonq2> Otherwise just write out a manual testcase and I can JFD that16:12
lubot<The_LoudSpeaker> @tsimonq2 [Otherwise just write out a manual testcase and I can JFD that], I can do that now.: … Check if shortcuts are not repeated after multiple reboots. … Done.16:12
lubot<tsimonq2> Define "repeated" more precisely16:13
lubot<The_LoudSpeaker> @The_LoudSpeaker [I can do that now.: … Check if shortcuts are not repeated after multiple reboots. …], We can add our own config when this gets fixed.16:13
lubot<HMollerCl> @tsimonq2 [Otherwise just write out a manual testcase and I can JFD that], test is only to erase duplicates shortcuts and do several logout/login and see if shortcuts are duplicated and if SUper_L (for menu) or Meta+R (for launcher) stop working.16:13
lubot<The_LoudSpeaker> @tsimonq2 [Define "repeated" more precisely], Open shortcut settings. … See if you have any shortcut entries repeated.16:13
lubot<HMollerCl> There is no need to reboot, logout/login in enough.16:14
lubot<The_LoudSpeaker> @HMollerCl [test is only to erase duplicates shortcuts and do several logout/login and see i …], +116:14
lubot<tsimonq2> Is cherry picking globalkeys all I need to do or do I have to apply anything else?16:15
lubot<The_LoudSpeaker> @HMollerCl [There is no need to reboot, logout/login in enough.], Might also try restarting globalkeys from session settings once/twice.16:15
lubot<The_LoudSpeaker> @tsimonq2 [Is cherry picking globalkeys all I need to do or do I have to apply anything els …], Nope. Config files are already in default settings. Should work16:15
lubot<The_LoudSpeaker> @The_LoudSpeaker [We can add our own config when this gets fixed.], Scratch this.16:16
lubot<HMollerCl> @The_LoudSpeaker [Might also try restarting globalkeys from session settings once/twice.], es, it wouldn't hurt16:19
lubot<HMollerCl> *yes16:19
lubot<tsimonq2> Okay16:23
lubot<HMollerCl> @tsimonq2 how I should search for lxqt-globalkyes ci/unstable ppa in launchpad?16:30
lubot<HMollerCl> https://launchpad.net/~lxqt/+archive/ubuntu/ppa this is old16:30
lubot<aptghetto> https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-ci/+archive/ubuntu/unstable-ci-proposed/+build/1783851016:31
lubot<HMollerCl> thanks!16:31
lubot<aptghetto> Here you have the overview: https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-ci/+archive/ubuntu/unstable-ci/+packages16:33
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [rNMTRAYPACKAGING02814a7ea5e1: Fix FTBS of nm-tray] apt-ghetto (apt-ghetto) committed: https://phab.lubuntu.me/rNMTRAYPACKAGING02814a7ea5e116:44
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [rNMTRAYPACKAGING792d166148e5: Merge branch 'ci/stable' into ci/unstable] apt-ghetto (apt-ghetto) committed: https://phab.lubuntu.me/rNMTRAYPACKAGING792d166148e516:53
lubot<aptghetto> My upload to ci/stable has closed https://phab.lubuntu.me/D4816:57
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [Closed] Fix FTBS of nm-tray: https://phab.lubuntu.me/D4816:57
lubot<aptghetto> Is this normal?16:58
lubot<HMollerCl> @aptghetto [https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-ci/+archive/ubuntu/unstable-ci-proposed/+build/17 …], the ppa doesn't have globalkeys, I would need to install the .deb directly is that correct?17:02
lubot<HMollerCl> this pa https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-ci/+archive/ubuntu/unstable-ci-proposed17:02
lubot<aptghetto> https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-ci/+archive/ubuntu/unstable-ci17:05
lubot<aptghetto> But I have normally downloaded only the package and installed it with `sudo apt install ./NAME.deb` in a vm17:07
lubot<HMollerCl> I did with the ppa17:14
lubot<HMollerCl> only the package I want and then disable ppa17:14
wxl@kc2bez: pm replied to17:35
kc2bezthanks wxl 17:37
wxl@tsimonq2: you bumped @The_LoudSpeaker's xscreensaver fix? 17:38
lubot<The_LoudSpeaker> @wxl [<wxl> @tsimonq2: you bumped @The_LoudSpeaker's xscreensaver fix?], Umm what?17:42
wxl@The_LoudSpeaker: @tsimonq2 removed https://phab.lubuntu.me/T21 from the 19.10 subtasks in his cleanup process17:43
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [Medium, Open] Our xscreensaver theme is too old: https://phab.lubuntu.me/T2117:43
lubot<tsimonq2> @wxl [<wxl> @tsimonq2: you bumped @The_LoudSpeaker's xscreensaver fix?], Is there a fix already in there?18:04
lubot<The_LoudSpeaker> Not yet. There is a clean list of themes we can use but it needs cleaning. Also, we are considering creating a new one.18:46
lubot<tsimonq2> We don't have time for that this cycle18:53
lubot<tsimonq2> Unless you can get that done by EOD Friday18:53
wxl@tsimonq2: totally easy to fix it19:08
wxlthe task should be split into separate tasks19:09
wxlthe two that can be done easy:19:09
wxl 1. default wallpapers19:09
wxl 2. THE default wallpaper19:09
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [T122: New Manual URL Design] lynorian (Lyn Perrine) commented on the task: https://phab.lubuntu.me/T122#246319:35
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [rMANUAL8920e78af2cc: Reword summary of shortcut keys] lynorian (Lyn Perrine) committed: https://phab.lubuntu.me/rMANUAL8920e78af2cc20:11
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [rMANUAL8d02d95b3c58: Update summary of Shortcut keys] lynorian (Lyn Perrine) committed: https://phab.lubuntu.me/rMANUAL8d02d95b3c5820:13
lubot<HMollerCl> @tsimonq2 I tested ci/unstable lxqt-globalkeys and is working as expected.20:35
lubot<tsimonq2> Nice!20:46
krytarikhttps://git.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/quassel/tree/debian/patches/lubuntu_01_default_network_channel.patch - any good reason other than just copypasting stuff from elsewhere to use non-SSL and connect over irc.ubuntu.com there, rather than using 'chat.freenode.net:+6697' to use SSL and also make cert verification work?20:58
lubot<tsimonq2> No good reason whatsoever20:59
lubot<tsimonq2> Give me a patch and I'll sponsor it20:59
wxlhow did that even get there?20:59
lubot* tsimonq2 cowers in fear at wxl's wrath20:59
wxli thought we provided that through default settings?20:59
lubot<tsimonq2> nooope20:59
wxlwhy not?20:59
wxlwe could get all the lubuntu channels in there21:00
wxlplus lxqt and calamares and ... :)21:00
lubot<tsimonq2> Look into it21:00
wxlmake a task :)21:02
lubot<HMollerCl> do we have standup now?21:04
lubot<HMollerCl> I'm confused with daylight savings time21:04
lubot<lynorian> I think so21:04
wxloh yikes yes21:10
wxlsorry ya'll21:10
ubot93standup is @tsimonq2 @lynorian @HMollerCl @aptghetto @teward001 @SamuelBanya @kc2bez @The_LoudSpeaker wxl[m] guiverc it's 2100 UTC Thursday which means it's time for the Lubuntu Development standup meeting. Please announce yourself for roll call! Afterwards, in order of announcement, post your items and be sure to mention when you're done.21:10
wxlwow ok no one's here :)21:14
wxlsooooo i guess you can go ahead lyn21:14
lynorianPrinter property tabs have a lot more detail like 4 paragraphs21:14
lynorianScreengrab tray icon functionality21:14
lynorianadd switch between ALSA and pulseaudio 21:14
lynorianWork on panel rewording  21:14
lynorianMany minor rewords and edits 21:14
lynorianand worked some with tsimonq2 on getting a new url scheme for the manual21:15
lynorianreally condensced this week that printer properiteis has like 4 new paragraphs in it21:16
wxlvery cool21:16
wxlamazing work as always21:16
lubot<HMollerCl> \o21:18
lynorianI kind of really need to go get groceries today   so may not stick around that much longer21:18
wxlok thanks for the help lyn21:18
wxlwe couldn't do it without you!!!21:18
wxlgo ahead hans21:19
lubot<HMollerCl> it's amazing @lynorian21:19
lubot<HMollerCl> nothing new except ci/unstable lxqt-globalkeys test. We didn't had upstream release so I undertsand that @tsimonq2 will upgrade to git.21:19
lubot<HMollerCl> HAving had much time to look ath cala geoip issue.21:20
lubot<HMollerCl> *Haven't21:20
lubot<HMollerCl> but I've seen it happen in different places in Santiago21:20
lubot<HMollerCl> EOF21:20
wxlthx hans21:21
wxli haven't done much. poked a bit at the cala/geoip thing. edited the testing wiki. didn't really *finish* anything, so..21:21
lubot<HMollerCl> did you found out anything new on geoip?21:21
wxlexcept for noticing raman had no issues21:24
wxlso that's weird21:24
wxli did find an upstream issue with it not working for someone else21:25
lubot<N0um3n0> @HMollerCl [did you found out anything new on geoip?], no isues too21:28
-lugito:#lubuntu-devel- [T56: Transfer testcases to the actual testcase branch] guiverc (Chris Guiver) commented on the task: https://phab.lubuntu.me/T56#246421:28
lubot<HMollerCl> @wxl at this point we are the only ones here that have the problem21:29
wxl@HMollerCl where's your proxy located?21:32
kc2bezHere for a few minutes. 21:33
wxlfire away dano21:34
kc2bezI didn't have any issues with my VPN when I tested that with cala21:34
kc2bezI spent some time looking at logs from others21:34
kc2bezit looks like for whatever reason cala couldn't figure out what was being returned. 21:35
kc2bezfrom the geoip service ^21:36
kc2beznot consistent for sure21:36
kc2beznot sure how much time I will have while I am away but I will try to stop in and do what I can21:37
kc2bezif I have time should I upload the cala version to CI or do a diff to eoan?21:38
wxlwell i guess that depends on your confidence level21:38
wxlif it's high, just do eoan21:39
kc2bezok fair enough. 21:39
wxlif you get it in sooner than later, we probably have some time to hack at it if need be21:39
wxlnot so much come friday 21:39
wxlbut honestly what's the difference between building and testing a deb in a vm versus doing it in ci? not much. there's something, don't get me wrong. but not much.21:40
kc2beztrue, it just gives others the opportunity to test before we upload. 21:41
wxlwell so does a ppa upload21:41
kc2bezthat is true as well. I just don't want to introduce anything new that I won't have time to test. 21:42
wxlright right21:43
wxlalso remember you've got limited time21:43
wxli'd say avoid ci, but that's just my opinion21:44
kc2bezok fair enough. I will try for that. 21:45
kc2bezThere is a big copyright addition that needs to be added I think for the appstream addition and I think we need to stop building against PythonQt since that is making the build fail in unstable CI. 21:48
wxloi vey21:49
kc2bezanother reason I am hesitant21:49
wxlgood call. do ci.21:50
kc2bezok. sounds like a plan. 21:50
lubot<HMollerCl> I could test cala ci, live and update to ci and see what happens, does It helps wxl @kc2bez?21:58
lubot<HMollerCl> Also, my proxy is in Chile, is from my work, but I also tested in my home w/o proxy, same issue21:59
wxlif it weren't for dan i'd say it's just that the americas are cursed21:59
lubot<HMollerCl> Well, Dan is on default so, not sure if it works.22:00
kc2bezGood point Hans22:00
lubot<HMollerCl> @kc2bez you could change default to test22:00
wxlyou know.... i haven't checked while on my vpn..... i wonder...........22:00
wxlwhat do you mean about default/test?22:01
lubot<HMollerCl> Default is ny22:01
wxlyeah i tried all that and swapping time zones in different variations to no avail22:01
kc2bezit exists so that if you don't have an internet connection it will pin the map on ny22:02
kc2bezI don't know why that location was chosen but it comes from Calamares22:02
wxlright, it's hardcoded22:03
wxlyou can remove any explicit configuration and you'll get ny22:03
kc2bezI could however tell that I received America New York from geoip in the logs. 22:04
kc2bezand like I said my VPN that comes out in Japan also worked. 22:05
kc2bezso maybe it is a timing or race condition. 22:05
lubot<HMollerCl> We have no malfunction reports from outside americas, then?22:06
lubot<HMollerCl> @kc2bez [<kc2bez> I could however tell that I received America New York from geoip in the …], I also see cl for welcome in logs22:06
wxli saw in this upstream issue there's some way to turn on some debugging about the timezone???22:06
lubot<HMollerCl> You can run cala with -d22:07
lubot<N0um3n0> @HMollerCl [We have no malfunction reports from outside americas, then?], all the times I've tried I haven't had any problems22:07
wxlnot that, though22:07
kc2bezi did the -d but I don't know what the special timezone debug is. 22:08
lubot<HMollerCl> @kc2bez I thought the default was in the conf file22:08
kc2bezit is but even if you wipe it out it still does ny22:09
ubot93Issue 1240 in calamares/calamares "GeoIP seems not to work in locale module" [Closed]22:10
wxl"I enabled Timezone-Debug-Mode"22:10
kc2bezI saw that bug but I didn't have time to figure it out. 22:10
wxlit's "assumed fixed" in https://github.com/calamares/calamares/commit/0a1dc77f9be6b4c696e05fe218f7ff525d5bc70222:11
wxlwhich is in 3.2.1422:11
wxlso hurry up and get that up so we can test it @kc2bez :)22:12
kc2beztrust me it sounds like more fun right now 😁. All good news here though and we are getting ready to leave the hospital for the night and get some dinner. we should be back at the hotel in a little over an hour. 22:14
wxli hear you :( but glad all is going good..22:14
lubot<SamuelBanya> Here but late. Work ran later as I've had back to back client calls today. Let me know if there's something needed to be tested in vm or anything as I have access to my Linux laptop fully again22:18
lubot<HMollerCl> @wxl [<wxl> which is in 3.2.14], It is in ci/unstable? I can check that22:40
lubot<kc2bez> it isn't yet @HMollerCl the new version from git has been failing to build.22:48
wxlone could always build master and confirm it22:57
lubot<HMollerCl> But if it fails to build in ci... It might fail in live too23:01
wxlmore likely a packaging issue which is what @kc2bez alluded to above (see copyright mention)23:02
kc2bezyou can see the build log here https://launchpadlibrarian.net/445130652/buildlog_ubuntu-eoan-amd64.calamares_3.2.12+git201910030114~eoan-0ubuntu1~ppa1_BUILDING.txt.gz23:39
kc2bezit fails on PythonQt^23:39
lubot<tsimonq2> Missing depends23:39
lubot<tsimonq2> apt-cache find PythonQt.h23:39
lubot<tsimonq2> Or packages.ubuntu.com23:39
lubot<tsimonq2> Add that as a build dep23:40
lubot<tsimonq2> Voila23:40
lubot<kc2bez> well the issue with that is that we should already have the build depend23:54
lubot<kc2bez> Debian stopped building against PythonQt in February https://salsa.debian.org/qt-kde-team/extras/calamares/commit/b125acf24260f3fbf50ea2b547996871a517ab1323:58

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!