kenvandinekyrofa: please don't forget my darktable PR :)01:01
kyrofakenvandine, I haven't, don't worry!01:01
dufluOh hi kenvandine. How goes?01:51
kenvandineHey duflu, welcome back!01:52
dufluThanks. I struggled to stay away through yesterday but hopefully today is better01:52
duflu-away +awake01:52
dufluSelf contradictory perhaps02:06
jibelgood morning everyone05:29
=== cpaelzer__ is now known as cpaelzer
oSoMoNgood morning desktoppers06:23
didrocksgood morning07:15
jibelsalut didrocks & oSoMoN07:37
didrockssalut jibel07:39
seb128gooood morning desktopers08:19
marcustomlinsongood morning jibel oSoMoN didrocks and seb12808:28
didrockssalut seb128, bon week-end prolongé ?08:28
didrocksand hey marcustomlinson08:28
seb128hey marcustomlinson, lut didrocks, how are you?08:28
marcustomlinsongood thanks, nice relaxing long weekend :)08:28
didrocksça va :)08:28
seb128marcustomlinson, same here, I took monday as a remaining swap from Vancouver :)08:33
marcustomlinsonnice :)08:34
oSoMoNgood morning jibel, didrocks, marcustomlinson09:01
didrockssalut oSoMoN09:20
jibelhello oSoMoN09:22
seb128jamesh, weekly discourse post?12:37
seb128kenvandine, ^12:37
kenvandineHey seb12814:03
seb128hey kenvandine, how are you?14:06
kenvandineGood, and you?14:06
seb128I'm good thx :)14:06
marcustomlinsonhey kenvandine14:15
kenvandinehey marcustomlinson14:19
kenvandinemarcustomlinson: did you make any progress on getting the calendar and contacts snaps updated?14:20
marcustomlinsonkenvandine: I did get 'somewhere'14:21
marcustomlinsonit's moving further and further in the build process14:21
marcustomlinsonpealing the onion14:21
marcustomlinsonAnother day perhaps14:21
kenvandinemarcustomlinson: ok14:22
kenvandineusing the gnome-3-34 build snap?14:22
marcustomlinsonI have to build e-d-s14:22
marcustomlinsonthat's where the pain is14:22
marcustomlinsonlots of moving parts14:24
marcustomlinsonanyway, you know how it is, chipping away slowly14:24
WimpressTime appropriate greetings desktoppers14:28
oSoMoNhey Wimpress14:29
didrockssounds like the start of a podcast I'm listening from time to time :)14:29
Wimpressdidrocks: :-D14:29
marcustomlinsonwhich podcast, Wimpress is on them all14:29
Wimpress#startmeeting Desktop Team Weekly Meeting - 2019-12-0314:31
meetingologyMeeting started Tue Dec  3 14:31:11 2019 UTC.  The chair is Wimpress. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.14:31
meetingologyAvailable commands: action commands idea info link nick14:31
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Thanksgiving Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Work (read-only for non-developers): https://trello.com/b/uEut6bfN/ubuntu-desktop-1910-cycle | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting - 2019-12-03 | Current topic:
WimpressRoll call:  didrocks, duflu, hellsworth, jamesh, jibel, kenvandine, laney (out), marcustomlinson, oSoMoN, seb128 , tkamppeter (out), trevinho (out), robert_ancell14:31
* Wimpress blinks14:31
WimpressSays here Trevinho is PTO ;-)14:31
seb128Wimpress, here being?14:32
seb128he was off yesterday, did I put that on the wrong day in the holidays calendar?14:32
Trevinhoyesterday I was14:32
WimpressMy calendar must be wrong then.14:32
* marcustomlinson winks14:33
seb128I probably screwed the event, fixed14:33
seb128sorry :)14:33
WimpressIs all fine.14:33
WimpressRight, shall we?14:33
Wimpress#topic rls-bb-bugs14:33
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Thanksgiving Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Work (read-only for non-developers): https://trello.com/b/uEut6bfN/ubuntu-desktop-1910-cycle | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting - 2019-12-03 | Current topic: rls-bb-bugs
WimpressWell, that one is all clear.14:34
WimpressTrevinho: Is this one suitable for bionic?14:36
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1793496 in mutter (Ubuntu Bionic) "scaling changes when closing/re-opening the lid" [Undecided,New]14:36
TrevinhoWimpress: well, I've proposed a PPA for that, that isn't fixing apparently14:37
Trevinhoso... while coudl be nice to have, I wasn't able to identify what fixed it in my other branch14:37
seb128Wimpress, where did you find that one?14:37
Trevinhoso it would need some more work14:37
Wimpressseb128: desktop-packages in rls-bb-tracking14:38
seb128Wimpress, we usually reviews unassigned one in that list14:38
seb128that one is assigned to Marco?14:38
WimpressYep. Just noticed that one was 'New'14:39
WimpressOK, to move on?14:39
Wimpress#topic rls-dd-bugs14:39
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Thanksgiving Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Work (read-only for non-developers): https://trello.com/b/uEut6bfN/ubuntu-desktop-1910-cycle | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting - 2019-12-03 | Current topic: rls-dd-bugs
WimpressAll god.14:39
WimpressAll good14:39
WimpressThat all looks in order too.14:40
Wimpress#topic rls-ee-bugs14:40
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Thanksgiving Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Work (read-only for non-developers): https://trello.com/b/uEut6bfN/ubuntu-desktop-1910-cycle | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting - 2019-12-03 | Current topic: rls-ee-bugs
WimpressIs good.14:41
marcustomlinsonthere's a chromium bug in unknown: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+bug/183467114:41
ubot5Ubuntu bug 1834671 in chromium (Ubuntu Eoan) "TLSv1.3 client certificate authentication with renegotiation unsupported in browsers" [Undecided,Confirmed]14:41
marcustomlinsonnot sure if that's for us. oSoMoN?14:42
oSoMoN I already commented on it a while back, not sure there's anything else to do for now14:42
WimpressoSoMoN: Has marked that "Fix released" for Firefox.14:42
WimpressSo is Chromium fixed or no action requireD?14:43
oSoMoNnot implemented in chromium until the spec is clarified14:43
oSoMoNso nothing we can do about it14:43
WimpressOK, thanks.14:43
WimpressAll OK to move on?14:44
marcustomlinsonso we should not be tracking it right14:44
oSoMoNlet me remove the distro tasks for chromium14:45
Wimpress#topic rls-ff-bugs14:46
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Thanksgiving Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Work (read-only for non-developers): https://trello.com/b/uEut6bfN/ubuntu-desktop-1910-cycle | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting - 2019-12-03 | Current topic: rls-ff-bugs
WimpressAll in hand there.14:46
WimpressAlso, all fine.14:48
Wimpress#topic update_excuses_by_team.html#desktop-packages14:48
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Thanksgiving Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Work (read-only for non-developers): https://trello.com/b/uEut6bfN/ubuntu-desktop-1910-cycle | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting - 2019-12-03 | Current topic: update_excuses_by_team.html#desktop-packages
WimpressThat looks way better than last week :-D14:48
seb128yeah, I've been busy on trying to get that list down (still on it)14:49
hellsworthhow do we know if any of these are not being looked at?14:49
seb128we need someone to stay on top and know the status14:49
seb128which is usually Laney or me14:49
hellsworthah ok thanks then :)14:49
seb128from the list xorg needs some work14:49
seb128oSoMoN, is firefox/armhf on your list?14:50
WimpressShould we track these in Trello?14:50
seb128firejail is a falloutof i386 being deleted14:50
oSoMoNseb128, it is14:50
seb128Wimpress, we do, we even have a tag for proposed-migration :)14:50
seb128oSoMoN, thx14:50
WimpressAAh, that tag :-)14:50
seb128I think the list is in shape14:51
seb128things are either being handled/already in trello, or not us14:51
Wimpressseb128 oSoMoN Do we have clear path for dealing with regression due to i386 not being available?14:51
seb128(the bottom of the list mostly i386 fallout waiting to vorlon to wake up and do his magic)14:51
seb128Wimpress, @i386, not really14:52
seb128let chat about that in our next meeting in an hour if you want14:52
* Wimpress makes a note.14:52
Wimpress#topic AOB14:52
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Thanksgiving Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Work (read-only for non-developers): https://trello.com/b/uEut6bfN/ubuntu-desktop-1910-cycle | Desktop Team Weekly Meeting - 2019-12-03 | Current topic: AOB
WimpressAnyone have anything else they want to discuss?14:53
Wimpressjibel: Is that a "Hello" or a request to discuss something?14:53
jibelthere is a MIR in progress for zsys with no movement at all cf bug 183927114:53
ubot5bug 1839271 in zsys (Ubuntu) "[MIR] zsys" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/183927114:53
jibelit was me looking for the bug #14:54
jibelWimpress, seb128 could you help getting some traction from the security team?14:54
Wimpressjibel: Yes.14:54
seb128thx Wimpress14:54
jibelI'm just worried that with xmas break it won't be sorted before new year14:55
WimpressI'll do what I can to get it looked at.14:55
didrocksthx a lot Wimpress :)14:55
didrocks(the MIR was opened in August FTR)14:56
WimpressSo I see.14:56
WimpressAnyone else for AOB?14:56
hellsworthnothing from me14:57
seb128seems like a wrap then!14:57
=== meetingology changed the topic of #ubuntu-desktop to: Home of the Thanksgiving Desktop Team, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam | For help or questions, try #ubuntu | Work (read-only for non-developers): https://trello.com/b/uEut6bfN/ubuntu-desktop-1910-cycle
meetingologyMeeting ended Tue Dec  3 14:57:51 2019 UTC.14:57
meetingologyMinutes:        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-desktop/2019/ubuntu-desktop.2019-12-03-14.31.moin.txt14:57
marcustomlinsonthanks Wimpress14:57
WimpressThanks everyone.14:57
oSoMoNthanks everyone14:58
WimpressGreat work clearing the backlogs team!14:58
Trevinhoseb128: hey... (i don't see you in debian-gnome)... so, maybe you should also update https://salsa.debian.org/debian/libfprint/blob/5680318dd710dd71005f4409083c60fced746c1e/debian/libfprint2.postinst to match the new included drivers (mostly synaptics IDs)16:00
seb128Trevinho, sorry, looks like I closed the tab by mistake16:00
seb128Trevinho, ah, thanks for pointing that out, maybe comment on the mr?16:01
seb128Trevinho, also annoying that you are submitting a conflicting mp at the same time... :)16:02
Trevinhoseb128: ahah, right. I thought I should base mine on yours, but gitlab has not such thing16:02
Trevinhobut the conflict is probably auto-merging anyways or quiiiick merge.16:02
Trevinhoanyways was mostly a RFC since I had that for long time locally16:03
seb128Trevinho, one thing that launchpad does better! :-)16:05
seb128Trevinho, do you expect the tool to be useful for debugging/asking bug reporters?16:05
Trevinhoseb128: it is for testing sensors with some more low-level infos16:07
seb128Trevinho, right, well the question as to know if it's only useful to hackers (in which case it's probably something you should build yourself) or if that's something we might want to hand to users as well16:14
Trevinhowell, I would say would be useful for bug reporting msotly16:14
Trevinhothere's a flatpack for that iirc too16:14
seb128k, then a new binary would be nice I guess16:17
hellsworthkenvandine: or anyone.. every now and then when i try to build a snap i get a multipass error but launching a rebuild goes on just fine. this time i can't get past the multipass error. is there a known solution besides rebooting?17:26
hellsworthsnapcraft-gedit: timed out waiting for response. An error occurred with the instance when trying to launch with 'multipass': returned exit code 2. Ensure that 'multipass' is setup correctly and try again.17:26
hellsworththis is after 'snapcraft clean' and 'snapcraft'17:27
kenvandinerace condition i guess17:27
kenvandinei've hit that a couple times17:27
hellsworthbut it happens every time now17:28
kenvandinesergiusens: ^^17:28
kenvandinei'm using multipass from beta, not edge17:28
marcustomlinsonhellsworth: I get this sometimes17:29
jibeldelete the vm and try again? I had it too and it usually fixes it or just a retry17:29
marcustomlinsonI multipass delete the vm17:29
hellsworthwell snapcraft clean deletes the vm17:29
sergiusenskenvandine: hellsworth we haven't changed anything in a while, maybe get Saviq?17:29
marcustomlinsonwhat jibel said17:29
jibelI use beta too17:30
sergiusenshellsworth: is the error presented during build?17:30
kenvandinebeta has been pretty solid for me17:30
sergiusenshellsworth: try giving the instance more RAM17:30
hellsworthwell i just tried 'multipass delete snapcraft-gedit' followed by 'snapcraft' and hit the same issue again17:30
hellsworthgrumble grumble17:30
hellsworthhow do you give the instance more ram?17:31
hellsworthsergiusens: yes the error is presented when trying to build gedit with just 'snapcraft'17:31
Saviqhellsworth: `multipass delete` does not actually remove the instance17:31
Saviqunless you `multipass purge` after, or `…delete --purge17:31
kenvandinemultipass delete -p snapcraft-gedit17:31
hellsworthalrighty let's try with --purge17:32
Saviq`snapcraft clean` is really what you should use17:32
hellsworthah ok well i've been using 'snapcraft clean' before trying with multipass delete..17:32
marcustomlinsonhellsworth: SNAPCRAFT_BUILD_ENVIRONMENT_MEMORY=4G snapcraft17:32
hellsworththanks marcustomlinson17:32
hellsworthwhat's the default ram for a multipass vm?17:33
kenvandinehellsworth: what version of multipass are you using?17:33
marcustomlinsonhellsworth: but I doubt highly you need to do that17:33
hellsworth0.8.1multipass             0.8.1                         1230   latest/beta17:33
kenvandineok, same here17:33
Saviqhellsworth: I know this sounds wrong on a number of levels, but have you tried turning it off and on again?17:34
hellsworthby it you mean my computer? i mean i could but rebooting is such a pain17:34
hellsworthand if i i have to i will17:34
hellsworthbut i wanted to ask here first if there was some other solution first17:34
hellsworthyeah setting the ram to 4G doesn't make a difference17:34
hellsworthok fine i'll reboot17:35
marcustomlinsonhellsworth: so you tried multipass delete -p snapcraft-gedit?17:35
kenvandinemaybe just restarting multipass17:35
Saviqhellsworth: let's break it down, does `multipass launch snapcraft:core18` work?17:35
hellsworthoh there's an idea. i'll try restarting multipass17:35
hellsworthok haven't restarted multipass17:35
hellsworth'multipass launch snapcraft:core18' seems to just hang there with no stdout17:35
Saviqhellsworth: that does suggest the daemon is stuck17:36
Saviqhellsworth: `sudo gdb -p $( pidof multipassd )` could give you a clue where it went17:36
hellsworthok restarting multipassd17:36
Saviqand yeah `snap restart multipass` should resolve that17:37
hellsworthi restarted multipass - seemed to restart successfully. but then when i tried to build with 'snapcraft' i see this again in journalctl17:39
hellsworthso will check the gdb command to look for more info17:40
marcustomlinsonsnapcraft --use-lxd17:40
* marcustomlinson runs away17:40
* kenvandine prefers multipass :)17:41
marcustomlinsonyeah I'm kidding17:41
marcustomlinsonI was running from Saviq's backhand17:42
hellsworthSaviq: ^17:42
hellsworthwarning: File "/snap/core/8039/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db-1.0.so" auto-loading has been declined by your `auto-load safe-path' set to "$debugdir:$datadir/auto-load".17:43
hellsworthoh wait that might be gdb setup on my system17:43
hellsworthidk what i'm doing17:44
hellsworthshould i just reboot?17:44
Saviqhellsworth: those errors are benign17:44
hellsworthis any of this debugging valuable?17:44
marcustomlinsonrestart the machine17:44
hellsworthok fine. reboot it is.17:45
marcustomlinsonat least rule it out I guess17:45
=== heather is now known as hellsworth
hellsworthwell i rebooted, did a 'snapcraft clean' and a 'snapcraft' and am hitting the same issue17:50
hellsworthwhat in the world happened17:51
hellsworthtime to delete multipass and reinstall it17:51
sergiusenshellsworth: if you need to remove, make it not take a snapshot or it will take forever17:53
sergiusenshellsworth: even before doing so, ask Saviq if there is any information that could be useful in the datastore to analyze what went wrong17:54
hellsworthwell i already issued 'snap remove multipass'17:54
hellsworthand yes the snapshot is taking forever17:54
sergiusensSaviq: how about using the remove hook like in microk8s?17:57
hellsworththanks Saviq. the --purge flag is very nice to have17:57
hellsworthremoving multipass with --purge and reinstalling it seems to have fixed my problem17:58
marcustomlinsonhellsworth: out of curiosity did you try multipass delete -p snapcraft-gedit?18:00
marcustomlinsonah ok, maybe I missed that earlier18:00
hellsworthwell i did it with the full --purge rather than -p18:01
hellsworthbut same thing18:01
Saviqsergiusens: and remove the users' instances?18:02
Saviqwe do have one that drops the cache, but dropping instances themselves… not without asking :)18:03
=== ijohnson is now known as ijohnson|lunch
=== ijohnson|lunch is now known as ijohnson
robert_ancellkenvandine, I've made snap-store-3-34 on Community/Ubuntu in GNOME GitLab. I *think* I've got all the changes from the current snap-store branch. Can you do a quick test before I replace the current branch with it (I'll make a backup of that in case we need it).21:33
kenvandineI cherry picked a few commits that were missing21:40
kenvandinerobert_ancell: ^^21:40
kenvandineIt mostly works21:40
kenvandineIt's currently built in the edge channel21:41
robert_ancellkenvandine, which commits? I'm not seeing anything new.21:41
robert_ancellkenvandine, oh, there's two things I think need fixing 1. disable the scroll on the banner and 2. we need to resolve the categories now they no longer collapse.21:42
kenvandinerobert_ancell: try installing something21:48
robert_ancellkenvandine, working here!?21:49
robert_ancellkenvandine, your HEAD is 90cff77d1421e6c7cd704ed0d21d8b183378efca, right?21:54
kenvandinerobert_ancell: oh... nope22:01
kenvandinepulling gives me conflicts :/22:03
kenvandinei had pushed at lunchtime :)22:03
robert_ancellkenvandine, oh, whoops. I might have overwritten your changes :/22:05
kenvandineno worries... i can get them back if needed :)22:06
robert_ancellkenvandine, can you push your local branch somewhere and I'll merge it in22:06
kenvandinerobert_ancell: it looks like you got the changes i had except the packaging changes22:10
kenvandinei can fix that up22:10
robert_ancellok, cool.22:10
kenvandinei'll fix that up and push it in a few22:12
seb128robert_ancell, kenvandine, do we get a less weird workflow for that vcs now? ;-)22:12
seb128like normal gbp style on launchpad?22:12
robert_ancellseb128, for the snap-store branch or all the g-s branches?22:12
seb128g-s in Ubuntu22:12
robert_ancellseb128, the g-s branches are all in LP, but the GNOME branches are used to rebase and generate the patches.22:13
seb128also might be worth doing it for the snap-store as well if you want others in the team to be able to fix things when needed22:13
seb128which nobody in the team outside of you understand how to do an update to that package :-/22:14
kenvandinei think the snap-store branch should not be rebased, we don't need to generate patches22:14
kenvandinei don't either :)22:14
robert_ancellkenvandine, but what do we do when we get to 3.36?22:14
kenvandinei'd like to be able to just merge :)22:15
robert_ancellkenvandine, then how do we know which changes are still applied against upstream?22:15
seb128gbp import-orig! :)22:15
kenvandinerobert_ancell: git diff?22:15
robert_ancellkenvandine, right, so then the Debian patches just becomes one patch? I mean I think that makes sense but doesn't seem the way we're doing things.22:16
kenvandinerobert_ancell: actually, once we switch to the snap we can make drop the patches from the deb22:16
robert_ancellkenvandine, yeah, this is easy in the snap case for sure.22:17
robert_ancellkenvandine, seb128 let's add this one to the Frankfurt list to resolve :)22:18
robert_ancellI'm used to too much travel, but Frankfurt currently feels like too far away!22:19
kenvandinerobert_ancell: after installing a snap, try switching channels22:19
kenvandineit shows the unconfined warning22:19
robert_ancellkenvandine, always? even when not unconfined?22:20
kenvandinerobert_ancell: i've pushed my changes22:20
kenvandinerobert_ancell: yes22:20
kenvandineit doesn't show it before installing the snap22:20
kenvandineafter install, switch channels22:20
kenvandineyou'll see the warning22:20
robert_ancellkenvandine, which snap were you using?22:20
kenvandinei've reproduced it with several.  I just tested with wethr22:21
robert_ancellI think we want to change the source labels in the snap-store, so it's clearer they're channels.22:22
kenvandineand by default it says "Ubuntu" even when only the snap plugin is enabled22:22
kenvandineso it did change channels for me22:22
kenvandinebut shows the install button and the unconfined warning22:22
robert_ancelloh, weird - it's definitely strictly confined in all cases.22:24

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!