kelvinliuwallyworld: I can't reproduce the missing sku name even on the 2.6 model upgraded from 2.401:29
wallyworldkelvinliu: hmmm, not sure. i thought i reproduced it a while back. maybe ask him in #juju if he's tried it again with 2.7?01:36
kelvinliuwallyworld: I think I found the problem here, the model has to be upgraded from 2.3 but not 2.4+.03:38
kelvinliuwallyworld: im wondering we should land the fix to 2.7 or?03:40
wallyworldkelvinliu: 2.8 is fine03:41
kelvinliuok, cool03:41
wallyworldi thought it was 2.4, but naybe we chnaged sku type in 2.4 and not 2.503:42
wallyworldthumper: so yeah, i reproduced the issue where upgrade-charm hook runs "for no reason" deploying a bundle. WTF. need to figure out why03:50
tlmian got 5 min for HO ?03:55
thumperwallyworld: cool, being able to reproduce is one of the hardest issues03:55
thumpertimClicks_: we should create a simple doc around agent ratelimiting with examples03:57
thumpersomething to add to the queue03:57
kelvinliuwallyworld:  it's not related with the SKU change at all. It's because we use unmanaged storage which requires a storage account but we changed to use managed storage for all model after 2.3. so no storage account anymore.03:58
kelvinliufor no storage account case, we set the SKU.Name to `Aligned`, but set an empty SKU struct for models do have a storage account (the one upgraded from 2.3)04:01
wallyworldkelvinliu: ah i see, nice pickup04:18
kelvinliuwallyworld: ah, can i grab u 2mins?05:27
flxfooHi there09:11
flxfooI am trying to patch an interface (solr). I have one first issue with current version, calling `add-relation` works fine, but `remove-relation` breaks with ('Unable to determine default scope: no current hook or global scope'09:13
flxfoois that something that is on the interface side or something missing from the charm (which I doubt) ?09:13
flxfoosorry working in the `apache-solr` charm not the interface.09:14
stickupkidI guess we use labels on PRs now09:48
achilleasamanadart: on develop, is the core/network.InterfaceInfo populated by the machiner? I want to add a new field to indicate if this is a virtual port (for OVS)09:51
achilleasadoes that mean that I need to bump the relevant APIs or are they already bumped on develop?09:53
manadartachilleasa: Yes, it will be populated by the machiner and instance-poller. I don't think they have been bumped on develop since the 2.8 release, but I may be wrong.09:57
manadartachilleasa: Technically it should be bumped right stickupkid? I think there have been instances where we have gotten away with omitempty.09:57
achilleasamanadart: stickupkid weren't they bumped when Origin was introduced?09:58
manadartachilleasa: Does it matter if it is a virtual port? InterfaceInfo already has IsVirtual returning true if the NIC is VLAN-tagged.10:00
manadartachilleasa: Origin went out with
achilleasamanadart: when starting kvm containers you need to pass "<virtualport type='openvswitch' />" to bridge to OVS10:01
manadartachilleasa: Righto.10:02
achilleasato get that info in kvm/libvirt I can either add it to NetworkInfo which is decorated as a libvirt.Interface10:02
achilleasaor add it to the decorated type as an extra arg10:02
achilleasawhich means that I need to fetch the OVS bridges and populate that on the fly when I boot the kvm container10:02
achilleasaI am doing the latter but thought that maybe if I added this info to NetworkInfo it would be more elegant10:03
achilleasa(also my NIC does not use VLANs so I can't use IsVirtual)10:04
stickupkidachilleasa, manadart yeah, but I'd need to check10:04
manadartachilleasa: We'll need it to flow back and forth right? In to state via InterfaceInfo->NetworkInfo->LinkLayerDevice and back the other way as network config?10:04
achilleasamanadart: yes... consirerably more effort than detecting on the fly10:04
achilleasabut I think it's better from a modeling perspective10:05
manadartachilleasa: Yes.10:05
achilleasagiven that brctl skips ovs bridges I think it's better to have a more accurate view on the hardware (virtual or not)10:05
achilleasaplus, getting it in via the machiner will also allow me to use it in the lxd PR10:06
* manadart nods.10:06
achilleasaok, I will do that then and amend my lxd PR afterwards10:07
achilleasawe might be able to get away with omitempty here though given that the machiner will report it correctly eventually, right?10:07
achilleasa(so no bump would be required?)10:08
stickupkidanybody know where this package went in 2.8 https://github.com/juju/juju/tree/2.7/permission10:12
stickupkidah core10:12
stickupkidI wish we had a job for `go mod tidy` <--10:14
stickupkidmanadart, achilleasa https://github.com/juju/juju/pull/1168910:16
achilleasastickupkid: I can review this in about 1h if that's OK. Trying to get a fix for the panic for the next 2.7 sha. Can you take a quick look at https://github.com/juju/bundlechanges/pull/62?10:27
stickupkidachilleasa, this is super super low priority, yeah I'll take a look10:28
stickupkidachilleasa, I love how the documentation for SplitN is wrong "The count determines the number of substrings to return"10:31
stickupkidachilleasa, well that's a lie, we asked for 2, you gave us 110:31
achilleasastickupkid: it's all best effort :D10:32
stickupkidachilleasa, SplitAtMaxNButProbablyWillBeLess()10:33
manadartstickupkid achilleasa: Can I get a review of https://github.com/juju/juju/pull/11690 ? It's just regenerated mocks.10:58
stickupkidmanadart, ....11:09
stickupkidah, you've added 2.7 as well11:10
flxfooendpoint_from_flag() would return an object from a given flag that can be found in the logs. for endpoint_from_name() what would be the name form?11:58
achilleasacan I get a CR on https://github.com/juju/juju/pull/11692?13:38
achilleasapetevg: can you also take a look at the warning output and let me know if the wording is OK or tweaking is needed? ^^13:39
petevgachilleasa: the warning is a little unclear on the consequences. Will the endpoints show up as dupes, or not show up at all?13:43
achilleasapetevg: take a look at the end of the QA steps; basically, you will see them be removed and added13:44
petevgachilleasa: got it. I suggested a small change to the wording to reflect that.13:46
achilleasahml: can you take a look at ^14:25
hmlachilleasa:  i’m knee deep in other stuff… is there a time rush?  i can look later14:26
achilleasahml: no but I was hoping to land this some time today so it's included in the next 2.7 sha14:26
achilleasaif you can take a look later and hit merge if it's ok that would be great14:27
hmlachilleasa:  will do14:28
stickupkidI wish `juju upgrade-controller --build-agent` had a `--splat` flag, which would also update the one in the PATH14:39
skaypostgresql charm question. I've changed the backup_dir setting, but the DUMP_DIR in the pg_backup_job script still points to the old setting21:31
skayshouldn't it change?21:32
skayaha. it might be a bug that was fixed and I haven't upgraded the charm21:48

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!