Chipacamorning all!08:09
Chipacabthomas: I pushed a bunch of changes to #417, mostly focused on fixing the rst but also some other misc09:57
mupPR #417: Added a few doc strings to charm module <Created by balbirthomas> <https://github.com/canonical/operator/pull/417>09:57
Chipacashout if you don't like any of it :)09:57
bthomasChipaca: Will have a look. Thank you. Trust your judgement :)09:57
Chipaca*I* don't, but thanks09:57
Chipacabthomas: I suggest you install docs/requirements.txt and run ./build_docs, and look at docs/_build/html/index.html in your browser09:58
Chipacathat's what i did, lacking aforementioned trust in my own judgement 🙂09:58
bthomashe he09:58
Chipacasphinx seems a lot happier now09:59
Chipacaworkers are sawing up the road outside my window10:16
Chipacaand it's almost lunchtime10:16
Chipacaso, runch10:16
* Chipaca ⇝ runch10:16
facubatista¡Muy buenos días a todos!10:39
bthomasनमस्ते facubatista10:40
bthomasChipaca: read through the built docs. The formatting looks clean. Thank you. There are things about the content I can still work on though, and will do so as my understanding grows and have some time. For instance in ops.Charm.CharmBase and and a few other classes repeat the information/example of EventSource/EventBase multiple times. It may be more illuminating to provide more contextual examples. But I guess this is a job for me, for10:40
bthomasanother day.10:40
facubatistahola bthomas10:40
* bthomas -> munch, munch11:27
Chipacafacubatista: buen día señor!11:34
facubatistahola Chipaca :)11:50
* facubatista brb, errands13:56
facubatistaAssertionError: Please fix files as suggested by pydocstyle (461 issues):15:24
* facubatista is adding docstring check to ops15:24
facubatista(note that count is ignoring test cases and special methods)15:25
Chipacafacubatista: ooh, i was looking at that earlier today too15:27
mupPR operator#424 opened: Added docstrings checks <Created by facundobatista> <https://github.com/canonical/operator/pull/424>15:27
Chipacafacubatista: pydocstyle --convention=google --add-ignore=D105,D107 ops15:28
Chipacafacubatista: still a long way to go15:28
Chipacafacubatista: i don't know what the equivalent of --convention=google is but please do that also :)15:29
facubatistamuch better now!15:32
facubatistaAssertionError: Please fix files as suggested by pydocstyle (102 issues):15:32
Chipacafacubatista: stand up?15:32
Chipacathis is EOD for me peeps17:03
* bthomas dito17:16
mupPR operator#425 opened: Fixed several small details in lot of docstrings <Created by facundobatista> <https://github.com/canonical/operator/pull/425>17:36
facubatistaEasy review! ↑17:36
Chipacafacubatista: can we block that until #417 is merged please17:44
mupPR #417: Added a few doc strings to charm module <Created by balbirthomas> <https://github.com/canonical/operator/pull/417>17:44
facubatistaUh, I forgot to talk about 417 today in the standup, it's almost 3 weeks now, do we see a light at the end of the tunnel for it?17:47
bthomasfacubatista: I will also try and remember next standup. There are a lot of details that can be refined still. As long as Chipaca, jam and jldev are ok to merge we can merge it, and then make incremental changes as time passes. In response to some questions and comments by jam I suggested changes asking for his approval. If he accepts those suggestions I can make the changes before merge or we can do it later.17:58
facubatistabthomas, landing at 90% right and improve the remaining 10% is fine for me, I prefer that to waiting for it to be 101% right18:23
facubatista(it's similar to release early, release often)18:23
bthomasfacubatista: agreed18:23
facubatistareviews appreciated, thanks! Improvements per ux review - https://github.com/canonical/charmcraft/pull/17120:42
mupPR charmcraft#171: Improvements per ux review <Created by facundobatista> <https://github.com/canonical/charmcraft/pull/171>20:42

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!