RyuKurisu[m]<RyuKurisu[m] "wxl in case you want to follow t"> wxl @guiverc I haven't found a way to scrape the touchpad/touchscreen within the script, but besides that the autorotate.sh script is ready.13:03
RyuKurisu[m]It'll ask with a zenity question to disable the keyboard if you rotate it out of the normal orientation and simply enables the keyboard when you return to normal orientation.13:05
RyuKurisu[m]BTW keep in mind that Gtk based environments also don't change the touchpad & - screen14:11
kc2bezo/ Yinz21:01
ubot93standup is @tsimonq2 @lynorian @HMollerCl @aptghetto @teward001 @SamuelBanya @kc2bez @The_LoudSpeaker wxl[m] guiverc it's 2100 UTC Thursday which means it's time for the Lubuntu Development standup meeting. Please announce yourself for roll call! Afterwards, in order of announcement, post your items and be sure to mention when you're done.21:01
guivercG'day & o/21:02
* guiverc away 60 secs to make my tea; kettle boiled21:02
lubot<teward001> ERR:NO_PINGS_ACCEPTED; RETURNING OBJECT ChaosSummoner66621:02
lubot<HMollerCl> we have standup again?21:03
* kc2bez yeets all pings at teward21:03
lubot<HMollerCl> that's nice21:03
kc2bezAgreed! 21:04
kc2bezOkie dokie, shall we proceed? tsimonq2 would you like to go first?21:05
wxli'm here21:05
kc2bezSimon must of dropped off or he has a bot waving at us :P21:08
kc2bezwhile we wait go ahead lynorian21:08
tsimonq2I don't have anything 21:09
kc2bezThanks for being here tsimonq221:09
lynorianI have updated the version number of libreoffice in manual21:09
lynorianand have a vm to see new features currently coming to the manual21:09
tsimonq2Of course 21:09
lynorianthat is really all I have done recently21:10
lynorianand some wording improvments to libreoffice in the manual21:10
kc2bezthanks lyn, as always, your work is appreciated.21:10
kc2bezguiverc: go ahead if you have anything21:11
guivercconfirm lynorian it's great work21:11
guivercme, mostly involved support.  fair number of bugs were incomplete/EOLd & other stuff I see.21:11
guivercsome testing (fraction of leok, we've had quite a bit by David/KGIII/uninvolved too)21:11
guivercsurprised no-one has affects-me on lp 1905947 which has impacted me week or two, seeing it on live & new installs, as well as primary box.21:11
ubot93Launchpad bug 1905947 in lxqt-config (Ubuntu) "lubuntu hirsute: display configuration doesn't survive logout/reboot" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/190594721:11
guivercwallpapers; want me to do anything??.  competition? or want me to pick numerous from site wimpy/mate use, then lubu members pick from them (wallpaper committee narrow list down maybe, others can add too..)21:11
guivercplan to document creating swap for discourse (I thought leokolb was going to do it), stop-gap until in our manual21:12
lubot<N0um3n0> Wallpapers and sddm themes?21:13
kc2bezI can get back to the wallpaper thing when I go but I think until I pass something back to you we are good on your end.21:13
kc2bezYes @N0um3n0 sddm too21:13
lubot<N0um3n0> Ok, good!21:14
guivercwallpaper & sddm screen is more packager... I'm early in process only21:14
kc2bezMaybe "Art Contest" is more appropriate? IDK21:14
kc2bezThanks for all your work guiverc !21:15
kc2bez@HMollerCl anything you would like to add?21:15
lubot<HMollerCl> yup21:15
kc2bezgo ahead21:15
lubot<HMollerCl> I hve now very little time for lubuntu, but I have made some things I would like to finish. which are:21:16
lubot<HMollerCl> a new version for update notifier that gives more info of the candidates package21:17
lubot<HMollerCl> an openbox breeze theme, to match qt breeze icons21:18
lubot<HMollerCl> I believe that redshift-qt should be taken by someone else, I don't have the time to package it.21:18
lubot<HMollerCl> I will reach @kc2bez when the 2 first are ready.21:19
lubot<HMollerCl> eof21:19
guivercthanks HMollerCl21:20
kc2bezThanks @HMollerCl !21:20
kc2bez@N0um3n0 Is there anything else you would like to add?21:21
lubot<N0um3n0> One moment21:23
lubot<N0um3n0> I'm waiting for an answer in some phab posts ... … Besides, I continue doing translations on the LXQt weblate and support in international channels.21:26
lubot<N0um3n0> https://phab.lubuntu.me/T17721:27
lubot<N0um3n0> T113: figure out fcitx language support.21:27
lubot<HMollerCl> ooo nice that lxqt weblate is back, didn't knew that.21:27
lubot<N0um3n0> https://phab.lubuntu.me/T11321:28
lubot<N0um3n0> @HMollerCl [ooo nice that lxqt weblate is back, didn't knew that.], yes and with the mapuche languaje....21:28
lubot<N0um3n0> https://translate.lxqt-project.org/projects/lxqt-desktop/libfm-qt/arn/21:29
lubot<N0um3n0> I'm going to do Spanish, Galician and Basque21:30
lubot<N0um3n0> EOF21:30
kc2bezThanks @N0um3n0 for the update and all your work!21:31
kc2bezwxl: are you still there and are you ready to go?21:31
guivercthanks @N0um3n021:31
wxli'm here21:31
wxlnot much to say though21:32
lubot<The_LoudSpeaker> +121:32
wxli've mainly been helping in support21:32
lubot<N0um3n0> @kc2bez [<kc2bez> Thanks @N0um3n0 for the update and all your work!], to you who do all the development21:32
wxlother than that, i've been chafing about libreoffice but haven't done anything about it and i'm not sure i could21:32
wxli will say i have finally started using redshift and it may be possible to persuade me to package redshift-qt21:33
* kc2bez twists wxl 's arm21:33
kc2bezThanks for all your support work! You have been super active in the forum and that is very helpful.21:34
wxlwell it's a good way to pick up on potential bugs (libreoffice!!!!!)21:34
wxldid we make any progress with our "support status board" or whatever we wwant to call it that @guiverc envisioned?21:35
guivercI concluded phab is probably where it'll go... no futher yet.21:36
wxlok. i'd really like to do that21:36
* guiverc adds I put a thing up on discourse (staff area, likely few saw it there)21:36
wxlthere's a lot of really really good points with that. genius idea guiverc21:36
wxlit will help us really unify our support presence 21:36
wxlbut i think it will also help us see the bugs easier21:37
guivercI had some testing I wanted to do (can't recall what it is, I wake up blank)... I'll work on support.list first then21:37
guivercconcur re:bugs21:37
wxl@guiverc: make a TODO list for yourself and you won't forget :)21:37
kc2bezOk, I have a paste.21:38
wxlyou all probably know i'm on the community council and we're almost to the point where we've dealt with all of our restaffing issues. after that, we've got some bigger picture ideas but i think it will take a little less of my time. work has been busy, though21:38
guiverci have one, open in featherpad tab; but doesn't always help ... brain injury issues21:39
wxltl;dr i'll probably start ramping up activity more soon21:39
wxlguiverc: i don't have the brain injury issue but still have the problem that sometimes the TODO doesn't help because i can't figure out what the heck i was talking about XD21:39
guivercyou've done some great work I've noted wxl on CC; as seen in posted minutes etc21:39
kc2bezYour CC work is important and appreciated! 21:40
wxlwe're getting there. things are really getting good now, i think. but it will be more about forming a vision than anything else, so, it's just different work21:40
* The_LoudSpeaker is just idling here. let me know if there's something I can help on.21:40
wxlso i haven't been paying attention to incoming stuff but have we got the latest releases of cala and lxqt running? if so i need to do some testing21:41
kc2bezI can add to that in my paste ^21:41
wxljeez i haven't even seen cala's fancy new website!21:41
kc2bezPretty snazzy.21:42
kc2bezMobile friendly too21:42
wxlone last thing we could probably use help on: updating the website, or at least the graphical elements21:42
wxlthat might be a good thing to throw into the call for art and such21:42
The_LoudSpeakeryes. cala website looks great.21:43
wxlok i'm excited to hear about what's new, so i'll hand the torch to you kc2bez 21:43
lubot<N0um3n0> @wxl [<wxl> one last thing we could probably use help on: updating the website, or at …], and add the xD support groups21:43
kc2bez* I've been working to get the new Calamares built and uploaded. I have it in a ppa now. I was having some build issues but I think I have them solved now.21:43
kc2bez* Next on the docket for me is Calamares settings. I have 4 things to work on there:21:43
kc2bez    * merge aptghetto's changes21:43
kc2bez    * Users module - set sambashare as a system group so that users get the same UID and GID. 21:43
kc2bez    * swap - enable swapfile and none as options for erase disk.21:43
kc2bez    * Update to hirsute21:43
guivercI made a suggest on a notes.lubu as I recall on changing part(s).. forgot about that  pi. ppc etc21:44
guivercsorry kc2bez 21:44
kc2bezyou did I have that too :D21:44
kc2bezCouple of questions:21:44
kc2bez* We had started to prep LXQt for backporting to focal. Are we still planning on that? If so what can I do to help facilitate? I am just not all that familiar with the process.21:44
kc2bez* CI seems borked. I found it handy. I could've used it for my Cala packaging issue. What is the plan to get that back online? What can I do to help?21:44
wxl@N0um3n0 you mean the international ones? if so make a task on phabricator please!21:44
kc2bezI think that was T17721:45
kc2bezPoint of interest: In a recent flavors meeting I lamented about our lack of an art team. Erich Eickmeyer indicated that there was some possibility for collaboration with their art developer if we had any specific art tasks that we were looking for. 21:45
wxloh jeez i totally missed that!21:45
kc2bezPerhaps website items can fall into my POI21:46
lubot<N0um3n0> @wxl [<wxl> @N0um3n0 you mean the international ones? if so make a task on phabricator …], https://phab.lubuntu.me/T17721:46
wxlErich's art developer is AMAZING so YES21:46
kc2bezWe just have to be specific when we ask is all.21:46
wxlanyways back to your paste, thanks for the help on Cala. glad to hear we''re finally getting that stupid sambashare thing fixed21:46
kc2bezswap too21:47
kc2bezmore TODO:21:47
kc2bez* Review guiverc's write up on art contest and get something out ASAP.21:47
kc2bez* Review the website comments/suggestions and work to help get that updated.21:47
kc2bez* Help get LXQt 0.16 into hisute.21:47
kc2bez* I am sure there are some tasks in phab if I get bored. :P21:47
wxlthe swap was easily resolvable though. not so much with the group21:47
kc2bezAgreed, nice when the installer does it for you though.21:47
wxlyep yep21:47
wxli think backporting would be good, assuming stability. i presume you mean backporting 0.16. so i guess we need to get that in and confirm all is well and good first, and then we can make sure it works in focal. then i can help with the backport21:49
wxlit's really just paperwork21:49
kc2bezThe only limitation with a swapfile is that it is only 512 Mb There is discussion upstream of having a way to adjust it in the installer but that may be a ways off.21:49
wxlseems strange to limit the swapfile size in such a way21:49
guivercget bored kc2bez?, you do heaps..21:49
guiverc& thanks for all you do kc2bez 21:50
wxlre: website stuff, if there's a task perhaps i could help (or maybe others might be into it)21:50
kc2bezA task is a good idea, I can craft that.21:50
wxland CI? do we know what's wrong?21:50
kc2bezNo I don't other than it throws an error.21:51
kc2bezJava, yuck yada yada :P21:52
* guiverc away a few mins21:52
wxldid we already ask thomas?21:53
kc2bezNot formally but I can.21:54
wxlyeah i'd say do that and point him at that bug report. it's likely there are some clues there21:54
wxlif we upgraded recently, that's likely the issue21:55
kc2bezOk, that is all I have.21:56
kc2bezAnyone else, The_LoudSpeaker ?21:56
kc2bezThanks everyone for making the meeting! 21:58
wxlthanks ya'll21:58
guivercthank you everyone for all your hard work21:58
wxlif i haven't mentioned it lately, i appreciate every single one of you21:58
kc2bezLet's do this again, maybe with less time in between XD22:00
wxli like that idea22:01
wxlwe going to stick to 2200 UTC?22:03
wxloh yeah that's what i meant22:04
wxlso i don't need to change the factoid. or did someone already do that without me? XD22:04
kc2bezI think the factoid just needs some folks dropped off and some new ones added.22:04
kc2bezThe time is good for me.22:05
wxlok so who what then?22:05
kc2bezI think we can drop Sam and add N0um3n0 and leokolb 22:07
lubot<N0um3n0> @kc2bez [<kc2bez> I think we can drop Sam and add N0um3n0 and leokolb], +122:07
kc2bezI think that might do it.22:07
kc2bezThanks wxl22:09
wxl!no standup-#lubuntu-devel is <reply> @tsimonq2 @lynorian @HMollerCl @aptghetto @teward001 @kc2bez @The_LoudSpeaker wxl[m] guiverc @N0um3n0 @leokolb — It's 2100 UTC Thursday which means it's time for the Lubuntu Development standup meeting. Please announce yourself for roll call! Then, in order of announcement, post your items, and be sure to mention when you're done.22:09
ubot93standup is @tsimonq2 @lynorian @HMollerCl @aptghetto @teward001 @SamuelBanya @kc2bez @The_LoudSpeaker wxl[m] guiverc it's 2100 UTC Thursday which means it's time for the Lubuntu Development standup meeting. Please announce yourself for roll call! Afterwards, in order of announcement, post your items and be sure to mention when you're done.22:10
wxlugh wth22:10
wxlok it needs time22:11
wxltest it later, it should work22:12
kc2bezOk, sounds good.22:12
guivercphab.lubuntu.me still mentions groovy under testing.. wxl, a support.list doesn't fit any current categories (wiki would be closest, but doesn't feel right to me).. I can't seem to edit main menu, if easy, can you wxl create page for me to use wherever appropriate please22:12
wxlit's in the db so should work now https://ubottu.com/factoids.cgi?search=standup22:12
wxlguiverc: let me grant you more access22:13
wxlguiverc: ok you have massive power now22:14
guivercthanks...  I'll plan to have something there this arvo (my local)22:15
wxlwe should probably go over https://phab.lubuntu.me/source/new-release/ and make sure we did it all for hair-suit22:17
kc2bezwe did not AFAIK wxl22:17
wxlkc2bez: right. which is why i'm saying we should :)22:18
kc2bez+1 I was just confirming.22:20
The_LoudSpeakerkc2bez: I have nothing for the meet and I would like some new tasks so tag me if you find anything. And thanks everyone for all your work.22:21
kc2bezThanks The_LoudSpeaker Will work on tagging you with something or if you feel like grabbing something let us know.22:22
lubot<N0um3n0> I thank you all for everything you do, my collaboration compared to yours is only a grain of sand22:23
The_LoudSpeakerkc2bez: for grabbing, I'd really like to take up some SRUs22:31
KGIII@guiverc, now that the meeting appears over, just David is fine. My launchpad account ended up backwards. I'd change it, but it says that doing so might negate some stuff, so I haven't done so. Either way, David is perfectly acceptable.22:32
wxlKGIII: shall we add you to the list of folks to ping when we have a meeting? since you continue to help more and more?22:33
guivercI used many forms partially as it increased the chance that you'd see it22:33
KGIIIThat would be appreciated. The only reason I knew this meeting was going to happen is because I was lurking when it was mentioned. 22:33
KGIIII had set aside the time to lurk the meeting today, just to see what it was about. So, thanks guiverc. I certainly noticed.22:34
lubot<The_LoudSpeaker> @The_LoudSpeaker [<The_LoudSpeaker> kc2bez: for grabbing, I'd really like to take up some SRUs], one I have on mind currently is backporting micro. It's not in Lubuntu package set tho. Filled all the required bugs. what are the next steps? The updated new version is in groovy and a more updated one is in hippo. I would like to22:34
lubot backport any one of them into focal.22:34
The_LoudSpeaker^ cc : wxl 22:35
KGIII@wxl thanks for the rapid approval at phab. I'll do some poking around over the next few weeks. I may have more time in my schedule and there may be something additional I can do beyond testing and answering a few questions.22:37
wxlKGIII: you're now added to the list. i'd say keep lurking and if you find anything that looks interesting, jump on it!22:37
wxli think because we've always been small, we've had a tendency to just do, but it would be nice if someone took stuff off our plate :)22:37
wxl@The_LoudSpeaker which package?22:38
The_LoudSpeakerwxl: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/micro22:38
wxl@The_LoudSpeaker i don't see the bug?22:44
The_LoudSpeaker^ shows two on that page.22:45
wxloh i thought you meant you filed SRU bugs22:46
The_LoudSpeakerhow to do that?22:46
wxlthat was that doc we pm''d about a while back22:46
The_LoudSpeakerme complete noob22:46
wxlsee Procedure section but read the whole thing really22:47
The_LoudSpeakerokay. I read a bit that day but couldn't get a look at it again. I will read whole and ping you again here.22:48
wxlbasically it's a matter of tweaking the report, uploading the diff, and getting it tested22:48
wxlif you get stuck on some section, ask in the channel. a couple of us have had to deal with these and should be able to help22:48
KGIIIIs the date and time of the next meeting going to be posted somewhere?22:49
The_LoudSpeakerKGIII: the meets are weekly on same time as today22:49
wxlit SHOULD be every thursday22:49
wxl2100 UTC22:49
KGIIIExcellent. That'll make adding it to my calendar easy. 22:50
wxlagain you should get a ping if you're on IRC22:50
wxlyou may want to consider adding matrix or telegram to ensure you're here22:50
KGIIII have Telegram set up, as well. I'm ahead of the game!22:51
The_LoudSpeakermy telegram gets killed by greenify. irc ftw!22:52
wxlKGIII: what's your username on telegram? kgiii?22:55
lubot<TheBuddha57> I don't actually know...22:56
KGIIIThat's my username on Telegram.22:56
wxli seeeeeee22:56
KGIIILOL I would not count on me using Telegram often. More a reminder to get to this PC, if needed.22:57
KGIIII wouldn't bother pinging that account or anything.22:57
KGIIIIt's in my calendar and set to notify me 24 hours in advance. So, it shouldn't be a problem.22:58
lubotlikeRfoxl was added by: likeRfoxl22:58

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!