=== MinseongCho[m]1 is now known as minseong[m]
=== minseong[m]1 is now known as mscho[m]
=== Guest91 is now known as testing
=== testing is now known as Guest4071
=== mscho[m] is now known as mscho
=== cpaelzer_ is now known as cpaelzer
sarnoldgood morning15:31
cpaelzer#startmeeting Weekly Main Inclusion Requests status15:31
meetingologyMeeting started at 15:31:37 UTC.  The chair is cpaelzer.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology15:31
meetingologyAvailable commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick15:31
cpaelzerPing for MIR meeting - didrocks joalif slyon sarnold cpaelzer jamespage15:31
cpaelzerlet us see who is still here and not yet doing a big EOY party15:32
jamespagenot very many?15:32
* cpaelzer puts a reminder to himself about a question seb sent (for AOB)15:32
cpaelzerseems that way jamespage :-)15:32
cpaelzerlet us hope we also do not have many problems then15:33
cpaelzer#topic current component mismatches15:33
cpaelzerMission: Identify required actions and spread the load among the teams15:33
cpaelzer#link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.svg15:33
cpaelzer#link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.svg15:33
cpaelzerhi joalif15:33
cpaelzeryay, nothing new to handle in there indeed15:33
cpaelzerall known csaes15:33
cpaelzer#topic New MIRs15:33
cpaelzerMission: ensure to assign all incoming reviews for fast processing15:33
cpaelzer#link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&assignee_option=none&field.assignee=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir15:34
cpaelzera review on https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pkgconf/+bug/1998095 is needed15:34
-ubottu:#ubuntu-meeting- Launchpad bug 1998095 in pkgconf (Ubuntu) "[MIR] pkgconf, replacement for pkg-config" [Medium, Confirmed]15:34
cpaelzerseems that slyon posted that foundations will own this15:34
cpaelzerit is a bit simple in the request15:35
cpaelzerbut then it is replacing what we already have15:35
cpaelzerand driven by community now accepted by foundations15:35
cpaelzerso it might be ok to be that small15:35
cpaelzerI'm struggling to get all my other things done already :-/15:35
cpaelzerjoalif: do you feel you could have a look at that one?15:35
cpaelzerif not this week then in january?15:36
joalifin january only, no way this week15:36
cpaelzerI understand15:36
cpaelzerjanuary should be fine15:36
joalifok then15:36
cpaelzerneither slyon nor anyone else spoke up to be strictly before EOY15:36
cpaelzerwhich we are all in a frenzy to reach15:36
cpaelzerthank you joalif!15:37
cpaelzer#topic Incomplete bugs / questions15:37
cpaelzerMission: Identify required actions and spread the load among the teams15:37
cpaelzer#link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir15:37
cpaelzerdoktape is the only one with recent updates15:37
cpaelzerand it is still incomplete, not yet waiting on us15:38
cpaelzerexcept if you'd think they do not know the process (to set it to new once ready)15:38
cpaelzerwell, jeremy would know15:38
cpaelzerthe updates are from Amin he is in the desktop team15:39
cpaelzerso no stranger to not know15:39
cpaelzerI guess we can wait for this to be              in the proper state or until we are asked about it15:39
cpaelzerbetter than starting to review now only to find a bunch of "not ready yet"15:39
cpaelzer#topic MIR related Security Review Queue15:39
cpaelzerMission: Check on progress, do deadlines seem doable?15:39
cpaelzer#link https://bugs.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-security/+bugs?field.searchtext=%5BMIR%5D&assignee_option=choose&field.assignee=ubuntu-security&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir15:39
cpaelzerInternal link15:39
cpaelzer- ensure your teams items are prioritized among each other as you'd expect15:40
cpaelzer- ensure community requests do not get stomped by teams calling for favors too much15:40
cpaelzer#link https://warthogs.atlassian.net/jira/software/c/projects/SEC/boards/59415:40
cpaelzersarnold: how is progress going on recently?15:40
cpaelzersarnold: and how does it look for early 2023?15:40
sarnoldno recent progress, we're on skeleton crew at the moment15:40
sarnoldmy most recent conversation with aburrage, I've been told we'll have a few people to work on MIRs and bring this list into something more managable15:40
sarnold.. in january15:41
cpaelzerfine, but in january this need to ramp up for real15:41
cpaelzermy former 2-3 per week will by then be more like 3-5 per week to make it in time15:41
cpaelzerjust to set the expected pace15:41
cpaelzerok, no bashing on teams down to skeleton crew level15:41
cpaelzergoing on15:41
cpaelzer#topic Any other business?15:42
cpaelzerlet me fetch that mail by seb ...15:42
joalifnothing from me15:42
-ubottu:#ubuntu-meeting- Launchpad bug 1997578 in liblc3 (Ubuntu) "[MIR] liblc3" [Undecided, In Progress]15:42
sarnoldthis is my last mir team meeting of the year15:42
cpaelzersarnold: for all of us15:43
cpaelzerAFAICS in this bug it misses the seed or packaging change to bring it in right?15:43
sarnoldI think you're right15:44
cpaelzerthanks for double checking15:44
cpaelzerupdating the bug15:44
cpaelzerok, that is it15:45
cpaelzerI wish you all a wonderful winter time and a happy new year!15:45
sarnoldthanks cpaelzer, all; happy new year :D15:45
joalifhave a nice holiday and happy new year all!15:45
cpaelzerI'll need to be faster in january as sarnold will take so much time to talk about the security reviews that will then be completed each week :-P15:45
cpaelzersee you all then15:45
meetingologyMeeting ended at 15:46:04 UTC.  Minutes at https://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2022/ubuntu-meeting.2022-12-13-15.31.moin.txt15:46
jbichayes, the duktape MIR is still being worked on16:16
=== franksmcb_ is now known as franksmcb
=== abrody_ is now known as abrody
rbasakvorlon, cyphermox: meeting? I don't see sil2100 here. Or are we skipping?20:01
vorlonah hi20:03
vorlonI'm past EOY at work so wasn't specifically planning to be at the meeting but it turns out I'm at the keyboard ;)20:03
rbasakThere's Erich's "Edubuntu Revival" email.20:04
rbasakAnd "Ubuntu Cinnamon for Official Flavor Status"20:04
rbasakSo a bit of TB admin others are waiting on.20:04
rbasak#startmeeting Technical Board20:04
meetingologyMeeting started at 20:04:59 UTC.  The chair is rbasak.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology20:04
meetingologyAvailable commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick20:05
rbasak#topic Action review20:05
rbasakACTION: (everyone) review the Ubuntu Backports Team Charter for ratification20:05
rbasakStill pending? There was some discussion in the backporters meeting the other day, but they basically punted it, too.20:05
rbasakACTION: rbasak to finalize third-party seeded snap security policy20:05
rbasakI intend to resume this in January, assuming I get re-elected.20:06
rbasakACTION: sil2100 to start a draft summarizing the OEM archive portion of the meeting which x-nox and TB will review, edit, and ratify before we move on to figuring out the next step20:06
rbasakStill pending?20:06
rbasakACTION: rbasak to draft a proposal of the DMB-proposed inactivity expiration policy for TB ratification20:06
rbasakStill pending20:06
rbasakACTION: cyphermox to figure out next steps to improve TB processes previously discussed20:06
rbasakcyphermox: I'm not sure what that refers to?20:06
cyphermoxthat was about the launchpad bugs and whatnot20:08
cyphermoxcarry please20:08
rbasakOK thanks20:08
rbasakAh right20:08
rbasakOK so I guess we can just consider all actions carried20:08
rbasak#topic Scan the mailing list archive for anything we missed (standing item)20:09
rbasakI think there are two20:09
rbasak#subtopic Ubuntu Cinnamon for Official Flavor Status20:09
rbasakƁukasz said he'd check in with other members of the release team. vorlon did you hear anything?20:09
rbasakFrom my POV, I'm interested to hear what recommendation the release team have on this.20:10
rbasakvorlon maybe you could opine now?20:10
vorlonI haven't had a chance to review the application yet; I'm generally in favor but need to check over details to satisfy myself that things are ready20:10
rbasakOK. How about I reply to the ML with an update for now, and we can continue in the new year.20:11
rbasak#subtopic Edubuntu Revival20:11
vorlonI have a lot to say on this one that I haven't had a chance to yet20:11
vorlonmy biggest concern is how edubuntu is going to be defined20:12
rbasakI have essentially the same question here - I'm very happy to see this proposal, but I think it's mostly up to the release team to find Erich and Amy a point of contact and make a recommendation.20:12
vorlonthe original Edubuntu was an oddball in a lot of ways wrt our flavors, a lot of the work was around LTSP20:12
vorlonand providing something that would be either a client or server for LTSP20:12
vorlonI don't imagine that's the intent of the current team, so I would like to see a clearer explanation of the purpose of this as a flavor20:13
vorlon(that's not something we have in the guidelines for flavors; maybe we should; nevertheless it's a major concern I have)20:13
EickmeyerIf I may?20:14
rbasakThe model some of the newest flavors (and proposed flavors) have been following is to have it "done" first, and then making it official. That helps to demonstrate the intent pretty clearly. I wonder if that's possible/practical here?20:15
rbasakEickmeyer: indeed - please :)20:15
EickmeyerI don't think LTSP is part of the current vision. Amy is from the early childhood background, and envisions having something that preschoolers can have in the classroom without too much administrative overehead.20:16
EickmeyerAdditionally, Elementary education could benefit from something similar, by having something children could get dirty by coding on.20:16
EickmeyerMore and more elementary schools, my son's in particular, are getting into coding, and what better than Linux to get them started on?20:17
EickmeyerAnd that continues into secondary as well.20:17
EickmeyerThe framework is already in the seed and just needs to be honed a little bit and made up-to-date.20:17
vorlonthe previous edubuntu seeds?20:18
EickmeyerIf LTSP is a thing, it would be secondary.20:18
Eickmeyervorlon: Indeed. They're only current as of Bionic.20:18
sil2100Apologies for being late20:19
vorlonok.  from my pov this needs to be an ongoing conversation as you dig into the edubuntu seeds and clean them up for what you've identified as the current target (which to me sounds like two: "a selection of installed-by-default software for ECE", "a selection of installed-by-default software for elementary students")20:19
vorlonand are you going to provide this as installer media with install options for different metapackages, etc20:20
Eickmeyervorlon: I'd throw secondary in there as well, and tertiary (college level) is also a seed that produces a meta.20:20
vorlonok - that's for you as a team to determine :)20:21
Eickmeyervorlon: That's the goal, possibly using the new installer as the framework. If not, then it would do like Ubuntu Studio and install everything, with a remover that removes what the machine doesn't need.20:21
vorlonbut I would like to see that some active curation is being done, rather than it being whatever was current 5 years ago20:21
Eickmeyervorlon: Yes, Amy and I have been sitting down and trying to go over some of what existed 5 years ago to determine what is relevant today.20:22
EickmeyerShe has a degree in this field.20:22
* vorlon nods20:22
sil2100Just a touch re: the topic that I missed: Ubuntu Cinnamon. I asked internally around the release team but I actually didn't get any reply from anyone besides Utkarsh20:22
EickmeyerWe might also enlist the help of Aaron Prisk as he has asked if there's anything he can do to help.20:22
sil2100(who is not formally release team)20:22
vorlondo you want me to scribble some of this down on the list?20:23
vorlonsil2100: oh, I don't think I saw you ask :)20:23
utkarsh21021sil2100: yes, so should I still comment?20:23
sil2100vorlon: I poked internally on the 30th of November20:24
sil2100ginggs commented, but he didn't see the e-mail actually20:24
sil2100Ah, hm, and I think Joshua in the end didn't send it to a non-TB ML20:24
vorlonthe TB ML is open to the public20:25
rbasakCould we stick with Eickmeyer's topic for now please, as he's here, and then circle back to the other one when done?20:25
rbasakOn Edubuntu, are we clear on what the next steps are yet?20:25
rbasakI'll take that as a no? :)20:26
vorlonEickmeyer: do you need us as TB to sort out any permissions/memberships to unblock you wrt moving forward with work on the seeds?20:26
Eickmeyervorlon: We currently need Edubuntu Council to own ~edubuntu-dev on Launchpad to unblock us.20:27
vorlon"Edubuntu Council" - defined?20:27
vorlonhttps://launchpad.net/~edubuntu-council ?20:27
vorlonper your email yes20:28
EickmeyerYes. Amy and I are now Admins on Edubuntu Council, so that will allow us to own ~edubuntu-dev which unlocks the old repo.20:28
EickmeyerAlso we need ownership of the seed if possible.20:28
rbasakIt looks like you indirectly own it already?20:28
Eickmeyerrbasak: edubuntu-dev-owner is owned by the TB.20:29
EickmeyerEr, the DMB, for whatever reason.20:29
rbasak~edubuntu-dev is owned by edubuntu-dev-owner20:29
vorlonI'm not clear if standard practice is to have other bodies own these teams as opposed to being administrators of them20:29
rbasakAnd ~edubuntu-council is a member of ~edubuntu-dev-owner20:29
EickmeyerYeah, this changed recently then.20:30
rbasakAs well as an admin20:30
vorlonbut in any event, yes, https://launchpad.net/~edubuntu-dev-owner/+members shows edubuntu-council is a member of edubuntu-dev-owner, since 201120:30
EickmeyerOk, then this looks like a recent change as this was owned by the TB last I checked.20:30
vorlonsince 201120:30
EickmeyerInteresting. Ok, then all that's left is the seed.20:30
vorlonthe owner of edubuntu-dev-owner is not relevant, the membership is20:30
rbasak~edubuntu-dev-owner is *owned* by the DMB20:31
vorlonas for the seed, once you populate the membership of ~edubuntu-dev, you can push the git branch yourselves20:31
rbasakBut it has ~edubuntu-council as a member and administrator, so that should be enough for permissions20:31
EickmeyerExcellent. Then I should be able to push to the seed?20:32
vorlonyou can push to a new git branch under ~edubuntu-dev namespace20:32
rbasakYeah did you just add yourself?20:32
EickmeyerI just added myself.20:32
rbasakI think that should be sufficient20:32
vorlonand once that branch exists, tell the release team the URL so we can add it to scripts20:33
EickmeyerWill do. Thanks everyone!20:33
EickmeyerAnything else you need from me?20:33
rbasakWhat does "add it to scripts" mean please?20:34
rbasakWhat effect would that have?20:34
sil2100I'd like clarity on that too20:34
vorlonrbasak: there's one script, actually owned by ubuntu-archive rather than ubuntu-release, that identifies seeds that get mirrored into the archive to populate Task fields20:34
rbasakvorlon: is that the same as having official flavour status?20:35
vorlonrbasak: and there's another script that mirrors the seeds to people.u.c/~ubuntu-archive ... actually also owned by ubuntu-archive... and runs germinate20:35
vorlonrbasak: not really20:35
sil2100hm, has edubuntu been discussed with the release team? Since I think we should first do that before we proceed?20:35
rbasakLike are you considering the flavour to still exist and just being resurrected - will this mean that Edubuntu will now participate?20:35
vorlonrunning germinate centrally is a convenience service for developers and doesn't say anything about what's official20:36
rbasakTo be clear I'm not objecting - just trying to understand how this fits in with everything20:36
vorlonthis is just mechanics, not policy :)20:36
rbasakGot it, thanks. Eickmeyer, are you happy with that for now? Is there anything further you require or are expecting?20:37
sil2100I guess I wouldn't mind that then, as long as the actual flavor existence is still something we want to discuss before proceeding o/20:37
Eickmeyerrbasak: No, that's all I was expecting for now. Was not seeking complete resurrection just yet, that would be an email for a later time once the necessary packages are back in the repo.20:37
rbasakLike for example does Eickmeyer need a liason person from the release team nominated?20:37
EickmeyerThough, ^ That would be nice to navigate this.20:38
vorlonis that a thing we do?20:38
rbasakThat was my proposal when clearing up the "new flavour process". I thought we had general agreement on that.20:38
sil2100I think this will happen after the release team discusses the participation first20:38
rbasakBut I haven't finished updating the draft and announcing the changes yet.20:39
vorlonright, I didn't recall this detail20:39
sil2100I'd say we first need to say "yes/no/maybe" and then assign somenone20:39
EickmeyerHappy to be the guinea pig for that.20:39
rbasakI'd like to be clear on where we stand wrt. to that.20:39
rbasakEither we're "not yet, need <X>" (eg. a clearer definition/description that vorlon asked above), or "no because <Y>" (seems unlikely), or "yes and your liason person is <Z>".20:40
rbasakWhich of those are we at right now?20:40
sil2100I'd say first option20:40
rbasakOK, so an action for Erich and Amy then to complete that, and get back to us?20:41
rbasakvorlon, could you perhaps reply to the ML thread to explain exactly what you want wrt. that?20:41
sil2100Yes, I think this definition clarification would also be useful for the release team to make a decision20:41
rbasak#action vorlon to reply to the Edubuntu ML thread with a description of what we need from Erich before we can proceed.20:42
meetingologyACTION: vorlon to reply to the Edubuntu ML thread with a description of what we need from Erich before we can proceed.20:42
rbasakThanks I think that's clear now. Eickmeyer: are you good with that?20:42
EickmeyerYes, that seems perfectly reasonable. I'll go ahead and explain in the ML thread what I explained here so that there's a paper trail for the release team to follow, if I understand the purpose.20:43
rbasakThat sound great. Thank you all for your patience. I just wanted to make sure everyone was completely clear and agreed on what was expected next.20:43
rbasakLet's go back to Cinammon then.20:44
rbasak#subtopic Ubuntu Cinnamon for Official Flavor Status20:44
rbasakFrom the earlier discussion it sounds like the release team need to figure out an answer between themselves.20:44
sil2100Yeah, hm, could you add an action item for me for this? Since I asked once but didn't follow up on that20:45
rbasakWhich is fine, especially it being the vacation period now, I think it's OK for it to take us through to January.20:45
rbasakYes please.20:45
sil2100I guess I need to poke people again20:45
sil2100Apologies, dropped the ball on that one20:45
rbasak#action sil2100 to follow up with the release team to establish consensus on Joshua's official flavour status for Cinammon.20:45
meetingologyACTION: sil2100 to follow up with the release team to establish consensus on Joshua's official flavour status for Cinammon.20:45
rbasakAnyway, yeah, thanks. I'd like to hear from the release team on their opinion - I don't really have one yet, apart from being keen to see this get through.20:46
rbasakAny further discussion on Cinnammon?20:46
rbasakAnything else on the ML that we need to discuss?20:47
rbasak#topic Check up on community bugs (standing item)20:47
rbasak#info No open bugs20:47
rbasak#topic Select a chair for the next meeting (next from https://launchpad.net/~techboard/+members)20:48
rbasakThe next meeting would be on 27/12. I propose that we skip it due to the vacation. Any objection?20:48
vorlonno objection20:48
rbasakThat means that I can't really select a chair since the following meeting would be with the new board.20:48
cyphermoxnope. I will not be near a computer that day20:48
rbasak#agreed We will skip the meeting on 27/12.20:49
meetingologyAGREED: We will skip the meeting on 27/12.20:49
rbasak#info The next chair will depend on the new board.20:49
rbasak#topic AOB20:49
meetingologyMeeting ended at 20:50:00 UTC.  Minutes at https://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2022/ubuntu-meeting.2022-12-13-20.04.moin.txt20:50
rbasakThanks all!20:50
sil2100Thanks o/20:50

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!