=== diddledani is now known as Guest9829
diddledani_We're just getting ready now. The board members are filing in :-)12:01
diddledani_I see aaron-whitehouse is already here, so hopefully we can get started shortly <312:01
aaron-whitehouseYes, hi diddledani_12:02
=== diddledani_ is now known as diddledani
fenrishi o/12:05
diddledaniwe're just waiting on one more12:08
Kilos-Hi all12:09
diddledaniok, shall we get started?12:09
diddledanimiss* :-p12:10
Kilos-Hi Aaron12:10
diddledaniok, who left a meeting running?12:11
diddledaniI can't end the pre-existing meeting12:11
meetingologyMeeting ended at 12:11:33 UTC.  Minutes at https://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2023/ubuntu-meeting.2023-01-17-15.30.moin.txt12:11
maprerididdledani: go ahead :)12:11
diddledani#startmeeting Ubuntu Membership Board12:11
meetingologyMeeting started at 12:11:55 UTC.  The chair is diddledani.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology12:11
meetingologyAvailable commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick12:11
diddledaniHello and welcome to the Ubuntu Membership Review Board meeting for 18th January 2023. The wiki page for the Review Boards is available here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/Boards12:12
diddledaniWe will attempt to get through all the applicants that have added themselves to that list, or posted a thread to the Ubuntu Discourse, before today's meeting. If we are unable to make it through the complete list due to time constraints, then at the next meeting we will pick up where we left off.12:12
diddledaniThe format for the meeting is as follows: We will go through the list of applicants one by one, by date of application (FIFO).12:12
diddledaniEach applicant should introduce themselves (1-5 sentences) and provide links to their Ubuntu Wiki page or Ubuntu Discourse thread. After the introduction, the members of the Membership Review Board will review the pages and, if needed, ask the applicant further questions.12:12
diddledaniDuring this time, it is encouraged for other members of the community to show their support for the applicant. Do not be alarmed if the members of the Membership Review Board are quiet during this time; they are reading wiki/launchpad/forum/other pages and deciding how they are going to vote.12:12
diddledaniWhen the board is ready to vote, they will publicly vote in the channel with either +1, 0, or -1 (for membership, abstain, and against membership, respectively). If most of the voting board members vote +1, then the applicant is now an official Ubuntu member! (Feel free congratulate them!)12:12
diddledaniNow, with any further ado, let's get started with the first applicant...12:12
diddledani#topic Aaron Whitehouse12:12
aaron-whitehouseWould you like me to introduce myself?12:12
Kilos-yes please12:12
diddledaniHi @aaron-whitehouse , could you please introduce yourself to the board, share your pre-written script (if you prepared one), and share your wiki and launchpad links12:12
Kilos-lol sorry diddledani12:13
diddledaniit's all good12:13
aaron-whitehouseI have been an Ubuntu fan and contributor since 2005 and signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct back in 2006. My initial contributions (between 2005 and 2010, particularly) were focused on testing Ubuntu and reporting bugs. My recent contributions have been focused on making Ubuntu as good as it can be on the Public Clouds and producing guidance for12:13
aaron-whitehouseUbuntu users.12:13
aaron-whitehouseMy discourse post was here: https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/aaron-whitehouse-membership-application/3308412:13
aaron-whitehouseAnd my wiki page is https://wiki.ubuntu.com/aaron-whitehouse12:13
aaron-whitehouseI would be happy to expand on any points or answer any questions.12:14
diddledaniThank you, I will let the board have a browse through your links and ask any questions they have12:15
fenrisbased on @aaron wiki and testimonial , i cant ask more :)12:16
diddledaninow this is a really solid application :-) I love to see lots of influential people endorsing you12:17
mapreriyes, the endorsements are very nice, thank you for collecting them!12:18
aaron-whitehouseThank you. I have been fortunate to be able to interact with a lot of great Ubuntu people.12:18
Kilos-much better12:18
mapreriI don't have any question myself, I consider this a decently strong application. :)12:18
* fenris too 12:19
mapreriAnd I agree with some of your advocates, that even applying before your canonical employment would have been very much fine!12:19
aaron-whitehouseThanks mapreri12:20
diddledaniok, if there's no questions, then I'll open the floor for votes (wait for me to say go)12:20
diddledani#vote Aaron Whitehouse's application for membership12:21
meetingologyPlease vote on: Aaron Whitehouse's application for membership12:21
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, -1 or +0 in channel (for private voting, private message me with 'vote +1|-1|+0 #channelname')12:21
diddledani#voters diddledani mapreri fenris kilos-12:21
meetingologyCurrent voters: diddledani, fenris, kilos-, mapreri12:21
mapreri+1 !12:21
meetingology+1 ! received from mapreri12:21
meetingology+1 received from fenris12:21
Kilos-+1 Good work, keep it up please12:21
diddledani+1 Solid application, lots of testimonials and a long history of contributing from before becoming a Canonical employee12:21
meetingology+1 Solid application, lots of testimonials and a long history of contributing from before becoming a Canonical employee received from diddledani12:21
maprerimeetingology didn't like kilo's ?12:21
nicoz[m]congratulation aaron-whitehouse12:22
maprerididdledani: you mispelled kilos nickname12:22
mapreriit's case-sensitive :)12:22
diddledani#voters Kilos->12:22
meetingologyWarning: 'Kilos->' not in channel12:22
meetingologyCurrent voters: Kilos->, diddledani, fenris, kilos-, mapreri12:22
diddledani#voters Kilos-12:22
meetingologyCurrent voters: Kilos-, Kilos->, diddledani, fenris, kilos-, mapreri12:22
diddledanitry again12:22
diddledanisilly bot12:22
nicoz[m]nickname is different12:22
=== Kilos- is now known as Kilos
diddledanihah. you removed the -12:23
diddledani#voters Kilos12:23
meetingologyCurrent voters: Kilos, Kilos-, Kilos->, diddledani, fenris, kilos-, mapreri12:23
diddledaniand again12:23
meetingology+1 received from Kilos12:23
diddledani#votesrequired 212:23
meetingologyVotes now need 2 to be passed12:23
nicoz[m]welcome on board12:23
meetingologyVoting ended on: Aaron Whitehouse's application for membership12:23
meetingologyVotes for: 4, Votes against: 0, Abstentions: 012:23
meetingologyMotion carried12:23
aaron-whitehouseMany thanks all!12:24
mapreriWelcome to the club!12:24
mapreriit's a club, right?12:24
fenriscongratulation aaron-whitehouse and welcome on board !12:24
Kiloscongrats aaron-whitehouse  keep it up12:24
aaron-whitehouseWill do, thanks12:25
diddledaniCongratulations aaron-whitehouse , I'll get you added to the group shortly. Don't forget to check the perks at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership. Your @ubuntu.com email will go live within 48-72 hours. Do not set your @ubuntu.com email as your LP primary email as that will cause a loop12:25
aaron-whitehouseUnderstood, thanks diddledani12:25
diddledaniAnd remember to apply for your certificate at https://forms.canonical.com/certificate/ once you're added to the ubuntumembers launchpad group12:26
diddledaniI think that's everything I need to impart, knowledgewise...12:26
KilosThanks diddledani12:26
diddledaniThank you everyone for attending. With that I'll end the meeting, as we don't have any further applicants.12:26
meetingologyMeeting ended at 12:26:57 UTC.  Minutes at https://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2023/ubuntu-meeting.2023-01-18-12.11.moin.txt12:26
maprerithank you diddledani for chairing and doing the paperwork :)12:27
diddledaniyou're very welcome12:27
fenristhanks diddledani !12:27
aaron-whitehouseIndeed. And thanks all for your time. Hopefully I will talk to many of you again soon.12:27
fenrisu r most welcome12:32
diddledani@aaron-whitehouse could you DM me your email address for CC: in the announcement email, please?12:33
=== diddledani is now known as diddledani_
=== diddledani_ is now known as diddledani
mapreriddstreet, teward: o/15:56
teward4min to meet time gonna make coffee15:56
ddstreetteward back with that tasty coffee? :)16:00
tewardbut you can start16:01
tewardsince i have my phone to track the meeting16:01
ddstreet#startmeeting Ubuntu Backports Team16:01
meetingologyMeeting started at 16:01:50 UTC.  The chair is ddstreet.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology16:01
meetingologyAvailable commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick16:01
ddstreetso, before we start (or instead of) the regular process, I'd like to suggest we devote today's meeting to discussing and voting on the Policies wiki page16:02
ddstreetis that ok or do either of you want to go thru the normal agenda first?16:03
mapreriack, but one quick thing from me first:16:03
mapreriI've merged this a couple days ago: https://git.launchpad.net/ubuntu-dev-tools/commit/?id=0f3d2fed2a4ed67b90b5d49aab25ca2bda5d9d37 - so now u-d-t should be "compliant" to our new policies.  if you spot anything else wrong please send patches/bugs.16:03
-ubottu:#ubuntu-meeting- Commit 0f3d2fe in ubuntu-dev-tools "requestbackport: Adapt to new backports policy (LP: #1959115)"16:04
mapreriThanks to Krytarik Raido and Unit 193.16:04
maprerifrom me, anything else is as stated in the previous meeting, no updates, so I'm good with jumping over to charter, etc.16:05
ddstreetthanks, i saw the MR email, glad you reviewed and merged it :)16:06
maprerithere was a mail about it?16:06
mapreriwell, nvm…16:06
ddstreetno, i meant i got an email from LP saying there was a MR open16:06
ddstreetautomated email16:06
mapreribut it was not sent through a formal MR16:06
mapreriprobably a commit notification?16:06
ddstreetyeah probably so, my mistake :)16:07
ddstreetbut in any case, thanks :)16:07
ddstreetok let's discuss the policies16:08
ddstreet#topic Discuss Policies proposal16:08
ddstreetfor reference:16:08
ddstreet#link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBackports/Policies16:08
ddstreetas you both know, there's been mailing list and in-meeting discussion on this for a while16:09
maprerishould we go with policies first or charter, also because seb128 mailed the TB earlier today about the latter.16:09
mapreribut I reckon you have a plan in mind, so just go ahead and ignore me :)16:09
ddstreetmy understanding from the discussion last meeting was that we'd vote on our own rules (i.e. policies wiki page) and the charter would be driven by the TB16:09
ddstreetthat's what i thought we agreed before - that our rules/policies should be 'detached' from our charter16:10
ddstreetplease correct me if either of you was thinking differently16:10
ddstreetwhat i was hoping for today is to have discussion, if required, for the current wiki page, and hopefully hold an actual vote on approving those policies for the team16:11
mapreriby "driven by the TB" you think we should just let them draft and do everything themselves?  Because i understood that yes, our previous one was pretty much no good, but they would still appreciate a draft from us?16:12
ddstreetwell, i don't know to what extent they want to drive it, vs, us driving drafts, but my understanding is at minimum they want to be involved in the drafting process16:13
mapreriok, then we can vote on the policy and make that one formal at least.16:13
maprerilet's think about a charter later.16:13
ddstreetso my hope is to finish reviewing and approving our own team policies; the charter will be a longer-term collaboration with the TB, I think16:14
ddstreetok so are there any comments or concerns around the team policies that we should discuss before voting?16:14
maprerione question that came to my mind recently: the policies currently don't have a single mention of our "quality standards", workflows, etc.  basically it's just about team management.  I don't know how come I never realized, but is that intentional?16:15
ddstreetnot intentional; i think it's because it 'evolved' from what i wanted to be our charter, which i took to focus mostly on team structure and operation16:18
ddstreetsaid another way, a lot of what's in our policies today is what i personally think should be in a 'charter'16:18
mapreriwhich is great by itself.16:18
ddstreeti do agree we should have details on our process and quality, etc, however a lot of that is inherited e.g. the UbuntuBackports wiki page16:19
mapreriso, should policies be only about the team, and leave the rest to the main page, more informally?  and/or perhaps move those things to a more formal page later on?16:19
ddstreetthe policies page does link to our wiki page as the 'team wiki page' for documentation16:20
ddstreetso yeah, maybe we should keep the 'policies' page with details about team processes and rules, but actual docs about the backport process and rules elsewhere (but linked from the policies page)16:21
maprerithe link to "documentation" is very generic, but I consider it fine as it is.16:21
mapreriteward: do you have any input whatsoever about this document?16:23
ddstreetteward or, are you ready to vote on approving it?16:25
ddstreetor mapreri do you have any other discussion points for it?16:26
maprerino, that was my only one16:26
tewardplaying catchup after a call from law enforcement partners the pastt 5 minutes16:26
tewardno input at the moment all has been good so far16:28
ddstreetok let's take a vote16:28
ddstreet#vote Approve UbuntuBackports Policies16:29
meetingologyPlease vote on: Approve UbuntuBackports Policies16:29
meetingologyPublic votes can be registered by saying +1, -1 or +0 in channel (for private voting, private message me with 'vote +1|-1|+0 #channelname')16:29
meetingology+1 received from teward16:29
ddstreetand for recordkeeping, this is for this version (the latest, currently) of the wiki page:16:29
ddstreet#link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBackports/Policies?action=recall&rev=1616:29
meetingology+1 received from ddstreet16:29
meetingology+1 received from mapreri16:29
meetingologyVoting ended on: Approve UbuntuBackports Policies16:29
meetingologyVotes for: 3, Votes against: 0, Abstentions: 016:29
meetingologyMotion carried16:30
ddstreetgreat! :)16:30
ddstreetthat felt like a long process :-)16:30
ddstreeti'll update the wiki page to remove the 'draft' header16:30
ddstreet#action ddstreet update policies wiki page to remove 'draft' header16:30
meetingologyACTION: ddstreet update policies wiki page to remove 'draft' header16:30
mapreriand link in the main page somewhere16:31
ddstreetmain page being https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBackports ?16:31
ddstreetthat's linked already in the 'definitions' section16:32
ddstreetor you mean link to policies from that page?16:32
maprerithe latter, yes16:32
ddstreet#action ddstreet add link to policies wiki page, to main wiki page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBackports16:33
meetingologyACTION: ddstreet add link to policies wiki page, to main wiki page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBackports16:33
ddstreetone related issue, i basically inherited the 'chair' position from the team 'reboot' last year; but i'm happy to have an actual vote for chair if either of you want to16:34
maprerihappy to leave as it is :)16:34
ddstreetsounds good to me :)16:35
ddstreetso we still have some time left, but i don't think there are many updates to our agenda items, shall we end the meeting now or do either of you want me to run thru the agenda items?16:36
mapreriaside from the point I mentioned at the start, I don't have any other update, so I'm good16:37
maprerihowever, we may want to figure out quickly at least if we want to answer to seb?16:37
ddstreet#topic TB email for charter clarification16:39
ddstreetsure someone should reply for clarification16:39
ddstreetany thoughts on what the next steps for charter should be?16:40
ddstreetshould we drive the next steps or should we ask the TB to drive? Or ask the TB to at least provide some guidelines/template/etc for a draft we create?16:40
ddstreetI feel like we need some kind of direction from the TB before we draft anything new16:41
maprerior at this point pick Robie's example and go from there…?16:41
ddstreeti guess? so that would basically be asking Robie to draft a charter based on hs example that we could discuss?16:42
ddstreetno matter the content, I think a key point of this will be who actually drives the charter16:44
ddstreetand I don't personally want to do that16:44
maprerilet me try something tomorrow about this, I'll draft an answer email and ask you to briefly review it (so that I don't write something that it's not "consensus")16:45
ddstreetworks for me, thanks!16:45
ddstreetyou want action item for that?16:45
ddstreet#action mapreri draft response email re: charter to TB16:46
meetingologyACTION: mapreri draft response email re: charter to TB16:46
ddstreetok let's move to AOB before wrap?16:46
ddstreet#topic AOB16:46
maprerinone from me16:46
ddstreetany final topics?16:46
ddstreetok last thing then is our next meeting, should we schedule for 4 weeks?16:47
ddstreeti think that makes it Feb 1516:47
ddstreetany objections?16:47
maprerinope, I'm good16:47
ddstreet#action ddstreet schedule next mtg 2023-02-15 same time16:48
meetingologyACTION: ddstreet schedule next mtg 2023-02-15 same time16:48
ddstreetok i think we're wrapped then! great meeting! :)16:48
meetingologyMeeting ended at 16:48:16 UTC.  Minutes at https://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2023/ubuntu-meeting.2023-01-18-16.01.moin.txt16:48
ddstreetthanks mapreri teward !16:48

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!