=== rpereirab [n=rpereira@ubuntu/member/rpereira] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-6-166.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pochuone question: does every version of Ubuntu uses utf-8 for the filenames?12:18
=== anibal [n=anibal@debian/developer/anibal] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mpt_ [n=mpt@121-72-131-199.dsl.telstraclear.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sladenbah, missed seb12:37
cbx33ogra, ok....12:37
cbx33found a way we can use pycrypto12:37
cbx33crippled_des is stupid...12:37
cbx33probably why it's crippled12:37
cbx33there is some swapping of bits going on12:38
cbx33meaning that the two only give the same results if the bits in the keys and passwords are symmetrical12:39
=== null_ [n=null@g624-9034.itee.uq.edu.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ogracbx33, have a look at the mode switch of DES.new() as well ...12:44
ograi.e. des=DES.new('01234567', 4) is pgp mode, DES.__dict__ shows a list ...12:46
cbx33ogra, no12:53
cbx33that doesn't help?12:53
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cbx33tried all modes12:53
=== givr1 [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-37-152.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mdz [n=mdz@george.kkhotels.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cbx33ogra, please read01:00
cbx33this is the reason that that des is crippled ;)01:00
=== licio [n=licio@ubuntu/member/licio] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdub [n=jdub@home.waugh.id.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograah, so you just need to flip the bytes :)01:04
cbx33but internally01:04
cbx33so recompiling python-crypto01:05
cbx33i dunno01:08
cbx33stupid VNC01:08
=== zul [n=bob@ubuntu/member/zul] has joined #ubuntu-devel
elmohey since you guys are all about VNC01:26
elmois there any sort of VNC recorder?01:26
elmoinstead of viewing dumps the output to a file for later playback?01:26
elmoswf == flash?01:26
jdubyeah, though it's pretty much the best of a bad bunch01:27
jdubthere's one called vncrec which uses its own special format01:27
jdubhmm, which can now be transcoded, interesting01:27
jdubyour other option is an X-based recorder, kicked off *via* vnc... that might work01:28
jdubdepending on the reqs01:28
=== givr1 [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-37-152.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #ubuntu-devel []
elmojdub: I'm trying to capture something scrolling off screen on a KVM-over-VNC, I suspect my best bet is VNC recorders01:28
elmothanks, I'll try vncrec and vnc2swf if I get desparate01:28
kylemelmo, it's probably ok. i should be able to debug with this.01:29
elmokylem: it's got other use cases tho :)01:29
kylemone this git checkout finishes. sigh.01:30
mjg59elmo: uk.archive supposed to be down?01:30
kylem4200rpm is not good for git.01:30
elmomjg59: nope01:30
mjg59elmo: Hm. Can't get at it from here.01:30
elmomjg59: it is down tho01:30
elmoit's just not supposed to be, ho hum01:30
mjg59Ah, ok01:30
elmomjg59: archive.u.c is still in the uk in the meantie, FWIW ;-) - I'll contact the people hosting gb/uk01:31
mjg59elmo: Yeah, hitting it up now01:32
cbx33if you're talking about pyvnc2swf then01:34
cbx33hehe that's the one that's using the crippled_des that is breaking the GPL and giving me a headache ;)01:34
=== shackan [n=shackan@host154-152-dynamic.59-82-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-devel
enricosiretart: python-debian uploaded to unstable!01:51
=== johanbr [n=j@blk-137-114-65.eastlink.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== freeflying [i=flyingfr@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hoora_214 [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-3be7fe4c7b1955f9] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jono [n=jono@ubuntu/member/jono] has joined #ubuntu-devel
elmomjg59: (it's back - thanks for letting us know)02:08
mjg59elmo: No problem02:08
=== Arrogance [n=aks@ottawa-hs-209-217-79-61.d-ip.magma.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zul [n=bob@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mpt [n=mpt@121-72-135-177.dsl.telstraclear.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
elmozul: ping02:34
=== pochu [n=pochu@179.Red-88-7-169.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mpt_ [n=mpt@121-72-135-136.dsl.telstraclear.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@c-71-224-172-103.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
zulelmo: pong02:50
=== hoora_214 [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-0ed0e331ed76a3c1] has joined #ubuntu-devel
zulelmo: whats up?02:50
elmozul: got any xen 3.0.4 packages around yet?02:51
zulplaying with it but not really..had too many problems with it02:51
=== Fujitsu [n=Fujitsu@ubuntu/member/fujitsu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
elmozul: like what?02:57
elmodoes anyone know where fedora keep their feisty equiv?02:59
kylemelmo, they call it rawhide. most of their stuff is in cvs.03:00
zulelmo: like domU not starting03:00
elmokylem: cool, thanks03:01
elmozul: ok03:01
=== mpt [n=mpt@121-72-135-136.dsl.telstraclear.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== distro-tester [n=KVIrc@213-140-16-177.fastres.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cr3 [n=marc@pdpc/supporter/bronze/cr3] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TheMuso [n=luke@ubuntu/member/themuso] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== auxesis [n=lindsay@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mayday_jay [n=mayday_j@maydayjay.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mayday_jay [n=mayday_j@maydayjay.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongogra: ping; were you the one trying to bring fuse to 2.6.0?04:11
jdongunping; I think it was givre04:12
=== vinboy [n=vinboy@125-238-83-102.broadband-telecom.global-gateway.net.nz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gman_ [i=gman@nat/sun/x-f9b5c0bf75c2fcdb] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongfabbione: ping regarding fuse 2.6.004:24
=== Gman_ is now known as Gman
=== Fujitsu [n=Fujitsu@ubuntu/member/fujitsu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hunger_t [n=tobias@p54A71BA5.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gman is now known as GmanAFK
=== asac_ is now known as asac
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nags [n=nags@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Fujitsu [n=Fujitsu@ubuntu/member/fujitsu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Huahua [n=hua@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Simira [n=simira@tellus.err.no] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stu1 [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirogra: it doesn't seem urgent to me?07:28
=== pitti [n=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittigood morning07:33
Hobbseehey pitti 07:35
HobbseeMithrandir: ping @ kdenetwork.07:36
MithrandirHobbsee: hiya07:36
Hobbseehey Mithrandir :)07:36
HobbseeMithrandir: can you accept yesterday's kdenetwork please?  (0ubuntu4)07:36
HobbseeRiddell: was happy with it07:38
MithrandirHobbsee: you have forgotten to mention the addition of the sms plugin, it seems07:41
Mithrandiranyway, accepted07:42
HobbseeMithrandir: cool, thanks.  07:42
pittiMithrandir: I have two easy, but important apport bug fixes: http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/3558/07:54
pittiMithrandir: it would be nice to get them in to get more testing for package install/upgrade failures07:54
pittiMithrandir: ok for you for herd-3?07:55
Mithrandirpitti: looking.07:55
Mithrandirpitti: approved, please get in in ASAP07:56
pittiMithrandir: thanks; uploaded07:57
=== shenki [n=shenki@ppp224-178.lns2.adl4.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== marilize [n=marilize@dumbledore.hbd.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== vinboy [n=vinboy@125-236-159-83.broadband-telecom.global-gateway.net.nz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== silwol [n=silwol@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jonibo [n=jonas@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kylem [i=kyle@fruit.freedesktop.org] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== evand_ [n=evand@acmns.pct.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== firephoto_ [n=tom@pool-71-115-214-25.spknwa.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== vinboy_ [n=vinboy@125-236-159-83.broadband-telecom.global-gateway.net.nz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
siretartenrico: THANKS! :) - and I already merged it and uploaded to feisty :)08:31
=== Lure [n=lure@external-7.hermes.si] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jk [n=jochem@jkossen.nl] has joined #Ubuntu-devel
=== shenki [n=shenki@ppp149-126.lns2.adl2.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== _human_blip_away [n=mike@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== phish [n=nevion@cpe-76-170-180-87.socal.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== JanC [n=janc@lugwv/member/JanC] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== wasabi_ [n=wasabi@ubuntu/member/wasabi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zenrox [i=zenrox@pool-71-115-200-45.spknwa.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== quail [n=quail@unaffiliated/quaillinux/x-000001] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sharms [n=sharms@ubuntu/member/sharms] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== elkbuntu [n=melissa@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti [n=pitti@dialin-212-144-019-235.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Lure_ [n=lure@BSN-77-135-17.dsl.siol.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hunger [n=tobias@pd95b0676.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== auxesis [n=lindsay@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Seveas [n=seveas@ubuntu/member/seveas] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== luka74 [n=lure@external-7.hermes.si] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mvo [n=egon@p54A667A6.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittimvo: I fixed your apport bugs, but I'd like confirmation from you for bug 8226709:12
UbugtuMalone bug 82267 in apport "apport-gtk keeps crashing" [Undecided,Fix released]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8226709:12
=== mruiz [n=mruiz@ubuntu/member/mruiz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cjwatson [n=cjwatson@82-69-40-219.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pitticjwatson: good morning Colin09:12
mvopitti: good morning09:14
Mezquick question... if something needs a depend on the source version it should be09:14
mvopitti: what kind of confirmation?09:14
pittimvo: that your python-apport package is indeed outdated09:14
MezDepends: package (= ${Source-Version})09:14
MezDepends: package (= ${source:Version})09:14
Mezright ?09:14
pittiMez: IIRC it's ${Source:Version}09:14
Mezhmm - dh_make uses ${Source-Version}09:15
Mezbut this package I'm looking at uses ${source:Version}09:15
pittiMez: yup, you are right, sorry09:15
Mezbut that errors out with09:15
Mezdpkg-deb: parse error, in file `debian/nagios2/DEBIAN/control' near line 6 package `nagios2':09:15
Mez `Depends' field, reference to `nagios2-common': error in version: version string is empty09:15
MezI'm wondering how it ever built09:15
Mez(it's synced from debian)09:16
Mezunless debians systems aren't correct ?09:18
=== Nuscly [n=nuscly@29-231.206-83.static-ip.oleane.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mezaha ...09:19
Mezok... I get it now .. :D09:19
=== ssam [n=ssam@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mezhave the standards changed ?09:22
=== herzi [n=herzi@p548FDB6E.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiseb128: good news!09:28
seb128pitti: oh?09:28
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiseb128: I played a while with fakechroot yesterday and started working on an apport-retrace version which can build a sandbox for retracing with just user privileges09:29
pittiseb128: IOW: this would enable us to set up an automatic retracing service on porter's boxes09:29
seb128that is good news indeed ;)09:29
Mezhmmles, pitti, some advice.09:31
=== GmanAFK is now known as Gman
MezIs it worth making an ubuntu-specific change just for a backport (changing ${source:Version} to ${source-Version}09:31
pittiMez: if the package doesn't build, then it's definitively worth making the change09:32
pittiMez: but it should be filed as an important debian bug as well09:32
Mezpitti: it builds against newer dpkg-dev though09:32
seb128what package is that?09:33
Mezhaving a small debate over it on OFTC #debian-devel09:33
Mezseb128, nagios209:33
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@backup.grad.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mezok, apparently the ${Source:Version} is specifically for binNMUs.09:39
Mezbut wont work with dappers dpkg-dev...09:39
seb128they didn't change the sementic just for changing it09:39
Mezso is it worth making the ubuntu specific change?09:39
Mez1) theres a request for backporting09:40
seb128the new Source:Version doesn't contain the revision09:40
Mez2) we dont do binNMUs in ubuntu09:40
seb128well, I thought you guys could do changes for backport no?09:40
seb128there is no real reason to create extra diff with Debian only for backport09:40
Mezseb128, I've no clue ;)09:40
Mezapparently so, but I dont know if it's been done09:41
Mezcjwatson, elmo, mdz, care to confirm or deny if we can now ?09:41
=== freeflying [i=flyingfr@gobstopper.dreamhost.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mez(or anyone else who knows - anyone from ubuntu-archive I guess)09:42
=== vinboy__ [n=vinboy@125-238-83-211.broadband-telecom.global-gateway.net.nz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandircan, yes, but no, we don't do it as a matter of policy.09:43
MezMithrandir, I believe it was agreed at some point that we were allowed as long as a main dev sponsored us in the changes. The last I knew, it was just impossible to actually put the changes in physiclaly09:44
=== davmor2 [n=davmor2@62-30-74-119.cable.ubr04.wolv.blueyonder.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== incorrect [n=fwest@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== carlos [n=carlos@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F776B3.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachgood morning09:51
=== mvo_ [n=egon@p54A667A6.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti hugs dholbach
=== dholbach hugs pitti back
dholbachhey mvo_09:53
mvo_hey dholbach!09:53
mvo_looks my network is unstable today 09:53
mvo_looks like09:53
Mithrandirmvo_: gdebi-core needs versioned conflicts+replaces on gdebi.09:53
=== mvo_ stares at iwj
mvo_Mithrandir: I will fix that09:54
=== rc-1 [n=rc-1@ip68-229-102-1.hr.hr.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
MezMithrandir, so I'm assuming that you wont let this be backported? (If so I'll just reject it)09:55
=== Eons [n=Eons@host-84-221-198-173.cust-adsl.tiscali.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
MithrandirMez: sorry, I'm in herd release mode, I'd need to make up something up on the fly.09:55
MezMithrandir, slightly confused by that ;) cant tell if it's a yes or no ;)09:57
MithrandirMez: it's neither. :-P09:58
MezMithrandir, thats how i read it ;)09:58
cjwatsonMez: it would be the first time it had been done. Frankly I think it depends how important the backport is; if it's just nice-to-have then I would recommend moving on to something else.09:58
Mezcjwatson, put simply, if it was anything other than "nice-to-have" it'd be an SRU ;)09:59
=== Yagisan [n=Yagisan@doomsday/developer/Yagisan] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jono [n=jono@ubuntu/member/jono] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Chipzzmvo_: ping :)10:00
MezI cant really think of a situation where a backport would be "important" enough in that case without it being an SRU10:00
=== silwol [n=silwol@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvo_Chipzz: pong10:01
Mezcjwatson, so - just move on ? :P10:01
Mithrandirif you needed the same fix for, say, usplash to it to use vesafb on amd64, I'd say it'd be a backport, not a SRU.10:01
mvo_Chipzz: looking at the bug now10:01
MezMithrandir, surely thats the ONLY time it could be used ? :P10:03
MezI'll move on10:04
Mezoh, and scim ;)10:05
=== vinboy_ [n=vinboy@125-238-83-211.broadband-telecom.global-gateway.net.nz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mpt [n=mpt@121-72-133-215.dsl.telstraclear.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bronson [n=bronson@adsl-75-36-145-166.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rpereira [n=rpereira@ubuntu/member/rpereira] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@cm15.omega18.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== carlos__ [n=carlos@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== freeflying [i=flyingfr@gobstopper.dreamhost.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hoora_214 [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-24dbf053ec5bf133] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-37-152.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzMez: yes10:21
Mezmdz: but do you agree with cjwatson about the whole "it depends how important the backport is"10:22
=== Xof [n=mas01cr@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givr1 [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-93-10.w90-2.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tkamppeter [n=till@bl8-113-170.dsl.telepac.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givr1 [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-93-10.w90-2.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #ubuntu-devel []
tkamppetercjwatson, ping10:34
tkamppeterAny tar expert around?10:36
=== twilight [n=twilight@ubuntu/member/twilight] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== carlos [n=carlos@163.pool85-48-166.static.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128tkamppeter: ask your question10:39
seb128if somebody knows the answer he'll probably reply10:39
cjwatsontkamppeter: hello10:41
=== heno [n=henrik@ubuntu/member/heno] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== MikeSmith [n=MikeSmit@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tkamppeterHi, cjwatson and seb128, I have tried to make CUPS extracting the PostScript printer PPDs from a tarball on-the-fly, see bug 39847.10:43
UbugtuMalone bug 39847 in foomatic-db "Getting (more) manufacturer-supplied PostScript PPDs onto the Ubuntu desktop CDs" [Undecided,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/3984710:43
cjwatsontkamppeter: (I didn't mean to imply yesterday that this was urgent)10:44
=== jinty [n=jinty@132.Red-88-15-138.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tkamppeterTo try to make it as fast as possible I have put the index file into the begiinning of the tarball, so that CUPS lists the PPDs quickly.10:45
tkamppeterThe problem is that tar goes on reading after it has already found the requested file and so it takes always the time for reading the full tarball, independent which and how many files I extract.10:46
=== cjwatson investigates
tkamppeterIs there a possibility to make tar stop reading when it has found the requested file?10:46
pittiMithrandir: oh, new kernel is for herd-3?10:46
cjwatsonMithrandir: d-i uploaded, Ubuntu seeds modified (merge needed)10:46
tkamppetercjwatson, so if there is no simple solution for this tar problem I think I will leave the PPDs as they are and simply do "gzip -9" on the PPDs when I make the next foomatic-db package.10:48
tkamppeterseb128, if you have a solution for my tar problem would be great.10:49
seb128tkamppeter: no idea about that one :/10:49
cjwatsontkamppeter: looking at the tar source code, I don't see a way to do that. extract_archive returns void and has no way to communicate meaningfully with the loop over all files in read_and.10:49
cjwatsontkamppeter: the saving would only have been a couple of hundred kilobytes, so there is certainly lower-hanging fruit elsewhere - we saved about 6MB yesterday by recompressing other .debs with bzip210:50
tkamppeterSo as I do not want to modify or re-implement tar, I think we must live with the splitting of linuxprinting.org-ppds and linuxprinting.org-ppds-extra, as we do on current Feisty.10:51
cjwatsonogra: could you update the status of your Edubuntu specs, please? a lot of them are "unknown" at the moment10:52
cjwatsontkamppeter: likewise for your printing specs (see https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/feisty/+specs) to reflect whatever progress is in the Ubuntu archive at the moment10:53
Mithrandircjwatson: thanks.10:53
MithrandirRiddell,ogra: please merge seeds.10:53
ogracjwatson, will do10:53
cjwatsonMithrandir: what was the result of your grub2 discussion with Ian at the sprint?10:53
ograMikeSmith, on my way ...10:53
Mithrandirpitti: yes.  I had hoped we would have it a bit earlier, but we didn't.10:53
Mithrandircjwatson: just that he'll take it over and do what's in the spec.10:53
ograMikeSmith, and no, its not urgent ...10:53
cjwatsonMithrandir: I'll change the assignee, then.10:53
Mithrandircjwatson: thanks.10:54
=== finalbeta [n=finalbet@d5152A68A.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvo_Mithrandir: I uploaded a new gdebi with propper C/R line. and a new g-a-i that updates two codec lines. I hope those are ok for herd-310:57
MikeSmithogra - ?10:58
=== MikeSmith thinks ogra might be auto-completing and catching MikeSmith before Mithrandir ...
ograMikeSmith, heh, yes, sorry 10:59
MikeSmithogra - np11:00
Treenaksmikerandir ;)11:00
Mithrandirmvo_: it's in NEW and has been for a week, I'm not sure I'd want to let it out now.11:00
=== MikeSmith is at this moment installing Ubuntu 6.10 under Parallels on a Mac OSX box
Mithrandirmvo_: I could take a look at the changes and see how big they are.11:01
mvo_Mithrandir: oh, I misunderstood then. keep it in NEW, that should be fine11:01
=== thekorn [n=markus@a89-182-29-253.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== xerxas [n=r67894@AGrenoble-257-1-85-108.w86-219.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tkamppetercjwatson, updated the status of all specs which are approved and assigned to me https://blueprints.launchpad.net/~till-kamppeter11:07
cjwatsontkamppeter: thanks. I think printer-sharing is probably Blocked rather than Needs Infrastructure, although it's a minor point.11:08
cjwatsontkamppeter: printerdrake status is concerning given that another spec is blocked on that11:09
cjwatsonpitti: can you comment11:09
=== mruiz [n=mruiz@ubuntu/member/mruiz] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Bye!"]
cjwatsonajmitch: could you update the status of the network-authentication spec, please?11:09
=== Keybuk [n=scott@quest.netsplit.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tkamppetercjwatson, changed printer-sharing to Blocked11:12
pitticjwatson: I agree, it was just changed11:12
pitticjwatson: and it has proper dependencies11:12
cjwatsonpitti: right, I'm more wondering whether it will make feature freeze11:15
pitticjwatson: 99% not, printerdrake is just not there yet11:15
tkamppeterAs I suggested the replacement of gnome-cups-manager by printerdrake I thought one could simply take in some libs from Mandriva to make it working and then later replace the GUI.11:21
=== siretart preannounces https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BzrBuildpackage, a bzr plugin for maintaining debian packages in bzr. If you have a minute, please have a look at the wiki. feedback welcome
pittisiretart: this is mainly/only useful if you maintain the upstream bits in bzr, too, right?11:22
siretartpitti: no, it supports both merge and nonmerge mode11:22
tkamppeterThen pitti told me once by e-mail that there is no chance to get Mandriva's libraries into Feisty and the user interface HAS to be replaced. Then he asked me for screenshots and docs and I made these available.11:22
siretartpitti: together with the bzr-svn plugin, you can even have the upstream branch maintained in svn and your debian/ dir maintained in bzr, if you prefer11:22
siretartpitti: see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BzrBuildpackage#head-1cb3f99dcc67a9b9b372e7252af55ac673b372ae11:25
cjwatsonmvo_: you don't seem to have ever responded to my review comments on dist-upgrader-arch-any - could you do so?11:26
cjwatsonmvo_: have you talked with Celso/Kiko about that?11:26
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== xerxas_ [n=r67894@AGrenoble-257-1-86-227.w86-219.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@backup.grad.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvo_cjwatson: sorry for that, I will do that today11:30
=== hagi__ [n=hagi@adsl-84-227-150-70.adslplus.ch] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== duese22 [n=Ident@p5484F730.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@backup.grad.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== silwol [n=silwol@] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== WaterSevenUb [n=WaterSev@azevedo.astro.up.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== fatalerror [n=gpastore@debian/developer/gpastore] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tkamppeterpitti, you have rejected moving m2300w into main due to FTBFS, as it builds for me I want to know why it does not build for you.12:08
pittitkamppeter: it doesn't build on the buildds, please see the logs12:08
=== geser [n=michael@ubuntu/member/geser] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tkamppeterpitti, where can I find these logs?12:09
pittitkamppeter: https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/m2300w -> latest source version -> Builds12:09
pittitkamppeter: it seems you need 'gs' as build dependency12:10
=== silwol [n=silwol@dialup-122177.customers.etel.at] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== KaiL [n=KaiL@p548F526B.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti [n=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsontkamppeter: you can always find the build logs from https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/SOURCEPACKAGENAME, click on version, click on link for appropriate architecture12:24
cjwatsontkamppeter: you should be familiar with this sort of thing12:24
TheMusoWhat is the story re espeak promotion to main? Does it need to be seeded before that happens? The main inclusion report on the wiki says its approved.12:25
TheMusodholbach: Once espeak moves into main, I'm happy to look at gnome-speech to get it building with espeak.12:25
cjwatsonTheMuso: packages always need to be seeded, or (build-)depended upon by something that's seeded, in order to be promoted12:26
TheMusocjwatson: Right.12:26
TheMusoI understand you guys are in freeze right now, but just wondering.12:27
dholbachTheMuso: I wrote the main inclusion report and I have the gnome-speech package prepared to build with it (once it's approved)12:27
TheMusoBeen talking to heno .12:27
TheMusodholbach: Bah you are too quick.12:27
henoYeah, it looks on track :)12:27
dholbachTheMuso: excusez-moi :)12:27
=== heno hugs dholbach
=== dholbach hugs heno and TheMuso back :)
RiddellMithrandir: seeds merged by the way, I also uploaded a fixed kdenetwork12:28
dholbachTheMuso: I'll leave the next a11y tarballs for you, I promise :)12:28
TheMusoThis also means that we can drop festival and get some 10s of MB back for the CD>12:28
MithrandirRiddell: the one I accepted this morning or another one?12:28
TheMusodholbach: Its alright.12:28
henoTheMuso: until we add huge espeak voices like Russian and Chinese ;)12:29
TheMusoheno: Are they supposed to be big?12:29
heno(which for some reason are bigger)12:29
TheMusoProbably don't come close to festival however.12:29
henoLot's of exceptions I guess (really don't know)12:29
RiddellMithrandir: another one, 4:3.5.6-0ubuntu4 failed to build12:31
MithrandirRiddell: ok, accepted12:32
cjwatsonMithrandir: I uploaded xorg to fix bug 59618 at long last, but it can be post-herd-3 if you like12:32
UbugtuMalone bug 59618 in xorg ""Safe graphics mode" doesn't use VESA" [High,Fix committed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/5961812:32
Mithrandircjwatson: I was just going to investigate who did it, so thanks.  I guess it can be herd-ed in12:33
=== thekorn [n=markus@a89-182-29-253.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonMithrandir: up to you12:36
Mithrandiralready accepted12:36
Mithrandirlooked safe enough12:36
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mneptok [n=mneptok@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hoora_214 [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-bbe155b98ae5bd19] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pochu [n=pochu@179.Red-88-7-169.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TeTeT [n=spindler@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@backup.grad.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti [n=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== freeflying [i=flyingfr@gobstopper.dreamhost.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bSON [n=denis@hnvr-4db2f0b5.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
gpocentekMithrandir: I've just merged the xubuntu seeds with ubuntu, could you build both daily and daily-live isos for us?01:24
Mithrandirgpocentek: once we have l-r-m which doesn't ftbfs, yes.01:25
gpocentekMithrandir: ok, thanks01:25
=== Nafallo [n=nafallo@ubuntu/member/nafallo] has joined #ubuntu-devel
bSONubuntu should drop it's gnome-cups-manager .desktop file and use the one upstream01:28
bSONand more important, it shouldn't install it in /usr/share/control-center-2.0/capplets but in /usr/share/applications01:29
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tkamppeter_ [n=till@bl8-127-99.dsl.telepac.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
MithrandirbSON: any reason why it shouldn't be in both places?01:33
bSONMithandir, it isn't in both places, it is just in the legacy directory01:34
Mithrandir: tfheen@golem ~ > dpkg -L gnome-cups-manager| grep desktop01:35
=== pochu [n=pochu@179.Red-88-7-169.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirso no, it's not.01:35
bSONMithrandir, gnome-cups-icon.desktop is not gnome-cups-manager.desktop, those are two different things01:36
bSONgnome-cups-icon.desktop is from upstream that's why it's in the correct folder01:36
Mithrandiroh, true, different names.01:37
bSON(gnome-cups-icon is the notification area icon)01:37
bSONMithrandir, i think the fix is as simple as dropping debian/gnome-cups-manager.desktop and going with upstream01:39
=== evand_ is now known as evand
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-93-10.w90-2.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== _TomB [n=tomb@host81-156-203-232.range81-156.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
xerxasHi all 02:38
=== Huahua_ [n=hua@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tkamppeter_ [n=till@bl7-104-245.dsl.telepac.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cr3 [n=marc@pdpc/supporter/bronze/cr3] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bSON [n=denis@hnvr-4db2f0b5.pool.einsundeins.de] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== LongPointyStick [n=user@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== Mithrandir idly wonders why the buildds are happily chugging away at stuff and if infinity did a mass giveback or something
=== Zic_ [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zic_ [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Quitte"]
=== zul [n=chuck@ubuntu/member/zul] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
iwjSo allegedly we have a xen dom0 kernel in feisty now.  Let's see how bad it is.03:04
wasabi_the default kernel?03:06
zuliwj: thanks...love you too03:06
Mithrandirwasabi_: no, it's in universe.03:06
zuliwj: works for me03:07
iwjzul: No insult intended.  If you know me you'll know I have a natural distrust of software - all software.03:07
zuliwj: none taken..03:07
iwjBy and large I find that software is terrible, sadly.03:07
Mithrandirit's less bad than hardware, because fixing hardware takes more effort.03:07
Treenaksiwj: you must hate hardware03:08
cjwatsonRiddell: Scott says you reckon you're entirely blocked on me for kubuntu-feisty-ubiquity - but surely there's lots of stuff in there that you can do independently of advanced-partitioner and slideshow?03:08
kylemit's just cheaper to fix sw than hardware.03:11
Treenakskylem: unless your RAID-disks start to break ;)03:11
=== chrisj [n=tortoise@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
wasabi_hopefully you're using software raid. :)03:11
=== webben [n=benjamin@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
iwjHardware is bad in different ways.  I quite like hardware I built myself.  Unfortunately even the software I write myself is buggy.03:12
webbenThe Scribus folks seem very very unhappy. http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=4423 Would it be possible to select a "non-random" font and theme for QT apps?03:12
wasabi_Not sure what you mean by "random"03:19
=== sbalneav [n=sbalneav@mail.legalaid.mb.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== carlos [n=carlos@163.pool85-48-166.static.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Riddellcjwatson: I think it's all been done except for those and the missing translation strings03:23
cjwatsonRiddell: I'm sure I haven't seen merges for a big chunk of those03:29
cjwatsonunless it *all* went in with the qt4 port03:29
cjwatsonI'll have a look at the next opportunity03:30
sfllawkylem: Ping?03:32
sfllawkylem: How does one debug problems with ACPI buttons not showing up?03:32
mjg59sfllaw: What hardware?03:32
sfllawkylem: Thinkpad T60p.03:32
mjg59sfllaw: Not showing up in what way?03:32
kylemapply matthew garret liberally to the problem.03:33
sfllawkylem: lshal -m doesn't respond when I hit SLPB.03:33
mjg59sfllaw: And is there a /proc/acpi/ibm directory with contents?03:33
sfllawmjg59: Indeed there is.03:33
=== webben [n=benjamin@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== abattoir_ [n=abattoir@cm15.omega18.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mjg59kylem: Hm. Does sudo acpi_fakekey 142 generate one?03:34
sfllawAh, strange, it's back.03:34
Mithrandiris it just for me that pages in launchpad seems to return bin files for every second or third click now?03:34
webbenSorry, my X froze if anyone replied about Scribus, and default theme and font for QT apps.03:34
sfllawmjg59: Strange, it's disappeared again after setting the hotkey back to its default 0xff9f and then to 0xffff again.03:35
sfllawmjg59: Or rather, it's very intermittent.03:36
sfllawAfter hitting it about 30 times, I get one response.03:36
mjg59sfllaw: Hm.03:36
sfllawacpi_fakekey works.03:36
mjg59sfllaw: Does the acpi_fakekey thing work reliably?03:36
mjg59Ok. Is stuff appearing in /var/log/acpid ?03:36
sfllawAm I looking for something?03:36
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-74-190.w83-204.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ernstp [n=ernstp@c83-254-160-188.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sfllawmjg59: acpid doesn't respond to SLPB very often...03:38
mjg59sfllaw: Can you stop acpid, then cat /proc/acpi/events and see if anything is being generated?03:39
=== pirast [n=martin@p508B1E94.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sfllawmjg59: Only every 50 keypresses or so.03:40
mjg59sfllaw: Kernel boog, then03:40
sfllawThat was my intuition...03:40
sfllawkylem: What kind of help would you need to track this down?03:40
sfllawkylem: I'm willing to file a bug with as much information as you need.03:41
kylemi dunno, acpi isn't really my bag. but file a bug and i'll look at it.03:41
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
kylemsfllaw, you going to be in the office on friday?03:45
sfllawkylem: Probably.03:48
pittikylem: just a question, when will the new stable-security kernel be ready for upload approximately?03:49
kylempitti, today. in an hour or two.03:49
kylemhad some build troubles yesterday, but those are better now.03:49
sfllawkylem: It takes around 60 seconds to register the next SLPB press.03:51
=== glatzor [n=sebi@host-82-135-29-2.customer.m-online.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sfllawseb128: Does gnome-power-manager now handle ButtonPressed = sleep?03:53
seb128sfllaw: what is "ButtonPressed"?03:55
sfllaw[button_pressed_cb]  gpm-info.c:435 (09:55:09):   Button press event type=sleep03:55
seb128(note that ogra maintains that package and he might be the right person to ask)03:55
sfllawAh, sorry.03:55
sfllawogra: ^^^?03:55
mjg59sfllaw: Yes03:55
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Ex-Chat"]
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128is that the "When the power button is pressed" config option?03:56
iwjzul: You mean with xen-image-xen0- et al ?  ISTR reading about a 2.6.19 somewhere.03:56
zuliwj: yeah im just about to upload a newer version, i can put it up for you somewhere if you wish so you can get it when im done03:57
sfllawseb128: No, it's when you hit the sleep button on your computer.03:57
seb128ah ok03:57
sfllawogra: It looks like SLPB is being eaten by gnome-power-manager in Feisty.03:58
sfllawogra: Is that supposed to be the case?03:58
mjg59sfllaw: If it's not appearing in /proc/acpi/events, it's never getting anywhere near g-p-m03:59
iwjzul: I don't need a newer version unless you think I need one.  I'm happy to live not so near the bleeding edge provided it mostly works.03:59
sfllawmjg59: There are two bugs here.03:59
zulok but there will be a newer version today though03:59
sfllawmjg59: In that when button presses do get to g-p-m, nothing happens.03:59
zuliwj: although it should work with 2.6.1704:00
iwjzul: Right, that's great, thanks.04:00
mjg59sfllaw: Just as a point of reference, if ibm-acpi is loaded, you won't get SLPB. It'll be an ibm/hotkey event.04:00
mjg59Also, SLPB is just an internal identifier in the DSDT. Different hardware will have different names there.04:01
sfllawAh, g-p-m is set to have it do nothing.04:01
mjg59Yes, that seems like a plausible answer :)04:01
cjwatsontkamppeter_: what's your expectation that the upstream changes for printerdriverautodownload can happen in the next week?04:02
cjwatsontkamppeter_: (i.e. pre-feature-freeze)04:02
sfllawogra: It looks like bug 63303 has regressed.04:02
UbugtuMalone bug 63303 in gnome-power-manager "No sleep button in edgy?" [Critical,Fix released]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/6330304:02
mjg59sfllaw: You're testing a clean install?04:02
sfllawmjg59: Not completely.  But I'd expect /usr/share/gconf/defaults/10_gnome-power-manager to say something about that gconf key.04:03
sfllawLike, one day it worked, and the next day it didn't.04:04
=== cr3 [n=marc@pdpc/supporter/bronze/cr3] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sfllawmjg59: Let's check edgy's package to see what it says.04:05
sfllawmjg59: Oh, Edgy didn't have this file.04:06
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kent [n=kent@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tkamppeter_cjwatson, in the next week I will not be able to do this upstream work. So I think we should move this to Feisty+1, especially for doing automatic downloads from Ubuntu we also need a printer setup tool which is maintained, so we better should make the driver auto download also dependent on the introduction of printerdrake.04:22
pittitkamppeter_: pd-autodownload is mainly about creating a magic source package that fetches drivers from upstream, tests them, and creates packages for them; how does that depend on printerdrake?04:23
tkamppeter_pitti, one can perhaps make a PPD generator for CUPS 1.2 which checks whether the user is on the internet and if so it takes drivers from OpenPrinting into the PPD list04:24
cjwatsontkamppeter_: this sounds like all of your specs are crashed-and-burned for feisty, then?04:25
cjwatsontkamppeter_: that's ... concerning04:25
tkamppeter_and if a user chooses a driver which is only available on OpenPrinting, the PPD generator downloads the driver package.04:25
pittitkamppeter_: right, but that does not seem to be related to the spec?04:26
cjwatsonif you can decouple it from printerdrake, that would be a very good idea, even if it has to slip past feature freeze a little04:26
pittiplease let's not have the automatic dl discussion again for now04:26
tkamppeter_cjwatson, it seems that the introduction of printerdrake was more work than expected. On the Summit pitti asked me for the files and told me that he tries to make them running under Ubuntu. Later on he told me that it is nott possible to get the Mandriva GUI libraries running with Feisty and asked me for materials to work on that and after that I did not get any retrurn any more04:28
pittiright, that's sort of stalled on UI redesign now, on mpt's table, but certainly not his first priority04:29
tkamppeter_driver auto-download can be completely hiden into CUPS, as driver generator, but as there is no sample driver package yet on OpenPrinting one cannot develop and test very well a CUPS PPD generator to be launched in a week.04:30
pittitkamppeter_: but the spec is about a source package that downloads the drivers from openprinting and builts debs from them, not writing a cups backend04:31
cjwatsonthe date of feature freeze isn't something that was established today ...04:31
pittialthugh that would certainly be nice to have04:31
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508DA97D.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tkamppeter_Also for the development of a source package which downloads and re-packages all drivers sample driver packages are needed ...04:37
iwjHmm, the trouble with testing adt-xenlvm-setup is that I have to wait for debootstrap each time.  I wonder if there's a quicker way.04:37
iwjzul: Congratulations, it all works just fine.04:37
iwjThanks very much.04:37
cjwatsonthe cups backend is not specced; the spec lists the openprinting-drivers magic source package (waiting for openprinting.org) and the printerdrake integration (which will have to be deferred)04:37
pittitkamppeter_: oh, openprinting does not export those yet? hm, too bad04:38
=== carlos [n=carlos@163.pool85-48-166.static.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mdz hands tar(1) to iwj
iwjmdz: Yes, I might resort to that but really I need more RAM I think.04:38
cjwatsontkamppeter_: I would suggest moving the openprinting.org changes as far forward in your schedule as possible, and getting the source package work done as soon after feature freeze as possible04:38
iwjBut in fact it's just worked so I don't need to debug it any more :-).04:38
=== hunger_t [n=tobias@pd95b0676.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tkamppeter_cjwatson, I will do so.04:40
cjwatsontkamppeter_: thanks04:40
tkamppeter_cjwatson, should I mark printerdrake as Feisty+1 then?04:40
cjwatsontkamppeter_: yes, with an explicit annotation of exactly whom it's blocked on so that we can come back to this later without losing information04:42
zuliwj: cool04:42
=== rob [i=rob@freenode/staff/rob] has joined #ubuntu-devel
iwjzul: X is still broken but when I'm doing this I don't mind not using the machine's head.04:46
=== hoora_214 [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-de6664542bcd106d] has joined #ubuntu-devel
zuliwj: might be the kernel then04:47
iwjBen thought it might be something to do with the way xen remaps video stuff.  I have to admit to not understanding how all of the X/Xen/kernel interaction works.04:49
Keybukthe testing machine in the DC won't have X running, I suspect04:50
iwjKeybuk: You mean to tell me elmo doesn't like standing in the DC pointyclicking at menus ?04:50
zuliwj: which card is it again?04:51
=== nags [n=nags@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
kwwiiKeybuk: was my mail enough for the weekly report or should I do another with more info?04:52
Keybukkwwii: I don't have one yet?04:53
kwwiihrm, sabdfl received it (and responded), perhaps it ended up in your spam filter or such04:54
=== pitti got it, too
iwjHmm, the gdebi -> gdebi{,-core} change seems to be stuck in NEW for the binaries.04:55
pittiKeybuk: he means the report for the sprint, not the Wednesday evening report for this week, I assume?04:55
iwjzul: Some intel onboard thing.04:56
kwwiipitti: actually, i do mean the wednesday evening report :-)04:56
pittikwwii: oh, hm, sorry04:56
iwj00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G] /GE Chipset Integrated Graphics Device (rev 01)04:56
Keybukkwwii: Subject ?04:56
kwwiiKeybuk: have you received any mails from me yet? (scott at ubuntu dot com, right?)04:56
kwwii"a few pics for Wednesday"04:57
Keybukah,  I got that one04:57
Keybuka more summary-type mail would be appreciated for the meeting04:57
iwjMithrandir: Is the gdebi -> gdebi{,-core} split held up now because of the herd 3 freeze or for some other reason ?05:01
kwwiiKeybuk: cool, will do05:02
tkamppeter_cjwatson, I have added an appropriate comment to the printerdrake spec now.05:02
iwjThe relevant source upload was on Wednesday but the most recent source upload was on Friday.05:03
=== mvo_ [n=egon@p54A667A6.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Lox911 [i=xkaza@modemcable053.14-131-66.mc.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== alex-weej [n=alex@halls-129-31-82-59.hor.ic.ac.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandiriwj: yes, the split meant NEW processing and we're frozen now, so I'm not going to approve it before Friday.05:13
davmor2help please.  Does network-manager work with intel chipset wireless?05:14
lifelessusually. But please use #ubuntu or the answer tracker or forums for support questions.05:14
iwjMithrandir: OK, thanks for the info and I'll work around it locally somehow.05:15
=== czr [n=czr@iohazard.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rideout [n=rideout@71-218-200-243.hlrn.qwest.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
giskarddavmor2, yes it works 05:23
davmor2giskard:  It does now I needed to remove the config that was set up i /etc/network/interfaces for it to work though.05:25
sfllawpitti: Bug 73617: Please make sure the right release is targetted.05:26
UbugtuMalone bug 73617 in digikam "SRU proposal" [Undecided,Fix committed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/7361705:26
pittihi sfllaw 05:27
=== pitti looks
sfllawI'll set it to Edgy and Fix Committed.05:27
pittiah, I see05:27
pittisfllaw: so it should be 'fixreleased', and an edgy task 'fixcommitted', I guess05:27
sfllawMedium importance, I guess.05:27
=== finalbeta [n=finalbet@d5152A68A.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bronson [n=bronson@adsl-75-36-145-166.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiBenC: here?05:38
iwjBenC: I have a reproduceable oops in dm_snapshot in Chuck's 2.6.19 for feisty Xen.  Are you at all interested ?05:38
pittiiwj: funny05:38
pittiiwj: I just wanted to tell him that I'll have the apport kernel oops hook ready by tomorrow05:38
pittiBenC: ^ does that make sense to ship already? i. e. can the kernel actually trigger it somehow05:39
iwjpitti: *snort*05:39
pittiBenC: also, which package shall these reports be filed against? is linux-meta okay?05:40
iwjFor now I think I'll Not Do That Then.05:43
=== jono [n=jono@ubuntu/member/jono] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiiwj: just to prevent misunderstandings, my apport stuff has nothing to do with you reporting oopses to Ben05:44
iwjpitti: I gathered.05:44
=== Lure [n=lure@clj46-234.dial-up.arnes.si] has joined #ubuntu-devel
BenCiwj: not at all interested in 2.6.19 :)05:46
iwjBenC: Hmm.  OK.  I might have to debug it myself then.  Do you know of a crash in this area ?  I'm not doing anything very unusual: I have a snapshot which I fill up and keep trying to write to, and which I then deactivate.05:47
BenCiwj: No idea...haven't heard of anything05:49
iwjOK, thanks.05:49
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== finalbeta [n=finalbet@d5152A68A.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiBenC: also, would it be useful for you to have the output of 'dpkg -l|grep linux-'?05:51
BenCpitti: No, just /proc/version_signature is good05:52
pittiBenC: SourcePackage: linux-meta is ok for you? Or shall I figure out the actual linux-image-<version>?05:53
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti -> dinner
=== mpt [n=mpt@121-72-133-215.dsl.telstraclear.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@52.254-242-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
BenCpitti: linux-source-<ver>05:58
=== Gman__ [i=gman@nat/sun/x-f9113334ef1c4732] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Ingar [n=saltvik@ti500720a080-8492.bb.online.no] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukseb128: totem is unhappy06:07
Keybukfutex() won't return06:07
KeybukI don't think it likes glibc or something06:08
Keybukit locks up after saying that it detected glibc06:08
Keybuk*** glibc detected *** totem: double free or corruption (out): 0x00000000005d6910 ***06:08
Keybuksomewhere in gstogg06:09
iwjDetecting glibc is a sure sign of trouble.06:10
geserdoes somebody have an idea why xmms2 didn't find a  c-compiler? http://librarian.launchpad.net/6012813/buildlog_ubuntu-feisty-i386.xmms2_0.2DrHouse-3.1ubuntu1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz06:12
geserxmms2 build without problems in my pbuilder06:12
cjwatsonKeybuk: that message confuses lots of people :-)06:13
cjwatsonit should be written as "glibc detected a double free or corruption in totem" or words to that effect06:14
cjwatsonvalgrind usually nails it06:14
bddebianlove those06:14
Keybukcjwatson: it should be written as "double-free detected (core dumped)"06:15
cjwatsonthat too06:15
bddebiangeser: I'm going to try to build now just to see what happens06:17
=== Gerrath [n=Shane_@unaffiliated/gerrath] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukraise (SIGSEGV) in glibc would be sufficient06:18
=== Gman__ is now known as Gman
=== finalbeta [n=finalbet@d5152A68A.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== apokryphos [n=francis@unaffiliated/apokryphos] has joined #ubuntu-devel
bddebiangeser: FTBFSs for me:06:27
bddebianE: Couldn't find package libfaad-dev06:27
bddebianW: Unable to locate package libfaad-dev06:27
bddebianE: Could not satisfy build-dependency.06:27
geserbddebian: which source version of xmms2?06:28
=== TMM [n=hp@c51471f2c.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
bddebianOh, where'd you get 3.1 from?06:29
geserbddebian: it got it from Debian06:29
geserbut you should get 0.2DrHouse-3.1ubuntu1 from Ubuntu06:29
bddebianI pulled what was in feisty06:29
geserbddebian: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xmms2/0.2DrHouse-3.1ubuntu106:30
=== cypher1 [n=cypher1@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
bddebianDamnit, OK, sorry, let me try again06:30
=== cypherbios [n=cypher@ubuntu/member/cypherbios] has joined #ubuntu-devel
keescookcurious about a bzr workflow issue.  I have a branch of apport.  pitti frequently pulls changes from my tree (but not all).  How do I diff against his tree without pulling down a full copy?  (i.e. it seems I can use "bzr diff /path1 /path2" but I want to do something like "bzr diff . sftp://...")06:43
=== chrisj [n=tortoise@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittikeescook: I merged your entire tree, btw06:45
pittikeescook: you can probably get my tree and bzr diff ../otherbranch06:46
keescookpitti: hi!  :)  well, but didn't you fix the Dep issues?06:46
keescookpitti: yeah, I was curious if there was a way to do it without pulling the tree to my local system.06:46
bddebianpitti: \o?06:46
pittikeescook: I just changed your patch to add the dep to the right place06:46
bddebianGah \o/06:46
pittibddebian: ?06:47
bddebianpitti: Cheers for helping with archive admining :-)06:47
pittibddebian: you're welcome06:47
keescookpitti: ah, I see.  You pulled my whole tree, then further updated it, so when I pulled it back, it has the changes.  Cool.06:48
bddebiangeser: Builds OK for me.  Maybe ask for a give-back?06:48
pittikeescook: s/pulled/merged/, right06:48
pittikeescook: you can either pull from mine now, or just create another branch from trunk06:48
keescooksneaky bzr.06:48
pittikeescook: but since I merged your's, you should be able to pull06:48
keescookyeah, I re-merge every day; I think this last time may have been the first time you pulled directly from me, so that's why I hadn't noticed bzr fixing stuff the Right Way before.06:49
pittikeescook: btw, I noticed that you can subscribe to branches in LP; I didn't try that out, though06:50
=== holycow [n=a@mail.wjsgroup.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittibut I guess/hope it'll mail commit logs and so on06:50
keescookoh, interesting...06:50
cjwatsonany Intel Mac owners here?06:52
mjg59cjwatson: You?06:52
mjg59cjwatson: I'll have another in a week or so...06:52
cjwatsonyes, I know I do :-)06:52
cjwatsonbut I'm wondering if anyone else has the incredible slowness booting from CD06:53
cjwatson(live CD)06:53
mjg59Hm. What IDE module has it ended up binding?06:53
mjg59If piix is loaded, there's likely to be a problem06:54
mjg59Also, check whether /proc/interrupts is increasing like mad06:54
cjwatsonit sounds like the CD is stopping and re-seeking all the time06:54
cjwatsonmm, yes, both piix and ata_piix are loaded06:54
nnonixWhen you find a bug that is files against the wrong package, should you just add a comment to that fact and let the dev's modify the bug itself or should you actually modify the bug report?06:56
cjwatsonmjg59: ide-cdrom seems to have got the CD06:56
mjg59cjwatson: Ok, that's not a good start.06:56
mjg59cjwatson: This is feisty?06:56
mjg59Does dmesg have lots of failed dma stuff?06:57
=== pvanhoof [n=pvanhoof@d54C0EE14.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonmjg59: n06:57
mjg59Or is /proc/interrupts showing a huge number of interrupts for the piix irq?06:57
cjwatsonmjg59: I dunno, what's huge?06:57
cjwatsonide0 says 650806:57
mjg59Hm. Ok, so no.06:57
cjwatsonthe controller is PCI 8086:27df06:58
mjg59But piix really shouldn't be binding to that - ata_piix should be06:58
mjg59Not sure if it'd actually fix this case...06:59
cjwatsondriver -> ../../../bus/pci/drivers/PIIX_IDE06:59
mjg59I suspect that unbinding that would be... awkward06:59
cjwatsonlooks like piix06:59
cjwatsonI can munge the initramfs on the way up and see what happens06:59
bddebianBenC: Do you have any specific love/interest in kexec-tools?06:59
mjg5927DF is in ata_piix.c06:59
BenCbddebian: Yes07:00
bddebianBenC: Do you intend to re-merge it?  I filed a sync request for it but maybe I'm missing something important?07:00
BenCbddebian: I'm looking at some other patches that it may need, so I'll be messing with it soon07:01
bddebianBenC: OK, thx07:01
mjg59BenC: So there still seem to be some duplicate IDs in piix and ata_piix - is that deliberate?07:01
BenCplus implementing a real kdump in our initramfs07:01
cjwatsonpiix.c claims PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_ICH7_2107:01
BenCmjg59: I thought you said dupes were ok :)07:01
mjg59BenC: Not if they're both ending up in initramfs07:02
BenCmjg59: That's a blacklist issue...unless one breaks and the other doesn't, then it should be ok07:02
BenCis there any broken?07:02
cjwatsonBenC: scroll up07:02
mjg59BenC: Hm. But Colin has piix.c bound...07:02
BenCmjg59: ok07:03
mjg59So something's going wrong :)07:03
mjg59cjwatson: I'm not sure that this will actually help you, but it's worth a go if you can hack it form initramfs07:03
cjwatsonhaving trouble with the USB keyboard vs. initramfs07:03
mjg59cjwatson: Ah, yes...07:03
BenCmjg59: can you blacklist piix and see if that helps you?07:03
mjg59BenC: I can't07:04
cjwatsonBenC: it's me07:04
BenCerr, cjwatson I mean07:04
cjwatsonI'll have to hack the initramfs elsewhere and re-burn the CD07:04
cjwatsonI'll just remove piix, simpler07:04
=== jonib1 [n=jonas@ua-83-227-144-18.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== finalbeta [n=finalbet@d5152A68A.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128Keybuk: could you get a valgrind log?07:08
=== doko [n=doko@dslb-088-074-010-103.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gvinueza [i=gvinueza@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cr3 [n=marc@pdpc/supporter/bronze/cr3] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jonib1 [n=jonas@ua-83-227-144-18.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== Huahua [n=hua@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsongvinueza: ask - don't ask whether you can ask07:14
gvinuezawell if someone can help me, i'm looking for some reference about development apps for ubuntu07:14
gvinuezaok cjwatson07:14
gvinuezaso you can help me?07:14
gvinuezawhat do i need (dev-apps), where to get it, etc...07:15
cjwatsonthe fact that I made a comment helping you to ask your question better does not mean that I'm volunteering to help07:15
gvinuezaok, so them just put me in the right direction...07:15
cjwatsonthis channel is for development of Ubuntu itself, not for developing applications on Ubuntu07:16
cjwatson#ubuntu may be able to help, but if not you'll need to search the web07:16
gvinuezaok, i have that very clear and in time i will do so, but now i need some pointers for developing apps on ubuntu07:16
Keybukseb128: it worked ok on feisty; assuming it's an edgy bug07:17
=== finalbeta [n=finalbet@d5152A68A.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128Keybuk: ok07:17
=== ..[topic/#ubuntu-devel:cjwatson] : Development of Ubuntu (not support, even with feisty; not application development on Ubuntu) | #ubuntu for support and general discussion | #ubuntu-motu for getting involved in development | http://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperResources | See #ubuntu-bugs for http://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpingWithBugs | Main frozen for herd 3
gvinuezaok... then see you later this year, bye07:18
=== gvinueza [i=gvinueza@] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== masterar2ro [n=masterar@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
bluefoxicyI have a Control Centre?07:22
bluefoxicyCenter is spelled wrong.07:22
bluefoxicyI looked, my language support is incompletely installed07:22
bluefoxicyIt's set to English (United States of America)07:22
bluefoxicyso I tell it to complete installation, it downloads 4 *-en-gb packages07:23
bluefoxicythis isn't quite correct, is it?07:23
=== johanbr [n=j@blk-137-114-65.eastlink.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kent [n=kent@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonmjg59: killing piix from the initramfs doesn't seem to help07:24
mjg59cjwatson: Hrm.07:24
cjwatsonstill waiting for it to boot to see what bound07:24
mjg59cjwatson: Ok07:24
mjg59cjwatson: dmesg would be great once you can get it07:24
cjwatsonbug or mail?07:24
mjg59pastebin or whatever is fine07:25
=== mjg59 goes to the shops
=== tkamppeter_ [n=till@bl7-105-205.dsl.telepac.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mc44 [n=mc44@unaffiliated/mc44] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonmjg59: /wg 7907:36
=== davmor2 [n=davmor2@62-30-74-119.cable.ubr04.wolv.blueyonder.co.uk] has left #ubuntu-devel []
cjwatsonmjg59: http://pastebin.com/87230107:37
cjwatsonmjg59: ata_piix definitely bound this time07:38
=== dsas [n=dean@cpc3-stok6-0-0-cust253.bagu.cable.ntl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
zul /msg Mithrandir hi...did my xen-source upload i did this morning disappear?07:41
Mithrandirzul: as kylem says, it's frozen.07:43
Mithrandirand I haven't approved it because I want to keep a clear shot at the buildds for the kernel builds we've been doing07:44
zulyeah i just realized it07:44
zulnot a problem07:44
=== sacater [n=sacater@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sacateris ubuntu feisty available for general public yet?07:46
Burgworkmdz: ping07:47
Burgworksacater: yes07:47
Burgworkhas been since day one07:47
mdzBurgwork: pong07:47
sacaterBurgwork: then howcome I cant see it in updates / the ubuntu websute07:47
Burgworkmdz: I wanted to draw your attention to https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-January/msg01561.html and https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-January/msg01616.html 07:48
Burgworksacater: it is publicly available but not yet released as stable07:48
Burgworkie: there are alphas out there07:48
sacatermight get it for my laptop07:50
=== geser [n=michael@ubuntu/member/geser] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Huahua_ [n=hua@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzBurgwork: interesting, in a kind of familiar way07:58
=== rc-1 [n=rc-1@ip68-229-102-1.hr.hr.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzI don't see anything new or different in the descriptions of either of them07:58
=== Huahua__ [n=hua@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukthe way things are going at the moment, when asked for a list of Linux-compatible hardware, it's easier to just give people www.intel.com ;)08:06
=== rraphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@165.8.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sacater [n=sacater@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gouchi [n=gouchi@ivr94-8-88-162-27-162.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gouchi_ [n=gouchi@ivr94-8-88-162-27-162.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Burgworkmdz: indeed. Hopefully their little bit of work and our little bit of work could become more than each could do08:15
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@1-234.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== beuno [n=martin@68-155-114-200.fibertel.com.ar] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mdke [n=matt@ubuntu/member/mdke] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hunger [n=tobias@p54A71BA5.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jonib1 [n=jonas@ua-83-227-144-18.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mvo [n=egon@p54A667A6.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== psusi [i=hidden-u@iriserv.iradimed.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Seveas [n=seveas@ubuntu/member/seveas] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mpt [n=mpt@121-72-133-215.dsl.telstraclear.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hoora_214 [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-dce21daa1f8962c9] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cr3 [n=marc@pdpc/supporter/bronze/cr3] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sfllawmvo: For bug 81428, do you want me to test synaptic on Edgy as well?09:06
UbugtuMalone bug 81428 in app-install-data-commercial "sugarcrm needs update of app-install-data-commercial and a synaptic fix" [High,Fix committed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8142809:06
mvohello sfllaw09:06
sfllawmvo: Hello!09:07
mvosfllaw: no, thanks. the version in edgy has the bug unfortunately09:07
mvosfllaw: I have not issued a SRU for this yet09:07
sfllawmvo: All right.  So just in dapper-proposed.09:07
mvosfllaw: yes, thanks09:07
sfllawmvo: OK, should be done in a few hours.09:07
=== TheMuso [n=luke@ubuntu/member/themuso] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvocool, thanks09:09
=== jonib1 [n=jonas@ua-83-227-144-18.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has left #ubuntu-devel []
lamontkeescook: re bind9, thanks09:21
keescooklamont: yawp, no problmo09:21
keescooklamont: any news on ISC regression tester?09:22
=== geser [n=michael@ubuntu/member/geser] has joined #ubuntu-devel
lamontkeescook: it won't be general availablility in any case, I expect - still working through identifying the right victim inside  HP to talk to about  me getting access09:25
keescookcool.  I'm concerned with the dapper and breezy backports.  especially breezy; that whole area of code is verry different09:27
=== sponix [n=family@c-68-51-218-205.hsd1.ga.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mvo_ [n=egon@p54A667A6.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== MikeSmith [n=MikeSmit@tea15.w3.mag.keio.ac.jp] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== geser [n=michael@ubuntu/member/geser] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mvo_ [n=egon@p54A667A6.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== duese [n=Ident@p5484D887.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== WaterSevenUb [n=WaterSev@242-230.dial.nortenet.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== adam0509 [n=benoit@stc92-1-82-227-107-105.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== MikeSmith [n=MikeSmit@tea15.w3.mag.keio.ac.jp] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508DA97D.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Adri2000could an archive admin (if any is around) process the universe packages waiting please? :)10:07
=== anibal [n=anibal@debian/developer/anibal] has joined #ubuntu-devel
MithrandirAdri2000: some accepted; I'm holding back the xen-source to avoid loading the buildds.10:12
Adri2000ok, thank you10:13
sabdflMithrandir: do we need more buildd's?10:14
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirsabdfl: elmo has ordered more parts for two of the ones we have already, but the supplier is being slow, AIUI.10:19
Mithrandirsabdfl: more buildds (or rather, faster buildds) is always welcome, though.10:20
Mithrandir(one of the i386 buildds is approximately twice as fast as the two others, so making sure kernel builds go to the right place is crucial when we're a bit tight on time)10:20
=== sacater [n=sacater@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sfllawkwwii: You may be interested in http://lgm.scribus.net/10:24
kwwiisfllaw: hi! yeah, I wish I could attend but my parents and one brother have tickets to germany at the same time10:26
kwwiisfllaw: I missed the last one as well10:26
sfllawkwwii: Oh dear.10:27
sfllawkwwii: It's in our neck of the woods.10:28
sfllawkwwii: Also, UDS is close to that time, but I thought you might be able to get a special exemption.  :)10:28
=== sacater [n=sacater@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
kwwiisfllaw: not that I want to miss a sprint or anything10:29
sfllawkwwii: Ha!10:29
sfllawkwwii: LGM is pretty work relevant.10:29
sfllawEspecially if you could raise the needs of distributions.10:29
sfllawAnd corner Inkscape developers and give them your opinion about their gradient tools.10:29
geserMithrandir: can you look at the build failure for xmms2? http://librarian.launchpad.net/6012813/buildlog_ubuntu-feisty-i386.xmms2_0.2DrHouse-3.1ubuntu1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz10:31
geserMithrandir: it builds fine in a pbuilder10:31
Mithrandirgeser: missing build-depends on git?10:32
Mithrandirsh: git-rev-parse: command not found10:32
kwwiisfllaw: I can see inkscape devs running in fear10:32
Mithrandirunsure if that's the fatal one, though.10:32
_ionActually, i happened to build 0.2DrHouse-3.1 from Debian today. It printed the error about git-rev-parse, but built just fine.10:33
geserMithrandir: it builds fine without git-rev-parse10:33
geserMithrandir: I reports it can't find a c compiler but I don't know why10:34
Mithrandirlet me check10:35
=== yosch [n=yosch@sal63-1-82-243-96-232.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sfllawkwwii: Maybe you can convince someone else to represent us?  Maybe Cliff?10:40
sfllawkwwii: Someone else from #*ubuntu-artwork?10:41
kwwiisfllaw: still no response from Cliff yet, not sure what is up there10:41
kwwiisfllaw: that would be the best course10:41
sfllawIt'd be good if we got someone to go.  Good artwork seems to be very important for us.10:41
kwwiiI would love to go personally10:42
sfllawkwwii: But you don't want to be disowned.  I understand.10:42
kwwiiso many people that I have talked to online and in lists, it would be great to meet them in person10:42
kwwiihehe, yeah10:42
sfllawAll right.  Well, look around for someone interested and maybe point them at LouisD.10:43
ajmitchkwwii: corner keescook? :)10:43
sfllawkwwii: LouisD is the one organizing LGM.  They're at #lgm on irc.freenode.net.10:43
kwwiisfllaw: cool, I'll do that10:43
sfllawkwwii: Thanks.10:43
=== keescook tries to figure out what I should be cornered for
ajmitchkeescook: you still have some inkscape involvement?10:44
keescookajmitch: I do, yeah10:45
ajmitchor ubuntu has drained all your time :)10:45
kwwiioh keescook, you shouldn't have admitted that10:45
keescookkwwii: heh.  what's up?10:45
ajmitchI shouldn't drop him in it 10:46
keescookah! found it.  gradient tool, eh?10:46
kwwiikeescook: just kidding mainly, but as artist, I do have a lot of issues with inkscape10:46
kwwiifirst thing, someone should fix the nasty gaussian blur stuff, it kills my export times :(10:47
keescookkwwii: hehe.  patches welcome!  join #inkscape.  :)10:47
=== dem [n=dem@ninkendo.org] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sfllawkeescook: Going to LGM?10:48
=== Fujitsu [n=Fujitsu@ubuntu/member/fujitsu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
keescooksfllaw: since I don't know what LGM is, I guess not.  :)10:48
sfllawkeescook: It overlaps a bit with UDS.10:49
sfllawBut it's the big graphics conference here in Montreal.10:49
demi'm trying to get hal to know to work with hotplugable devices in the ultrabay in the new lenovo/ibm thinkpads, on sata chips10:49
keescookah!  nah, but we usually have a bunch of inkscape core-devs there10:49
demhowever i have one issue that on those machines i need ide-cd to ignore the the ide cdrom so it can get picked up by the sata drivers... as a part of the install10:50
demanyone know how to go about making that work?10:50
=== okaratas [n=ozgurk@fsf/member/okaratas] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== billyjack [n=MikeSmit@tea15.w3.mag.keio.ac.jp] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonMithrandir: oh, smeg, I think crash handling is fucked in ubiquity at the moment11:00
cjwatsondo we care enough? (i.e. have you already built semi-final livefses?)11:00
cjwatson    raise11:01
cjwatsonTypeError: exceptions must be classes, instances, or strings (deprecated), not NoneType11:01
=== gnomefreak hasnt checked yet but im hearing libgtk1.2-dev and libglib1.2-dev are unsigned. i will check after updates are done
Mithrandircjwatson: no, haven't built them yet.11:02
Mithrandircjwatson: so please.11:02
_ionOh, gtk-1 still exists? ;-)11:02
gnomefreak:) _ion yeah :(11:03
gnomefreakall i know is im hearing they are warrning when trying to install them11:03
ograany idea about the current size after all the seed changes ? 11:04
ograi see there was no fresh build during the day at all ...11:04
=== shackan [n=shackan@host78-147-dynamic.17-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsongnomefreak: that's usually transient and goes away with the next mirror push.11:08
gnomefreakah ty11:09
=== ph8 [i=henri@rigel.orion-hosting.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508DA97D.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Toadstool [n=jcorbier@cl-266.bru-01.be.sixxs.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kwwii [n=kwwii@khepri.openbios.org] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shackan [n=shackan@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TomB_ [n=tomb@host81-156-203-232.range81-156.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jono [n=jono@ubuntu/member/jono] has joined #ubuntu-devel
okaratasjono, hello11:42
=== MikeSmith [n=MikeSmit@tea15.w3.mag.keio.ac.jp] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Get]
=== finalbeta [n=finalbet@d5152A68A.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sabdflwhat's the monster new debug kernel all about?11:52
kylemsabdfl, enabling people to sensibly debug things11:52
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-devel
kylemneed the vmlinux (the uncompressed, unstripped image) to be able to gdb it, for instance.11:52
sabdfltaint notwithstanding ;-)11:54
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonMithrandir: hmm12:00
cjwatsonMithrandir: update-notifier isn't running in the live session12:00
cjwatsonMithrandir: so apport-gtk = not so much12:00
Mithrandircjwatson: ugh.12:00
cjwatsonMithrandir: what were we trying to stop there? just update-manager?12:00
Mithrandiryes, afaik12:00
Mithrandirit should still catch normal crashes, shouldn't it?12:01
cjwatsondon't see how12:01
cjwatsonubiquity basically is a normal crash now12:01
=== mc44 [n=mc44@unaffiliated/mc44] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Exit,]
Mithrandiranything we can do about that now, or should I just releasenote it?12:02
cjwatsonI'm trying to figure out if there's an obvious way to fix it quickly12:02
=== didymo [n=ashley@203-206-179-54.perm.iinet.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonremoving the right files from /usr/lib/update-notifier would probably do it12:03
=== twilight [n=twilight@ubuntu/member/twilight] has left #ubuntu-devel []

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!