=== GrueMaster_ is now known as GrueMaster
=== rgreening__ is now known as rgreening
=== voRieLLo is now known as voRia
=== oubiwann is now known as oubiwann_
=== thekorn is now known as _thekorn
=== _thekorn is now known as thekorn
=== oubiwann_ is now known as oubiwann
=== oubiwann is now known as oubiwann_
davidmMorning NCommander14:00
davidmogra, please grab the Freescale call, suggest shutting it down as there is nothing to do at this time14:01
* GrueMaster yawns14:03
MootBotMeeting started at 08:04. The chair is ogra.14:04
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]14:04
ograseems the agenda isnt properly filled and i have no idea what the action items from last week were14:04
* ogra sighs14:05
dmartI wasn't here last weeek14:05
davidmWere there any?  It was release week14:05
ograthere was "fill out the arm release notes" for asac and me14:05
ogra(i'm still waiting for NCommander to add the dove install instructions, the rest is done)14:05
ograi dont remember what else14:06
ograi know there were a bunch14:06
NCommandersorry for being tardy14:06
ograok, there was: NCommander, plars, ogra to test firefox on new image14:07
ogralooked fine, i tested it right away14:07
plarsas did I14:07
NCommanderno unexpected scrollbarsin sight14:07
plarsstuff like google maps, yahoo, etc looked normal again14:07
ograand there was "asac and ogra to flesh out release notes"14:08
ograwhich was done modulo the dove install instructions <- NCommander please add14:08
NCommanderogra: add an action item for me on that (I'm currently updating the karmic ones)14:08
ograand there was a carry over for dyfet to add a check for v6->v7 upgrades to update-manager14:08
ograNCommander, just copy paste and remove mentioning of karmic ... if you really do it after the meeting we dont need an extra action imho14:09
NCommanderogra: I need to update the bootloader section14:09
ogradyfet, has an SRU patch been created for mvo to inspect for u-m ?14:09
ogra[action] NCommander to add a link for dove install notes to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/LucidReleaseNotes14:10
MootBotACTION received:  NCommander to add a link for dove install notes to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/LucidReleaseNotes14:10
ograhmm, no dyfet14:11
ograso i suspect thats a c/o14:11
ogra[action] dyfet to fix update-manager sanity checks for ARM upgrades in an SRU14:12
MootBotACTION received:  dyfet to fix update-manager sanity checks for ARM upgrades in an SRU14:12
ogramoving on14:12
ogra[topic] Standing Items14:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Standing Items14:12
ograi guess we dont need to look at the workitem tracker atm14:12
persiaThere's a new one, but it's mostly empty :)14:13
NCommanderMostly just need to get specs for UDS up and improved14:13
ograneither on any of the other items in that section or do we ?14:13
ograso did everyone who has poposed spec for UDS talk to lool  ?14:13
ograto get them approved and scheduled ?14:13
ogra(iirc lool is supposed to approve/decline unless that changed, though nobody told us yet)14:14
asacfeel free to talk to me ;)14:14
asacNCommander: please submit your spec against ubuntu-arm project14:14
ogra[action] everyone with UDS specs planned, talk to asac for approval/declination14:15
MootBotACTION received:  everyone with UDS specs planned, talk to asac for approval/declination14:15
asacor keep it where it is ... hjowever, i think its best to file it against ubuntu-arm as in that way we will track it14:15
NCommanderasac: huh?14:15
ogra[action] everyone with UDS specs planned please submit your specs against ubuntu-arm project14:15
MootBotACTION received:  everyone with UDS specs planned please submit your specs against ubuntu-arm project14:15
ograanything else we need to discuss on the standing items ?14:16
persiaI think all the specs for Ubuntu ought be done against ubuntu.  It's a huge pain to move stuff against projects to be against distros (we encountered this previously when fussing with ubuntu-mobile project, and that is part of why we gave up the ubuntu-mobile LP project)14:16
persiaNo maverick images available yet :)14:16
ograhttps://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-arm/+specs disagrees :)14:17
* NCommander has everything submitted against ubuntu with davidm as the approver. If we're going to chang ehow we're filing blueprints, that should have been annoyanvced ages ago14:17
asacNCommander: it was announced14:17
ograNCommander, it was announced about four to six weeks ago14:17
asacmultiple times14:17
* NCommander sighs14:17
ogranot the ubuntu-arm project but that lool should be approver for all specs at least14:17
persiaogra: How does that disagree?  Looks like someone else is trying to experiment with a separate project again and will have the same pain later.14:17
asacmobile team has no own track ... so if its arm related it should be ubuntu-on-arm14:18
davidmall blueprints are approved by lool14:18
ogradavidm, it was delegated to asac14:18
davidmNCommander, I am not involved this cycle14:18
ogra[link] https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-arm/+specs14:19
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-arm/+specs14:19
ograso lets move on unless someone else has anything for the spec topic14:19
asacthanks ogra14:19
* ogra skips up to image status14:19
ogra[topic] ARM Image Status14:19
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Image Status14:19
ograi saw that NCommander asked that imx51 and dove images get disabled14:20
ograwhich apparently happened14:20
ogra(thanks cjwatson )14:20
ograsince both wont have supported kernels in ubuntu for maverick14:21
NCommanderogra: can you action item me to post a bzr branch to also drop imx51/dove there (the netboot images are still being generated)14:21
ograomap and versatile images will persist for now14:21
NCommanderdrop imx51/dove in d-i14:21
persiaNCommander: Don't drop it: just leave it unused.14:21
NCommanderpersia: ?14:22
ogra[action] NCommander to take care for disabling (not dropping) netboot builds in d-i14:22
MootBotACTION received:  NCommander to take care for disabling (not dropping) netboot builds in d-i14:22
ogra[action] NCommander to take care for disabling (not dropping) netboot builds of imx51/dove in d-i14:22
MootBotACTION received:  NCommander to take care for disabling (not dropping) netboot builds of imx51/dove in d-i14:22
ograthats better :)14:22
ograwe want to keep omap and versatile :)14:23
ograanything else on images ?14:23
NCommander10.04 was aweseom?14:23
ograagreed :)14:23
NCommanderI think we're good on images14:24
ograok, moving ong14:24
ogra*on :)14:24
ogra[topic] AOB14:25
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB14:25
ograany having anything ?14:25
NCommanderthank you ogra for taking over14:26
NCommanderand also14:26
NCommanderPepole, please post your ARs! (I'm not perfect on this either, but we really should have them all the wiki)14:26
ograits probably good to mention that we should take a look on universe FTBFS in maverick now that main is mostly sorted14:28
ograi dont expect massive fallout in main this cycle ... no huge toolchain changes like we had the last releases or anything similar will occur ...14:28
ograso we should try to get more motus intrested and work with them to fix all the ftbfs mess14:28
ograthats all i had to say for AOB ...14:28
ograanyone else ?14:28
ogradoesnt look like ...14:28
ograhow about we adjourn then ? :)14:28
ogragoing once ...14:28
ogragoing twice ...14:28
MootBotMeeting finished at 08:28.14:28
=== JanC_ is now known as JanC
ogragrr, sorry ... worst time for a disconnect14:30
ogradid i miss anything ? (can somebody paste in a PM if i did)14:30
ograso what i said in AOB without noticing i was off ...14:30
ograits probably good to mention that we should take a look on universe FTBFS in maverick now that main is mostly sorted14:31
NCommanderogra: no, everything posted through14:31
ograi dont expect massive fallout in main this cycle ... no huge toolchain changes like we had the last releases or anything similar will occur ...14:31
ograso we should try to get more motus intrested and work with them to fix all the ftbfs mess14:31
NCommanderyou even closed out the meeting14:31
ograoh :)14:31
ograi did ?14:31
ograright ... i didnt get any feedback :P14:31
persiaYou did.14:31
ogragreat, enjoy your day then :)14:32
=== oubiwann_ is now known as oubiwann
pittihello everyone15:00
pittiTB meeting time15:00
pitticjwatson, sabdfl, kees, mdz, Keybuk: ping15:00
=== MosquitoOo is now known as MaWaLe
pittihey Colin, how are you?15:00
pittiour famous leader15:01
* pitti sees Scott getting into his boots very fast15:01
pittimdz said he'd be here a little late15:02
=== unimix is now known as unimix|away
cjwatsonbut only semi.  Looking forward to dozing on the train tomorrow ;-)15:03
pittiheh, have a good rest!15:03
sabdflsunsets should be great from the train, what with all the *ash* in the air ;-)15:04
pitticjwatson: would you mind SMSing Scott? I'll SMS Kees15:04
pittiok, let's start for now15:07
MootBotMeeting started at 09:07. The chair is pitti.15:07
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]15:07
pitti[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TechnicalBoardAgenda15:07
keeshello, sorry i'm late15:07
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TechnicalBoardAgenda15:07
pittihey kees15:07
pitti[TOPIC] Review of previous actions15:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Review of previous actions15:08
pittiScottK and Riddell to finalize draft, get agreement with KDE on point release criteria15:08
pittiScottK, Riddell: ^ any update, or push forward?15:08
pitticjwatson to write up 2010-03-09 meeting minutes15:08
pitticjwatson: I guess we'll push that? :-)15:08
Riddellpitti: started reviewing yesterday, will get it sorted this week15:08
pitticjwatson to drive libfaac issue to conclusion15:09
pitticjwatson: I think that happened, right?15:09
cjwatsonnot done yet, got eaten by release and I decided that it wasn't RC15:09
pittiRiddell: ooh, thanks!15:09
pitti[ACTION] ScottK and Riddell to finalize draft, get agreement with KDE on point release criteria15:09
MootBotACTION received:  ScottK and Riddell to finalize draft, get agreement with KDE on point release criteria15:09
cjwatsonas in, nothing in the archive actually performed the problematic link15:09
pitticjwatson: ah, so it's actually a non-issue completely?15:10
pitti(I thought last time we resolved to that it's not something we need to deal with?)15:10
cjwatsonI still want to look at it15:11
cjwatsonKeybuk texted back to say he's on leave today15:11
pitti[ACTION] cjwatson to drive libfaac issue to conclusion15:12
MootBotACTION received:  cjwatson to drive libfaac issue to conclusion15:12
pitticjwatson: thanks15:12
pitti[TOPIC] Scan the mailing list archive for anything we missed15:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Scan the mailing list archive for anything we missed15:12
pittinot sure who added that15:12
pittibut I had a look today, and found two things, I put them on the agenda now15:12
pitti[TOPIC] Request for Kubuntu Unseeded Packages Team15:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Request for Kubuntu Unseeded Packages Team15:13
pitti[LINK] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2010-March/000155.html15:13
MootBotLINK received:  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2010-March/000155.html15:13
pittidoes anyone have an opinion about this? to me this again sounds like DMB matter15:13
RiddellI'm not sure how the package list would be defined15:14
Riddellcjwatson likely knows the sort of magic for that15:14
persiaI'd like to see it implemented as a seed (even if not a seed that ends up on a CD), just for ease of tracking.15:14
keesfeels like dmb. if dmb has questions with it then it would hit TB?15:14
pittiI thought in terms of dependencies, as a basis for that list?15:15
persiakees: That matches the decision from last week, but it was TB prior to that (including at the time of the mail)15:15
pittiICBW, but I think it needs to be a seed for the LP magic to work15:15
Riddellso I should talk to DMB and get approval there then find out who can implement it?15:15
persiaRiddell: DMB can implement: the key bit is getting the list.  I'm happy to help you put that together over the next week.15:16
pittiright, I don't think we can define them (technically) as a negative of seeds15:16
cjwatsonwe can define them however we like.  a seed is easiest15:16
cjwatsonbut it's quite programmatic right now ...15:17
cjwatsontracing reverse build-dep graphs is a rather painful way to do it though15:17
cjwatsonhappy to sit down with somebody at UDS and try to thrash it out; that might be the easiest way15:17
Riddellok, we can do that15:18
pitti[TOPIC] Canonical's patent licenses impact on redistribution15:19
MootBotNew Topic:  Canonical's patent licenses impact on redistribution15:19
pitti[LINK] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2010-April/000192.html15:19
MootBotLINK received:  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2010-April/000192.html15:19
pittiThis came up on the ML again, and it's again a legal matter15:19
mdzpitti: here now15:19
pittiI don't feel that I can definitively answer this on my part, but my feeling is that it would be weird for these license to automatically apply for any other derivative15:19
pittihello mdz, how are you?15:20
cjwatsonI don't have the information necessary to respond to that; unless mdz or sabdfl happen to know, I assume we would have to refer this to Amanda?15:20
mdzpitti: I added the "scan the mailing list" topic to remind us to see if anything is outstanding from the list15:20
pittidoes anyone know more?15:20
pitticjwatson: ok, I can do that15:20
mdzI saw that on the mailing list, and I think it should be addressed to Canonical rather than to the TB15:20
sabdfli believe the licenses he's referring are purely in support of OEMs in specific cases15:20
pittisabdfl: that's what I expected, but I'm happy to confirm with Amanda15:21
mdzI don't think there's an issue here, but Canonical does need to respond15:21
pitti[ACTION] pitti to confirm scope of Canonical's ffmpeg licenses with Amanda and followup15:22
MootBotACTION received:  pitti to confirm scope of Canonical's ffmpeg licenses with Amanda and followup15:22
pitti[TOPIC] Maverick: Syncing from testing or unstable?15:22
MootBotNew Topic:  Maverick: Syncing from testing or unstable?15:22
pitti[LINK] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2010-April/030594.html15:22
MootBotLINK received:  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2010-April/030594.html15:22
pitti^ start of thread15:22
pitti[LINK] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2010-April/030655.html15:23
MootBotLINK received:  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2010-April/030655.html15:23
pitti^ summary15:23
pittisummary-summary: syncing from testing was perceived as a good decision for lucid by the majority of replies15:23
cjwatsonthanks for the summary, that's helpful15:23
keesthat was a pretty interesting thread.15:23
cjwatsonI like the compromise proposal of syncing from unstable as normal, and then from testing for a little longer15:23
pittibut the general feeling is that we shouldn't do it all the time to not fall behind too much15:23
pittimy personal preference is to switch back to unstable for maverick15:24
pittirationale: (1) Debian is approaching freeze, and (2) we just left the more conservative LTS cycle and need to catch up15:24
cjwatsonI agree15:24
pittiwhat do you think?15:24
pittiah, let's do that for formality15:25
keeswe could maybe consider switching to testing near/at DIF15:25
pitti[VOTE] switch back to unstable for Debian->maverick syncing15:25
MootBotPlease vote on:  switch back to unstable for Debian->maverick syncing.15:25
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot15:25
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting15:25
kees(in addition)15:25
MootBot+1 received from kees. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 115:25
MootBot+1 received from pitti. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 215:25
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 315:26
mdzpitti: is there a decision we need to make today?15:26
cjwatsonwe need to start autosyncing soon, yes15:26
MootBot+1 received from mdz. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 415:26
pittimdz: we're about to open teh floodgates for maverick15:26
pittionce gcc-4.5 finishes building, I think we're good to go15:26
cjwatsonand I'd like to switch MoM over appropriately15:26
pittidoko said that there's currently no new binutils which we urgently need (or none at all)15:26
pittiwe need to look at perl maybe15:27
pittisabdfl: do you have an opinion about it, or abstain?15:27
* pitti jumps back a step15:28
sabdfli concur that we should sync from unstable15:28
sabdfland that LTS's deserve different treatment in that regard15:29
sabdflsorry for closing the wrong window. it's those damn tab close icons in the wrong place.15:29
cjwatsonI can probably sort out perl before I finish up for the day ...15:29
pittiyeah, and close buttons on the wrong side, etc.15:29
* pitti infers a +1 and..15:29
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 415:29
pitticjwatson: are you okay with doing the switch in MoM? shall I ask the Soyuz guys to switch over sync-source?15:30
pitti(or do it myself)15:30
cjwatsonMoM switch done15:30
cjwatsonplease ask for the Soyuz change, yes15:30
pittiwill do15:31
pitti[ACTION] pitti to get sync-source default back to unstable15:31
MootBotACTION received:  pitti to get sync-source default back to unstable15:31
pitti[TOPIC] Check up on community bugs15:31
MootBotNew Topic:  Check up on community bugs15:31
pitti[TOPIC] Select a chair for the next meeting15:31
MootBotNew Topic:  Select a chair for the next meeting15:31
pittiI forgot, do we go by IRC nick or name?15:31
pittiIRC nick -> sabdfl, Name -> Keybuk, I think?15:32
keesat least i thought so15:32
pittithat's it, thanks everybody!15:33
MootBotMeeting finished at 09:33.15:33
=== bfiller_ is now known as bfiller
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-lunch
=== bfiller_ is now known as bfiller
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== apachelogger is now known as huntlogger
=== oubiwann is now known as oubiwann_
=== Ursinha-lunch is now known as Ursinha
=== RoAk is now known as RoAkSoAx
zuloh good so im not halicunating19:00
mathiazzul: well - may be there are two of us19:00
sommerI'm about :-)19:00
ttxI'm here :P19:00
ttxjust parallelizing a lot19:01
ttxmathiaz: the chair is all yours19:01
mathiazok - I'll run this one19:01
mathiazsmoser: hggdh: Daviey: o^4219:01
mathiazok - let's get started19:02
MootBotMeeting started at 13:02. The chair is mathiaz.19:02
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]19:02
mathiazI'll be the scribe this week19:02
mathiazToday's magnificent agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting19:02
mathiaz[TOPIC] # Review ACTION points from previous meeting19:03
MootBotNew Topic:  # Review ACTION points from previous meeting19:03
mathiazLast week minutes: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/2010042819:03
mathiaz# hggdh, zul to get their release note/early SRU bugs known to ttx19:03
zuli was going to bring them up at the meeting today19:04
mathiazzul: we'll cover the lucid SRU in the relevant topic later in the meeting19:04
mathiazand release notes are too late19:04
mathiaz# ALL to mark DONE or POSTPONED the remaining work items for 10.04 by Thu 29 April EOD19:04
mathiazI hope the final lucid burndown charts looked good ;)19:05
mathiazttx: ^^?19:05
mathiaz# hggdh to outline testing bottlenecks for UEC testing UDS sessions19:05
ttxmathiaz: done19:05
Davieyi *think* i've achieved my objectives ;)19:05
mathiazhggdh: ^^ have you dumped your ideas in the relevant blueprints for UDS?19:05
mathiazthat's all for last week minutes19:06
mathiazjjohansen: hggdh: around?19:06
mathiaznope - ok - let's move on19:07
mathiaz[TOPIC] Weekly SRU review19:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly SRU review19:07
mathiazI've updated the wiki page to list lucid nominations19:07
mathiazand remove interpid now  that it's EOL19:07
mathiazdapper, hardy, jaunty nominations are empty19:08
mathiazfor karmic: bug 49408419:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 494084 in image-store-proxy "arch parameter is not passed by the image proxy during image install from store" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/49408419:08
mathiazbug 57231719:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 572317 in image-store-proxy "image-store does not support images without a ramdisk" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57231719:08
mathiazzul: let's go through the nominations lists first19:08
mathiazzul: and then we'll discuss your list of bugs?19:09
mathiazsmoser: how important are these bugs^^ for karmic?19:09
smoserarch bug is not as important as "no-ramdisk" bug19:10
smoserbut no-ramdisk is required if you want to run (correctly) lucid image store images on karmic uec19:10
smoserso the intent was to piggy back the arch change also in an update19:10
jjohansenoops, /me slips in19:11
mathiazsmoser: ok - I'll accept both bugs for lucid and karmic then19:11
mathiazso for lucid19:12
mathiazthere are 5 bugs nominated19:12
mathiazbug 57334519:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 573345 in dovecot "dovecot-postfix references cmusieve as a mail plugin" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57334519:12
mathiazbug 19548019:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 195480 in libvirt "libvirt: virsh -c qemu+ssh://host.example.com/session connects to 'system', not session" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/19548019:12
mathiazFYI you can get the LP query from the KnowledgeBase wiki page19:13
mathiaz^^ SRU weekly review19:13
mathiazwhich ones should be accepted for a SRU in lcuid?19:13
zul458637 shouldnt19:14
zulits not fixed upstream afaik19:14
zul573345 needs a bit more research19:14
zul562832 was upload but didnt get process for some reason so that should be objected19:15
mathiazbug 573345 seems straight forward19:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 573345 in dovecot "dovecot-postfix references cmusieve as a mail plugin" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57334519:15
mathiazzul: what do you mean by objected?19:16
zulmathias: sorry reejcted19:16
Daviey573345 seems a valid sru19:16
mathiazDaviey: right - I've accepted the nomination19:17
mathiazzul: bug 562832 - does this mean that DRBD is currently broken in lucid?19:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 562832 in drbd8 "module drbd8 update kernel from 2.6.32-16 to 2.6.32-20" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/56283219:18
zulmathiaz: if you rebuild it manually no19:18
mathiazzul: oh ok19:19
mathiazzul: so not SRU worth19:19
mathiazI'll decline the bug19:19
zulmathiaz: it would be nice to have that fixed though19:19
mathiazzul: right - we're looking at SRU nominations19:19
mathiazzul: declining an SRU doesn't mean it won't be fixed in the development version19:20
mathiazbug 19548019:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 195480 in libvirt "libvirt: virsh -c qemu+ssh://host.example.com/session connects to 'system', not session" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/19548019:20
mathiazdoesn't seem SRUable for now as still not fixed in maverick19:21
mathiazso declining19:21
mathiazand last bug on the list: bug 51211019:21
ubottuLaunchpad bug 512110 in krb5 "gssd regression, "Program lacks support for encryption type"" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/51211019:21
mathiazdoesn't seem SRUable for now19:22
mathiazand there is a workaround in the bug19:22
mathiazallright - that's all for the lucid nominations19:23
mathiazI've produced a last-week bug fix list19:23
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~mathiaz/fixedbugs.ubuntu-server.2010-05-04.html19:23
mathiazwhich is of course rather short given it was release week :)19:23
mathiazanything SRU worth on this?19:24
mathiazwell - I guess not19:24
mathiazsince they've all been fixed in *lucid*19:24
mathiazzul: any other bugs on your SRU plate?19:24
zulthese ones are in process19:25
zulbug 57226219:25
ubottuLaunchpad bug 572262 in nut "[SRU] libusb_get_report: error sending control message: Operation not permitted" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57226219:25
mathiazzul: where do you keep track of them?19:25
zulbug 567043 57320619:25
ubottuLaunchpad bug 567043 in php5 "[SRU] [lucid] php5 segfault when calling mysqli_options()" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/56704319:25
=== huntlogger is now known as apachelogger
zulim keeping track of them locally19:25
zuland have a script that pulls down all of the bugs that are nominated for a particular release19:26
mathiazzul: great19:26
zulin the uds session i want to talk about how to keep better track of them and make it more vissible19:26
mathiazzul: totally19:27
mathiazzul: I'm glad to hear there will be UDS session dedicated to that subject19:27
mathiazanything else to add the SRU front?19:27
mathiazlet's move on19:28
mathiaz[TOPIC] UDS Maverick19:28
MootBotNew Topic:  UDS Maverick19:28
mathiazso we're planning UDS next week19:28
mathiazI hope all blueprints have been registered19:28
mathiazjiboumans has been working on the schedule19:28
MootBotLINK received:  http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-m/track/cloud_and_server/19:29
mathiaz^^ this is the current *tentative* schedule19:29
mathiazit *will* change19:29
mathiazbut you can already get a taste of what we'll discuss and when19:29
Davieyit *will* break ;)19:29
mathiazany questions on UDS?19:30
mathiaznope - let's move on then19:31
mathiaz[TOPIC] Open discussion19:31
MootBotNew Topic:  Open discussion19:31
mathiazany other questions?19:31
mathiazallrighty then19:32
mathiazlet's wrap up19:32
mathiaz[TOPIC] Announce next meeting date and time19:33
MootBotNew Topic:  Announce next meeting date and time19:33
mathiazgiven we'll be at UDS next week19:33
mathiazI suggest we cancel next week meeting19:33
zulskip it19:33
mathiazwe'll come back in *two* weeks, same place same time?19:33
mathiazwe'll come back in *two* weeks, same place same time.19:34
mathiazthanks for attending19:34
Davieythanks mathiaz19:34
mathiazand I'll see some of you next week in Belgium!19:35
mathiazhave safe travels19:35
MootBotMeeting finished at 13:35.19:35
=== oubiwann_ is now known as oubiwann
=== voRieLLo is now known as voRia
=== Ursinha is now known as Jorjao
=== Jorjao is now known as Ursinha
ronnietuckerHi, is the EMEA meeting taking place?20:12
voRiaAccording to the wiki page, it's at 20:00 UTC20:15
ronnietuckervoRia: thanks, just checking as the UWN gave it as 7 GMT. I'll hang around  :)20:17
Seveashi forumsmatthew20:54
forumsmatthewhello, Seveas20:54
Seveaswe all expire in 4 hours, except for jonathan :)20:55
forumsmatthewThen we should hurry. :)20:55
highvolt1gegood evening20:56
=== highvolt1ge is now known as highvoltage
Seveashi ghvoltage!20:56
highvoltageSeveas: heh, very punny20:56
Seveaspopey, stgraber, 5 minute warning :-)20:56
=== NapsterTeachIRCS is now known as Smex_
=== Smex_ is now known as Smex
Seveasargh. Bad Lucid. Stop crashing21:00
highvoltageI last rebooted when Lucid was released and had no stability issue whatsoever :)21:01
Seveasx keeps hanging21:01
Seveassomething between X, compiz and the intel driver is at war21:01
Laibschgood evening21:02
Seveashello Laibsch21:02
Seveaspopey, highvoltage, forumsmatthew, stgraber: It is time.21:02
ivarelahi to all21:02
forumsmatthewready here21:02
voRiahi :)21:02
forumsmatthewgreetings to all21:02
highvoltagegreetings again!21:02
highvoltagedo we have quorum?21:02
Seveasif popey and stgraber wake up21:02
highvoltagestgraber is kind of on holiday, I'll sms him to see if he's around21:03
forumsmatthewlet's mention their names again, them being popey and stgraber21:03
highvoltageI forgot I had popey's number too. sms'ed him too.21:06
czajkowskihighvoltage: shame you're not coming to UDS :(21:07
highvoltageczajkowski: hey you know it's not my fault!21:07
czajkowskiI know!21:07
forumsmatthewglad to see you!21:11
Seveas4 is quorum21:11
popeywe ready to rock?21:11
Seveaslet's begin21:11
Seveasronnietucker, you're up21:11
Seveashi ronnietucker, please introduce yourself to us21:12
ronnietuckerI'm Ronnie the founder, and editor, of Full Circle magazine which has now been running for three years (this month).21:13
highvoltageronnietucker: who else works on the Full Circle team?21:14
ronnietuckermrmonday (Robert) and linuxgeekery (Rob K.) have been with me since the beginning in 2007, but there are other behind the scenes people such as proof-readers and contributors21:15
Seveashighvoltage, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuMagazine/FullIssueIndex -- quite a few people it seems21:15
ronnietuckerI also liase with the translation teams21:15
Seveasronnietucker, I'm going to vote -1 now as none of these people actually left a recommendation on your wikipage. I think full circle is great but want to get some input from the rest of your team21:15
ronnietuckermrmonday should be here if that's any help21:16
popeyI'm going to +1 because I've seen and read FCM for some time and consider it a worthwhile, consistent and quality contribution to Ubuntu.21:16
highvoltageI feel that ronnietucker has made really good contributions, Full Circle magazine is does a great job of spreading knowledge of Ubuntu21:16
forumsmatthewI'm going to go -0. I would like some testimonials and comments from people working with you. However, I have seen the product and agree with popey that it is high quality.21:17
ronnietuckerI've no recommendations on my page, but 30,000 readers each month can't be wrong  :)21:17
highvoltageit's a solid 3 years of advocacy, so the sustained part is there, it's also quite a significant contribution he's made21:17
Seveashighvoltage, popey, hmm21:17
ronnietuckerfeel free to browse our site for many many comments21:17
popeyI agree that the wiki page doesnt come up to our usual requirements21:17
highvoltageI'm going to go +0, but I'd like ronnietucker to re-apply with an expanded wiki page with more details21:17
forumsmatthewI agree it is a sustained and significant contribution, but would like to have some personal comments from individual people who work directly with you.21:18
Seveasronnietucker, the purpose of the wikipage is that *you* prepare it to make it easy for us to give a +121:18
highvoltageronnietucker: if you could list any other teams you have worked with, or in, that would be great. recommendations are quite important too, if you can get them21:18
highvoltageronnietucker: you're a writer and an editor so preparing a wiki page should be very little work for you ;)21:19
Seveasronnietucker, I'm afraid that the total of votes is exactly 0. I think it should take very little time for you to get some recommendations and expand your wikipage a bit, so please do so and come back next month.21:19
* mrmonday appears, whaddaya need21:19
Seveas"a wild mrmonday appears"21:19
forumsmatthewhere is an example of a very good page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Joeb45421:19
popeytestimonials, stat!21:20
ronnietuckermrmonday is one of the people who helped found Full Circle21:20
highvoltageSeveas: you've been spending too much time on your Apple ][ this week!21:20
Seveasmrmonday, please read scrollback and give ronnietucker some credit on his wikipage.21:20
mrmondayWhat kind of a testemonial do you need? I can give one, but how I word it depends on what sort of information you want from me21:20
mrmondayok, sure :)21:20
SeveasI'd like to move on21:20
Laibschsorry to jump in21:20
highvoltagelet's do21:20
forumsmatthewmove on21:20
SeveasvoRia, you're up21:20
LaibschMay I ask to be next?21:20
voRiahello everyone21:21
voRiaoh sure21:21
popeyI agree, ronnietucker I'd be happy to help you get your wiki page in order21:21
SeveasvoRia, please introduce yourself to us21:21
ronnietuckerpopey: thanks, will we do that now?21:21
voRiaSeveas: consider Laibsch first21:21
popeyronnietucker: drop me a mail and we'll sort it21:21
voRiait's not a problem for me21:21
Seveasok, Laibsch you're up then :)21:21
LaibschvoRia: thanks21:21
Laibschmy name is Rolf Leggewie21:22
voRiaLaibsch: np21:22
Laibschthe reason I'm asking to be next is that it's 5 in the morning and I'd like to go back to zzzZZZzzz21:22
SeveasLaibsch, then please quickly introduce yourself :)21:22
LaibschI've been a long-time contributor to Ubuntu, mostly while working on bugs21:23
LaibschRecently (about a year or two) I've done some packaging work as well21:23
Seveasdo you want to become a MOTU?21:23
LaibschI'm maintaining a couple of pages in Debian because I feel that's the best way to support Ubuntu when it comes to packaging21:24
LaibschI eventually may consider that21:24
LaibschI always thought it's invitiation only21:24
Seveasit is definitely not21:24
LaibschI've only recently understood that it is by application21:24
LaibschI sometimes wish I could upload packages (for example those I maintain in Debian)21:25
highvoltagegoing the MOTU route may be a better way to gain membership for you21:25
LaibschI can upload to Debian now that I'm DM21:25
SeveasLaibsch, reading your launchpad page I see good amounts of karma on bug work, but as with ronnietucker: while the contribution may be valuable, some recommendations/testimonials from other are really needed to judge the quality of your contribution21:25
LaibschOne doesn't preclude the other, I'd say, highvoltage21:25
forumsmatthewI'm going to have to agree with Seveas21:25
LaibschSeveas: if that's a requirement maybe that should be made more clear21:26
Laibschstgraber could have said someting about me21:26
LaibschI package pastebinit21:26
SeveasLaibsch, that is most definitely made clear on the membership guidelines wikipage21:26
Laibschor persia, but I think he's asleep21:26
LaibschI work mostly on my own21:26
Laibschso I'm not sure there are that many people that regularly come in contact with what I do21:27
Laibschnonetheless my contributions are sustained and of a significant amount which at least I understood to be the main deciding factor21:27
forumsmatthewanyone see your packages/bugs? approve them? are there people who can comment on the quality of the help you give?21:28
forumsmatthewwe can see activity, but only people closely involved can comment effectively on the quality21:28
LaibschI'm sure almost anyone doing sponsoring has at one time or another interacted with what I do21:28
SeveasLaibsch, then please ask them to leave a note on your wikipage21:28
Laibschif I were them, I'm not sure I would remember everyone I sponsor every half year or so21:28
hggdhFWIW, I can vouch for Laibsch work21:28
forumsmatthewespecially on the quality of personal interaction and whether or not it reveals the spirit of ubuntu21:29
Laibschthanks, hggdh21:29
highvoltageLaibsch's work is certainly good21:29
Laibschthat's a relief ;-)21:29
Seveashighvoltage, good to know :)21:29
LaibschSee, I'm not even sure I interacted with highvoltage21:30
Seveasvotes please21:30
SeveasI'm still at -121:30
popeyI'd say go for MOTU as that's most appropriate21:30
forumsmatthewI'll give +0 with a desire to see applicants set up their wiki pages according to requested guidelines21:30
popeyyes, sorry +021:30
forumsmatthewI also echo popey that MOTU might be a better path21:30
Seveashighvoltage, ?21:31
highvoltageI'm stuggling to decide between +0 and +121:31
highvoltagebut I also agree with the others and some testimonials would make it easier to give more +1's21:32
Seveashighvoltage, do you think it is more appropriate for Laibsch to go the MOTU route when reapplying?21:32
highvoltageit would probably be more appropriate, but I have absolutely no objections if he re-applies with us with a more complete wiki page21:33
Laibschto me that comment sounds like "you're overqualified", I don't really understand that.  It's a bit weird to see that as ground for rejection.  Becoming a member does not preclude me from becoming a MOTU later.  Just my 2ยข21:34
SeveasLaibsch, sorry to disappoint you, but you'll have to come back another time21:34
highvoltageLaibsch: working with the MOTU team may make it easier to prove work that was done within the team though21:34
SeveasLaibsch, it's more that the MOTU can judge your contributions better than we can21:34
highvoltageLaibsch: that's definitely not the case21:34
Laibschnot sure that's the case21:34
Seveasanyway, let's move on21:35
SeveasvoRia, *now* you're up21:35
Laibschgood night21:35
highvoltageLaibsch: thanks to you too21:35
voRiaI'm the founder and the mantainer of the 'Linux On My Samsung' project21:35
SeveasvoRia, what kind of work did you do within the ubuntu teams?21:35
voRiathe project aims to help users to get a better experience with ubuntu (and other distro too as well) on samsung netbooks/notebooks21:36
voRiaactually, not that much21:36
voRiathe project has born as individual21:36
voRianot aimed to ubuntu21:36
SeveasvoRia, ubuntu membership is a recognition of a sustained and significant contribution to Ubuntu21:36
forumsmatthewSadly, I'm again not seeing enough information on the wiki page to evaluate. There are no testimonials from Ubuntu members/teams. There are no details about sustained contributions to Ubuntu.21:36
forumsmatthewI'm sorry, I have to -121:36
Seveasall I see is an upstream project, this does not qualify21:36
highvoltagevoRia: I looked at the LP page for samsung-tools, it looks like a really good project but it seems like you've mostly really been active for a month or so?21:36
voRiathe fact is, 99% of the work I do is for ubuntu21:37
voRiahighvoltage: the project has born more than a yer ago21:37
voRiai provide fixed packages for ubuntu on the repository since intrepid release21:37
popeyI'm inclined to agree. This looks like a worthwhile project, especially for those who are owners of these specific Samsung devices, but I'd like to see more contribution directly to Ubuntu.21:38
popey-1 from me for now.21:38
voRiapopey: this what I've applied for21:38
voRiaI want to integrate my work in ubuntu in a better way21:38
highvoltagevoRia: your work looks good but your wiki page makes it incredibly hard to judge21:38
highvoltage-1 from me too21:39
SeveasvoRia, Ubuntu membership is not a requirement for that, quite the contrary21:39
forumsmatthewperhaps there is a misunderstanding of what membership is and does. It is designed to recognize contribution and participation, not a first step21:39
Seveasif you have problems getting your software integrated with ubuntu, please talk to the MOTU21:39
Seveasanyway, -4 means we move on again21:39
Seveasivarela, you're up now21:39
voRiawell ok21:40
ivarelahi to all21:40
Seveashi ivarela, please introduce yourself21:40
highvoltagevoRia: if you need more advice on your wiki page feel free to contact any of us after the meeting21:40
ivarelaFirst of all, I want apologize me about my english level21:40
voRiahighvoltage: ok, thanks21:40
ivarelathere is little to say about me: I'm a member of softastur, a community who works for free software in asturian language21:41
ivarelaI heard about Ubuntu 3 years ago, and we started translating it.21:41
forumsmatthewwow, look at all that translation work!21:41
ivarelaWe had few resources, and we coordinate and optimize our resources working in softastur.  I am proud to say that a few years ago very few people knew Ubuntu in Asturias, and now this issue has changed.21:41
SeveasI'm impressed21:41
ivarelaforumsmatthew: we are a very little group,21:42
highvoltageivarela: at what kind of institutions do you do your talks and what topics do you cover?21:42
Seveasgood contributions, well documented, good recommendations and launchpad info21:42
ivarelaso we must work too much.21:42
Seveas+1, you made it easy for me, thanks :)21:42
forumsmatthewThis is an example of someone doing real and sustained work and documenting it well. He also has good testimonials. The wiki is simple, but effective21:42
forumsmattheweasy +1 from me21:42
highvoltageI guess I can ask ivarela again after the meeting :)21:43
highvoltage+1 from me too21:43
popeyYup, great work, great testimonials! +121:43
Seveas+4, excellent21:43
Seveaswelcome to the dark side, ivarela!21:44
ivarelathank you very much21:44
SeveasRespawner, you're up!21:44
Respawnerwell, hello everyone21:44
RespawnerI'm Guillaume, a French guy, using Ubuntu since 2006, member of the ubuntu-fr community, writer on the ubuntu-fr planet, doing some translations work, contributor to java-gnome (coordination with Debian and Ubuntu packagers & coding of course)21:45
Respawneralso writer for GNU/Linux Magazine21:45
highvoltageRespawner: just catching up on your blog... I also loved the 80's style Fringe episode ;)21:45
Respawnerhighvoltage: nice isn't it :p21:46
RespawnerMy blog is all french (sorry about that :))21:46
SeveasRespawner, where do you say you spend more time: ubuntu-fr or java-gnome?21:46
Respawnerboth actually, I wrote on the planet regularly and spend time on the forum of course, in java-gnome I try to keep the package up to date in a PPA and do some code21:47
SeveasRespawner, why aren't there any recommendations/testimonials from other ubuntu-fr members on your wikipage?21:48
Respawnermy articles in GNU/Linux magazine France are tutorials written for Ubuntu in general21:48
RespawnerSeveas: I would love to have a testimonial from onkarshinde, but I was not able to catch him21:49
RespawnerI worked with him for the java-gnome package21:49
highvoltageRespawner: it's great that you maintain your ppa so well, why haven't you gotten any of your work into the Ubuntu archives yet?21:50
SeveasI'm leaning towards +1 but need a bit more convincing21:50
RespawnerSeveas: sadly I have no reference from ubuntu-fr (I didn't ask actually)21:50
SeveasRespawner, why didn't you ask?21:50
Respawnerhighvoltage: I would love that, that's why I want to adopt java-gnome package in the future21:51
RespawnerSeveas: I forgot and don't think about it21:52
Seveashighvoltage, popey, forumsmatthew: can I have a vote please?21:53
popeyI'd like to see some more testimonials really21:53
popeyespecially given how huge the french ubuntu community is, can't be that hard :)21:53
forumsmatthewI am struggling. Again, I would like more testimonials from people in the Ubuntu world.21:53
highvoltage+1, I just want to suggest to Respawner that he gets his packages into revu and into universe21:53
forumsmatthewI have to +0 for now21:53
Seveas+0 too21:54
popeyif he's going to go for putting packages in revu/universe then surely MOTU makes more sense?21:54
Seveaspopey, well, he's doing lots in ubuntu-fr too, so here makes sense too21:55
highvoltagepopey: if he's specifically interested in MOTU, then yes. if he only cares about his own packages then it might not21:55
popeyI'm going to say +0, and come back with more testimonials I'm afraid.21:55
SeveasRespawner, please get some ubuntu-fr testimonials and come back next month, shouold be a breeze then21:55
highvoltageRespawner: either way, please get some comments from people you have worked with and re-apply! Also consider following the MOTU route for membership if you have broader packaging interests.21:56
RespawnerSeveas: sure, thank you anyway :)21:56
SeveasHardDisk, you're up next (and last on the agenda)21:56
Respawnerhighvoltage: I will consider that21:56
Seveasidle time 13h, we can assume he's not here21:57
Seveasso, almost end of meeting.21:58
forumsmatthewLet me then say as we close that it has been a privilege and honor to serve with all of you on the board.21:58
SeveasIt's been very nice working with you all over the past 2 years!21:58
popeythanks forumsmatthew !21:58
Seveasor was it one year?21:58
Seveasanyway, I enjoyed it!21:58
forumsmatthewFor me it was two21:58
popeywill you be at UDS forumsmatthew ?21:58
SeveasI will not :(21:58
highvoltageforumsmatthew: thanks for serving on the board, you've been great!21:58
popeyexcellent, we shall celebrate the good times21:58
SeveasEnjoy UDS!21:58
popeyI shall have some kwak for you Seveas :)21:59
Seveaspopey, that's a very good idea, but try not to limit yourself to kwak. Belgium has more :)21:59
forumsmatthewI look forward to working with each of you again in the future in other facets of the community.21:59
Seveastry at least karmeliet tripel for instance21:59
highvoltageok I'm off, thanks everyone and goodnight!22:00
czajkowskihighvoltage: nn22:00
forumsmatthewbye, everyone!22:00
Seveasso, what happens next for the emea board?22:00
Seveaswho decides who will be on the board in the next 2 years?22:00
popeyvotes are almost all in22:00
highvoltagenight czajkowski22:00
popeycc will announce shortly22:00
forumsmatthewSeveas, I believe the CC is going to sort through the applications and announce22:00
popeyshould be tomorrow22:00
TechnovikingSeveas: the CC is almost finished voting22:00
highvoltageSeveas: I guess we wait for the CC to choose the new members?22:00
popeySeveas: you doing the ~ubuntumembers thing? :)22:03
SeveasI shall22:04
TechnovikingAnyone here for the CC meeting, there is nothing on the agenda22:04
cjohnstonim here to watch it22:04
TechnovikingAnyone got any questions or concerns for the Community Council, many of the member will be at UDS and there will be many community and goverance session during that week22:06
* mdke arrives late22:06
cjohnstonfinishing the vote ;-)22:06
Technovikinghello mdke :)22:07
mdkeTechnoviking: heya :)22:08
mdkeagenda's looking nice and tidy22:08
TechnovikingOk, I guess we will call it, be sure to particpate at UDS remotely if you can not attend next week.22:10
popeythat was quick22:10
mdkeah hey popey22:10
popeyhullo mdke pleia222:10
pleia2hey popey22:11
mdkewow, great turnout22:11
* highvoltage pops back in for a final scare before going to bed22:12
Technovikingmdke: we had a quorum:)22:13
mdkeperhaps we should take some decisions in the absence of any agenda22:14
Technovikingmdke: like what?22:16
mdkequick show of hands for renaming Ubuntu One?22:17
* mdke slinks off22:17
highvoltagemdke: where did everyone go to suddenly!?22:17
mdkeeveryone has their hands up, can't touch the keyboard22:18
popeyyou subversive little thing22:19
mdkethat's me22:19
HardDisksorry I was away :( I had to be with my cousin, had a small emergency23:25
HardDiskI missed my membership I apologize, but family comes first.23:26
HardDiskI suppose I will have to reschedule again if it's too late.23:26
HardDiskconsidering its 1:26am Cairo time23:27
HardDiskHope to get my chance next time.23:34

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!