=== freeflyi1g is now known as freeflying
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
lifelesspersia: when are we meeting?11:14
* Daviey ponders14:59
DavieyWho is here for the -server meeting?15:01
jamespageDaviey: I think you might be early?15:02
Davieycrikey.. you are correct.  I'm working on UTC today it seems, you are on UTC+115:02
* patdk-wk is still here from the last -server meeting15:22
* utlemming is here for the -server meeting16:00
Davieysmoser: around16:02
Davieyserge_: Is your net suitable to drive, as it looks like smoser is absent?16:03
* serge_ waits another minute for smoser to come and take charge16:03
utlemmingI though smoser is out for a couple of days16:04
serge_well we have Daviey and Ursinha  and myself, did i miss more waves?  or do we not have a quorum?16:04
utlemmingAt least that is what the calendar says16:04
serge_np, i'll run it.  if it's worth running16:04
serge_zul: around?16:04
Davieyserge_: please do.16:04
serge_don't see adam,16:05
serge_well, allright16:05
MootBotMeeting started at 11:05. The chair is serge_.16:05
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:05
serge_[TOPIC] Review ACTION points from previous meeting16:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Review ACTION points from previous meeting16:05
serge_sommer and j1mc to look at doc presentation16:05
serge_sommer1: \o16:05
serge_hm, guess i'll defer16:06
sommer1serge_:  Still working on that :-)16:06
serge_ah.  ok.  any sort of progress to report in the meeting notes?16:06
serge_[ACTION] sommer and j1mc to look at doc presentation (continued)16:06
MootBotACTION received:  sommer and j1mc to look at doc presentation (continued)16:06
sommer1serge_: unfortunately there isn't any news at this time16:06
serge_sommer1: ok, thanks16:06
serge_[TOPIC] Oneiric Development16:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Oneiric Development16:06
serge_over to Daviey16:07
=== pleia2_ is now known as pleia2
DavieyHoping everyone has recovered from last week, where many of us got together to try and sort out some issues.16:07
DavieyShort one this week.16:07
DavieyOur generic overview is:16:07
MootBotLINK received:  http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-oneiric/group/topic-oneiric-server-overview.html16:07
Daviey(notice the rise)16:07
DavieyAlpha 2 is this week.  We should strive to all take it for a spin, and report bugs as neccessary. Note, that handling our incoming bug count is a priority.  However, feature development also needs tackling.16:07
DavieyI imagine most people are aware of work they need to undertake, but please give me a ping if you are in any way uncertain.16:08
DavieyThanks all!16:08
serge_worth an action?16:08
serge_[ACTION] all: test alpha216:08
MootBotACTION received:  all: test alpha216:08
serge_why not16:09
serge_onward then16:09
serge_[TOPIC] Ubuntu Server Team Events16:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Ubuntu Server Team Events16:09
serge_any to bring up?16:09
serge_team-wide hangover week?16:09
DavieyNothing of major interest is jumping out at me.16:09
serge_ok, moving on16:10
serge_[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)16:10
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)16:10
serge_hggdh: around?16:10
serge_hopefully enjoying some r&r.  moving on16:11
serge_[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)16:11
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)16:11
smbNothing in particular to bring up16:11
smbbut open to questions16:11
serge_any questions for smb?16:11
serge_ok, thanks.  moving on,16:12
serge_[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (NCommander)16:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (NCommander)16:12
serge_NCommander: around?16:12
DavieyNCommander: on holiday16:12
Daviey(is on)16:13
serge_thx :)  moving on16:13
serge_[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community16:13
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community16:13
serge_any issues/updates/issues to bring up?16:13
serge_those crickets are too loud16:14
serge_[TOPIC] Open Discussion16:14
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion16:14
Davieym_3, utlemming and Ursinha ... welcome to the team!16:14
m_3new guy says hi16:15
m_3Daviey: thanks16:15
DavieyJoining the ranks of the Server Team this month were Ben Howard (utlemming), who will mainly be tasked with building upon the success of the cloud images. Mark Mims (m_3), who is already knee deep in ensemble (additionally sporting the best side burns in the team). Ursula Junque (Ursinha) joined as the defect analyst (poached from Launchpad QA), and is already doing a great job of showing us where we fail.16:15
RoAkSoAxm_3: utlemming Ursinha welcome!!16:15
jamespagewelcome to the team guys!16:15
utlemmingexcited to be here (well, virtual here anyway)16:15
serge_i gather the sprint rocked?16:16
Davieyserge_: sure did!16:17
serge_alrighty, let's wrap this one up16:17
serge_[TOPIC] Announce next meeting date and time16:17
MootBotNew Topic:  Announce next meeting date and time16:17
serge_Tuesday 2011-07-12 at 1600 UTC16:17
serge_(had to check my calendar :)16:17
serge_thanks all.16:17
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:18.16:18
Daviey(shortest meeting ever)16:18
smbLets see whether we can beat that today with our speedmaster away... :)16:20
apwsmb, oh we can do fast16:55
smbNo doubt on that. Though not the usual people this time. So it may be a tad slower16:56
apwyou are assuming i will wait for you :)16:57
smbGiven that list you have to wait for the ouput queue to drain at least. :)16:57
apwit seems unlikely we will set a new record16:58
apwi am not usain bold16:58
apwi am not usain bolt16:58
* cking notes we need to type faster16:59
* smb counts down the last minute16:59
MootBotMeeting started at 12:00. The chair is apw.17:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]17:00
apw## This is the Ubuntu Kernel Team weekly status meeting.17:00
apw[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting17:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting17:00
apw# Meeting Etiquette17:00
apw# NOTE: '..' indicates that you are finished with your input.17:00
apw#       'o/' indicates you have something you'd like to add (wait until you are recognized)17:00
apw[TOPIC] ARM Status (ppisati)17:00
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Status (ppisati)17:00
ppisatiKernel development: usual CVE fixes across different branches.17:00
ppisatiOneiric/ti-omap4: we reached an agreement with agreen/linaro to get the TI BSP on top of a vanilla kernel, as a result a new oneiric/master-next-based kernel is in the work - see git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ppisati/ubuntu-oneiric.git ti-omap4-next. Still a WIP, kernel panics on boot ATM, do not use.17:00
apw[TOPIC] Release Metrics and Incoming Regressions (smb)17:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Release Metrics and Incoming Regressions (smb)17:01
smb=== Release Metrics ===17:01
smb[LINK] http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/kt-meeting.txt17:01
smb==== oneiric nominated bugs ====17:01
smb * 30 linux kernel bugs (up 10)17:01
smb==== Ubuntu oneiric-alpha-2 bugs ====17:01
MootBotLINK received:  http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/kt-meeting.txt17:01
smb * 1 linux kernel bugs (up 1)17:01
smb==== oneiric-updates bugs ====17:01
smb * 0 linux kernel bugs (no change 0)17:01
smb==== natty-updates bugs ====17:01
smb * 24 linux kernel bugs (down 1)17:01
smb==== maverick-updates bugs ====17:01
smb * 3 linux kernel bugs (no change 0)17:01
smb==== lucid-updates bugs ====17:01
smb * 8 linux kernel bugs (no change 0)17:01
smb==== hardy-updates bugs ====17:01
smb * 0 linux kernel bugs (no change 0)17:01
smb=== Incoming Bugs ===17:01
smb * 33 oneiric bugs (up 5)17:01
smb * 1367 natty bugs (up 21)17:01
smb * 1119 maverick bugs (up 3)17:01
smb * 1036 lucid bugs (up 4)17:01
smb * 39 hardy bugs (up 1)17:01
smb=== Regressions ===17:01
smb==== regression-update bugs ====17:01
smb * 0 oneiric bugs (no change 0)17:01
smb * 5 natty bugs (no change 0)17:01
smb * 43 maverick bugs (up 1)17:01
smb * 81 lucid bugs (up 2)17:02
smb * 0 hardy bugs (no change 0)17:02
smb==== regression-release bugs ====17:02
smb * 1 oneiric bugs (up 1)17:02
smb * 447 natty bugs (down 3)17:02
smb * 246 maverick bugs (down 1)17:02
smb * 224 lucid bugs (no change 0)17:02
smb * 2 hardy bugs (no change 0)17:02
smb==== regression-proposed bugs ====17:02
smb * 0 oneiric bugs (no change 0)17:02
smb * 2 natty bugs (no change 0)17:02
smb * 1 maverick bugs (no change 0)17:02
smb * 0 lucid bugs (no change 0)17:02
smb * 0 hardy bugs (no change 0)17:02
apw[TOPIC] BluePrint: other-kernel-o-ubuntu-delta-review (apw)17:02
MootBotNew Topic:  BluePrint: other-kernel-o-ubuntu-delta-review (apw)17:02
apwThe remaining work items here are all tasks to review and upstream patches;17:02
apwapw, lag, manjo, rsalveti, and tgardner please review your item and push17:02
apwit out to oneiric-alpha-3 if you are not going to complete it this week.17:02
apw[TOPIC] BluePrint: other-kernel-o-version-and-flavours (ogasawara)17:02
MootBotNew Topic:  BluePrint: other-kernel-o-version-and-flavours (ogasawara)17:02
apwNothing outstanding for oneiric-alpha-2.17:02
apw[TOPIC] BluePrint: other-kernel-o-server-requirements (smb)17:03
MootBotNew Topic:  BluePrint: other-kernel-o-server-requirements (smb)17:03
smbXen items done17:03
smbseccomp in progress17:03
apw[TOPIC] Status: Development Kernel Team (apw)17:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: Development Kernel Team (apw)17:03
apw[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Oneiric17:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Oneiric17:03
apwOverall we are progressing well, the kernel is stabalising nicely and17:03
apwregressions and bugs seem tractable at this time.  We have a number of17:03
apwoutstanding tasks for oneiric-alpha-2 which likely will slip further,17:03
apwmost are upstreaming tasks and as such not release critical.17:03
apw[TOPIC] Development kernels - Oneiric (apw)17:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Development kernels - Oneiric (apw)17:03
apwThe oneiric kernel is currently at 3.0-3.4 which is based on 3.0-rc5 from17:03
apwmainline.  As well as the mainline kernel update this kernel also dropped17:04
apwthe ARM versatile flavour which is deprecated.17:04
apwWe are in milestone freeze for oneiric-alpha-2 which releases this upcoming17:04
apwthursday.  We expect to upload an upstream 3.0-rc6 kernel as soon as the17:04
apwfreeze lifts.17:04
apw[TOPIC] Status: Stable Kernel Team (herton)17:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: Stable Kernel Team (herton)17:04
hertonThe commits responsible for the known regressions in Lucid and Natty17:04
hertonwere identified, so their kernel packages are not being held anymore. So17:04
hertoneverything is progressing so far in the SRU workflow process.17:04
hertonStatus now is:17:04
herton* Hardy: kernel in -proposed is in verification. One bug remaining to17:04
herton  be verified.17:04
herton* Lucid: Currently in verification. In the end of verification phase it17:04
herton  should progress to qa/regression testing and for security-signoff.17:04
herton* Maverick: Currently in verification. No regressions so far. Two bugs17:04
herton  remaining to be verified.17:04
herton* Natty: Passed verification, security-signoff done. Waiting for17:04
herton  regression-testing to start, and going through certification testing.17:04
herton* Current SRU status is here:17:04
herton  http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html17:04
apw[TOPIC] Security & bugfix kernels - Natty/Maverick/Lucid/Hardy (herton)17:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Security & bugfix kernels - Natty/Maverick/Lucid/Hardy (herton)17:04
herton|| Current Kernel versions are always available here: http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/versions.html17:05
herton|| Package                                    || Upd/Sec              || Proposed             ||  TiP || Verified ||17:05
herton||                                            ||                      ||                      ||      ||          ||17:05
herton|| hardy    linux                             || 2.6.24-29.90         || 2.6.24-29.91         ||    4 ||        3 ||17:05
herton|| lucid    linux-meta-lts-backport-natty     ||                      ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:05
herton|| ---      linux-ec2                         || 2.6.32-316.31        || 2.6.32-317.34        ||    3 ||        3 ||17:05
herton|| ---      linux-lts-backport-natty          ||                      || 2.6.38-10.44~lucid1  ||    1 ||        1 ||17:05
herton|| ---      linux-ports-meta                  ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:05
herton|| ---      linux-meta-lts-backport-maverick  ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:05
herton|| ---      linux-lts-backport-maverick       || 2.6.35-25.44~lucid1  || 2.6.35-30.54~lucid1  ||   21 ||       21 ||17:05
herton|| ---      linux-meta                        ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:05
herton|| ---      linux-firmware                    || 1.34.7               || 1.34.10              ||    0 ||        0 ||17:05
herton|| ---      linux                             || 2.6.32-32.62         || 2.6.32-33.69         ||    3 ||        3 ||17:05
herton|| ---      linux-backports-modules-2.6.32    || 2.6.32-32.32         || 2.6.32-33.33         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:05
herton|| ---      linux-meta-ec2                    ||        ||        ||    0 ||        0 ||17:05
herton|| maverick linux-mvl-dove                    || 2.6.32-416.33        || 2.6.32-417.34        ||    6 ||        6 ||17:05
herton|| ---      linux-meta-mvl-dove               ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:05
herton|| ---      linux-firmware17:05
apwherton, that looks to be truncated ...17:06
herton|| 1.38.6               || 1.38.8               ||    1 ||        0 ||17:06
herton|| ---      linux                             || 2.6.35-30.54         || 2.6.35-30.55         ||    2 ||        0 ||17:06
herton|| natty    linux-meta-ti-omap4               ||                      ||        ||    0 ||        0 ||17:06
herton|| ---      linux-backports-modules-2.6.38    ||                      || 2.6.38-10.6          ||    0 ||        0 ||17:06
herton|| ---      linux-firmware                    ||                      || 1.52.1               ||    0 ||        0 ||17:06
herton|| ---      linux                             ||                      || 2.6.38-10.46         ||   15 ||       15 ||17:06
herton|| ---      linux-ti-omap4                    ||                      || 2.6.38-1209.13       ||   10 ||       10 ||17:06
herton|| ---      linux-meta                        ||                      ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:06
hertonsorry, indeed it missed the last part17:06
apw[TOPIC] Open discussion17:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Open discussion17:06
apwIf you have any work items for oneiric-alpha-2 please review them and push them out if they are not going to make it.17:07
apwok thanks everyone17:07
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:07.17:07
ckingnice one17:07
kamalthanks apw17:07
=== Guest14447 is now known as MichealH
=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== |v|4554cR3 is now known as BlackFile
mmgc84hello :)18:46
di3gopammgc84, hello =D18:57
emont01hello di3gopa and mmgc8419:02
emont01big day di3gopa,I hope that everything goes well19:05
di3gopaemont01, thanks!!19:05
emont01I am next, hope so!19:06
di3gopaemont01, yeah!19:07
MenopiaHi all19:13
emont01Hi Menopia19:16
Menopiaemont01, When the meeting will start :)19:17
cyphermoxstill 45 minutes to go afaik19:17
mmgc84hello di3gopa y emont0119:55
di3gopammgc84, :)19:56
mmgc84estaba dormido :)19:56
mmgc84se habla español en esta sala??19:57
alucardnimmgc84: por el momento, cuando empiece la reunión solo "inglish"19:58
elopiommgc84: yo hablo español :)19:58
highvoltagegood evening19:59
emont01eso pensé, gracias por aclararlo alucardni :D19:59
MichealHHey highvoltage19:59
alucardniemont01: ;-)19:59
ProcessingqbitsAssalamu Alaikum?19:59
thelinuxerProcessingqbits: wsA :)19:59
thelinuxerdi3gopa: it means peace be upon you :)20:00
mmgc84que se hizo elopio ?????20:00
di3gopathelinuxer, oooh nice!20:00
elopiommgc84, _o/20:00
mmgc84que nota elopio x)20:01
thelinuxerWhen should the meeting start ?20:01
highvoltagestgraber, cyphermox, nhandler, ogra_: it's time!20:01
highvoltageWelcome to this month's EMEA Regional Board Meeting.20:01
highvoltageCandidates will be able to present themselves one by one in order of the agenda on the wiki page.20:01
highvoltageOnly board members can vote.20:02
cyphermoxI should be here for a fifteen minutes now, then probably on my phone or so.20:02
highvoltageIf you'd like to show your support for an applicant, please wait until it is their turn.20:02
highvoltageCandidates should prepare an introduction of 1-5 sentences and also have a prepared wiki page for their application.20:02
highvoltageok thanks cyphermox20:02
highvoltagedo we have quorum?20:02
MenopiaHi all again...20:02
popeyhello highvoltage20:02
* nhandler is here20:03
highvoltageoops, sorry popey I accidentally left you out20:03
stgraberI'm around though quite busy, so if we can get quorum without me that'd be great, otherwise I'll try to be around to vote20:03
=== cking is now known as cking-afk
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
ogra_same here ... A2 on the horizon is not a good time20:04
highvoltagepopey: can you drive LP?20:04
popeyas in add members?20:05
highvoltagewe have quorum for now so let's start20:05
highvoltagepopey: yep20:05
MootBotMeeting started at 15:05. The chair is highvoltage.20:05
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]20:05
highvoltage[TOPIC] Menopia20:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Menopia20:05
highvoltageMenopia: you're up, please tell us about yourself20:06
MenopiaMy name is Islam Wazery .. I am a Game Developer now and a Student of Computer Scinece faculty.20:06
Menopiaand I am trying as much as I can to be an active member in the Egyptian LoCo team which I joind in 2010 (its actual revival date :D).20:06
MenopiaI am participating with them in every event we do .. like install fests, release parties Ubuntu Hours & code jams and all of the team meetings.20:06
MenopiaI try to design all the neccessary desings for the team events .. the artwork page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EgyptTeam/Artwork.20:07
iulianOups, forgot again.  Sorry I'm late guys.20:07
MenopiaAlso I am trying to convince as much peapole as I could with the Open Source and Free software philosophy, including my colleagues and successfully presuaded my Head of the Department to use free software in our college and to include them in our curriculum and it was not easy at all so we made an event (install fest) in our college which he attended and offerd a lab to be ours :) in order to install Ubuntu and free software on it and use it freel20:07
Menopiay to give sessions.20:07
nhandlerMenopia: I see you are part of the Desktop Bugs team. Do you do any triage work?20:08
Menopiaare you cheking my wiki page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Wazery?20:08
highvoltageiulian: you're just in time20:08
MenopiaI am trying to participate in launchpad ... but to be honest not as the real life participation with my LoCo20:08
nhandlerMenopia: Have you thought about helping out with the Ubuntu Artwork team ?20:09
MenopiaActually I did and I have some designs that I published20:10
popeyWhat was the content of the course you designed? Is the content publicly available?20:10
=== Urik is now known as UrikPA
Menopiayes I will try yo make it available for you20:10
Menopiajust a minute20:10
popeydid Cairo University use the content?20:11
highvoltageMenopia: from your wiki page I see you've done very broad work. is there something you have done as part of the Ubuntu project you're particularly proud of?20:11
highvoltage(broad as in, broader than ubuntu specifically)20:11
* njin testing20:11
MenopiaI am trying to do some bug reporting and participating with the artwork team20:12
popeyhttps://bugs.launchpad.net/~al-wazery not a huge amount of bug work.20:12
=== egyparadox_ is now known as EgyParadox
Menopiayes as I said my main work is Locally with my LoCo team20:13
* highvoltage has no other questions20:13
Menopiathe course link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EgyptTeam/Events/2010-07-03-SummerTraining?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=Cairo.odp20:14
popeythanks Menopia20:14
highvoltageready to vote?20:14
highvoltage[VOTE] menopia20:15
MootBotPlease vote on:  menopia.20:15
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot20:15
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting20:15
MootBotAbstention received from iulian. 0 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 020:15
MootBot+1 received from ogra_. 1 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 120:15
highvoltage+0 [ good effort and great feedback from peers, but would like to see more work done within the ubuntu project itself ]20:15
MootBotAbstention received from highvoltage. 1 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 120:15
MootBot+1 received from popey. 2 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 220:15
MootBotAbstention received from stgraber. 2 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 220:15
MootBot+1 received from nhandler. 3 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 320:15
MootBot+1 received from mgamal. 4 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 420:16
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 3 abstained. Total: 420:16
highvoltagemgamal: only EMEA RMB members may vote20:16
highvoltagecount: +320:16
mgamalsorry :)20:16
cyphermoxgah, I fail. sorry, mine would be +1 ;)20:16
highvoltagecyphermox: ah sorry20:17
highvoltagecount is +4 then20:17
=== k is now known as Guest21480
highvoltage[AGREED] +4 for Menopia, welcome and congratulations20:17
MootBotAGREED received:  +4 for Menopia, welcome and congratulations20:17
nhandlerCongratulations Menopia20:17
thelinuxerMenopia: congratulations Menopia :)20:17
amahdyCongrattts =)20:17
popeyadded to ~ubuntumembers20:17
elopioI wuold love to have this shirt. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EgyptTeam/Artwork?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=t-shirt2-small.png20:17
mgamalcongrats menopia :)20:18
cyphermoxkeep up the work :)20:18
kim0Menopia: woohoo \o/20:18
MenopiaThanks all :D20:18
TheNightPhoenixyahoo congrats menopia20:18
Processingqbitscongrats Menopia20:18
atourinocongratulations Menopia20:18
elopiocongrats Menopia20:18
UrikPAcongratulations :D20:18
ashamsMenopia: congratulations Menopia :)20:18
mmgc84:) congrats Menopia20:18
popeyhaha, yeah, nice shirt20:18
cyphermoxelopio: indeed, that's a nice shirt20:18
highvoltageis laoshi present?20:18
MenopiaI will try my best with the Ubuntu project itself :D20:18
=== ra02c is now known as amon0thoth1
highvoltage[TOPIC] njin20:18
MootBotNew Topic:  njin20:18
popeyyou missed one highvoltage ?20:18
popeyoh, i see20:19
highvoltagenjin: please introduce yourself20:19
=== amon0thoth1 is now known as ra02c
njinHello sorry i'm burning a cd20:19
njinwell i'm an active testing member, bug triager etc20:19
highvoltageaparently :)20:19
nhandlernjin: Any plans to go for Bug Control?20:20
ogra_and you have a nice testimonial from pedro too :)20:20
popeyI have no questions.20:20
* ogra_ neither20:20
* iulian neither.20:20
popeynice amount of karma you have there20:20
njinyes, is on my plan, but i'm evaluating because pidgin isn't an easy package20:21
highvoltagenjin: since you're burning cd's even during the meeting :)20:21
njiniis full of plugin and i've to think well before20:21
* nhandler is ready20:21
highvoltage[VOTE] njin (note: RMB members may only vote)20:21
MootBotPlease vote on:  njin (note: RMB members may only vote).20:21
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot20:21
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting20:21
njini'm testing and t20:21
MootBot+1 received from ogra_. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 120:21
highvoltage+1 [ great QA work ]20:21
MootBot+1 received from highvoltage. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 220:21
MootBot+1 received from cyphermox. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 320:21
MootBot+1 received from popey. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 420:21
popeyfantastic iso work, and lots of lovely karma20:22
MootBot+1 received from nhandler. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 520:22
MootBot+1 received from iulian. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 620:22
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 7 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 720:22
njini love you guy20:22
MootBotFinal result is 7 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 720:22
popeyAwesome work, keep it up!20:22
aepereztnjin, congrats20:22
highvoltage[AGREED] +7 for njin, congratulations and welcome!20:23
MootBotAGREED received:  +7 for njin, congratulations and welcome!20:23
di3gopanjin, congrats20:23
UrikPAcongratz njin20:23
njini'm ubuntu now20:23
popeyadded to ~ubuntumembers20:23
elopioCongratulations njin.20:23
AlexoGeeknjin, congrats man20:23
mmgc84congrats! njin20:23
highvoltage[TOPIC[ mmgc8420:23
nhandlerCongrats njin20:23
highvoltagemmgc84: hi, could you please introduce yourself?20:23
* leogg is here cheering for mmgc84 20:23
mmgc84Hi there20:23
mmgc84:) my name is Marcelo Gutierrez20:23
* elopio is part of mmgc84's fan club.20:23
mmgc84current Nicaragua's LocoTeam20:24
* di3gopa it is to =D20:24
* madgab too :)20:24
* alucardni is here to cheer for mmgc84 20:24
mmgc84and I've been spreading ubuntu even in my dreams20:24
highvoltagegreat, any questions for mmgc84?20:24
popeymmgc84: what is the biggest challenge as the loco team leader?20:25
mmgc84Try to get more people involved20:26
popeymotivating them?20:26
mmgc84but we are doing a lot20:26
mmgc84we have new projects comming20:26
nhandlermmgc84: Of your many contributions, what are you the most proud of?20:26
mmgc84you give me the chance to explain about Floss and Ubuntu to someone and that's it20:27
mmgc84I do it because I love it20:27
mmgc84did I answer your question?20:28
highvoltageanything else before we proceed to vote?20:29
atourinommgc84: nhandler had a question20:29
mmgc84ok please go ahead20:29
nhandler1309897608 15:26:48 < nhandler> mmgc84: Of your many contributions, what are you the most proud of?20:29
mmgc84my lectures20:29
mmgc84that's the answer20:30
nhandlerDefinitely a veryimporant form of contributing20:30
highvoltage[VOTE] mmgc84 for Ubuntu membership20:31
MootBotPlease vote on:  mmgc84 for Ubuntu membership.20:31
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot20:31
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting20:31
MootBot+1 received from popey. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 120:31
MootBot+1 received from nhandler. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 220:31
MootBot+1 received from ogra_. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 320:31
MootBot+1 received from iulian. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 420:31
highvoltage+1 [ very active loco work where it's much needed ]20:31
MootBot+1 received from highvoltage. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 520:31
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 620:31
popeyAwesome loco work, keep it up!20:31
leoggmmgc84, felicidades mercucio!20:31
highvoltagecyphermox: still with us?20:31
* nomada is mmgc84's fan too...20:31
LoKoMurdoKcongratulation!! mmgc8420:32
mmgc84:) we will make the Loco better20:32
highvoltagenot that it makes a difference :)20:32
alucardnimmgc84: felicidades prix!!!20:32
MootBotFinal result is 6 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 620:32
elopiommgc84: felicidades compa.20:32
popeyadded to ~ubuntumembers20:32
mmgc84gracias a todos por estar aquí20:32
jdflorezPAmmgc84: felicidades :)20:32
highvoltage[AGREED] +6 for mmgc84. congratulations and welcome20:32
MootBotAGREED received:  +6 for mmgc84. congratulations and welcome20:32
DexterNicammgc84: Felicidades compa!!!20:32
MichealHWell done mmgc8420:32
UrikPAcongratz mmgc8420:33
highvoltagenice bunch of cheerleaders you have too :)20:33
mmgc84thank you :) I will make them proud20:33
highvoltage[TOPIC] elopio20:33
MootBotNew Topic:  elopio20:33
highvoltageelopio: Hi, please introduce yourself20:33
elopioMy name is Leo Arias. I'm from Costa Rica.20:33
leoggI'm here cheering for the great elopio as well! :)20:34
* di3gopa cheering elopio!20:34
elopioI work in quality assurance.20:34
mmgc84I'm here cheering elopio20:34
elopioand I've been trying to help ubuntu for some years now.20:34
popeyooo openbravo, cool project20:34
* amonthoth congrats elopio20:34
elopioI love the philosophy of sharing, and this amazing tool makes it a lot easier.20:34
emont01cheers elopio20:34
* jdflorezPA cheering for elopio too :)20:34
madgabcheers elopio :D20:34
popeygreat to see so many people here cheering !20:34
highvoltageelopio: why motu at end of 2012 and not end of 2011. you can do it!20:35
elopiopopey: Central American brothers and sisters :)20:35
elopiothere is a lovely community here. You should visit us20:35
popeyYes! I should!20:35
elopiohighvoltage: I have other goals that I think are more important.20:35
elopiobut I'll give it a try20:36
leoggelopio has done an amazing job with the Central American website ---> http://ubuntu-centroamerica.org/20:36
popeyHow will you increase participation in the loco elopio ?20:36
MichealHelopio: Nice to know people test the quality and stbility of Ubuntu :D20:36
elopiopopey: there are a lot of people using ubuntu in costa rica. But they are not part of the loco, they are from other communities20:37
popeyelopio: how will you reach out to them?20:37
elopioso we will try to invite them and promote participation during activities.20:37
elopioinstall fests, parties, sprints.20:37
LoKoMurdoKcheering elopio blessing20:37
elopiopopey: I'll write to the communities they are part of.20:38
elopiothat's the easy part. The hard part is to get them to launchpad.20:38
highvoltageanything further before we vote?20:38
iulianelopio: Good luck with that!20:38
iulianhighvoltage: Ready to vote here.20:38
popeyelopio: what's the bigger issue in costa rica, access to broadband, or the cost of software?20:38
popey(or something else)?20:39
elopiopopey: neither. I think that is education.20:39
leoggiulian, actually that's not so hard ;) ---> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-centroamerica20:39
popeywoah, nice size team20:39
iulianHm, I see, thanks leogg.20:40
=== aosama is now known as Pronco
popeyi have no other questions20:40
highvoltage[VOTE] elopio for Ubuntu membership20:40
MootBotPlease vote on:  elopio for Ubuntu membership.20:40
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot20:40
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting20:40
MootBot+1 received from popey. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 120:40
MootBot+1 received from iulian. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 220:40
MootBot+1 received from nhandler. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 320:40
popeygreat motivational work, keep going!20:40
highvoltage+1 [ great loco work ]20:40
MootBot+1 received from highvoltage. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 420:40
highvoltagestgraber, ogra_20:41
* popey tickles cyphermox too20:41
MootBot+1 received from ogra_. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 520:41
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 620:41
highvoltagecyphermox said that he'd have to go after a while, I'm assuming he's done so20:41
MootBotFinal result is 6 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 620:42
elopiowoohoo \o/20:42
leoggelopio, cervezaaaaaa!! :)20:42
elopiothanks board members and cheerleaders.20:42
jdflorezPAelopio: felicidades! Pura vida mae :)20:42
highvoltage[AGREED] +6 for elopio, congratulations and welcome!20:42
MootBotAGREED received:  +6 for elopio, congratulations and welcome!20:42
di3gopaelopio, congratis!!!20:42
LoKoMurdoKpura vida blessing20:42
alucardniFelicidades elopio !!!!20:42
elopioleogg: aquí hay una para vos :)20:42
dMaggotelopio: congrats!20:42
mmgc84congrats elopio x)20:42
leoggelopio, ;)20:42
* aeperezt bien eliopo20:42
UrikPAcongratz elopio  :D20:42
popey(added to ~ubuntumembers)20:42
highvoltage[TOPIC] di3gopa20:43
MootBotNew Topic:  di3gopa20:43
elopiobeers for everybody at my house!20:43
LoKoMurdoKcheering di3gopa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! blessing20:43
highvoltagedi3gopa: Hi, please introduce yourself20:43
* leogg is the president of the di3gopa official fan club! Go Panamá!20:43
mmgc84I'm here for di3gopa!20:43
di3gopahello highvoltage :) ok20:43
* aeperezt cheering di3gopa20:43
di3gopaHello everyone I am Diego Tejera, i have a software development company based on free/libre software20:43
* elopio go di3gopa go.20:43
emont01cheers di3gopa!20:43
* jdflorezPA cheering for di3gopa20:43
* AlexoGeek is for cheering di3gopa 20:43
di3gopaI have been involed with our local team since 2008 and in charge of the teaml since 2010. I have been actively helping to spread ubuntu in my country, i would really like to be an Ubuntu member to have some representation on our contry and help to make our community bigger.20:43
madgabcheers from El Salvador di3gopa :D !!20:43
UrikPA /me cheering di3gopa go di3gopa go :D!20:43
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
* di3gopa thanks everyone for cheering :)20:44
* kacm cheers for die3gopa! 20:44
* amonthoth heil di3gopa20:44
highvoltagedi3gopa: your wiki page lists the work you do outside of the ubuntu community20:45
* UrikPA go di3gopa20:45
popeyI can never quite get my head around how many people from around the world come together to cheer for someone :D20:45
highvoltagedi3gopa: but it's sparse on what you do *inside* of the ubuntu community20:45
highvoltagedi3gopa: could you perhaps tell us a bit more about your work as part of the ubuntu community?20:45
di3gopahighvoltage, sure20:45
popeyhttp://diegotejera.org/?p=26 is a nice example highvoltage20:45
MootBotLINK received:  http://diegotejera.org/?p=26 is a nice example highvoltage20:45
di3gopahighvoltage, i have been actively working to spread ubuntu in my country20:46
di3gopaand and charge of allmost of the artwork we do here20:46
di3gopaan example -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/39581720@N03/sets/72157623870565283/20:46
MootBotLINK received:  http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll12/dihego/ubuntu-pa.jpg20:46
emont01I have to say di3gopa has organized many events here in Panamá.20:46
di3gopawe have got lots of new users because of these activities20:47
highvoltagedi3gopa: in your blog you say that people are very excited about ubuntu at the events but that they forget very quickly afterwards. do you have any advice for people who are running their own ubuntu events on how to maintain enthusiasm?20:47
elopioexcuse Me. Please let me add this one: http://diegotejera.org/?p=5 di3gopa was in the beginning. That meeting is the reason we are all here :)20:48
MichealHI will BRB people20:48
di3gopahighvoltage, i think that they should get attendants emails and try to involve them in the activities20:48
di3gopato let them help so they can fill part of the community20:49
di3gopaaeperezt, teached me that :)20:49
leoggI agree with elopio... di3gopa has been *very* active in the Central American Ubuntu community20:49
highvoltageyep, that's indeed very important20:49
LoKoMurdoKDiego is a excellent person, promoter of free software in Panama and Central America. If you need help he will be there to support you. Is planner events for the community of free software. It is gratifying that we have people like him in the community.20:49
di3gopaThanks LoKoMurdoK :)20:49
dMaggotjust wanted to add briefly, b4 the votes20:50
highvoltageany further questions or comments before we vote?20:50
dMaggota testimonial that is hard to put in words in a Wikki20:50
dMaggotbesides di3gopa's being there since the begining20:51
dMaggot(and I think everyone here from flosspa, kacm ayaita UrikPA has received Ubuntu support from him)20:51
dMaggothe has been there for the floss commmunity in the ups and downs20:51
dMaggotand in the same spirit of Ubuntu20:51
dMaggothe has kept us united after all20:51
jdflorezPAdi3gopa helped me install my ubuntu for the first time20:51
di3gopathanks dMaggot :)20:52
dMaggotso if the council is to appoint anyone here in Panama, that should be him20:52
popeyjdflorezPA: and you're still using it? :D20:52
highvoltageyou'te going to make di3gopa cry here :)20:52
highvoltage[VOTE] di3gopa for Ubuntu membership20:52
MootBotPlease vote on:  di3gopa for Ubuntu membership.20:52
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot20:52
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting20:52
di3gopahighvoltage, hahaha yes20:52
UrikPAI have to say that di3gopa introduced me to ubuntu too20:52
atourinodi3gopa: is working on a cure for cancer20:52
atourinoi swear20:52
MootBot+1 received from popey. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 120:52
MootBot+1 received from nhandler. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 220:52
MootBot+1 received from ogra_. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 320:52
highvoltage+1 [ great loco work and great feedback from other loco team members ]20:52
MootBot+1 received from highvoltage. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 420:52
MootBot+1 received from iulian. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 520:52
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 620:52
MootBotFinal result is 6 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 620:53
leoggdi3gopa, felicidades!!20:53
LoKoMurdoKcongratulation di3gopa20:53
jdflorezPApopeye: yes20:53
mmgc84whoop whoop20:53
highvoltage[AGREED] +6 for di3gopa, Congratulations and Welcome20:53
MootBotAGREED received:  +6 for di3gopa, Congratulations and Welcome20:53
popeyas I said before, we greatly value people from the loco turning up to cheer their friends like this20:53
atourinocongrats :)20:53
dMaggotdi3gopa: there you go dude!20:53
PzPpma+1  4  di3gopa20:53
UrikPAcongratz di3gopa20:53
di3gopathanks everyone!! really thanks :D20:53
* dMaggot hails di3gopa once again xD20:53
BlackFiledi3gopa felicidades20:53
* jdflorezPA hails di3gopa20:53
iulianCongratulations di3gopa.20:53
PzPpmacongratz di3gopa!20:53
emont01congrats di3gopa!20:53
elopiofelicidades. Ahora sí, el siguiente paso es que ubuntu esté bajo dominio centroamericano.20:53
* amonthoth congratulations for diegopa20:53
mmgc84jajajaja x)20:53
* kacm congrats di3gopa! :D 20:53
highvoltagecentral america is in the house tonight!20:53
atourinow00t w00t!20:53
* iulian nods.20:54
di3gopahighvoltage, haha yes20:54
popeydi3gopa: is member 701 of ~ubuntumembers, elopio was member 700 :D20:54
di3gopareally thanks everyone :D20:54
highvoltage[TOPIC] GunnarHj20:54
MootBotNew Topic:  GunnarHj20:54
emont01yeah highvoltage!20:54
alucardnipopey: we are centralamerican brothers and sisters ;)20:54
atourinoyou're all invited to come and visit!20:54
GunnarHjHi all, I'm Gunnar Hjalmarsson, a Swedish fellow living in Gothenburg.20:54
GunnarHjRelatively new in the community - started to use Ubuntu a year ago.20:54
* UrikPA congratz di3gopa20:54
GunnarHjI like the sharing concept, and I have been involved in patching and bugfixing the desktop.20:54
PzPpmahi to dMaggot & UrikPa20:54
* amonthoth sawa bona, di3gopa20:54
PzPpmawelcome GunnarHj20:55
GunnarHj(Sorry for being late to the meeting, btw.)20:55
popeyyou're not late20:55
* highvoltage notices some language related uploads on https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj/+related-software as well20:56
GunnarHjOk. :)20:56
highvoltageGunnarHj: how did you get involved with translations? is there anyone you're working with? have you ever arranged any translation related events locally?20:57
GunnarHjAs regards translations, the Swedish team don't want any new members for the time being.20:58
highvoltagehow so?20:58
GunnarHjSuppose they are enough # to handle it.20:58
GunnarHjI think the Swedish translation team is one of the most active in the community.20:59
GunnarHjSo I have instead worked centrally so far.20:59
highvoltageany further questions or comments for GunnarHj?21:00
iulianNothing from me.21:00
nhandler+0/me is good21:01
highvoltage[VOTE] GunnarHj for Ubuntu membership21:02
MootBotPlease vote on:  GunnarHj for Ubuntu membership.21:02
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot21:02
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting21:02
MootBotAbstention received from nhandler. 0 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 021:02
MootBotAbstention received from popey. 0 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 021:02
popeyi'd like to see some more sustained contributions21:02
highvoltage+0 [ good translations work, but would like to see more co-operation and integration with the ubuntu community ]21:02
MootBotAbstention received from highvoltage. 0 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 021:02
popeymaybe some testimonials?21:02
sabdflhi all, CC when you're done21:02
ogra_+0 [i'm with popey (especially on teh testimonial bit]]21:03
MootBotAbstention received from ogra_. 0 for, 0 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now 021:03
MootBotAbstention received from iulian. 0 for, 0 against. 5 have abstained. Count is now 021:03
stgraber+0 [some testimonials would have made that a +1]21:03
MootBotAbstention received from stgraber. 0 for, 0 against. 6 have abstained. Count is now 021:03
MootBotFinal result is 0 for, 0 against. 6 abstained. Total: 021:03
GunnarHjOk, how should I interprete this?21:03
highvoltage[AGREED] +0 for GunnarHj.21:03
MootBotAGREED received:  +0 for GunnarHj.21:03
highvoltageGunnarHj: you didn't get membership this time. But we value your contributions and hope you apply again at some point in the future21:04
GunnarHjI see. Would some testimonials help?21:04
highvoltageGunnarHj: there are some comments and suggestions above, taking that in consideration will help you in a future application21:04
highvoltageGunnarHj: testimonials will help a great deal.21:04
iulianGunnarHj: Definitely.21:04
highvoltagesabdfl: sorry we're almost done21:05
GunnarHjWill do. Thanks for your time. Will apply later on. BFN21:05
highvoltage[TOPIC] MichealH21:05
MootBotNew Topic:  MichealH21:05
sabdflno worries21:05
highvoltageMichealH: I think there are some RMB board members who haven't met you yet, could you introduce yourself?21:05
MichealHHi I am Micheal Harker, You sould know me by now... (joke). I am a 14 year old Ubuntu Contributor, I beleive that my age does not restrict my activities on Ubuntu, and here I am today, I develop websites and software ,do IRC Stuff, I admin teams and I am the first one to call when people make teams. I would like you to view my (beautiful) wiki at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MichealH21:06
highvoltageMichealH: also, do you remember how many times you've applied for membership before?21:06
MichealH7... or so :P21:06
MichealHIts not the amount of tries that count :P21:06
highvoltagewhat have you changed or done since you last applied for membership?21:06
MichealHQuite a bit of stuff21:07
MichealHI have helped administrate many teams lot more21:07
MichealHI now try and get People intrested in Ubuntu AT :)21:07
MichealHDaniel0108 can tell you how great of a Admin I am :)21:08
Daniel0108Yeah, I have to admit that MichealH is the best admin I've ever seen and a funny and enjoyable guy. He helped us to set up the Ubuntu Austria LoCo team, even if he is not from Austria. Thank you :D21:08
MichealHI have spoken to my UBT Apprentice and I am going to soom put him towards UBT Membership21:09
highvoltageNo one has any questions or comments for MichealH?21:10
highvoltageMichealH: in the meantime, can you expand on what admin work you've done?21:10
MichealHI need to brb though21:11
MichealHGimme a mo21:11
highvoltagewe can't wait long, since we're running into another meeting already21:11
MichealHI help with projects outside of Ubuntu21:11
MichealHThey benifit Ubuntu in some way, shape or form21:12
MichealHThey benifit FOSS21:12
MichealHI have been elected as a IRC Operator on FOSSNet.... Which avocates Ubuntu highly21:12
MichealHThey do challenges that you can only do on Ubuntu21:12
highvoltagepopey, nhandler, stgraber, cyphermox, ogra_, iulian: ready to vote?21:13
* iulian is ready to vote.21:13
MichealHI also help on TouchLay21:13
MichealHDaniel0108 can tell you that if you like21:13
popeyUbuntu membership is more about (as I'm sure you're aware) a sustained and significan contribution to _ubuntu_ itself21:13
Daniel0108yeah, we at TouchLay use Ubuntu for everything :) We're also trying to get an Ubuntu partnership established, but that's another thing ;)21:13
Daniel0108popey: he also contributes actively into the Ubuntu Austria LoCo :)21:14
stgraberhighvoltage: sure21:14
popeyDaniel0108: in what way?21:15
Daniel0108popey: he does all the admin stuff21:15
popey"admin stuff"?21:15
MichealH-iPodOh man, I lost connection21:15
Daniel0108MichealH-iPod: explain them what you do at Ubuntu Austria :)21:15
MichealH-iPodI am their software leader21:15
popeywhat does that even mean?21:16
Daniel0108MichealH-iPod: ubuntu austria, not TouchLay ;)21:16
MichealH-iPodI develop apps for the Ubuntu Platform for TouchLay21:16
Daniel0108popey: he set up the IRC channel and some bots for us, at Ubuntu Austria. He is basically the maintainer of #ubuntu-at21:16
MichealH-iPodMay that be web or desktop21:16
MichealHI have a meeting bot for them there21:17
MichealHThe bot is highly wanted there21:17
highvoltageok, I think it's time we call a vote unless there's any objections?21:17
MichealHAnd its a official irc bot21:17
MichealH(Sorry for the disconnect)21:18
highvoltage[VOTE] MichaelH for Ubuntu membership21:18
MootBotPlease vote on:  MichaelH for Ubuntu membership.21:18
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot21:18
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting21:18
MootBotAbstention received from popey. 0 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 021:18
popeyI am failing to see sustained and significant contribution21:18
MootBot-1 received from iulian. 0 for, 1 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -121:18
highvoltageI'm really tempted to give him the benefit of a doubt, he's been really enthusiastic about membership and has contributed for a while.21:19
MichealHI will now be on my iPod21:19
MootBotAbstention received from stgraber. 0 for, 1 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now -121:19
MichealHNeed to go from the laptop21:19
highvoltage+0 [ good contributions but we need to see more evidence of sustained contributions on the membership application ]21:20
MootBotAbstention received from highvoltage. 0 for, 1 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now -121:20
MootBotAbstention received from ogra_. 0 for, 1 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now -121:20
MichealHSo its a no :(21:21
highvoltageMichealH: indeed. I'd like to add that a little patience might go a long way.21:21
highvoltageMichealH: I don't think you should apply for membership at consequitive meeting either. why not take a few months to really build up your ubuntu profile the best you can? and then apply again21:22
MootBotFinal result is 0 for, 1 against. 4 abstained. Total: -121:24
MichealH-iPodI just try to help21:24
popeythanks highvoltage21:24
MichealH-iPodThe best I can21:24
highvoltage[AGREED] -1 for membership for MichealH21:24
MootBotAGREED received:  -1 for membership for MichealH21:24
highvoltageMichealH-iPod: great. keep at it21:24
highvoltagethanks everyone, that concludes the meeting. congratulations and welcome to all the new members.21:24
iulianThanks highvoltage.21:25
stgraberthanks highvoltage21:25
elopiosorry guys.21:25
highvoltageelopio: np!21:25
elopiothanks for your time, members of the board.21:25
MootBotMeeting finished at 16:25.21:25
di3gopayes, thanks everyone!21:25
elopiohope to see you some time soon. *hugs*21:25
highvoltageoh and special thanks to the none-EMEA RMB members who stepped in while drubin and cz... uhm laura is on holiday!21:26
mmgc84MichealH-iPod keep it up!21:26
sabdflright, hello all, CC members in attendance?21:27
pleia2hello :)21:27
* persia waves21:27
sabdflhi all21:28
MootBotMeeting started at 16:28. The chair is pleia2.21:28
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]21:28
pleia2[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda21:28
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda21:28
pleia2so the only thing we have on the agenda is that the Asia Oceania Membership board hasn't met recently21:29
sabdflthe suggestion is to add two members21:29
* pleia2 nods21:29
sabdfli wonder whether we should first have monthly meetings in ONE of the proposed times21:30
persiaAs much as I'd like to believe simply adding folk would solve it, I think it more strongly needs leadership, which I've completely failed to provide in the past six weeks (since we last discussed it).21:30
pleia2persia: are you on the asia-oceania mailing list? paultag sent an email on June 21st asking if any applications were recevied (this would have been several months back)21:30
sabdfli'm generally inclined to give a governance group what it wants, but in this case it seems the issue is as much with existing members as with the shortage of additional ones21:31
persiavery much so.21:31
persiapleia2, There have been a few nominations, although some are likely stale at this point.21:32
pleia2there is a list of nominees that we were working with the loco council on21:32
pleia2perhaps we can talk to one of them about being a leader/secretary of the board to do a better analysis of what needs to change? (who is active? will adding two time zone meetings help or not matter?)21:33
pleia2this is kinda what we wanted you to do, persia, but I think your plate is probably too full :)21:33
persiaAdding two timezone meetings will certainly help: that's been something discussed since the second A-O RMB meeting.21:34
persiaI'd kinda like to do it, but as I've not been doing so recently, would certainly appreciate not perceiving myself as a blocker.21:34
popeyWhat's the main preferred UTC time for Asia-Pac meetings?21:34
popeyor times21:35
pleia2popey: they've held them at 10:00 in the past21:35
popeyok, so Europe daytime.21:35
persiaTime zones range from +5:30 to +13:45, so "evening" ranges from about 5:00 to about 17:00 UTC.  The most popular recommendations from prior discussions were something like 8:00 and 13:00.21:36
pleia2http://ubuntu-news.org/2011/01/30/regional-membership-boards-restaffing-2/ has details of when they were shooting for meetings21:36
MootBotLINK received:  http://ubuntu-news.org/2011/01/30/regional-membership-boards-restaffing-2/ has details of when they were shooting for meetings21:36
pleia2so I think we need both: Add new members, find a board "leader" who is willing to be responsible for keeping the team on track21:37
persiaProbably best to have the leader in +8 or +9, as this is the best time to be able to do both meeting times.21:38
pleia2yeah, at least be able to peek in to make sure the 2nd meeting happens21:38
pleia2even if they can't attend fully21:38
sabdflwe manage21:39
sabdflwe alternate times21:39
popeycc rarely has a list of 10 people waiting on action though, RMB's do.21:39
sabdflwould it make sense to split it into two? how much overlap is expected, would many members go to both times?21:40
popeyis there suffient leadership to run two when there so far hasn't for one?21:41
persiaThe original proposal for the large size/two meetings model was to strive for 10 members, of which 3 would be UTC+10 or later, 3 would be UTC+7 or earlier, and the remaining in +8 or +9, striving for 7 attending each meeting.  I'm unsure how workable that would be in practice, but it seemed sensible when we started.21:42
pleia2I think it's a sensible way to start anyway, we can see how it works in practice21:44
sabdflok, let's try it21:45
popeyI'd also encourage mails to the mailing list when people can't attend, because other RMB members can certainly step in21:45
pleia2we have a list of 6 potential nominees that the loco council was helping us with, I'll follow up with paultag's email to see abou getting some folks added21:45
pleia2popey: +121:45
popeywe had that tonight with the EMEA board21:46
persiaI'll forward the list of nominees sent to the A-O list over the past while.21:46
pleia2persia: thank you21:47
pleia2that's it for the agenda21:47
sabdflany other business?21:49
popeynot I21:49
pleia2I think we're done21:50
pleia2thanks everyone21:50
sabdflthanks all!21:51
MootBotMeeting finished at 16:51.21:51
sabdflthanks for steering, pleia221:51
highvoltagepopey: yes I'm really glad we had some help. was slightly harder keeping tabs on who have already voted though, but a nice excercise :)21:51
highvoltagenight sabdfl21:51

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!