tdr112is slashtommy alright12:33
tdr112noting from him in a few days12:34
* slashtommy is fine12:34
tdr112its alive12:35
tdr112anyone up for a ubuntu hour next week12:35
slashtommywhen did you have in mind?12:36
tdr112science gallery have a new show starting this week i think12:36
slashtommyubuntu hour at the science gallery?12:38
ebelyeah saw science gallary was packed last week12:38
ebelsomething about stomachs I think12:38
slashtommytdr112: what's your suggestion?15:03
tdr112i think sciencegallery saturday week lunch time , have a look around and a cup of tea in the cafe15:33
slashtommysaturday 25 feb?15:47
slashtommysounds good16:16
slashtommyyou going to email the list?16:16
tdr112yep i will do it on the way home16:18
infoturtlehow do all20:59
Victor9098all good in da hood21:00
ebelello all21:00
ebelirc meeting scheduled to start now21:00
airurandogo for it21:00
* ebel shall chair21:00
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Feb 15 21:00:53 2012 UTC.  The chair is ebel. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.21:00
meetingologyAvailable commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired21:00
ebelwell we'll wait a few mins for others to arrive21:01
* ebel hands out some coffee21:01
ebelso, how's the form?21:01
infoturtleooooooo, coffee21:01
airurandoall good here and with you ebel?21:01
Victor9098mmmm, a brew21:01
* ebel is grand21:02
* infoturtle too21:03
airurandohiya tdr11221:04
Victor9098Everyone see the survey to select the new sounds for 12.04??21:05
infoturtleseen that grooveshark are charging in Ireland for service now tho, that upset me21:06
ebelinfoturtle: grooveshark worked for me the other day…21:06
Victor9098Here's the link to the article, sounds, and then the survey: http://design.canonical.com/2012/02/sound-theme-update/21:07
infoturtleworked for you in the bussiness sense or the way it's ment to work as a music player?21:07
ebelinfoturtle: worked as playing music for free over the internet on demand21:07
tdr112will we make a start21:08
ebelanyways, we should start the meeting proper...21:08
ebelI am your chair, please say PRESENT if you're paying attention21:08
ebel#link the meeting agenda is here: http://loco.ubuntu.com/meetings/ubuntu-ie/338/detail/21:08
ebel#link http://loco.ubuntu.com/meetings/ubuntu-ie/338/detail/21:08
infoturtleya, a friend just wrote about it on the site, must be new21:08
ebeli added an item to the agenda today and it put it at the top, so i'll mentally move that last21:09
ebel#topic Review of previous action items from airurando21:09
ebelairurando: ?21:09
airurandonone for this month21:09
airurandoonwards and upwards21:10
ebel#topic 12.04 LTS Release Party from (I thihk Victor9098 ?)21:10
Victor9098Yes I added that, just thought we could get the ball rolling for the LTS21:11
ebelgood idea21:11
Victor9098But also should have added the Global Jam (but maybe consider that in any other business)21:12
airurandosounds good21:12
ebelrelease 2 months away isn't it, right?21:13
Victor9098April 26th21:13
infoturtle4th month21:13
ebelok, good to get started21:13
ebelwhat shall we do? ideas!21:13
ebel(god pangolins are ugly. Why couldn't it be a panda? everyone loves pandas)21:13
moylantoo obvious21:14
tdr112i like pandas21:14
czajkowskiwait till we see waht R is going to be21:14
infoturtlecould be worse to be fair21:14
moylani like pandas too, but i couldn't eat a whole one :-D21:14
infoturtleBBQ panda21:15
moylanhow do you like it? rare? :-)21:15
infoturtleshould we BBQ a panda for the party?21:15
Victor9098Guess we are going to the chinese then....they probable have both ;)21:15
ebelright, so ideas? Go to a pub/restauarnt? usual idea? or jimmy chungs? :P21:15
airurandobased on past experience I suggest the Saturday after release day 28th of April21:15
moylansounds best21:16
ebel(pic of cute panda on a plane: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-U2d3UBNU-qM/TvGWdu3KabI/AAAAAAAAMrk/F26ljXcEFoE/Img%2B2011-12-21%2Bat%2B08.18.45.jpg )21:16
infoturtle^^ ba ha ha ha!!!21:16
Victor9098Sat afternoon, food then meet and greet in a bar or at least somewhere with wifi and a bit on room!?21:16
infoturtleI lie the sound of this21:16
ebelgood idea21:17
Victor9098(that's how they flew them to Scotland....)21:17
tdr112yep the sat is best21:17
ebelwifi would be a plus, but is it that important? lotsa people have mobile data, right?21:17
ebelsaturday is good idea21:17
infoturtleyea, bring usb's and make live installs off one copy even21:18
infoturtledon't need to mass download it21:18
* airurando shoots himself in the foot again as he'll be working on 28 Apr 12 :(21:18
Victor9098True, or all we really need is a downloaded copy that we can 'supply' to people if they bring a usb21:18
Victor9098Airurando can attend via Google hangout21:18
moylanbring usbs and making copies from a single point would be very olympic torch like. cool!21:18
ebelwe could delay it by another week, we /might/ have offical cds by then....21:19
ebelthis time it was delayed for many temas21:19
ebelbut before we got them a few days after release21:19
infoturtleI'm down for what ever day really, unless I've exams but I've no idea when they start21:19
tdr112lets not worry about it now21:19
ebelyeah, we could play it by ear for now?21:20
Victor9098ok, so we will pencil in April 28th or May 5th for our Release Party?21:20
infoturtlesounds like the plan21:20
airurandodecide here or mailing list?21:21
infoturtlemailing list21:21
ebelwell, dublin? other places are encouraged to have their own parties?21:21
infoturtleI'd like to go to the Dublin one21:21
infoturtleI find some events here to be low on attendies21:21
airurandodecide venue and exact date at the march meeting.21:22
Victor9098We can plan for Dublin in the mailinf list and let others add other locations leadin gup21:22
tdr112lets have a few options and pick next meeting21:22
ebel#topic CD Distribution21:22
ebelfrom me21:23
ebelbasically i still have a decent amount of cds left21:23
ebelas i said in last meeting i contacted lots of people and asked them to send SAEs so i could post them21:23
ebelbut haven't heard anything21:23
ebel(i.e. if you send me a SAE I didn't get it, please contact me)21:23
airurandoVictor9098 will you mail the list looking for feedback re venue and preferred date?21:23
ebelSo we have lots left. However i doubt we'll shift them all21:24
Victor9098I can *learn* to do that ;)21:24
airurandothat's a pity ebel.21:24
ebelWe shifted lots when i paid for posting them. Might do that in future since you send more around. twas only about €30 anyways21:24
ebelah well, you live you learn.21:24
ebelso we could do that for next release21:24
airurandoVictor9098 good on ya!21:25
Victor9098Next release will not be cds though... too big21:25
ebeloh? TBH I haven't looked into it21:25
airurandoebel I think we meed to develop the drop off/pick up system more21:25
Victor9098From what I understand it will be about 50mb oversized21:26
airurandoVictor9098 probably DVDs21:26
ebelhmm, will we be getting discs?21:26
moylanif they can't get it on a cd they should default to a 4gb distro, no?21:26
airurandomoylan mr shuttleworth fixed it at 750mb21:27
airurandodoesn't want bloath21:27
ebelok, i'll need to check if we are getting discs for distribution21:27
ebelin which case we might not have to do anything next release21:28
moylan4gb would allow most apps to be residing on the dvd and save a download for those on dialup21:28
ebelmoylan: only people in the developing world are on dialup21:28
tdr112i am getting to dislike how much say he has21:28
infoturtledailup and cd's, what an age we live in21:28
moylanebel: still a lot of folk on dialup in ireland.21:28
ebel#action ebel to investigate if locos are getting disks next release21:29
meetingologyACTION: ebel to investigate if locos are getting disks next release21:29
airurandomoylan indeed but the thought is to keep it small and comfy on a 2gb thumb drive.21:29
moylanfair enough but after going over the 700mb limit they should optimise to the next medium size.  whether it be 1gb or 4gb is irrelevent.21:30
airurandotdr112 perhaps I said it wrong.  long story at UDS. czajkowski can probably explain it better21:31
ebel#topic AOB ?21:31
ebelVictor9098: you said something?21:31
Victor9098Global Jam 2 - 4 March 201221:31
tdr112can i do my topic21:31
ebel#topic global jam21:31
tdr112as i have to do21:31
ebeltdr112: sure, go ahead21:31
tdr112ubnutu hour in dublin next week21:32
airurandowe can get back to UGJ21:32
tdr112in the  sciencegallery saturday week21:32
ebeltdr112: good idea21:32
tdr112i will email to the list tonight21:32
moylanwhat time?21:32
airurandogood stuff21:32
Victor9098will watch for details21:32
tdr112meeting at 1.30 for people who want to look around21:32
tdr1122pm for people just for tea21:33
ebeltdr112: good idea21:33
airurandotdr112 will you put it up on the LTP?21:33
tdr112what LTP21:33
airurandoloco team portal that was the loco dir21:33
tdr112i will put it on the loco dir thing21:34
tdr112have to get a bus see ya21:34
ebelcool, good idea21:34
moylantake care21:34
ebelright, Victor9098 ?21:35
ebel#agreed ubuntu hour in dublin in science gallery21:36
Victor9098Just on the topic of the Jam, just thought we better arrange something21:36
infoturtleI'm setting one up in Limerick via the UL compsoc, just need a date21:36
infoturtlewanted to do it the same date as Dublin if there was one21:37
ebelinfoturtle: good idea21:37
Victor9098I saw some suggestions in the mailing list, hangouts and so21:37
infoturtlehangouts on the day would be great21:37
ebeldublin ideas: tog (again)? some other venue (where?), virtual meetings, other ideas?21:37
Victor90982 - 4 March 2012 is the official dates, 3rd would be a sat21:37
infoturtleare we all good for the 3rd?21:38
Victor9098Sounds good21:39
* ebel might be21:40
ebelVictor9098: do you wanna organise this?21:40
airurandoi know tdr112 can't make it that weekend21:40
Victor9098Not sure I would be the best for the Jam, somebody else might be better able to assess requirements and location21:41
infoturtlejust a place with power supply, table and net21:42
ebelok, well, see if something happens?21:44
ebelfor dates, tis good to email the mailing list and or use a doodle poll, and see what the dates are like?21:44
Victor9098I will add to the mailing list this evening and the other about the release party, see if suggestions come?21:44
ebelVictor9098: people will help you organise things if you want. it's really really easy21:44
infoturtleI've to book rooms two weeks in advance so the sooner we know the better for me21:45
airurandoIt is so close to the start of march now I reckon just go for the 3rd21:45
ebelSometimes you just have to grab the thing by the horns and just fecking do it :)21:45
Victor9098Well, we will settle on the 3rd now, and then figure out a physical location21:45
airurandoif something can't be arranged for Dub then those in Dug can join Limerick via G plus hangout21:45
infoturtlesure, that'll work :D21:46
ebelanything else?21:46
Victor9098For those of us around Dub anyway21:46
infoturtlenope, think we're done21:46
Victor9098not from me21:46
airurandoebel comment on the old website?21:46
ebel#topic Website21:47
ebelyay for website21:47
ebelapparently canonical hosting can change DNS stuff21:47
ebelthere was a lot of automated spam on old website ubuntu-ie.org21:47
airurandojust to report that the old ubuntu-ie.org was taken down due to spam21:47
Victor9098Yeah, I got that via my RSS feeds21:47
ebelso it's gone offline now21:47
ebelinfoturtle: you were the one who wanted to do the 'setting it up on blacknight' right?21:48
infoturtlewe got details now?21:48
airurandoinfoturtle you have a clean slate now.21:48
airurandono migration21:49
ebelinfoturtle: details? you have blacknight account details, right?21:49
infoturtleoh, that just makes everything a lot faster to do now21:49
airurandofresh start21:49
infoturtleoooooo I'm not sure if I do anymore21:49
infoturtleany chance you can resend them ebel??21:49
infoturtlecheers ebel21:50
ebelright, have a look there, setup your /etc/hosts, play around, let us know when you're ready?21:50
infoturtlewill do!21:50
airurandonext meeting 21 Mar 12?21:50
ebel#agreed infoturtle will set up draft new ubuntu-ie.org on BK21:51
infoturtleairurando that's fine by me21:51
ebelairurando: sounds fine21:51
Victor9098sounds good21:51
ebel#agreed next meeting 21st march 201221:51
infoturtleI'm good anyway21:52
airurandoI'm all done21:52
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Feb 15 21:52:41 2012 UTC.21:52
meetingologyMinutes (wiki):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-ie/2012/ubuntu-ie.2012-02-15-21.00.moin.txt21:52
meetingologyMinutes (html):        http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-ie/2012/ubuntu-ie.2012-02-15-21.00.html21:52
ebelthanks for coming everyone21:52
airurandothanks ebel21:52
Victor9098thanks for the coffee21:52
infoturtlehuzzar for all21:52
infoturtleebel I created the domain new.ubuntu-ie.org ages ago thinking I was creating a subdomain of the ubuntu-ie.org site but it seems I have to delete it to create ubutu-ie.org, will deleting it affect our hosting on it or will I get rid of it and create ubuntu22:04
infoturtle*ubuntu-ie.org, sorry pressed enter too soon22:04
czajkowskiubuntu-ie.org currently redirects to loco.u.c/irish team22:06
czajkowskidue to spam being on the website22:06
czajkowskiand it was just easier22:06
infoturtleit's cool, figured it out22:09
* ebel is unsure how the blacknight interface would workd22:24

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!